Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,552 members, 7,823,437 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Bible Quiz Game - Forum Games (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Bible Quiz Game (26181 Views)

Brain Quiz!!! / Bible Quiz / Dis Quiz Made 2 Guyz Throw Serious Blows On Themselves.lmao (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible Quiz Game by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 10, 2007
pilgrim.1:

@OlowoTee,

Na wa! Lol. . . well, maybe one day I go show my face. grin

Can't wait to see ya face, lol.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by Genial(m): 11:11pm On Aug 10, 2007
Ndipe:

Pilgrim, it is indeed True, the Trinity was involved in the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. All along, I had erroneously believed that it was only the Father. So, few days ago I read the Biblical passage that you just quoted about the rightful claim made by Jesus Christ that He has the Power to take down His Life and Come back to Life again. Also, thanks for pointing out the Biblical verse that affirms the involvement of the Holy Spirit in the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Praise God in the Name of Jesus Christ!, Amen.

@Pilgrim, from reading some of your discourses on this board, you appear quite knowledgeable on Biblical verses. May God direct you in His Paths in the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

I think you obfuscate issues by referring to the Trinity, as if you were speaking of three different people. Why not keep it simple? God raised him from the dead.

OlowoTee:

Can't wait to see ya face, lol.

I don't know the answer to this one.

When did Moses get into the promised land?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by Ndipe(m): 11:21pm On Aug 10, 2007
Thanks for your correction@Genial, God resurrected Jesus Christ.

And for the answer to your question, Moses never entered the promised land.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by pilgrim1(f): 7:11am On Aug 11, 2007
Genial:

I think you obfuscate issues by referring to the Trinity, as if you were speaking of three different people. Why not keep it simple? God raised him from the dead.

Hi Genial,

The simple truth is that the Trinity was involved in the Resurrection - and that is not obfuscating issues at all. It is true that 'God raised Jesus from the dead', but what exactly does that mean? I don't see how we read our Bibles and then assume otherwise that the Trinity was NOT involved in the Resurrection, but just only that 'God' raised Jesus from the dead. . that would be telling half-truth.

- - - - - -

pilgrim.1:

He made this statement: ". . . _ _ _ _, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of _ _ _ _ _ _"

Questions:

Can you fill in the blanks?

Who made that statement?

On what occasion was the statement made?

1. '. . Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon. (Josh. 10:12)

2. Joshua did.

3. The occasion - 'when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel'.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by pilgrim1(f): 7:15am On Aug 11, 2007
What was Jesus' first miracle?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:52pm On Aug 13, 2007
pilgrim.1:

What was Jesus' first miracle?

When our Lord Jesus Christ turned water into wine.  John 2:1-11; Isaiah 65:8. wink

-----------

"holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost"  2Peter 1:21.  In what different occasions in the Holy Bible did Yahweh directly write down information with His own finger? wink
Re: Bible Quiz Game by pilgrim1(f): 7:40pm On Aug 13, 2007
OLAADEGBU:

When our Lord Jesus Christ turned water into wine. John 2:1-11; Isaiah 65:8. wink

That's ace! wink

-----------

OLAADEGBU:

"holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost" 2Peter 1:21. In what different occasions in the Holy Bible did Yahweh directly write down information with His own finger? wink

The 10 Commandments (aka the Decalogue)? Exo. 31:18 and 32:16.

. . . . . . . . . .

From what city did the Israelites depart the land of Egypt?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by Nobody: 10:28am On Aug 14, 2007
Please does anyone know where this Bible reference is?

Let the rich man glory not in his riches, nor the wise in his wisdom, but let him that glory, glory in this that he knows the Lord?. It's one of ma favorite passages, but can't locate it  wink

Thanks.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by pilgrim1(f): 11:02am On Aug 14, 2007
Could it be Jeremiah 9:23 -24?

"Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches: But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD." (KJV).

Cheers. smiley
Re: Bible Quiz Game by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 14, 2007
thanks a million. wink
Re: Bible Quiz Game by pilgrim1(f): 11:37am On Aug 14, 2007
Glad to be of help. Hugs. wink
Re: Bible Quiz Game by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 14, 2007
pilgrim.1:

Land of Goshen?

what are the names of the three eldest sons of Jesse that followed Saul to battle? And who was the youngest of them? grin
Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:33pm On Aug 14, 2007
pilgrim.1:

The 10 Commandments (aka the Decalogue)? Exo. 31:18 and 32:16.

Good job, I also thought God showed His caligraphy again in Dan. 5:5,25.  wink

OlowoTee:

what are the names of the three eldest sons of Jesse that followed Saul to battle? And who was the youngest of them? grin

Answer:

E-li'-ab, firstborn;

A-bin'-adab, secondborn;

Sham'-mah, thirdborn;

David was the youngest.  1Sam.17:13,14.

----------

How many of David's children can you name?  wink
Re: Bible Quiz Game by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 14, 2007
correct answers. I give you a pass mark. grin

OLAADEGBU:

How many of David's children can you name?  wink

Names of David's Children according to 1 Chronicles 3

1Now these were the sons of David, which were born unto him in Hebron; the firstborn Amnon, of Ahinoam the Jezreelitess; the second Daniel, of Abigail the Carmelitess:

2The third, Absalom the son of Maachah the daughter of Talmai king of Geshur: the fourth, Adonijah the son of Haggith:

3The fifth, Shephatiah of Abital: the sixth, Ithream by Eglah his wife.

4These six were born unto him in Hebron; and there he reigned seven years and six months: and in Jerusalem he reigned thirty and three years.

5And these were born unto him in Jerusalem; Shimea, and Shobab, and Nathan, and Solomon, four, of Bathshua the daughter of Ammiel:

6Ibhar also, and Elishama, and Eliphelet,

7And Nogah, and Nepheg, and Japhia,

8And Elishama, and Eliada, and Eliphelet, nine.

9These were all the sons of David, beside the sons of the concubines, and Tamar their sister.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by pilgrim1(f): 10:51pm On Aug 14, 2007
OlowoTee:

pilgrim.1 link=topic=34125.msg1388094#msg1388094 date=1187030400:

Land of Goshen?

You're right. wink

Although, this was what I had in mind: RAMESES

Num. 33:3 -- "And they departed from Rameses in the first month, on the fifteenth day of the first month; on the morrow after the passover the children of Israel went out with an high hand in the sight of all the Egyptians."

Goshen and Rameses were the same place (cf. Gen. 47:6 & 11).

- - - - -

OLAADEGBU:

Good job, I also thought God showed His caligraphy again in Dan. 5:5,25. wink

Wow! That one escaped me initially. I only saw that when I came to edit my reply to include it. Great. cheesy
Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:32pm On Aug 15, 2007
OlowoTee:

Names of David's Children according to 1 Chronicles 3

1Now these were the sons of David, which were born unto him in Hebron; the firstborn Amnon, of Ahinoam the Jezreelitess; the second Daniel, of Abigail the Carmelitess:

2The third, Absalom the son of Maachah the daughter of Talmai king of Geshur: the fourth, Adonijah the son of Haggith:

3The fifth, Shephatiah of Abital: the sixth, Ithream by Eglah his wife.

4These six were born unto him in Hebron; and there he reigned seven years and six months: and in Jerusalem he reigned thirty and three years.

5And these were born unto him in Jerusalem; Shimea, and Shobab, and Nathan, and Solomon, four, of Bathshua the daughter of Ammiel:

6Ibhar also, and Elishama, and Eliphelet,

7And Nogah, and Nepheg, and Japhia,

8And Elishama, and Eliada, and Eliphelet, nine.

9These were all the sons of David, beside the sons of the concubines, and Tamar their sister.

That was spot on, great job.

The bible study this week was a blessing and I am yet to recover. grin

-----------
Question:

6For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.  Isa.9:6

Give one other biblical reference where Yahweh is called The Mighty God. wink
Re: Bible Quiz Game by pilgrim1(f): 3:22am On Aug 16, 2007
OLAADEGBU:

Give one other biblical reference where Yahweh is called The Mighty God. wink

Lol. . . Dem plenty O! cheesy

If you meant to say 'one other biblical refence' within Isaiah itself, then here's one I remember:

Isa. 10:21 -- "The remnant shall return, even the remnant of Jacob, unto the mighty God."

But if you rather meant more than from Isaiah, then there are loads of them (I found about 5 others). Make I quote just two and leave the rest for others to have fun looking for them:

Jer. 32:18 - "Thou shewest lovingkindness unto thousands, and recompensest the iniquity of the fathers into the bosom of their children after them: the Great, the Mighty God, the LORD of hosts, is his name"

Psa. 50:1 - "The mighty God, even the LORD, hath spoken, and called the earth from the rising of the sun unto the going down thereof."
Re: Bible Quiz Game by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 16, 2007
OLAADEGBU:

The bible study this week was a blessing and I am yet to recover. grin

Could you pls summarize what the study was all about? I couldn't attend. i was down with malaria wink
Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:47pm On Aug 16, 2007
@pilgrim.1,

That was great, thanks a million.  I only knew about Jer.32:18 and I will appreciate it if you can post as many references that you can because 'am expecting some JW'S this weekend. grin

Thank you and God bless you more abundantly.  Amen.

-----------

What is the scriptural meaning of the word "AMEN"? Remember to give your references. cheesy
Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:57pm On Aug 16, 2007
@OlowoTee,

I am sorry to hear that you were "strong":  "by His stripes you were healed".  I believe that you are much stronger now by His grace.  As for the summary of this week's bible study I will try to do that in the "what I learnt in church today's" thread.  To enjoy the full details of the message I will advise you to log on to the church's website.  It was study 37:  Divine Guidance and Protection through prayer.  Matt.6:13

And by the way, a meek and quiet spirit in the sight of God is a great price.  wink
Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:00pm On Aug 18, 2007
OLAADEGBU:

What is the scriptural meaning of the word "AMEN"? Remember to give your references. cheesy

"And Benaiah the son of Jehoiada answered the king, and said, Amen: the LORD God of my lord the king say so too."  1 Kings 1:36

"Even the prophet Jeremiah said, Amen: the LORD do so: the LORD perform thy words which thou hast prophesied, to bring again the vessels of the LORD's house, and all that is carried away captive, from Babylon into this place."  Jer.28:6

In other words "so be it"

---------

Who was the first Christian convert in Europe? undecided
Re: Bible Quiz Game by pilgrim1(f): 1:57pm On Aug 20, 2007
OLAADEGBU:

@pilgrim.1,

That was great, thanks a million. I only knew about Jer.32:18 and I will appreciate it if you can post as many references that you can because 'am expecting some JW'S this weekend. grin

Oh my dear brother. . . I am deeply sorry to have failed you on that one as well. Please forgive me. My weekend was really tight, and I couldn't spare any minute to post anything.

I do hope you had good discussions with them. Would it help if I later this week offer a few more verses as you requested?

Thank you again for being a wonderful brother! wink
Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:50am On Aug 21, 2007
@Pilgrim,

I cannot thank you enough for the additional references you supplied about "the mighty God".  I was able to establish my case that Jesus Christ in Isaiah 9:6 had the same title as Yahweh in the references you provided.  I realised that their organisation had tried to do all they could to remove any word that alluded to the deity of Christ from their bibles.  By God's grace I was able to emphasis the attestation of the Father in Heb. 1:6,8; Thomas' proclamation in Jn.10:28; and Stephen's exclamation in Acts 7:59-60. 

Their claim that they were the only ones that calls God by His name "JEHOVAH" was countered by the fact that God has exalted his Word above His name , that "YAHWEH" was the more likely name that was given and I believe that those who do the will of the Father is what is demanded.  They asked me what name do I call God and I responded "our Father" as instructed by our Lord Jesus Christ.

Finally, I concluded that until we truely want to know and love the truth that Jesus will be manifested to us and only then would we be able to understand the scriptures. Jn. 14:21.  They then gave an excuse to leave and promised to come back in September. wink

I will still appreciate the  references on "the mighty God" or any other weapon so as to equip my arsenal.   grin

May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face to shine upon you.  Amen.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:16am On Aug 21, 2007
OLAADEGBU:

Who was the first Christian convert in Europe? undecided

Could it have been Lyd'-i-a of Thy-a-ti'-ra? Acts 16:14,15. which I believe is in modern Turkey.

---------

What song(s) did Moses write in the Scriptures?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 21, 2007
OLAADEGBU:

What song(s) did Moses write in the Scriptures?

Answer is from the book of Exodus Chapter 15: 1- 19

One of such songs is this: wink

"Who is like unto thee? Oh Lord, Among the gods? who is like thee, Glorious in Holiness, Fearful in praises, Doing wonders"
Verse 11
Re: Bible Quiz Game by luvbooks(f): 7:16pm On Aug 21, 2007
In what book of the bible is it said that God laughs?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 21, 2007
luvbooks:

In what book of the bible is it said that God laughs?

whaooh! The answer to this just escape through ma mind. Can't remember, cry

Ok, Give me some time to get through the bible, I'll check back, hope Pilgrim and Olaadegbu wouldn't have answered it then.
grin
lol.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by luvbooks(f): 9:11pm On Aug 21, 2007
Chances are nine out of ten that you won't get it. grin
Re: Bible Quiz Game by pilgrim1(f): 9:45pm On Aug 21, 2007
OLAADEGBU:

@Pilgrim,

I cannot thank you enough for the additional references you supplied about "the mighty God". I was able to establish my case that Jesus Christ in Isaiah 9:6 had the same title as Yahweh in the references you provided. I realised that their organisation had tried to do all they could to remove any word that alluded to the deity of Christ from their bibles. By God's grace I was able to emphasis the attestation of the Father in Heb. 1:6,8; Thomas' proclamation in Jn.10:28; and Stephen's exclamation in Acts 7:59-60.

Their claim that they were the only ones that calls God by His name "JEHOVAH" was countered by the fact that God has exalted his Word above His name , that "YAHWEH" was the more likely name that was given and I believe that those who do the will of the Father is what is demanded. They asked me what name do I call God and I responded "our Father" as instructed by our Lord Jesus Christ.

Finally, I concluded that until we truely want to know and love the truth that Jesus will be manifested to us and only then would we be able to understand the scriptures. Jn. 14:21. They then gave an excuse to leave and promised to come back in September. wink

I will still appreciate the references on "the mighty God" or any other weapon so as to equip my arsenal. grin

May the Lord bless you and keep you and make His face to shine upon you. Amen.

I'm so refreshed about that testimony. God bless you even more. I'll try and share more as time goes on. smiley

- - -

OlowoTee:

whaooh! The answer to this just escape through ma mind. Can't remember, cry

Ok, Give me some time to get through the bible, I'll check back, hope Pilgrim and Olaadegbu wouldn't have answered it then.
grin
lol.

Lol. . okay, I'll wait for your answer. smiley
Re: Bible Quiz Game by feelgood(m): 5:17pm On Aug 22, 2007
Luvbooks and pilgrim1,
It appears Olowotee has forgotten. God laughs - your answer is: the book of psalms (37:13; 59:cool
How about proverbs 1:26?
My question: apart from Jesus, which other people does the bible record as having fasted for 40days? Name them and the scriptural refs please
Re: Bible Quiz Game by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 22, 2007
feelgood:

Luvbooks and pilgrim1,
It appears Olowotee has forgotten. God laughs - your answer is: the book of psalms (37:13; 59:cool
My question: apart from Jesus, which other people does the bible record as having fasted for 40days? Name them and the scriptural refs please

Ma brother, I've been searching the scriptures to get the correct answer, but just couldn't trace ma way. I could remember only Psalm 2 vs 4? Pilgrimmmm/Luvbooks, am i correct?? wink  wink

Thanks for your response @feelgood, and I hope you get the answer too. Let's wait for the final result. Help! Help!! Help!!  grin
Re: Bible Quiz Game by Genial(m): 5:34pm On Aug 23, 2007
feelgood:

Luvbooks and pilgrim1,

Moses - on two occasions (Deut 9:7-18)
Elijah - on one occasion (1 kings 19:7)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Introduce Yourself With Something That Almost Killed You / Post Your First Ever Comment On Nairaland Here. / How Many Locks Are Open?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.