Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,389 members, 7,839,702 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? (36093 Views)

Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) / Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" / Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by iwatchandlisten(m): 10:25am On Oct 19, 2016
annunaki2:

This verse was addressed to pharisees who were under the law and not Christians who are under grace. That verse made it clear that tithing is an aspect of the law and Christians are not under the law.

Please see Matthew 5: 17 -19...the laws of God are important for us to learn and to obey, that is why He urges us not to forget his law and to keep his commandments (proverbs 3:1). Moreover, when Satan tempted Jesus Christ, the Master repelled him with quotes from the Book of Deuteronomy (meaning the Second Law). This is indication that Christians must study and know the laws of God. See Matt. 11:4 and Deut 8:3; Matt. 4:7 and Deut 6:16; amd Matt. 4:10 and Deut. 6:13 and Exodus 20: 3-5. (Temptation of Christ and His quotation of the Old testament, all starting with "It is written...)

The old testament is not irrelevant to Christianity, that is why Christ and saints in the New Testament made references to God's words and promises in the Old Testament. Old Testament references/quotes are all over the New Testament.
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by MrPRevailer(m): 10:25am On Oct 19, 2016
AlanSugar:

I honestly don't understand when people reason like this... "That there may be food in my house" for who? I believe the "in my house" means the church? How many of the property/items owned by thieving pastors belong to the church? Take oydescam for instance, does his private jets belong to the church, his rich dishes get shared by every member of the congregation, the church schools get attended by all and sundry of the congregation needing sound education, his big big shoes and jackets which are proceeds of tithes and offerings bringing "food" in God's house gets shared and worn by all congregants? The list is endless...... If the so called food in God's houses are only meant for the single oga at the top then that's not good enof!

The words of a shallow mind and one-sidedness.
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by Sunglow: 10:28am On Oct 19, 2016
You can do both. Pay your tithe and still help the poor.
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by amliftedhigher: 10:30am On Oct 19, 2016
CollinsWeGlobe:
Good Morning my fellow Nairalanders.

I believe my calling on earth is to assist anyone around me, in every little way I can. I do support beggars, support my friends, support my family members.

My question today is this "what if I use my Tithes and Offerings to help those in need"

Will God be angry with me? Will the cursed for not paying titles follow me? That is what Jesus Christ taught us in Matthew 25 vs 34 to end. Do it and heaven will be happy with you

Advise please, forgive me for the poor write up.
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by dhurlarpur(m): 10:31am On Oct 19, 2016
I give my 10% out to the needy, God sees my heart and i do that almost every month. There was a Sunday i went to church, i then noticed the guy beside me hasn't been standing up to drop any envelope during offering time, it was a Thanksgiving Sunday and he still didn't dance out to drop his envelope, i even persuaded him that God does not need his money but sees his heart which is full of gratitude. This is my point, after close of service that day, instead of dropping my already wrapped tithe into the church, i squeezed it into his palm and told him i actually wrote a letter and wrapped it in the envelope and he should not read it until he gets home.(Till today i don't know who the guy is coz its a big church)
So, i think its about God seeing your heart.

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by CHARLOE(m): 10:32am On Oct 19, 2016
[quote author=MrPRevailer post=50262659]

My dear, God requires your 10% to be given in the church. From all circumstances in Bible, the tenth of blessings was given to the priests only/in the temple of God. Don't let anybody ever deceive u concerning this. A genuine man of God can never use your money for personal gratification but for sponsorship of the church's vision.

If u feel your pastor will eat your tithe, it means u don't trust him. Then why u still there? Go out and find a holy church.

I go to The Lord's Chosen Ministry.

''Bring you aaaalllll the tithe and offering so that there will be meat in my house'' Malachi 3

You must give your tithe and offering to God. Giving to the poor is not offering. It's called Charity or alms-giving.

If a church is so rich and you perceive that its not channelling the wealth to save souls and spread gospel of salvation, what you can do is look for a good righteous church you perceive God's presence and offer the )]
U lack knowledge, ask yourself:
1. who did God ask to collect tithe? d levite priests (not pastor)
2. Why? Cos they had no Inheritance in israel, not land, house, biz etc they had nothing.
But ur pastors have businesses, landed properties, luxury cars, even private jets, yet still collect ur tithes.
The order of d levite is no more and pastor is not same as levite priesthood, d bible says; we are a holy nation, a royal Priesthood! We are all part of that royal priesthood n Jesus our high priest ( not ur GO as pst Adeboye wrongly said in Open Heavens)
Pastors keep threatening u with a curse that does not n cannot apply to u, we're not even under d law for goodness sake, So how can d curse of d law be on u? Ignorance is a Disease really!

1 Like

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by saxomo6(m): 10:33am On Oct 19, 2016
Jesus affirmed tithing. Tithing did not start from the law, Abraham tithed. There are many givings, the one you practice is lending unto the LORD. Tithing is paying... It wasn't yours in the first place. I would love to connect better and refresh your good mind. God bless
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by Sunglow: 10:35am On Oct 19, 2016
annunaki2:

Tithes is scriptural but it's not applicable to Christians and the type of tithes(monetary tithe from income) preached in churches today is certainly not scriptural.
It is 100% scriptural.
What stops you from doing both. Paying tithe and giving to the poor.
Really dont understand the arguments people make about tithing.
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by MrPRevailer(m): 10:40am On Oct 19, 2016
Taryur3:

Is either u are a pastor, pastors brother, or benefiting from a pastor

hahaha. So gullible of you and your hailers.

Ive been in The Lord's Chosen Ministry for 12 years. Am not a pastor. I've never been given money. But I benefit from my pastor his prayers and words of exhortation, which stresses on obedience to God so we can be saved in the Jugdement of God.

And I pay my offering and Tithe for the sponsorship of God's work, which includes but not limited to crusades which cost millions each, Maintenance of buses for free transport, Media publication, branch establishments etc

Even the money given to my pastor as gift, he has vowed to God never to use any of them for self improvement but God's work. And he will never collect your money but ask you to pay to church account which is not in his control. It in the control of the adminstrtors department. This is a genuine man of God.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by CHARLOE(m): 10:40am On Oct 19, 2016
Sunglow:
It is 100% scriptural.
What stops you from doing both. Paying tithe and giving to the poor.
Really dont understand the arguments people make about tithing.
Do u know even d Israelites in israel don't pay tithe in our present day? Smh @ ignorant n fearful xtians
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by pepculture: 10:44am On Oct 19, 2016
MrPRevailer:

My dear, God requires your 10% to be given in the church. From all circumstances in Bible, the tenth of blessings was given to the priests only/in the temple of God. Don't let anybody ever deceive u concerning this. A genuine man of God can never use your money for personal gratification but for sponsorship of the church's vision.

If u feel your pastor will eat your tithe, it means u don't trust him. Then why u still there? Go out and find a holy church.

''Bring you aaaalllll the tithe and offering so that there will be meat in my house'' Malachi 3

You must give your tithe and offering to God. Giving to the poor is not offering. It's called Charity or alms-giving.

If a church is so rich and you perceive that its not channelling the wealth to save souls and spread gospel of salvation, what you can do is look for a good righteous church you perceive God's presence and offer there.
I dont get why this lord chosen people always feel other churches aren't doing the write ting
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by MrPRevailer(m): 10:48am On Oct 19, 2016
dhurlarpur:
I give my 10% out to the needy, God sees my heart and i do that almost every month. There was a Sunday i went to church, i then noticed the guy beside me hasn't been standing up to drop any envelope during offering time, it was a Thanksgiving Sunday and he still didn't dance out to drop his envelope, i even persuaded him that God does not need his money but sees his heart which is full of gratitude. This is my point, after close of service that day, instead of dropping my already wrapped tithe into the church, i squeezed it into his palm and told him i actually wrote a letter and wrapped it in the envelope and he should not read it until he gets home.(Till today i don't know who the guy is coz its a big church)
So, i think its about God seeing your heart.

What you did was charity or almsgiving. It's not tithe and offering. And by giving your tithe to somebody else, you didn't honour God.

'There's a way that seemeth right into a man but the end of the way is death'

Remember also Uzziah who with his good heart wanted to help the ark of God from falling, but God struck him to death.

OBEDIENCE IS BETTER THAN SACRIFICE.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by MrPRevailer(m): 10:56am On Oct 19, 2016
pepculture:

I dont get why this lord chosen people always feel other churches aren't doing the write ting

Are you doing the right thing. Only sin lovers, deceivers, jealousy and envious that hate The Lord's Chosen Ministry.

Many people who were living all forms of immoral and wicked lifestyles have come to The Lord's Chosen, heard the undiluted word of God and have stopped their evil life which is but not limited to arm robbery, prostitution, native doctors, occultists, womanizers, smoke and drunk addicts etc. So yes we do the right thing. And people hate us because we preach the right things and that is the devil using them to fight us. Because the Only thing the devil can not give is RIGHTEOUSNESS AND HOLINESS. (Which without, no man shall see the Lord. Heb 12:14).
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by humblemikel(f): 10:57am On Oct 19, 2016
TITHE OR NO TITHE, MY DEAR THERE IS TIME AND SEASON FOR EVERYTHING UNDER THE EARTH
MARK THIS::: [b[b]]A GRATEFUL HEART AND A HEART OF THANKSGIVING IS ALL WHAT GOD NEEDS FROM US
TRY TO THANK GOD AT EVERY MINUTE AND MOMENT OF UR LIFE AND SEE HOW THAT WORK WONDERS THAN UR SILVER AND GOLD.
THATS ALL WHAT GOD WANT FROM US[/b][/b
]
NOT A MANDATORY TITHE BUT THAT WHICH COMES FROM UR HEART IN THANKSGIVING.
SOMETHING TELLS ME IF PRAISES WAS TO BE REMOVE FROM OUR MOUTH, I WONT LAST A DAY.. SMILES
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by gentleman1109(m): 11:12am On Oct 19, 2016
Wilgrea7:

ok God said he wants ur 10%... to do what exactly... you're being robbed in broad day light
...he's bn robbed in broad day light Indeed..we need to help d needy,not the pastor,God has nothing to do wth money.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by MrPRevailer(m): 11:12am On Oct 19, 2016
Krismart:
U must either be a pastor or his son.

I am begotten in Christ through him. But I am not a pastor. I only hear the word of God and obey the Lord.

And He has vowed to God to never use the Money for personal improvement/gratification. The money is used for maintenance of Transport Buses, branch establishments, crusades which cost millions each, Media publication etc.

There is tremendous blessings for those who pay their tithes. A man who went to heaven and back saw Angels carry bags of gold. And he asked them what it's for? They said it's for a saint on earth who just paid his tithe. SpiritLessons.com

Don't allow devil and worldly men to deceive you. or perhaps greediness. Tithe is a system that must be honoured. It is not charity or almsgiving. You'd agree with me that church can ask for that. And people would give much more when they hear CHARITY. But RATHER they ask for just 10% to show you its not them but the requirement of God.
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by gentleman1109(m): 11:19am On Oct 19, 2016
MrPRevailer:

But it makes you an enemy of God. God is serious about it. It's mostly greedy people that give excuses like "my pastor is eating my tithe".
forget about greediness,everything is free in the arms of God,He is merciful already,some people are underfed everyday,and u are still taming ur mild people for one 10percent,HELP THE NEEDY.God is God he doesn't need ur money.
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by Optimist1(m): 11:19am On Oct 19, 2016
MrPRevailer:

If a church is so rich and you perceive that its not channelling the wealth to save souls and spread gospel of salvation, what you can do is look for a good righteous church you perceive God's presence and offer there.

Above all, these things will not qualify a man to the Kingdom of God if he has not repented in the spirit of truth.

For if a man is repented in the Holy Ghost, he does not need anybody to tell him his right in the Lord and that's why the Lord said in matt. That do the needful before any other thing.

So my brother, we are in truth age and we need to tell each other the truth so men will not perish in ignorance.

So therefore, paying your tithes or giving offering is not the reason why Jesus came to die for the world but to deliver humanity from the bondage of sin.
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by MrPRevailer(m): 11:21am On Oct 19, 2016
Badassniggga:
and who is eating the meat (tithe) exactly? God or pastor? does God eat meat?

The money is used for sponsorship of God's work. Example my church, the money is used to spread the gospel through media publication, maintenance of Free transport Buses, Crusades which cost millions each, Branch establishments, aiding of branches in need of support, maintenance or acquisition of church equipments, like more chairs, park lot expansion etc.

People that say Pastor's are eating the tithe are very one-sided. And also shallow thinkers.
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by MrPRevailer(m): 11:21am On Oct 19, 2016
Badassniggga:
and who is eating the meat (tithe) exactly? God or pastor? does God eat meat?

The money is used for sponsorship of God's work. Example my church, the money is used to spread the gospel through media publication, handbills, maintenance of Free transport Buses, Crusades which cost millions each, Branch establishments, aiding of branches in need of support maintenance or acquisition of church equipments, like more chairs, park lot expansion etc.

People that say Pastor's are eating the tithe are very one-sided. And also shallow thinkers.
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by gentleman1109(m): 11:22am On Oct 19, 2016
annunaki2:

It's actually greedy pastors that preach tithhing. There is absolutely no scripture in the bible that directs Christians to tithe of their income. Tithes as it is preached today is derived from twisting old testament scriptures to suit the greed of those preaching it.
They've bn brain washed
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by sircrabo: 11:24am On Oct 19, 2016
If you read deut 14 vs 22 - 29 with emphasis on 23,24 and 29 you'll understand that bible advised all christians to pay tithes so that the works of their hands be blessed. But the tithe in question wasn't money but farm produce but if the place is too far for you, then the money equivalent be payed. In present day Nigeria, how many of us are farmers ? So our tithe is obviously monetary equivalent

Who is tithe meant for ?

The tithe in the bible is meant for widows, orphans, levites, strangers. Now, it is expected of us to provide for the needy with our tithes but if we do not have them around us or are too busy to visit the orphanage home/ beggars/hospital then we are to take it to church and drop it there. The church should stand as a middle man between the priviledged and less priviledged. There is nothing wrong in paying tithe but the question is, do the churches use the tithes paid to them for the less priviledged ? Do our pastors pay the tithes or use them for their own interest ?

Good News

You don't have to bother what the money/farm produce you paid was used for, its a burnt offering. If you can't go directly to the people listed in the bible, drop it at your local church and turn your back. Don't bother yourself as to whether the pastor will use it for himself/herself. Its a command and yours is to obey the command. On judgement day, pastors will be asked to account for the tithes in their posession

Simply put

You can pay your tithe in cash or kind to the needy directly but if they aren't nearby, rather than spend it take it to your church and drop it and don't bother what the pastor used it for. He'll account for it someday
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 11:31am On Oct 19, 2016
Beehshorp:
Please dis post is open to corrections, u can quote me sha cos what am about to say I am not going to be completely correct cos am not dat sure..

To the topic, op dia is a place in the Bible where someone asked Jesus about giving a begger and paying tithes and Jesus was like the begger is always here so u av to pay ur tithes...

Please correct me if am wrong but something tells me av come across dis storry in d bible
Matt. 26:6-11 was not talking about tithe.
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by FMCASH(m): 11:34am On Oct 19, 2016
MrPRevailer:

But it makes you an enemy of God. God is serious about it. It's mostly greedy people that give excuses like "my pastor is eating my tithe".
Are your pastor levithe
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by chiraqDemon(m): 11:42am On Oct 19, 2016
Edwinmason:
well from my own understanding...God said give me my ten percent he didnt say give to the poor.....paying ur tithe and helping the poor are 2 different things entirely
But on the other hand jesus was like i came to u seeking food n shelter or something like that?
And u rejected me (i dont really know the verse or what he really said)

But i believe that helping the poor is same as giving to God and since the body is Gods house then giving to the poor is same as giving to God
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by dhurlarpur(m): 11:56am On Oct 19, 2016
It's between myself and God. Thanks.
MrPRevailer:

What you did was charity or almsgiving. It's not tithe and offering. And by giving your tithe to somebody else, you didn't honour God.

'There's a way that seemeth right into a man but the end of the way is death'

Remember also Uzziah who with his good heart wanted to help the ark of God from falling, but God struck him to death.

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by humurphia(m): 12:22pm On Oct 19, 2016
Edwinmason:
well from my own understanding...God said give me my ten percent he didnt say give to the poor.....paying ur tithe and helping the poor are 2 different things entirely
No they are not different..read this matthew 25:34-40, and I quote" 34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’....hope its solved
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by humurphia(m): 12:25pm On Oct 19, 2016
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by SURElee(f): 1:05pm On Oct 19, 2016
Op what does the Bible say? BRING the FULL Tithes into my STORE HOUSE. The word "bring" is different from "give help to people. The same bible that says "bring full tithes into my store house", also says"give" to the needy, less privileged, widows etc. Let us learn to obey the word and not twist it to suit us. Op remain blessed, God loves love more
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by uduigwomen(m): 1:07pm On Oct 19, 2016
Let look at the origin n essence of tithes. Tithes originated when God kept a family the Levites aside n solely for His work.

In other words they are to do noting but attending to the work of God in God's house.

For their up keep, God said we should bring 10percent.

In true sense, we don't have Levites in the house today but business men and gainfully employed people.

I believe giving to the poor is far better than given to over fattened and super rich pastors of today churches who maintained numerous private jet why members live in squalors.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by imagrg(m): 1:36pm On Oct 19, 2016
God loves a cheerful giver. Don't give your money to a pastor who has turned the House of God to a Limited liability company. Be warned. They are cashing on your sentiment. Jesus warned in the Bible : My Father's house isn't a den of robbers.
Re: I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? by euchariadavid(f): 2:04pm On Oct 19, 2016
Even if you give to the Poor or those in need.you must pay your tithe to God,dats what the bible says

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman & Wife, Lizzy, Playing Football & Table Tennis (Photos) / No One Should Be Arrested In Nigeria For Possessing Charms / 10 Pictures You Will Understand If You Dodged Going To Church As A Kid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.