Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,384 members, 7,954,557 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:10 PM

Bible Quiz Game - Forum Games (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Bible Quiz Game (26792 Views)

Brain Quiz!!! / Bible Quiz / Dis Quiz Made 2 Guyz Throw Serious Blows On Themselves.lmao (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible Quiz Game by kellorah: 11:09pm On Sep 13, 2007
Lol, grin

Ok.
I've NEVER come across The Rechas in the bible! shocked
Re: Bible Quiz Game by feelgood(m): 11:21pm On Sep 13, 2007
spot on pilgrim1 - you've been missing for a long time.
I guess I shd apply the brakes for now so others can ask their questions. Be cool
Re: Bible Quiz Game by kellorah: 11:25pm On Sep 13, 2007
Who did Jesus raise from the dead? grin
Re: Bible Quiz Game by pilgrim1(f): 6:04am On Sep 14, 2007
@feelgood,

feelgood:

spot on pilgrim1 - you've been missing for a long time.

Lol. .  actually I was a little busy, came on and off, posted in other threads - because I wanted to let others have a try at your interesting questions. Keep it up, and many blessings. wink
Re: Bible Quiz Game by feelgood(m): 8:36am On Sep 14, 2007
widow of Nain's son - luke 7:11-15;
lazarus - john 11:38-44
Jairus' daughter - mark 5:22,23,35-43
Jesus also raised Himself from the dead, but I dont know if you had that in mind also
Re: Bible Quiz Game by feelgood(m): 8:36am On Sep 14, 2007
widow of Nain's son - luke 7:11-15;
lazarus - john 11:38-44
Jairus' daughter - mark 5:22,23,35-43
Jesus also raised Himself from the dead, but I dont know if you had that in mind also
Re: Bible Quiz Game by feelgood(m): 8:54am On Sep 14, 2007
Noted pilgrim1. Only thing is I find the threads in this board to be recycled as many of them have been exhaustively treated before.
If only people have the patience to go back to earlier posts, perhaps they would have found it unnecessary to repeat. I find the repetitions boring - but then you are doing great with your posts. You remind me of havila, goodguy et al who have practically disappeared.
Do have a great weekend m'lady
Re: Bible Quiz Game by feelgood(m): 8:54am On Sep 14, 2007
Noted pilgrim1. Only thing is I find the threads in this board to be recycled as many of them have been exhaustively treated before.
If only people have the patience to go back to earlier posts, perhaps they would have found it unnecessary to repeat. I find the repetitions boring - but then you are doing great with your posts. You remind me of havila, goodguy et al who have practically disappeared.
Do have a great weekend m'lady
Re: Bible Quiz Game by feelgood(m): 9:50am On Sep 14, 2007
1. Grew up with a silver spoon, but he preferred the drudgery of the downtrodden. Who was he?
2. To avoid the economic crisis in their country, this family migrated to another country - only to face worse calamities. Which family is this?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by atutupoyo(f): 10:06pm On Sep 15, 2007
no 2. Naomi's family "her sons, her daughter in-laws and herself".
Re: Bible Quiz Game by feelgood(m): 3:57pm On Sep 16, 2007
@atutupoyo
that's true but I would rather you said Elimelech's family. Ruth 1:1-5
Q1 nko? Moses
Re: Bible Quiz Game by Reverend(m): 7:15am On Sep 17, 2007
She was incredibly sexy and was hated by the apostles. Jesus used to give her one and she was his supposed lover?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by feelgood(m): 9:27am On Sep 17, 2007
No where in the bible that Jesus had a (supposed) lover
No where in the bible where the apostles hated an incredibly sexy woman-I sense mischief here
I do not know what you mean by 'Jesus gave her one'
Being a bible quiz thread, perhaps you may want to mention, dear reverend, what 'bible' you use. Except of course, you are an atheist wanting to ridicule christianity - in which case, you've made your point. Do have a pleasant week kind sir
Re: Bible Quiz Game by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 17, 2007
@Feelgood

Answer to your first question?

Moses Hebrew 11:23-28
Re: Bible Quiz Game by Ndipe(m): 11:23pm On Sep 17, 2007
"Reverend and his blasphemies again!.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by feelgood(m): 9:43am On Sep 19, 2007
She, together with her mother, raised her kid in a godly way. What's her name?
Q2 he was a rebel with a cause, yet Jesus made him one of His initial 12 disciples. Who is he?
Q3 Whom did Jesus call that became the 12th apostle after Judas' death?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:30pm On Sep 19, 2007
feelgood:

She, together with her mother, raised her kid in a godly way. What's her name?
Q2 he was a rebel with a cause, yet Jesus made him one of His initial 12 disciples. Who is he?
Q3 Whom did Jesus call that became the 12th apostle after Judas' death?

I congratulate the brethren and lovers of the holy scriptures for continuing this thread and making it interesting and educative, may we continue to grow in the grace or our Lord Jesus Christ and His Truth.  Amen.

My attempt at the above questions:

Q1.  Eu'nice 2Tim. 1:5
Q2. Judas
Q3. Matthias Acts. 1:26

----------

Enoch being the oldest person still living yet to die and his son Methuselah the oldest person that ever lived before he died.  Enoch also being the first prophet of God:
Q1. What was the prophecy of Enoch?
Q2. What were the similiarities between Enoch and Elijah in their experiences?
Q3. When and how will these two prophets die?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by atutupoyo(f): 12:27am On Sep 20, 2007
Q1, the Lord would cometh with ten thousands of his saints to execute judgment upon all and to convince all that are ungodly among them of their ungodly deeds.

Q2, Both were taken to heaven bodily without dying, both were prophets of judgment.

Q3, They will die during the great triulation after the first three and half years and would be killed by the antichrist.(Rev 11:7).

I thought the two men were going to be Moses and Elijah,I just found out now.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:55am On Sep 20, 2007
atutupoyo:

Q1, the Lord would cometh with ten thousands of his saints to execute judgment upon all and to convince all that are ungodly among them of their ungodly deeds.
Q2, Both were taken to heaven bodily without dying, both were prophets of judgment.
Q3, They will die during the great triulation after the first three and half years and would be killed by the antichrist.(Rev 11:7).
I thought the two men were going to be Moses and Elijah,I just found out now.

Bravo! Good attempt, I'll give you 65%  cheesy

In addition to your answers I will include the following contributions;

Q1.  Enoch foretold of the first and the second judgment of God upon the earth.  He did not walk with God until the birth of Methuselah when he received a revelation from God thus he named him "when he is dead it (Noah's flood) shall come" and he also prophesied about the second coming of Christ to destroy the ungodly  Gen.5:21-24; Jude 1:14-15.

Q2.  Enoch and Elijah fought against idolatry and apostasy;  They also knew the time and purpose of their rapture 2Kgs.2; Heb.11:5.

Q.3  Their death will occurr during the time of the great tribulation otherwise called 'Jacob's trouble'.  Rev.11:7-10

----------

9For three and a half days men from the races and tribes and languages and nations will gaze at their dead bodies and will not allow them to be put in a tomb.

10And those who dwell on the earth will gloat and exult over them and rejoice exceedingly, taking their ease and sending presents [in congratulation] to one another, because these two
prophets had been such a vexation and trouble and torment to all the dwellers on the earth.      

Rev.11:9-10

Kweshun:

How will the people from different nations be able to gaze at the dead bodies of Enoch and Elijah for three and a half days simultaneously.?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by cgift(m): 7:42am On Sep 20, 2007
OLAADEGBU:

Kweshun:

How will the people from different nations be able to gaze at the dead bodies of Enoch and Elijah for three and a half days simultaneously.?

These too never died ke! They please God so much that they were taken away ni. Abi how do you mean by thir dead bodies gan paapaa?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by ricadelide(m): 7:52am On Sep 20, 2007
@OLA,
nice questions!!
just curious; what makes you think that those witnesses are Enoch and Elijah
Methinks verse 6 gives a clue;
#[/b]shut up the sky so it does not rain - Elijah
[b]#[/b]turn waters into blood and strike plagues - Moses
Moreover it was [b]Moses
and Elijah who appeared with the Lord on the mount
However i believe there's a deeper meaning to that verse (apart from the surface one) - Moses signifying the Law, and Elijah, the Prophets. just my thought.

as per your kweshun,
since the bible didn't say all men from every nation tribe etc. but just men from - it's safe to say they came to where they were. If their location is jerusalem (verse 8 ) then that is very plausible - people from all over always go there on pilgrimage. Cheers.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by Ndipe(m): 8:13am On Sep 20, 2007
Has the Holy Bible revealed the identity of these Two Witnesses? If not, why do some of us assume that Elijah and Moses or Enoch are the two witnesses?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by ricadelide(m): 8:20am On Sep 20, 2007
Lol . . . . the bible hasn't (it's a finished document smiley); we're just trying our own based on the clues contained - am not sure, but i think the miracles mentioned in verse 6 are unique to certain people. But then again, we could be wrong - i personally still don't fully understand a lot of things in that final book. Cheers grin.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:45am On Sep 20, 2007
cgift:

These too never died ke! They please God so much that they were taken away ni. Abi how do you mean by thir dead bodies gan paapaa?

grin grin grin  You reminded me of one comedian by the name Jegede sokoya of the famed 'Masquerade'.  I was referring to the fact that both Enoch and Elijah never tasted death and that they were physically translated to heaven.  They would remain there until they come back to earth as the two witnessess in Rev.11:7-10  to complete their earthly lives and die.

ricadelide:

@OLA,
nice questions!!
just curious; what makes you think that those witnesses are Enoch and Elijah
Methinks verse 6 gives a clue;
#[/b]shut up the sky so it does not rain - Elijah
[b]#[/b]turn waters into blood and strike plagues - Moses
Moreover it was [b]Moses
and Elijah who appeared with the Lord on the mount
However i believe there's a deeper meaning to that verse (apart from the surface one) - Moses signifying the Law, and Elijah, the Prophets. just my thought.

I am open to corrections here. I know that many bible commentators attribute the 2 witnessess to Moses and Elijah but the reason why I believe it should be Enoch and Elijah are for the following reasons:  Heb.9:27 says "as is appointed unto  men once to die".  This to me means that since Enoch and Elijah are still in their natural bodies in heaven they will have to come back and complete their earthly lives and die physically.  This excludes Moses or any other man who has already died as one of the witnessess.  In Rev.11:3 it reads that they will be given power in the future when they come to earth.  This does not require them to be men who has already exercised this power.  They were in heaven when Zechariah prophesied, about 500 years before Christ's incarnation.  Zech.4:11-14.  The fact that the 2 witnessess died and remained dead for three and a half days proves that they have never died prior to this time since resurrected, immortal men cannot die again. 

As to the Mt. of transfiguration where Jesus met with Moses and Elijah while Peter, James and John were the eyewitnessess.  To me this depicts the changing of the baton from the law and the prophets whom Moses and Elijah represented respectively, to Jesus Christ who brought grace and truth in the New covenant.  Jesus promised to send the Holy Spirit, the Comforter to teach His disciples all things that they have witnessed and that will be revealed.  This has little or nothing to do with 2 witnessess in the future.

ricadelide:

as per your kweshun,
since the bible didn't say all men from every nation tribe etc. but just men from - it's safe to say they came to where they were. If their location is jerusalem (verse 8 ) then that is very plausible - people from all over always go there on pilgrimage. Cheers.

Your guess is as good as mine, cheesy  Verse 10 says "those who dwell on the earth" Thus Methinks that this event will be beamed live by networks such as CNN, BBC, ABC, FOX News, Sky News and other mechetra-mechetra Satellite Networks nde wink
Re: Bible Quiz Game by Ndipe(m): 10:10am On Sep 20, 2007
This is one of the reasons why I have advised folks not to dwell on the identity of the two witnesses, but then again, I hope this will help dispel the belief that these two folks are in heaven. This might be very long but I will try to shorten it. Jesus Christ said that No man has ever ascended into Heaven, and His Words are True!. Now, Elijah and Moses lived prior to the earthly life of Jesus Christ, and while the Holy Bible talks of Elijah and the chariots, the truth is that he did not go to the Heavenly Throne where God dwells. If he did, then that would be contradicting the Statement of Jesus Christ. Now, if I am not mistaken, there are three levels in Heaven, the Third being the real Heavens. (Like I said, I am not that knowledgeable in Biblical studies, so may God forgive me if I am wrong). Even Paul speaks of the Third Heaven in the New Testament.

So that said, please lets have this belief that prior to birth and death of Jesus Christ, nobody ever ascended into Heaven. It may have been that Enoch and the rest of them all went to Abraham's bosom, including Elijah. Moreso, how can one explain a letter, purported to be written by Elijah to one of the leaders in the Old Testament after he left the earth?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:31pm On Sep 20, 2007
@Ndipe,

I appreciate your interest in this topic and believe that we are all learning by the day.  The last time I checked John 3:13 I realised that the Apostle John was writing as he was moved by the Holy Spirit and that Jesus was already in heaven at the time of writing.  Jesus' conversation with Nicodemus had ended in verse 12.  That notwithstanding, the greek word anabaino, translated as 'ascended' means to go up of own power, not as Enoch Gen.5:24; Heb.11:5; or as Elijah 2Kg.2:11; or Paul 2Cor.12:1-3; or John Rev.4:1 who were taken up by the power of the Holy Spirit.  But Christ had ascended and came back before His final ascension to heaven to stay.  John 20:17.  The last line in John 3:13 is the evidence that Jesus Christ was already in heaven at the time of this writing.  See Acts 1:11; Lk.24:51; Eph. 4:8-10

Other examples that I can give are those that Jesus raised from the dead such as Jairus' daughter and Lazarus who were not resurrected by their own power but by the Power of  the resurrection and the life in Jesus Christ.  Jesus had the Power to raise His own temple after three days.  So that does not negate the fact that Enoch and Elijah ascended into heaven because they were raptured by the Power of the Almighty God.  No one has the power to raise himself from the dead nor ascend into heaven by his or her own power.  I once heard the story of an occultic man by the name de lawrence who attempted to resurrect himself by evil powers but was struck dead by lightenings. shocked

I also believe that at the time of Jesus descending into the lower parts of the earth He liberated all those who were at Abaham's bossom in a place called 'Paradise' and translated them to heaven at His resurrection and ascension.  I also think (I am not sure) that the reason Moses' body  was fought over by Angel Michael and the devil was because his body was being transported to heaven instead of Paradise (Abraham's bossom) I may be wrong on this.  undecided
Re: Bible Quiz Game by feelgood(m): 2:39pm On Sep 20, 2007
Interesting posts - but @ Oladeegbu, let me quickly comment on ur answers to mine
Q1 you are correct
Q2 I had Simon the canaannite aka Simon the zealot in mind - matt 10:4
Q3 Had Paul in mind. Acts 9:1-9. Matthias was chosen by lots cast while PAUL WAS DIRECTLY CALLED BY JESUS JUST AS THE INITIAL 12 APOSTLES
Now back to the quiz. Though a lot of commentators say Enoch & Elijah are the 2 witnesses,the bible doesnt mention their names.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by feelgood(m): 2:46pm On Sep 20, 2007
I pray none of us will be around at the tribulation in order to find out the identities of the 2 witnesses.
Pls let the quiz continue. God bless you all
Re: Bible Quiz Game by rubie(f): 3:02pm On Sep 20, 2007
He was a king but because of pride, he was reduced to the post of an animal, ate grass, and 7 times had to pass over him.

Who was this king?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by samueline(f): 3:05pm On Sep 20, 2007
Nebuchadnezzar
Re: Bible Quiz Game by samueline(f): 3:07pm On Sep 20, 2007
Moses parents are,
Re: Bible Quiz Game by rubie(f): 3:17pm On Sep 20, 2007
Jesse and I think Keturah.

"You come to me with a sling and stones, do I look like a dog?"
Who asked the question?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply)

Introduce Yourself With Something That Almost Killed You / Post Your First Ever Comment On Nairaland Here. / Who Killed The Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.