Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,743 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Prince Eheneden Picks New Name - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Prince Eheneden Picks New Name (41701 Views)

Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In Style To Meet With Prince Charles. Photos / Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) / Erediauwa Picks The Name "Oba Ewuare ii" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by AnonymousG: 5:43pm On Oct 16, 2016
KingOvoramwen1:

Nor mind that foock boy!!
Hahahahaaaaaaha, Scared little coward, after you have been shamed to & fro, you got nothing else to blab about. Now u are even scared to quote the missiles thrown at you. I dun die grin Go nurse your lil wounds for now. And benin will always be under the Yorubas. Even your great grand parents knows this., Dullardinhó grin

4 Likes

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by martha89: 5:50pm On Oct 16, 2016
EROMS38:
Wil u keep shut, we ishans r from beniñ
its Esan
Nobody is saying the language is not Edoid and what he meant is that we are all mixed with something. The ijejeghe danc etc look like the one they dance in the east.

2 Likes

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by KingOvoramwen1(m): 5:53pm On Oct 16, 2016
EROMS38:
the guy nà error.
HAHAHAHA CONFAM ERROR!!!

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 16, 2016
Yoruba that can even practice ordinary primogeniture.where I can come to and use money to buy position of Alafin, ooni and alake.
Where ogboni and oyomesi can remove a so called king.
A king is supreme and have right over everybody but these ones are bought with money. That's why all the ooni are reach people because the real ooni are bought away with money.
Until we see the real ooni we won't believe.
The rituals these Yoruba people won't say is y each ooni keeps marrying a Benin wife? Because the Benin is in control and always have their sons and daughters there.

My dear KingOvoramwen1 , just like the brains washed Boko Haram bombers and members, these Yoruba people can't comprehend the truth so they would believe the old lie they know.
Oba Osalobua. Just leave dem

4 Likes

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by KingOvoramwen1(m): 5:56pm On Oct 16, 2016
ENDTIMEgist:
Yoruba that can even practice ordinary primogeniture.where I can come to and use money to buy position of Alafin, ooni and alake.
Where ogboni and oyomesi can remove a so called king.
A king is supreme and have right over everybody but these ones are bought with money. That's why all the ooni are reach people because the real ooni are bought away with money.
Until we see the real ooni we won't believe.
The rituals these Yoruba people won't say is y each ooni keeps marrying a Benin wife? Because the Benin is in control and always have their sons and daughters there.

My dear KingOvoramwen1 , just like the brains washed Boko Haram bombers and members, these Yoruba people can't comprehend the truth so they would believe the old lie they know.
Oba Osalobua. Just leave dem

HAHAHAHA I HEAR YOU BRO!!

DEM NORGET SENSE OF TRADITION ATALL VERY SMELLIN PEOPLE!

2 Likes

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by itzsniper(m): 5:58pm On Oct 16, 2016
KingOvoramwen1:
Your mumu Ooni is a domestic Appendage of the Oba of Benin ...The one and only Supreme Oba..... Infact i think its hard time Benin chiefs revoke your southwest from using our Oba title Copycats I laff in swahillli grin grin

THAT HERMAPHRODITE ABOVE ME NEEDS A BRAIN URGENTLY!!
oh boy did u know DAT both Benin and Yoruba's are kind of related in one way or d other? y una like to dey give una sef headache onrop unnecessary mata. wetin b naija youth problem sef

3 Likes

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by Godstraight(m): 6:00pm On Oct 16, 2016
AnonymousG:

I just gave a simple example but you already galloping on it like it touched your spine. Culture blablablah, we are still on thesame day coçksucking issue ok.
Google the word *tribe" it reeks of primiteness only Africans still use it,me alongside many binis we don't tribalism nor do we care about major tribe,my earlier comment is what majority of us want,we not on the same issue because you feel being among a major "tribe" somehow benefits you that I don't understand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by KingOvoramwen1(m): 6:07pm On Oct 16, 2016
Godgay:
Google the word *tribe" it reeks of primiteness only Africans still use it,me alongside many binis we don't tribalism nor do we care about major tribe,my earlier comment is what majority of us want,we not on the same issue because you feel being among a major "tribe" somehow benefits you that I don't understand.

HAHAHAHAHA TELL THEM BRO............... SMH I DON LAFF TIRE I SWEAR..... SO MUCH ILLITERACY
Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by Efikoroy: 6:08pm On Oct 16, 2016
KingOvoramwen1:

Ohh no Oduduwa fell from sky with a chain, two fowl grin and two tribal mark faced women and started borning u ppl and planting cassava hahaha abeg dude be sensible Oduduwa was prince Ekelerehan dat was barnished from benin and wandered onto Uhe wich u ppl call Ife and he told u ppl he was an Ogiso wich means Sky King wich was the title benin kings bore at that time so he successfully convinced u ppl that u ppl made him king lool i swear even up till now yoruba OT never still change...

YOU WANNA TIFF WORD NA USELU WICH IS ONE OF THE MOST COMMON BENIN WORDS YOU WAN TIFF HAHAHA ABEG I NORFIT LAFF grin
Oboy Laho dnt digrace urself here grin grin

Please,I am not Benin nether am I Yoruba. There are somethings that gets me worried about this supremacy battle.
1. Why is Benin population not anything close to the Yoruba race if indeed they were long in existence before the Yoruba race
2. If the Yoruba race is claiming superiority, why was Benin kingdom and history better documented than the Yoruba kingdoms.

I am here to learn please. I don't mean any insult.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by EROMS38(m): 6:09pm On Oct 16, 2016
martha89:
its Esan
Nobody is saying the language is not Edoid and what he meant is that we are all mixed with something. The ijejeghe danc etc look like the one they dance in the east.
OK
Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by JuanDeDios: 6:11pm On Oct 16, 2016
It's the poor traders I'm concerned about. In this recession.
Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by martha89: 6:12pm On Oct 16, 2016
EROMS38:
OK bro
No problem sis! cool
Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by row2ray(m): 6:12pm On Oct 16, 2016
AnonymousG:
[size=15pt]The 3 Major Tribes in Nigeria,

YORUBA___HAUSA___IGBO[/size]

Please is BENIN ever mentioned being there? That explains a lot. you Benin dogs are just ranting due to inferiority complex and its understandable.

WAZOBIA isn't it? or its VARIZOBIA you were taught, lmao!
grin grin grin

First the fact that Yorubas decided to born like rabbits or dogs shouldn't be the issue as they basically stuck Thier thing. And still stick it on anything they can find as there were no women with the founding founders and the women they met were enthralled by Thier wisdom and enlightenment, as such they had Thier way with them this bringing about the abrupt surge in numbers from prehistoric times

My next point is if oba was a Yoruba word and not coined from benin, why is the ooni not refered to as oba as a matter of history the oyo kingdom was the second strong hold of Yoruba land and the Alaffin who established that upon his return from benin kingdom ended up adopting certain aspects of the culture and when his children moved to continue Thier breeding the culture became more prevalent hence the upsurge or obas in Yoruba land

The benin kingdom stretched as far as the Ashanti region of Ghana where they till date mention benin in Thier history... It was during this expansion that the Yoruba populace came in contact with Thier long lost cousins who where fierce warriors and decisive negotiators.. Hence they called the head quarters of benin kingdom Ile ibinu land of vexation... Even till date it is generally said that anyone from the south south dey vex... When they are observed by Yorubas

Note I'm not a benin however I reside in benin and I have observed Thier culture and can consider these things as an avid history aficionado

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by KingOvoramwen1(m): 6:13pm On Oct 16, 2016
Efikoroy:

Please,I am not Benin nether am I Yoruba. There are somethings that gets me worried about this supremacy battle.
1. Why is Benin population not anything close to the Yoruba race if indeed they were long in existence before the Yoruba race
2. If the Yoruba race is claiming superiority, why was Benin kingdom and history better documented than the Yoruba kingdoms.

I am here to learn please. I don't mean any insult.

major population?,WE BELIEVE IN FAMILY PLANNING NOT INDISCRIMINATE F*CKING OF UNDERAGE GIRLS ,the EDOS are after A STABLE PROGRESSIVE tribe". but ensuring material progress and preserving their culture in THIER CITY EDO STATE...

ARE YOU ENLIGHTENED NOW??
Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by CaptainVID: 6:13pm On Oct 16, 2016
Many useless talk going on here and can't even spot any royal family member...Arguing history of a family lineage they know nothing about nor have contact with perhaps...NONSENSE...am not even seeing clear facts(dem say dem say story)...For me ooo,ooni of ife said his own,the late oba of benin said his own and his son doesn't seem to say otherwise...so what is the matter,is this your job?

1 Like

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by KingOvoramwen1(m): 6:18pm On Oct 16, 2016
row2ray:

First the fact that Yorubas decided to born like rabbits or dogs shouldn't be the issue as they basically stuck Thier thing. And still stick it on anything they can find as there were no women with the founding founders and the women they met were enthralled by Thier wisdom and enlightenment, as such they had Thier way with them this bringing about the abrupt surge in numbers from prehistoric times

My next point is if oba was a Yoruba word and not coined from benin, why is the ooni not refered to as oba as a matter of history the oyo kingdom was the second strong hold of Yoruba land and the Alaffin who established that upon his return from benin kingdom ended up adopting certain aspects of the culture and when his children moved to continue Thier breeding the culture became more prevalent hence the upsurge or obas in Yoruba land

The benin kingdom stretched as far as the Ashanti region of Ghana where they till date mention benin in Thier history... It was during this expansion that the Yoruba populace came in contact with Thier long lost cousins who where fierce warriors and decisive negotiators.. Hence they called the head quarters of benin kingdom Ile ibinu land of vexation... Even till date it is generally said that anyone from the south south dey vex... When they are observed by Yorubas

Note I'm not a benin however I reside in benin and I have observed Thier culture and can consider these things as an avid history aficionado

HAHAHAHA NOR MIND DEM BABY FACTORIES.....THEY THINK INDISCRIMINATE F*UCKING OF GIRLS AND ANY THEY CAN LAY THIER JOYSTICK ON IS LIFE!!!

grin grin FOOCK BOY TRIBE
Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by KingOvoramwen1(m): 6:19pm On Oct 16, 2016
row2ray:

HAHAHAHA NOR MIND DEM BABY FACTORIES.....THEY THINK INDISCRIMINATE F*UCKING OF GIRLS AND ANY RUMIMANT ANIMALTHEY CAN LAY THIER JOYSTICK ON IS LIFE!!!

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by KingOvoramwen1(m): 6:19pm On Oct 16, 2016
row2ray:

HAHAHAHA NOR MIND DEM BABY FACTORIES.....THEY THINK INDISCRIMINATE F*UCKING OF GIRLS AND ANY RUMIMANT ANIMAL THEY CAN LAY THIER JOYSTICK ON IS LIFE!!!

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by Efikoroy: 6:32pm On Oct 16, 2016
KingOvoramwen1:

major population?,WE BELIEVE IN FAMILY PLANNING NOT INDISCRIMINATE F*CKING OF UNDERAGE GIRLS ,the EDOS are after A STABLE PROGRESSIVE tribe". but ensuring material progress and preserving their culture in THIER CITY EDO STATE...

ARE YOU ENLIGHTENED NOW??

Ya. Thanks.

Oya yorubas over to you. Why is The history of the Benin kingdom better documented ( as far back as the 14th century )
Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by fishbone11(m): 6:35pm On Oct 16, 2016
Onijagidijagan:

Shio go and find d history of most of d Akoko edos..they will tell u where they migrated frm e.g Ibilo, Sobe etc. Many of them bears yoruba names, looks like yorubas and they always remain loyal to there yorubas despite d fake histories u people want to force on themgrin

Isoko/etsako/esan/Akoko edos/Yorubas/itsekiris/olukunmi all in d south south does not speak benin but speak more yorubas..that sud tell u many things alone.

The first four kings of d Olukunmi in d South south are yoruba namea..likewise d itsekiris.

Many of ur great grand fathers frm benin bear yoruba names..dat sud tell u their source too.

Yorubaland four times bigger than the South South yet have never seen a single yoruba man bearing benin name but is d other way round...why?
Oboy shut up that yr smelling mouth, I have been reading yr trash since morning and I decided to react to this nonsense u wrote. A community that share boundary with another community tend to share same language ok. How can u say Esan,Esako speaks Yoruba? Pls don't provoke me ooooo cos I dey find money seriously

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by universalMan: 6:36pm On Oct 16, 2016
The renaissance of paganism in black Africa! From Benin to ife to......Ancient demons are striking a powerful come-back. Why not! When the bearers of light have all gone to sleep and mammon has taken over true religion.

2 Likes

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by KingOvoramwen1(m): 6:54pm On Oct 16, 2016
fishbone11:

Oboy shut up that yr smelling mouth, I have been reading yr trash since morning and I decided to react to this nonsense u wrote. A community that share boundary with another community tend to share same language ok. How can u say Esan,Esako speaks Yoruba? Pls don't provoke me ooooo cos I dey find money seriously

HAHAHAHA I SWEAR U GO JUST KILL DAT FOOCK BOY...

NOR WORRY BRO OSANOBUA GO BLESS YOUR HUSTLE SURELY!
Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by universalMan: 6:59pm On Oct 16, 2016
Yet a little while and the watchmen who went to sleep on duty and those preoccupied with the deceptive allure of mammon would all be caught unawares in the throes, pangs and travails of the evil web of darkness. Get ready for captivity ye lukewarm! It has happened before. We are about to replay history!

2 Likes

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by AnonymousG: 7:06pm On Oct 16, 2016
row2ray:

[b]How funny people embrace ignorance & still upholds it to their necks like a gold chain. If u claim the Yorubas give birth like rabbits, wahh will you say of the Hausas? You keep using that to justify why Benin is so small to the extent that even the least populated of the 3 major tribes/ethnic group are still more than d Benins.

Only a confident dullard will claim the world OBA belongs to the benin. irrespective of wahhh the present Yoruba monarchs are using. In short, hardly will u see a yoruba king using the word 0ba nowadays. They have all changed it to unique phrase that suits their kingdoms. You hear of Alakë of Egbaland, Olowu of owu, Alaperu of Iperu, Akarigbo of remo land. Even Wikipedia showed its a yoruba word.

As in, its just laughable, you hear Oba Nla, Oba Aye, blablablah and you are here writing episodes that doesn't just tally with facts, & plz spare me the I'm not a benin blablablah, I'm currently typing this from ringroad & have lived & still living in benin for quite some time....Lol
grin[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by DeRay98(m): 7:08pm On Oct 16, 2016
O ba in bini language means Red or Redish. As the Oba Royal attire is entirely made of red beads and clothes. Its also indicates the Awe of fear His title and authority depicts in his kingdom.
Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by BlackKenichi(m): 7:09pm On Oct 16, 2016
KingOvoramwen1:
MORE PHOTOS...
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4362543_cuja7xgweaay9t7_jpeg22ddefdc788e028a55bba4eb224776d0
Wow I'm genuinely shocked.
Nigerian women wearing their natural hair instead of those yacky mismatched weaves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by AnonymousG: 7:11pm On Oct 16, 2016
KingOvoramwen1:

HAHAHAHA NOR MIND DEM BABY FACTORIES.....THEY THINK INDISCRIMINATE F*UCKING OF GIRLS AND ANY RUMIMANT ANIMAL THEY CAN LAY THIER JOYSTICK ON IS LIFE!!!

This one has run out of words, the next thing for him is to run & hide behind his ignorant defenders to throw shades. You are the Real Fuçk βoy my son. Coward. grin grin grin grin
Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 16, 2016
KingOvoramwen1:

.Read properperly that write up cleary states two things.

1) UHE IS IFE
2) ODUDUWA CAME FROM BENIN AND ESTABLISED THE YORUBA RACE THUS YORUBA KINGS A CLEARY BADTARDS FROM THE BENIN ROYAL STOOL..

CASED CLOSED!!!!

You need to find out truth about people you know nothing about. What's Oduduwa? For your information there are several Oduduwas and Oranmiyans in Ife. These are titles just like Oosangan, Oisa, Olofin, Odofin, Owa, etc.

If you have taken your time to read Yoruba History, you will understand that an oral tradition of the people of Ife thousands of years before the arrival of another oduduwa from the East, held that Orunmila, Ogun, Obatala, Esu, etc came from above. These were the ancient founders of Ife, they were of Atlantis...

Your Ekhalederen probably ended up in Owo or Akure or Ikere
Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by tno4real(m): 7:20pm On Oct 16, 2016
Onijagidijagan:
When will the crown prince of benin pay is respect to the king of all Obas I.e the Great Ooni of Ife?
This guy below me dey daft sha

U are a fo*l for that statement, u this lazy usele*s yoruba boy
Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by KingOvoramwen1(m): 7:21pm On Oct 16, 2016
BlackKenichi:

Wow I'm genuinely shocked.
Nigerian wearing their natural hair instead of that yacky mismatched weaves.

Abi oo we aiint like some bush people grin grin
Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by ianSweet(f): 7:21pm On Oct 16, 2016
Onijagidijagan:

you such a liar, my girlfriend is afemai when benin people are talking she doesn't understand...tell d lie to someone that hasn't bn to edo before.

When Ekiti people or Ikale people are talking Oshogbo or Ibadan people cannot understand.
Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by tno4real(m): 7:24pm On Oct 16, 2016
Onijagidijagan:
When will the crown prince of benin pay is respect to the king of all Obas I.e the Great Ooni of Ife?
This guy below me dey daft sha

They want to be part of Benin kingdom by force

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

African-americans Trace Roots To Igbo Land / Photo Of Ooni Enitan Adeyeye-Ogunwusi As A Corper / African Medieval Military Systems Pre-colonial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.