Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,261 members, 7,829,523 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Was Bokoharam Really A Creation By The North To Grab Power Back From The South? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Was Bokoharam Really A Creation By The North To Grab Power Back From The South? (2416 Views)

Restructuring: It Will Not Be Easy For The North To Give Up Its Advantages - NEF / Military Officers Warn Osinbajo- Beware, Aso Rock Cabal Wants To Grab Power / Stop Annual Celebration Of Anambra State Creation By Polycarp Onwubiko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Bokoharam Really A Creation By The North To Grab Power Back From The South? by progress69: 10:37pm On Oct 16, 2016
I have always read comments on the social media, and also heard several arguments in person that Boko Haram was a political tool to regain power from the South. This has left me pondering over so many issues.

1. Bokoharam have been in existence even before President Umoru Yar'adua became a president under PDP.

2. Bokoharam first manifested their violent tendencies under a Northern President brought to power by PDP. I am talking of president Yar'adua.

3. There was a quick clamp down on the sect, and the first leader Mohammed Yusuf was killed by security agencies extra judiciary.

4. The sect later resurfaced, and was allowed to grow from dane guns and petrol bombs attacking sect, to automatic, machine guns, tanks and anti aircraft guns wielding sect under the same PDP government of Jonathan.

Now my question is a Northern PDP President was in power when the sect started their violence, so how does saying Bokoharam was a creation by the North power brokers to regain Power from the South (Jonathan) make sense?

2. APC was never in existence all this years, and only came to existence just about two years before the general elections, so how come it is being peddled by some PDP loyalists on social media, and even the PDP itself as a political party that APC sponsors bokoharam.

If you clearly look at events of the past, it is actually safe to say bokoharam was a creation of power brokers in the PDP for whatever reasons.

Alhaji Lawal Kaita, a PDP cheiftain, and still a PDP member today, promised an ungovernable Nigeria when Jonathan came into power after which activities of the sects skyrocketed.
Please note that there have always been lies against the sitting President by PDP loyalists claiming President Buhari made this statement whereas it was a PDP cheiftain's promise.

2. The former NSA to Jonathan, late General Azazi (rtd.) Disclosed that BH was a creation of PDP, and later died in a mysterious helicopter crash shortly after the exposure.

Today, Bokoharam have been large decimated, and reduced to rag-tag militant groups by the new government in power and kudos have to be given to the President in power.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Bokoharam Really A Creation By The North To Grab Power Back From The South? by madridguy(m): 10:38pm On Oct 16, 2016
Nice one @ OP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was Bokoharam Really A Creation By The North To Grab Power Back From The South? by hungryboy(m): 10:57pm On Oct 16, 2016
Oga Op, Na so people like una dey take fail exam,
PDP created Boko Haram,
Yet it refused negotiating the release of Chibok girls with Goodluck?
And started releasing some of the girls when Apc got into power,
Bokoharam were destroying whole villages under PDP and frequently bombed motorparks and mosques,
but ever since Apc got into government,
Boko haram has toned down their bombing campaign,
Last we heard, Shekau was dethroned because he was calling for more attacks,
And El Barnawi was brought in to replace him because he was open to the option of releasing those girls.
Apc even get Boko Haram on speed dial
See as dem just give order, and Boko Haram start release some girls.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Bokoharam Really A Creation By The North To Grab Power Back From The South? by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:04pm On Oct 16, 2016
The Man who single handedly sponsored Bokoharam before the likes of Ndume used it to thier advantage too is the current PDP Chairman

I was in Biu, Borno state in 2009 to visit my coursemate serving there. I witnessed one of the first fracas between the Army and Bokoharam .
Re: Was Bokoharam Really A Creation By The North To Grab Power Back From The South? by progress69: 11:04pm On Oct 16, 2016
[s]
hungryboy:
Oga Op, Na so people like una dey tell fail exam,
PDP created Boko Haram,
Bokoharam were destroying whole villages under PDP and frequently bombed motorparks and mosques,
And El Barnawi was brought in to replace him because he was open to the option of releasing those girls.

[/s]

APC that came to existence 2 years before elections was sponsoring BH that have been in existence for over 13 years.
How smart, Professor. cheesy

Come make i give u food chop, make u fit reason well

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Bokoharam Really A Creation By The North To Grab Power Back From The South? by progress69: 11:10pm On Oct 16, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
The Man who single handedly sponsored Bokoharam before the likes of Ndume used it to thier advantage too is the current PDP Chairman

I was in Biu, Borno state in 2009 to visit my coursemate serving there. I witnessed one of the first fracas between the Army and Bokoharam .

Can't u see PDP can not tame him cos he has so many expose he can make cheesy
Re: Was Bokoharam Really A Creation By The North To Grab Power Back From The South? by Abeymills(m): 11:20pm On Oct 16, 2016
Bokoharam is created by bubuhari n apc an attack on bokoharam is an attack on the north

5 Likes

Re: Was Bokoharam Really A Creation By The North To Grab Power Back From The South? by progress69: 11:23pm On Oct 16, 2016
Abeymills:
Bokoharam is created by bubuhari n apc an attack on bokoharam is an attack on the north

An attack on Avengers is an attack on the South

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was Bokoharam Really A Creation By The North To Grab Power Back From The South? by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:27pm On Oct 16, 2016
progress69:

Can't u see PDP can not tame him cos he has so many expose he can make cheesy

PDP needs whatever means to send him away. I so dislike him
Re: Was Bokoharam Really A Creation By The North To Grab Power Back From The South? by FakoMaybach1: 11:54pm On Oct 16, 2016
There s an Indisputable fact, Boko haram was created by the North escalated by the north and exploited by the north
the reason why it was escalated is quite clear..when Boko haram was bombing churches and state buildings Northerners were satisfied
unfortunately the new leader (Shekarau) became power drunk, dumped his sponsors and changed the game
Northerners shielded, aided and were sympathetic to boko haram..they even gave boko haram sensitive military info..even a Northerner looted the money meant to fight boko haram,when ihejirika tried to end the group the North had him removed

The end game worked, but it was too late for napoleon to call back his 9 dogs

Note i am happy peace has returned, and i pray we win this war...Nigeria must prevail

8 Likes

Re: Was Bokoharam Really A Creation By The North To Grab Power Back From The South? by Sibrah: 11:55pm On Oct 16, 2016
hungryboy:
Oga Op, Na so people like una dey tell fail exam,
PDP created Boko Haram,

Which of the PDP factions?

1 Like

Re: Was Bokoharam Really A Creation By The North To Grab Power Back From The South? by progress69: 11:59pm On Oct 16, 2016
FakoMaybach1:
There s an Indisputable fact, Boko haram was created by the North escalated by the north and exploited by the north
the reason why it was escalated is quite clear..when Boko haram was bombing churches and state buildings Northerners were satisfied
unfortunately the new leader (Shekarau) became power drunk, dumped his sponsors and changed the game
Northerners shielded, aided and were sympathetic to boko haram..they even gave boko haram sensitive military info..even a Northerner looted the money meant to fight boko haram,when ihejirika tried to end the group the North had him removed

The end game worked, but it was too late for napoleon to call back his 9 dogs

Note i am happy peace has returned, and i pray we win this war...Nigeria must prevail

So we had a southern President being manipulated and played by the North with your assertions. So Mr President then was actually clueless and a Northern stooge. This is getting more interesting grin

In b/w why are u isolating North, and removing their polical party grin wink cheesy
Re: Was Bokoharam Really A Creation By The North To Grab Power Back From The South? by FakoMaybach1: 12:21am On Oct 17, 2016
progress69:

So we had a southern President being manipulated and played by the North with your assertions. So Mr President then was actually clueless and a Northern stooge. This is getting more interesting grin

In b/w why are u isolating North, and removing their polical party grin wink cheesy
The north does not care about party..they voted buhari when he was n CPC and they voted him in APC,,,even if BuharI was in PDP the north wud have still voted for him

Yes Jonathan was played by the north, same way aguiyi ironsI was played by the north, same way awolowo and tinubu were played by the north
So if Jonathan was a clueless stooge the that means awolowo and tinubu are clueless stooges too...your words not mine

THE NORTH NEVER FORGETS AND THE NORTH KNOWS NO OTHER KING EXCEPT A NORTHERNER (STARK)

2 Likes

Re: Was Bokoharam Really A Creation By The North To Grab Power Back From The South? by progress69: 12:38am On Oct 17, 2016
FakoMaybach1:

The north does not care about party..they voted buhari when he was n CPC and they voted him in APC,,,even if BuharI was in PDP the north wud have still voted for him

Yes Jonathan was played by the north, same way aguiyi ironsI was played by the north, same way awolowo and tinubu were played by the north
So if Jonathan was a clueless stooge the that means awolowo and tinubu are clueless stooges too...your words not mine

THE NORTH NEVER FORGETS AND THE NORTH KNOWS NO OTHER KING EXCEPT A NORTHERNER (STARK)

Hahahahaha. See consolation. cheesy.

And when Buhari contested against Yar'adua nko?

Who did the North vote for?
Re: Was Bokoharam Really A Creation By The North To Grab Power Back From The South? by CSTR2: 2:38am On Oct 17, 2016
progress69:

Hahahahaha. See consolation. cheesy.

And when Buhari contested against Yar'adua nko?

Who did the North vote for?
Yaradua won thanks to a PDP machinery and even agreed that the election was flawed.
Besides, he is also a Fulani man, so much less bigotry at play in the north.

1 Like

Re: Was Bokoharam Really A Creation By The North To Grab Power Back From The South? by NaijaFutbol: 10:53am On Nov 03, 2016
progress69:
I have always read comments on the social media, and also heard several arguments in person that Boko Haram was a political tool to regain power from the South. This has left me pondering over so many issues.

1. Bokoharam have been in existence even before President Umoru Yar'adua became a president under PDP.

2. Bokoharam first manifested their violent tendencies under a Northern President brought to power by PDP. I am talking of president Yar'adua.

3. There was a quick clamp down on the sect, and the first leader Mohammed Yusuf was killed by security agencies extra judiciary.

4. The sect later resurfaced, and was allowed to grow from dane guns and petrol bombs attacking sect, to automatic, machine guns, tanks and anti aircraft guns wielding sect under the same PDP government of Jonathan.

Now my question is a Northern PDP President was in power when the sect started their violence, so how does saying Bokoharam was a creation by the North power brokers to regain Power from the South (Jonathan) make sense?

2. APC was never in existence all this years, and only came to existence just about two years before the general elections, so how come it is being peddled by some PDP loyalists on social media, and even the PDP itself as a political party that APC sponsors bokoharam.

If you clearly look at events of the past, it is actually safe to say bokoharam was a creation of power brokers in the PDP for whatever reasons.

Alhaji Lawal Kaita, a PDP cheiftain, and still a PDP member today, promised an ungovernable Nigeria when Jonathan came into power after which activities of the sects skyrocketed.
Please note that there have always been lies against the sitting President by PDP loyalists claiming President Buhari made this statement whereas it was a PDP cheiftain's promise.

2. The former NSA to Jonathan, late General Azazi (rtd.) Disclosed that BH was a creation of PDP, and later died in a mysterious helicopter crash shortly after the exposure.

Today, Bokoharam have been large decimated, and reduced to rag-tag militant groups by the new government in power and kudos have to be given to the President in power.

Did Buhari say crackdown on Boko Haram is injustice to the North?

Did Boko Haram nominate Buhari to negotiate on their behalf? Did he agree to head negotiations as a concerned Northern elite for the safety of his people?

Did Buhari's government intensify attack on Boko Haram? Did we get new equipment and pay soldiers more to increase morale?

Did the government save Chibok girls through increased crack down or through negotiations? Why did Boko Haram repent? Why is Buhari negotiating after lives have been lost and Boko Haram decimated?

How many Northern elites criticized Boko Haram?

Is the government still being led by an infidel?

You can argue with your villagers on who created Boko Haram but the insurgency trived because Northern Elites were either sabotaging the then government or indifferent in the plight of their poor people. It served as a political tool but bloods spilled, lives were lost and Karma awaits them.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Bokoharam Really A Creation By The North To Grab Power Back From The South? by progress69: 11:52am On Nov 03, 2016
NaijaFutbol:

Did Buhari say crackdown on Boko Haram is injustice to the North?

Did Boko Haram nominate Buhari to negotiate on their behalf? Did he agree to head negotiations as a concerned Northern elite for the safety of his people?

Did Buhari's government intensify attack on Boko Haram? Did we get new equipment and pay soldiers more to increase morale?

Did the government save Chibok girls through increased crack down or through negotiations? Why did Boko Haram repent? Why is Buhari negotiating after lives have been lost and Boko Haram decimated?

How many Northern elites criticized Boko Haram?

Is the government still being led by an infidel?

You can argue with your villagers on who created Boko Haram but the insurgency trived because Northern Elites were either sabotaging the then government or indifferent in the plight of their poor people. It served as a political tool but bloods spilled, lives were lost and Karma awaits them.

Abeg keep quite. The same scenario that played in the issue with BH is already playing out also in the ND. The elders and clowns like u are shouting our peoole are being killed, bla bla and bla. Same way Northern Elders were shouting until the game turned around, same way they have started kidnapping even their own fir ransome in ND.
Also by your warped logic are u saying Wole Soyinka and the likes who were once nominated as negotiators as militants were also sponsors of militants in the ND?
Lastly i can sense u are not very smart, despite the victory against the Talibans by the US, we still see the US trying to negotiate with the talibans for peace.
Your guys were first blaming APC and Buhari for the BH saga niw u have switched tones to Northern Elites. Well let me burst ur bubbles, for all we care the same Northern elites belong to the se accursed political party u come online to defend day and night. What do we call this? I leave that to ur conscience.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Was Bokoharam Really A Creation By The North To Grab Power Back From The South? by Oxenomy: 11:58am On Nov 03, 2016
A fight against Boko Haram anti-North - Buhari
Re: Was Bokoharam Really A Creation By The North To Grab Power Back From The South? by NaijaFutbol: 10:21pm On Nov 03, 2016
progress69:

Abeg keep quite. The same scenario that played in the issue with BH is already playing out also in the ND. The elders and clowns like u are shouting our peoole are being killed, bla bla and bla. Same way Northern Elders were shouting until the game turned around, same way they have started kidnapping even their own fir ransome in ND.
Also by your warped logic are u saying Wole Soyinka and the likes who were once nominated as negotiators as militants were also sponsors of militants in the ND?
Lastly i can sense u are not very smart, despite the victory against the Talibans by the US, we still see the US trying to negotiate with the talibans for peace.
Your guys were first blaming APC and Buhari for the BH saga niw u have switched tones to Northern Elites. Well let me burst ur bubbles, for all we care the same Northern elites belong to the se accursed political party u come online to defend day and night. What do we call this? I leave that to ur conscience.

ND Elites are doing exact same thing with ND Avengers as Northern Elites did with Boko Haram.

I can see you are pained because you never expected people to ask these sort of questions. You neither provided answers nor probed with your own question. Nigerians are happy that peace is gradually returning and fewer people are losing their lives. A little too late but that is all that matters. Kamar awaits all those that watched while people die all because of politics.

Your first post looked like you wanted to reason hence my comment. This your post is filled with anger, hate and abuse.

1 Like

Re: Was Bokoharam Really A Creation By The North To Grab Power Back From The South? by progress69: 10:49pm On Nov 03, 2016
NaijaFutbol:

ND Elites are doing exact same thing with ND Avengers as Northern Elites did with Boko Haram.

I can see you are pained because you never expected people to ask these sort of questions. You neither provided answers nor probed with your own question. Nigerians are happy that peace is gradually returning and fewer people are losing their lives. A little too late but that is all that matters. Kamar awaits all those that watched while people die all because of politics.

Your first post looked like you wanted to reason hence my comment. This your post is filled with anger, hate and abuse.

Unfortunately, I don't argue with f00l$.
Shove whatever you feel or think you know about me deep down your sh1+ hole.

Hahaahaa. Singing a different tune? U made no point at all. cheesy. Repeating the same thing i said, so what point are u actually driving at? Your argument does not even makr sense, just contradictory poo. Learn to argue more reasonably next time. grin

2 Likes

Re: Was Bokoharam Really A Creation By The North To Grab Power Back From The South? by thedarksider: 10:51pm On Nov 03, 2016
in your or their strange islamophobic-pipe-dreams,,,yes..........

do you realy think,the hausas or fulanis have the time to organize boko-haram??

do you even know who they are??...

its better we stop insulting them,,,we insulted them enough since the times of queen amina....
Re: Was Bokoharam Really A Creation By The North To Grab Power Back From The South? by MrSly(m): 10:58pm On Nov 03, 2016
progress69:

Enjoy your salary while it lasts. Paid labourer.

1 Like

Re: Was Bokoharam Really A Creation By The North To Grab Power Back From The South? by progress69: 11:01pm On Nov 03, 2016
MrSly:

Before?

Ow e concern me if u be free labourer?

Oya shift!

2 Likes

Re: Was Bokoharam Really A Creation By The North To Grab Power Back From The South? by thedarksider: 11:05pm On Nov 03, 2016
MrSly:

boko haram are criminals....period............

its up to you to give them a special status as criminals.....

biafra will beat us in a war,because we can not beat criminals.....try and enjoy.......

keeping nigeria united,is a task that mussst be accomplised...................general gowon...........

try us.................................

boko declared war on us.... angry......we declare war right back!!!!....SAI!!!... angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Re: Was Bokoharam Really A Creation By The North To Grab Power Back From The South? by prince088: 9:22am On Nov 04, 2016
NaijaFutbol:

U don chop ban...hahahahahahaha

Person dey analyse with sense,u con begin dey yarn dust.
Re: Was Bokoharam Really A Creation By The North To Grab Power Back From The South? by MrDavidson: 9:34am On Nov 04, 2016
It's sheer foolishness to believe that there's any conspiracy between APC and bh. Of course, the people who funded bh were northerners, but they simply did because of their religious conviction or because they were threatened with bombing by bh.

People will always complain no matter how good you perform. When bh were bombing with reckless abandon when Buhari newly came on board, were there not many hues and cries and taunting against his promise to defeat them? And now that they're almost non-existent, the same people are saying they've been settled by APC. How daft!

2 Likes

Re: Was Bokoharam Really A Creation By The North To Grab Power Back From The South? by Adiola(f): 9:43am On Nov 04, 2016
progress69:
[s][/s]

APC that came to existence 2 years before elections was sponsoring BH that have been in existence for over 13 years.
How smart, Professor. cheesy

Come make i give u food chop, make u fit reason well
have you seen y u failed 3 times in jamb and waec you said north against south not PDP against APC meaning northerners whether in PDP or APC has hands in bokoharam don't be stupid in your own thread

1 Like

Re: Was Bokoharam Really A Creation By The North To Grab Power Back From The South? by sainttwist1(m): 10:11am On Nov 04, 2016
progress69:

Before?

Ow e concern me if u be free labourer?

Oya shift!
i know you are a northerner or APC's online agent,.......i dont care who created BH, but i know it achieve it aim, so be happy, no need for blah blah blah
Re: Was Bokoharam Really A Creation By The North To Grab Power Back From The South? by progress69: 10:31am On Nov 04, 2016
Adiola:
have you seen y u failed 3 times in jamb and waec you said north against south not PDP against APC meaning northerners whether in PDP or APC has hands in bokoharam don't be stupid in your own thread
What's wrong with this kid? Do u have comprehension problems?
Re: Was Bokoharam Really A Creation By The North To Grab Power Back From The South? by progress69: 10:33am On Nov 04, 2016
sainttwist1:
i know you are a northerner or APC's online agent,.......i dont care who created BH, but i know it achieve it aim, so be happy, no need for blah blah blah

Lool. Anyone that does not believe or ff ur useless online campaign is a Northerner. Sorry to burst ur bubbles. Go tru my posts, i am from Edo state grin. Auchi to be precise
Re: Was Bokoharam Really A Creation By The North To Grab Power Back From The South? by sainttwist1(m): 4:46pm On Nov 04, 2016
progress69:

Lool. Anyone that does not believe or ff ur useless online campaign is a Northerner. Sorry to burst ur bubbles. Go tru my posts, i am from Edo state grin. Auchi to be precise
ok, still saying the same thing, u just dont get it......northerners, apc online hero, political thugs etc. are all the same.......and do u check your post before accusing others of 'useless online campaign'
Re: Was Bokoharam Really A Creation By The North To Grab Power Back From The South? by Nobody: 5:30am On Nov 06, 2016
The op that created this tread did not create it to gather knowledge but to spew his lies infested brains out...

I dont like commenting on treads like these because i know where it will end, And saying things which are not even is an insult to Nigerians that dies every day at the battle field.
the only thing i have to say is that Boko haram is just a to0l used by many Northern politician to achieve their aim, its not a Pdp thing or Apc , its just that the Nigeria army has been fighting shadows for 4yrs now... chasing after Boko haram whereas all u need is to locate their sponsors and cut their tie with their recruits.....

Only Ihejirika did that and that was the problem he had that made them remove him...yes i believed Pdp created Boko haram because of the pain of loosing the presidency battle to the south. That only divided the Northern pdp from South, even in senate then it was like a war was going on between pdp member from North and south...

Today, BOko haram has gotten more weapon, more recruit , more allies.They are not puppet anymore, ISIS has joined hands,thats why flushing Boko haram might never be easy like this administration is claiming

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet The New Deputy Governor Of Edo State, Phillip Shaibu And Family (photos) / Nnamdi Kanu Should Forget About Biafra & Join Me To Re-build Nigeria - Osinbajo / Igbos Are The Engineers Of Their Own Misfortunes​

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.