Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,228 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Bible Quiz Game - Forum Games (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Bible Quiz Game (26168 Views)

Brain Quiz!!! / Bible Quiz / Dis Quiz Made 2 Guyz Throw Serious Blows On Themselves.lmao (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible Quiz Game by pilgrim1(f): 8:24pm On Aug 23, 2007
Wow!!

I'm so blessed anytime I visit this thread. Guys, you've all done well - and many blessings.

In addition to those cited already about "the Lord laughs/ God laughs" let me quote another:

Prov. 1:26 -- "I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh" (may that never be anybody's portion in Jesus Name!)
Re: Bible Quiz Game by luvbooks(f): 8:39pm On Aug 23, 2007
Thanks, pilgrim, but the one I was thinking of was Psalm 2;vs 4.Oh,well, we're both right anyway! grin grin
My next question is, of whom was it said "the scepter shall not depart from thee", and when?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by pilgrim1(f): 9:01pm On Aug 23, 2007
luvbooks:

Thanks, pilgrim, but the one I was thinking of was Psalm 2;vs 4.Oh,well, we're both right anyway! grin grin

I feel you - accurate! cheesy

luvbooks:

My next question is, of whom was it said "the scepter shall not depart from thee", and when?

Would that be Judah?

Gen. 49:10 - - "The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be."

When? That must have been when Jacob gathered his sons together that he might give them prophecies for their latter days (Gen. 49:1).
Re: Bible Quiz Game by pilgrim1(f): 9:03pm On Aug 23, 2007
Here's a verse::

Psalm 60:7 -- "Gilead is mine, and Manasseh is mine; Ephraim also is the strength of mine head; Judah is my lawgiver"

Question:

Still in the book of the Psalms, what chapter and verse would you find the same words as above?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 24, 2007
pilgrim.1:

Psalm 60:7 -- "Gilead is mine, and Manasseh is mine; Ephraim also is the strength of mine head; Judah is my lawgiver"

Question:

Still in the book of the Psalms, what chapter and verse would you find the same words as above?

Answer!

Psalm 108:8

"Gilead is mine; Manasseh is mine; Ephraim also is the strength of mine head; Judah is my lawgiver;"
Re: Bible Quiz Game by Reverend(m): 12:04pm On Aug 24, 2007
Who is the sexiest character in the bible

Clue is she got it on with Jesus!
Re: Bible Quiz Game by cgift(m): 2:31pm On Aug 24, 2007
Reverend:

Who is the sexiest character in the bible

Clue is she got it on with Jesus!

We should ask you because you are Kinky (used of sexual behaviour) showing or appealing to [b]bizarre [/b]or [b]deviant [/b]tastes! Jesus Christ is Lord!
Re: Bible Quiz Game by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 24, 2007
@cgift

Beware of hijackers, I guess the guy wants us to deviate from our focal point. Just let him be, Cos, we're giving him our "No Attention Please grin  grin"

@Reverend, I beg you in the name of Christ, Do have a rethink about your belief, God isn't fake, He's real for real. I speak this way because i've experienced Him and I'm a strong believer of His existence. You're loved. wink

My Question wink.

Which verse of the scripture is the longest.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by pilgrim1(f): 1:09pm On Aug 27, 2007
OlowoTee:

Which verse of the scripture is the longest.

Perhaps that is Esther 8:9 (which has 78 words in the KJV of the Bible)? smiley

- - - - -- - - - -

Question:

If Psalm 119 is the longest chapter in the entire Bible, which is the longest chapter in the New Testament alone?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by ricadelide(m): 2:38pm On Aug 27, 2007
pilgrim.1:

If Psalm 119 is the longest chapter in the entire Bible, which is the longest chapter in the New Testament alone?

Luke 1?

Which is the longest verse in the new testament?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by pilgrim1(f): 3:25pm On Aug 27, 2007
A-ha! cheesy Oga ricadelide. . . where have you been O?!? You just left us children to tease each other before coming in with your diginified eldership! I salute O!

Yep, Luke 1 is it! smiley

ricadelide:

Which is the longest verse in the new testament?

Hmm. . would that be Revelation 20:4?

Question:

Which King had the shortest reign in Israel?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by ricadelide(m): 3:38pm On Aug 28, 2007
Oga ke?! I be pikin o cheesy
Actually even without my having a break, the way you handled the debates there was hardly any "space" left, lol. It was easy to sit on the sidelines and cheer on. Keep it up!

pilgrim.1:

Hmm. . would that be Revelation 20:4?
Spot on!

pilgrim.1:

Which King had the shortest reign in Israel?
Zimri, the seven-day ruler?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by pilgrim1(f): 11:24am On Aug 29, 2007
ricadelide:

Oga ke?! I be pikin o cheesy
Actually even without my having a break, the way you handled the debates there was hardly any "space" left, lol. It was easy to sit on the sidelines and cheer on. Keep it up!

Lol. . . and all the while I was "fasting and praying" that 'senior' racadelide would show sooner than later! Anyway, thanks for the encouragement. grin

ricadelide:

Zimri, the seven-day ruler?

On target! wink

- - -

Question:

How many wise men from the east went to seek Jesus in Jerusalem at His birth?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by luvbooks(f): 7:47pm On Aug 29, 2007
I guess the best way to answer your question is by singing;
"We THREE kings of Orient are,
bearing gifts we traverse afar, " grin grin grin grin grin grin
My question is, what sin did Israel's first four generations commit?Abraham included.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by Ndipe(m): 1:46am On Aug 30, 2007
Three Kings of the Orient is actually a legend that is probably linked to the number of gifts that Jesus Christ received from them. I dont think it is written in The Holy Bible the number of wise men who came to visit Him during His Childhood.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:45pm On Aug 30, 2007
@OlowoTee,

What song(s) did Moses write in the Scriptures?

Your answer to the question above was correct, thanks for bringing that to my attention.  But what I had in mind was the 90th Psalm.  I also appreciate the summary of last week's bible study that you shared as I had missed that due to  the call of duty.  Thank you and God richly bless you.  Amen.

@all,

I am glad that you have kept this thread active and interesting as I have been following it while I was away.  Remain blessed and highly favoured.

---------

What king(s) reigned over the united kingdom of Israel?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 30, 2007
OLAADEGBU:

@OlowoTee,

What song(s) did Moses write in the Scriptures?

Your answer to the question above was correct, thanks for bringing that to my attention. But what I had in mind was the 90th Psalm. I also appreciate the summary of last week's bible study that you shared as I had missed that due to the call of duty. Thank you and God richly bless you. Amen.

it's ma pleasure, quite an age really! .

God bless you too.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:45pm On Sep 02, 2007
OLAADEGBU:

What king(s) reigned over the united kingdom of Israel?

Kings Saul, David and Solomon reigned over Israel before it divided into the northern and southern regions. The only time that Israel was united was from the reign of Saul to the reign of Solomon.

------------

Who was the first prophet in the history of the Bible here on earth?  who heard from God and prophesied to mankind.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by feelgood(m): 8:38am On Sep 03, 2007
Enoch
Q. The wise men who came to visit baby Jesus, where did they see Him- at the animal shed where He was born?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:20pm On Sep 03, 2007
OLAADEGBU:

Who was the first prophet in the history of the Bible here on earth?  who heard from God and prophesied to mankind.
feelgood:

Enoch
Q. The wise men who came to visit baby Jesus, where did they see Him- at the animal shed where He was born?

Spot on, excellent.  Jude 14-15

Answer to your question:

Not in the stable at Bethlehem where Jesus Christ was born but in " the house" (Matthew 2:11) at Nazareth where He had lived since being presented to the Lord 41 days after His birth (Luke 2:7,21-39).  He was about two years old by now.

--------

Who is the oldest man who ever lived since Adam? wink
Re: Bible Quiz Game by cgift(m): 10:06pm On Sep 03, 2007
Kuns (Be-lie-ve me not. Check it out yourself. grin
Re: Bible Quiz Game by chiogo(f): 12:08am On Sep 04, 2007
Hey, u guys. i just saw this. Lemme try.

Where is the shortest verse in the bible (book, chapter, verse and quote pls)
Re: Bible Quiz Game by jayvin01: 12:31am On Sep 04, 2007
grin John 11:35) Jesus wept grin grin grin

Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:00am On Sep 04, 2007
OLAADEGBU:

Who is the oldest man who ever lived since Adam? wink

@ALL,

Thanks for your interest in the bible quiz, can we at least give the question above our best shot before asking our questions? 

Thanks once again for making this subject very educative and interesting. smiley
Re: Bible Quiz Game by Genial(m): 11:06am On Sep 04, 2007
You're probably thinking of Methuselah - 969 years.

But I have other ideas. It's between Enoch and Elijah. They never died and, strictly speaking therefore, are still alive.

Of course, Jesus was before Adam, so he wouldn't fall into that category of men since Adam.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by cgift(m): 12:15pm On Sep 04, 2007
Where did Moses prophecy the coming of Jesus?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:03pm On Sep 04, 2007
[/quote]
Genial:

But I have other ideas. It's between Enoch and Elijah. They never died and, strictly speaking therefore, are still alive.

That was a good shot, I'll give you 50%  The answer has to be[b] Enoch[/b] since he was before Elijah wink and they are both living today because they were taken to heaven bodily without dying, and are now in heaven with their natural bodies.  Could they be the two witnessess identified in Revelation chapter 11? undecided

------------

[quote author=cgift link=topic=34125.msg1461923#msg1461923 date=1188904539]
Where did Moses prophecy the coming of Jesus?

Deut. 18:15-19

-----------

Who was Moses' second wife?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 04, 2007
@OLAADEGBU

Don't you think the answer to Moses song is found in Exodus 15 while Psalm 90 records the Prayer of Moses undecided cheesy. Just an observation

[quote][/quote]

I don't know, or could it be Zipporah. Exodus 18:2? Not quite sure
Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:24pm On Sep 04, 2007
OlowoTee:

@OLAADEGBU

Don't you think the answer to Moses song is found in Exodus 15 while Psalm 90 records the Prayer of Moses undecided cheesy. Just an observation

Hi OlowoTee, the last time of checking the Chambers dictionary it defined psalm as " a devotional song or hymn especially one from the old testament book of Psalms".

In Ephesians 5:19 Paul writes "Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord."

Psalms are prayers written in poetry and sang with instruments as David did.  In other words Moses composed Psalm 90 as well as the song that Mariam sang in Exodus 15.  Do you remember in addition to the one you mentioned Ex 15:1 Then sang Moses and the children of Israel this song unto the LORD, and spake, saying, "I will sing unto the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously: the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea".

OLAADEGBU:

The answer to this is the Ethiopian wife wink

Numbers 12
1NOW MIRIAM and Aaron talked against Moses [their brother] because of his Cushite wife, for he had married a Cushite woman.

Footnotes:

Numbers 12:1 Zipporah, Moses' wife, seems to have died some time before. Marriage with a Canaanite was forbidden, but not with an Egyptian or Cushite. Joseph's wife was an Egyptian (Gen. 41:45).

-----------

Kweshun:

Which one out of the Ten Commandments is a ceremonial law? wink
Re: Bible Quiz Game by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 04, 2007
Ok! I now understand and thanks for that explanation. cheesy

Ceremonial Law? Could it be the law on Sabbath. Exodus 20:1-17
Re: Bible Quiz Game by feelgood(m): 7:17pm On Sep 04, 2007
If 419 is a situation whereby someone, after earning your trust, turns around to defraud and go against you;
Q: where did the bible talk abt 419 (give refs pls) and who was it referring to?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by pilgrim1(f): 10:10pm On Sep 04, 2007
Not interrupting the flow. . . but make una permit me to tease my good friend small. . . grin

OLAADEGBU:

That was a good shot, I'll give you 50% The answer has to be[b] Enoch[/b] since he was before Elijah wink and they are both living today because they were taken to heaven bodily without dying, and are now in heaven with their natural bodies.

Well, maybe we have someone else who might clinch the medal there: MELCHIZEDEK! grin

"Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually." - - (Heb. 7:3)

At least we know say Enoch (Gen. 5:18) and Elijah (1 Kings 17:1) had descent. . . hehe. But Melchi-baba. . . he senior those two by far! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Introduce Yourself With Something That Almost Killed You / Post Your First Ever Comment On Nairaland Here. / How Many Locks Are Open?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.