Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

SAFINATU, The Story Of Buhari’s First Wife - photos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SAFINATU, The Story Of Buhari’s First Wife - photos (73747 Views)

Buhari’s First Day Back On Duty, A Loud Disappointment, Aso Rock Sources - SR / "Erhiatake Ibori Stole My Husband" - Abioye Suenu's First Wife (Photos) / Pictures Of Buhari With His First Wife, Safinatu And Family (2) (3) (4)

Re: SAFINATU, The Story Of Buhari’s First Wife - photos by eunisam: 10:24am On Oct 17, 2016
Dismiss
Re: SAFINATU, The Story Of Buhari’s First Wife - photos by AuroraB(f): 10:37am On Oct 17, 2016
stinggy:

Do you have a 14-year old daughter? If yes, let me come and pay you a visit. I promise to wait till she is 18.
*in calabar man' voice* Mbok, no ru embarassed grin cheesy
Re: SAFINATU, The Story Of Buhari’s First Wife - photos by blackjah(m): 10:42am On Oct 17, 2016
zhe muzt hafe been in the other room zince
Re: SAFINATU, The Story Of Buhari’s First Wife - photos by afanide: 10:44am On Oct 17, 2016
Interesting.....
Re: SAFINATU, The Story Of Buhari’s First Wife - photos by ephi123(f): 10:52am On Oct 17, 2016
14 years, 14 years. Smh. No be today apparently. Afterall the Katsina emir marryign a 14-year old girl was only few days ago. This region refuses to change archaic customs even decades later.
Re: SAFINATU, The Story Of Buhari’s First Wife - photos by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 10:59am On Oct 17, 2016
DIKEnaWAR:
I thought reading this would liberate Aisha from the kitchen to #TheOtherRoom. It didn't !

Buhari seems to have a thing for underage girls. He met Safinatu at 14 and married her at 18. Same with Aisha. Maybe he has met another 14 year old and has decided to chain Aisha in the kitchen.

Buhari divorced Safinatu in the 1980s because she received help from IBB. Fast forward to 2014 and see the old giraffe himself on all fours begging IBB to support his fourth bid for Presidency in IBBs corrupt Mansion in Minna. This goes to show how this man treat women as slaves.
They ought not to have a voice or mind of their own.

By the way, Is Buhari now regretting divorcing Safinatu and marrying Aisha?

You better shut up and stop lying, Where did Buhari beg IBB? show us on here you lier.
Re: SAFINATU, The Story Of Buhari’s First Wife - photos by ginggerxy: 11:03am On Oct 17, 2016
adconline:
What's the fascination with teenage girls?
and man has taste for beautiful teenage girls. Stufi....d man
Re: SAFINATU, The Story Of Buhari’s First Wife - photos by ochubaebube(m): 11:03am On Oct 17, 2016
[quote author=mohince post=50259854]Introduction
She was very shy and described as a ‘retiring woman’. Yet, this graceful lady who did much of her activity in the background exerted her influence on Nigeria’s most powerful man for 20 months. This is the story of Safinatu, the first wife of President Muhammadu Buhari.

BIRTH, EARLY DAYS AND BACKGROUND
A Fulani by ethnicity, the late Hajia Safinatu was born on the 11 th of December, 1952 in Jos, Plateau State into a family of 13 children, to Alhaji Yusufu Mani and Hajia Hadizatu Mani. Her mother, Hajia Hadizatu, gave birth to seven out of the 13 children. She is a native of Mani Local Government in Katsina State.

EDUCATION
She was well-educated and was so literate that she could read and write in Arabic, being well-grounded in Islamic education. She attended the Women Teacher’s Training College in Katsina where she obtained her Grade II Teachers Certificate in 1971.

FALLING IN LOVE
Safinatu was 14 years old in 1966 when she met her husband for the very first time. Buhari, then a young major in the Nigerian Army, had paid a visit to the house of Safinatu’s father in the company of his friend, the late Major-General Shehu Musa Yar’adua. They had both gone to see Safinatu’s father, Alhaji Yusufu Mani, who was working in Lagos then as the Private Secretary to Alhaji Musa Yar’adua, the Minister of Lagos Affairs in the Federal Cabinet of the First Republic. Shehu Musa Yar’adua and Umaru Musa Yar’adua (later President of Nigeria) were sons of Alhaji Musa Yar’adua.
What happened during the first visit to Alhaji Mani’s house must have been spectacular because immediately the young major Buhari set his eyes on Safinatu, he was struck by the arrows of Cupid. That was not going to be the last visit to the house of Safinatu’s house. Buhari would later pay numerous subsequent onibaranbolebo
visits to the family and like play like play, the two started exchanging letters. With time, both fell in love and they could court for four years and the two love birds would eventually decide to take their relationship to the next level.

MARRIAGE
An interesting thing about Buhari’s relationship with Safinatu was that shortly after the two met, the Nigerian Civil War started in 1967 and Buhari was deployed to the battlefields. This was one of the most tense periods in the life of Safinatu and she would later reveal that she was always worried during the war about the welfare of her lover and would ceaselessly pray for him. In 1971, with the war over, the two lovebirds decided to seal it and they got married. Thus, all through the war, while Buhari was on the battlefield combating Biafran rebels, his heart was not only burning with the love of Nigeria, it was also burning for a young beautiful Fulani girl named Safinatu. She was 18 when they got married.

OP I have reservations for your calling the people of the southeast " Biafran rebels". Be well informed and guided!

Re: SAFINATU, The Story Of Buhari’s First Wife - photos by Rutycool(f): 11:03am On Oct 17, 2016
Why all this story at this point in time. Are they indirectly telling our present first lady to keep shut and face her duties as a wife to the president and no to interfere with the nation's matter. Well gone are those days when wives act like Safinatu

Re: SAFINATU, The Story Of Buhari’s First Wife - photos by stsinner: 11:17am On Oct 17, 2016
i dont know Op's age or what he tries to achieve with this write up but any Nigerian adult knows it was IBB that introduced the office of the first lady. It will take a lot of us only google search to know the names of president shagari's wife,gowon's wife or even murtala's wife because they only worked in the background & they had no political opinion nor influence known to the public

Re: SAFINATU, The Story Of Buhari’s First Wife - photos by abouzaid: 11:22am On Oct 17, 2016
stinggy:

Do you have a 14-year old daughter? If yes, let me come and pay you a visit. I promise to wait till she is 18.
i think she's younger than 14, they edited it so that she can claimed to have been married by 18 which would be acceptable to most people.

Re: SAFINATU, The Story Of Buhari’s First Wife - photos by freshcvvs: 11:26am On Oct 17, 2016
AuroraB:
So, the thought of your 14 year old daughter in courtship gives you no creeps sad

stinggy:

See hypocrites.... How many girls of now are virgins below 18?
Re: SAFINATU, The Story Of Buhari’s First Wife - photos by luvinhubby(m): 11:26am On Oct 17, 2016
taiosino:
Dude that was almost 50 years ago! Things were obviously different, besides it most likely wasn't a sexual courtship, learn to analyze issues dispassionately.

And you monitored them for that 4yrs to know it was not a sexual courtship, monitoring spirit.

Re: SAFINATU, The Story Of Buhari’s First Wife - photos by omofunaab(m): 11:27am On Oct 17, 2016
expertman:
Buhari been get disrespect women since 1580bc .

What a life you divorce because she received financial assistance from IBB.

Shame I remember how obansanjos son and daughter were sent back home from school then secondary school African church grammar school because of school fees.

Until some military men came to rescue them from poverty.

Infact his wife was raped during his detention yet he didn't divorce her.

She still remain the first lady when he came back to power.

Than Man Buhari get problem Walahi

May God punish you for this lie, we need to be careful how we misinform people.

No obasanjo kids ever attended African church Grammar school ita iyalode abeokuta, afrograms. Maybe his relatives or children of those staying in obasanjo's house.

I attended African church grammar school, and i lived at obasanjo way, ita iyalode, abeokuta for 23 years. I know the obasanjo family very well.

Once again May God punish you for this ridiculous lie

Re: SAFINATU, The Story Of Buhari’s First Wife - photos by stinggy(m): 11:27am On Oct 17, 2016
taiosino:
Dude that was almost 50 years ago! Things were obviously different, besides it most likely wasn't a sexual courtship, learn to analyze issues dispassionately.
Sir, that it happened 50 years ago makes it right abi?

Re: SAFINATU, The Story Of Buhari’s First Wife - photos by freshcvvs: 11:27am On Oct 17, 2016
luvinhubby:

And you monitored them for that 4yrs to know it was not a sexual courtship, monitoring spirit.

Grow up, he spent most of the 4yrs of courtship in the war front.
Re: SAFINATU, The Story Of Buhari’s First Wife - photos by Authoreety: 11:35am On Oct 17, 2016
Hmmmm.... Interesting !!! Many stories are now summing up 2 something more interesting
Re: SAFINATU, The Story Of Buhari’s First Wife - photos by AuroraB(f): 11:37am On Oct 17, 2016
freshcvvs:

See hypocrites.... How many girls of now are virgins below 18?
Are you okay? For the fact every female you got around you started shagging before 18 doesn't mean there are no exceptions. You got brain for a purpose undecided
You guys are one hell-of-a-bunch, Hian! And you'd wish this on your daughter, sister, female cousins?
Don't quote me glorifying r.ape, okay It's creepy, geeez!

Re: SAFINATU, The Story Of Buhari’s First Wife - photos by 4reala(m): 11:38am On Oct 17, 2016
taiosino:
You people must sha pick something negative! Did you read the part where they waited for four years before getting married? Besides if she was 53 at the time of her death, it means she'd have been 63 by now, leaving just 10 years difference between her and pmb.
Besides Obasanjo met his first wife remi when she was 11, And married her several years later
Oga, its not about persons, but d act. Your reason doesn't justify d act. How can old men be looking at Children lustfully?

Re: SAFINATU, The Story Of Buhari’s First Wife - photos by seguno2: 11:42am On Oct 17, 2016
ashjay001:
I dont know how old u are, but from d little I can remember, foodstuffs were extremely cheap. Suya, peppersoup n fruits, are what u think as expensive meals in d 80s. I have mechanic friends, who claim to use sardine as sauce, for meals during apprenticeship in d 80s.

In short, you believe that she sold her car as stated in the story?

Re: SAFINATU, The Story Of Buhari’s First Wife - photos by luvinhubby(m): 11:58am On Oct 17, 2016
freshcvvs:

Grow up, he spent most of the 4yrs of courtship in the war front.

And the days he did not spend in the war front he spent with you?

Re: SAFINATU, The Story Of Buhari’s First Wife - photos by sheyizy1: 12:04pm On Oct 17, 2016
stinggy:

should i say you don't assimilate things well or u are purely an illiterate? he just broke it down for you still u are not getting it.
Re: SAFINATU, The Story Of Buhari’s First Wife - photos by megareal: 12:06pm On Oct 17, 2016
Ok, now we know. But that doesn't justify Aisha belonging to 'the other room'. This is an era where women count for something.
Re: SAFINATU, The Story Of Buhari’s First Wife - photos by Ishaq717(m): 12:21pm On Oct 17, 2016
stinggy:

I stopped reading from here. I wonder how these people reason.
You're a fool. so u want them to say smithing like "safinatu was raped or introduced to baby factory business when she was 14". chaii baby factory product!

Re: SAFINATU, The Story Of Buhari’s First Wife - photos by Luckylife(m): 12:25pm On Oct 17, 2016
"A dutiful wife, Safinatu never left her husband in the study alone, she would stay with him, keeping his company until he was ready to sleep. This affected her own sleeping pattern and in order for her to be able to maintain the routine and stay awake with him, Safinatu would have a nap in the afternoon.
Safinatu never interferred with her husband’s official work and did not discuss national matters with him. She seemed to have devoted all her energies into ensuring that the home was as peaceful and as comfortable for the Head of State as possible. She avoided publicity unless it was absolutely necessary."

After doing all those other room things she was later divorce ? Gone are those days !

Re: SAFINATU, The Story Of Buhari’s First Wife - photos by freshcvvs: 12:29pm On Oct 17, 2016
AuroraB:
Are you okay? For the fact every female you got around you started shagging before 18 doesn't mean there are no exceptions. You got brain for a purpose undecided
You guys are one hell-of-a-bunch, Hian! And you'd wish this on your daughter, sister, female cousins?
Don't quote me glorifying r.ape, okay It's creepy, geeez!

Shut up condomhead, did you not see the reason why they do what they do? Once a girl knows she's got a husband to marry makes them less 'promiscuous'.

He didn't even marry her until she was 18 self.

Lastly, how old was Mary the mother of Jesus when she was betrotted to Joseph?

Re: SAFINATU, The Story Of Buhari’s First Wife - photos by freshcvvs: 12:30pm On Oct 17, 2016
luvinhubby:

And the days he did not spend in the war front he spent with you?

No he spent it with you.

Where did Joseph spend his days while courting Mary?
Re: SAFINATU, The Story Of Buhari’s First Wife - photos by AuroraB(f): 12:35pm On Oct 17, 2016
freshcvvs:

Shut up condomhead, did you not see the reason why they do what they do? Once a girl knows she's got a husband to marry makes them less 'promiscuous'.

He didn't even marry her until she was 18 self.

Lastly, how old was Mary the mother of Jesus when she was betrotted to Joseph?
No, you need to shut up already. And I ain't no condomhead. No.
And that makes it right? I laugh. I do give exception when peeps say 'men think with their third legs' I still do but you are no exception; for real.
Re: SAFINATU, The Story Of Buhari’s First Wife - photos by AuroraB(f): 12:40pm On Oct 17, 2016
Ishaq717:

You're a fool. so u want them to say smithing like "safinatu was raped or introduced to baby factory business when she was 14". chaii baby factory product!
Just shut it you! How low could y'all get You dumber than the dumbest. Eish...paedophiles abound amongst us sha. Your name explains your Baroque mentality. Geoide-headed heathen angry
Oshi oda undecided

Re: SAFINATU, The Story Of Buhari’s First Wife - photos by clickwtB(m): 12:40pm On Oct 17, 2016
Some Nigerians are so wicked! Treat everything to the point of vulgarity.May Allmighty ONE treat you all the way treat others.No compassion,pity or even reason.
Re: SAFINATU, The Story Of Buhari’s First Wife - photos by freshcvvs: 12:41pm On Oct 17, 2016
AuroraB:
No, you need to shut up already. And I ain't no condomhead. No.
And that makes it right? I laugh. I do give exception when peeps say 'men think with their third legs' I still do but you are no exception; for real.

Their religion allows it so why are you killing yourself?

Is 18yrs too young to marry?

Mary was 12-14yrs old when she was courting Joseph of 80-90yrs old.
https://discover-the-truth.com/2013/09/30/marriage-of-mary-to-joseph-the-carpenter/amp/

https://www.quora.com/How-old-was-Mary-mother-of-Jesus-when-she-gave-birth-to-Jesus
Re: SAFINATU, The Story Of Buhari’s First Wife - photos by AuroraB(f): 12:49pm On Oct 17, 2016
freshcvvs:

Their religion allows it so why are you killing yourself?

Is 18yrs too young to marry?

Mary was 12-14yrs old when she was courting Joseph of 80-90yrs old.
https://discover-the-truth.com/2013/09/30/marriage-of-mary-to-joseph-the-carpenter/amp/
Oh, and that makes it right, a*hole. If quoting someone who knows you not and can never agree to your pulchritude isn't killing you, what is
Why not go to the age where you need no electronic gadget since you so cherish the ways of then. You won't be selling CVs keh? An all-time Islamic scholar I know said 'the houris (virgins) promised Muslims is only descriptive of al-janah' use your head (if you wish).
Ciao

Edo Election: Oshiomhole Taunted After Loss (Photos) / Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force Vows To Launch Missiles & Bring Down Aircraft / Dino Melaye Built A Chapel In Honour Of Late Mother (Photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58