Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,422 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David (63364 Views)

Insecurity Protest: Adeboye Leads RCCG Members On CAN Prayer Walk Today / RCCG Members Kneel & Bow To Pastor Adeboye's Chair (Video) / FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 19, 2016
Omoluabi16:
lol. . .very funny. Of course I'll serve them. But those stuffs are based on discretion, it shouldn't be so highlighted. Who would go as far as altering a test? guess you have a point.
Chai!, like you don't know we have desperate individuals.
Some even lie to pastors on counselling just to tie the knots.
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by onyxo76(m): 10:57am On Oct 19, 2016
kinibigdeal:
Deeper life and Mountain of Fire is stricter than this
thank you jare this list is nothing compared to some sects my cousin got married last weekend in one church like that and it was forbidden to take pics except by an invited photographer, no be joke o, you don't enter the church with phone or camera.. .one agape something church like that
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by musa7m(m): 10:58am On Oct 19, 2016
I no see anything worry here
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by Goke7: 10:59am On Oct 19, 2016
herbie27:
God bless you.
Some churches ignore a lot, those of them complaining of these rules should go and check out that of deeper life.

I heard of a guy who after the wedding moved the wife to his elder brother's house...two dumb fellow. grin

odikpa serious, na two husbands the woman don wed be that o grin

These are the reasons for rules such as this. marriage is for matured men and women and not for boys and girls

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by praxs(m): 10:59am On Oct 19, 2016
bigiyaro:
am not getting any info from any where, i shuttle between jos, gombe, numan, yola and maidugiri
And am from adamawa state, michika LGA preciesly. So am in betterposition to tell you the state ofthings in the NE
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by Wilson125(m): 11:00am On Oct 19, 2016
Heheheh.... unam ke ikot ye nwah ke idem... kuwoid owo ooo.. hehehe
firstking01:
Keep wallowing in ignorance and be forcing any minor you see on the street into marriage and rape in most cases....you 've seen the christian proceedures and conditions for marriage above....if you look at it critically you'd observe that we have decent courtesies to follow and people are giving out for marriage when they are of age and not to force a 12 year old girl into what she doesn't even know, asif that's not enough if she refuses you sex you'd still force and rape her...you guys should be ashamed....unam.
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by MadCow1: 11:00am On Oct 19, 2016
firstking01:
Close your mouth and stop spewing garbishundecided…from this your self deluded analyses about the bible it shows you don't know sh!t about the bibleundecided...ask questions and learn so you may grow therebyundecided

So you felt the need to be disrespectful to me for what reason? grin grin grin grin

Did I insult you in my post at any point? Or do you just feel being disrespectful will make you appear like a Man. grin

I'm sorry for quoting you, kindly continue on your way..

#ClearlyNotWorthTheEffort..
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by Monk92(m): 11:01am On Oct 19, 2016
The church is a joke
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 19, 2016
uzolexis:

It is not the same for all true believing churches like you say.

4. Why does the church want to see the dowry and bride price list
18. why can't i throw a night party prior to my wedding
10. why does the the church want to modify my reception program?
7. Why can't I have a tail on my wedding gown?
14. Why can't my husband wear a waist coat if he likes
Madam is not by force. grin
If you don't like the church rules, kindly go to another you will be wedded even with a pregnancy.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by Roon9(m): 11:02am On Oct 19, 2016
ojuolu:

So tail and waist coat are forbidden on God's altar? Just asking ni o...

No no not at all! But because of the recent wave of wives abusing the privilege of wearing boobs revealing outfits and stuffs, hence the need to set a standard. Get the drift?

1 Like

Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by Goke7: 11:03am On Oct 19, 2016
fernandoc:
[b]Na traditional marriage sure pass. [/b]To marry no come easy these days o. Thank God I'm not the one who will wait for someone to come and marry me.

have you seen the requirements for some traditional marriages? The list they will give you can make you run to IMF or world bank.

No be by force to marry o. Its one for the biggest responsibilities on earth and you have to be ready or remain single or become a rev father or sister
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 19, 2016
It's rubbish because there is no freedom. Beside, it's not the church's wedding after all, it's the couple's wedding undecided
herbie27:
Every church has its do's and don'ts when it comes to joining couples.

Don't get the rubbish on that list.
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 19, 2016
Goke7:

odikpa serious, na two husbands the woman don wed be that o grin

These are the reasons for rules such as this. Marriage is for matured men and women and not for boys and girls.
You said it all there. grin
The funniest part of it is the church is not even forcing you if you can't adhere to the rules, most christians didn't have their weddings in their churches for reasons they know best.
In my church if you're pregnant forget about wedding.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by Sammyblaq(m): 11:08am On Oct 19, 2016
To uphold which standard?.
I swear those points there won't help anything cha cha cha.
No.14 about waistcoat and No.18 about Night parties. Hmmmmm...

Na 4 them sha. After wedding party dey game o.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 19, 2016
ItsQuinn:
It's rubbish because there is no freedom. Beside, it's not the church's wedding after all, it's the couple's wedding undecided
You don't get it.
They're only following the instructions on the bible.
You're not suppose to defile the bed before your wedding day...so the need for pregnancy test.

You're not suppose to dress indecently to the alter...the need for the kind of gown you should wear.

They don't want you bringing sicklers to the world...so the need for Genotype and other tests including HIV.

It's the house of God and is kept sacred ma'.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by BRAV0O(m): 11:15am On Oct 19, 2016
herbie27:
What's wrong with the list?...everything there is on point.
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by uzolexis(f): 11:18am On Oct 19, 2016
firstking01:
And why would you throw a night party huhundecided…i'm sure you are not a christian, and even if you claim to be, you sure are not born again...or perhaps, you one these born againstundecided

So throwing a night party makes one not a Christian.... hilarious.
Also it's either you are a Christian or you are not. There is nothing like born again Christian. If you are a Christian you are born again.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by uzolexis(f): 11:23am On Oct 19, 2016
herbie27:
Madam is not by force. grin
If you don't like the church rules, kindly go to another you will be wedded even with a pregnancy.

My dear I know it is not by force. I'm just questioning some of the requirements and want to know the rational behind them and yes I know I can get wedded in another church and can choose not to be wedded in a church as well, buy this post is about RCCG and my comment if about RCCG's wedding requirement.... gerrit.
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by eyinjuege: 11:25am On Oct 19, 2016
freshcvvs:

Now you can see its not about the couple but About the church and their silly traditions

What's silly about that?

Why should the bride and groom keep their invited guests waiting?
Why are you so agreeable with doing African time? , and no respect for other people's time?
They can start the service itself without the bride and groom, but can't finish the service without them taking their vows.
If the couple are not disciplined enough to keep to time, then they deserve to miss part of their service.
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by freshcvvs: 11:25am On Oct 19, 2016
obinoral1179:
you ignorant of some issue. My church slated a wedding for 10am but the groom showed up some minutes past 11 and the bride showed up some minutes before 12. We have to commence the wedding and they joined us in the process.... Some Nigerians are bad in keeping time... So bro don't conclude like that.

Even if they showed up 1am in the morning, you have no right to conduct a wedding ceremony without the presence of the couple. who then are you wedding?

you people and silly use of word. ignorant people are the first to use such silly words.

you concluded and yet saying another shouldn't conclude. DID YOU BOTHER TO STATE WHY THEY CAME LATE?
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by alaskido(m): 11:27am On Oct 19, 2016
bigiyaro:
Hehehehee, let churches continue dis ego massaging bullshyt. With less than 20k a shoe shining aboki can marry his Islamic 4 four wives and spew his almajiris all over d place, whom have the tenacity to survive against all odds, by the end of the next 20 years Christianity will be almost non existence in Nigeria, at least for now the north eastern part is already almost cleared of Christianity. Slowly but surely it will come to pass.

Old boy I fear you o. See wetin dey comot from your mouth. Fear GOD for once o.
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by freshcvvs: 11:27am On Oct 19, 2016
madridsta007:

Hence, I said that it is NOT by force to get married in the church. Or that particular church. People should stop acting as if a gun was put to their head to ensure compliance. It is not by force.

If Bill Gates or Aliki Dangote were to fix an appointment with those couple at specific time for some business contract award, will they suddenly fall sick or arrive there even 3 hours early?

If they can give reverence to a man, why not giving that same reverence to God- or is that suddenly too much to ask?

Then you tell them to do their wedding elsewhere rather than do the wedding without their presence.

did you bother to refute the reasons i gave that may likely bring about coming late or what are you people even saying?

wetin even concern church with wedding self?

BTW, is the building where your God reside or what are you even saying self?
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by freshcvvs: 11:29am On Oct 19, 2016
eyinjuege:

What's silly about that?

Why should the bride and groom keep their invited guests waiting?
Why are you so agreeable with doing African time? , and no respect for other people's time?
They can start the service itself without the bride and groom, but can't finish the service without them taking their vows.
If the couple are not disciplined enough to keep to time, then they deserve to miss part of their service.

Anything can happen.
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by eyinjuege: 11:31am On Oct 19, 2016
ItsQuinn:

Its the couple's wedding no doubt, but must they have it in a church?
They can equally rent a hall, get a minister to officiate their vows and do all the ceremony in the hall.
Life is all about choices. If you're gonna have it in the premises of the church, and you want the church to be part of it, you follow their protocol/standard operating procedure of that particular church.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 19, 2016
uzolexis:

My dear I know it is not by force. I'm just questioning some of the requirements and want to know the rational behind them and yes I know I can get wedded in another church and can choose not to be wedded in a church as well, buy this post is about RCCG and my comment if about RCCG's wedding requirement.... gerrit.
If you're indeed a christian...not even a "born again christian".
You would have understood the rationale behind those rules by mere application of common sense as a christian and not need to be told.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by oz4real83(m): 11:34am On Oct 19, 2016
bigiyaro:
Hehehehee, let churches continue dis ego massaging bullshyt. With less than 20k a shoe shining aboki can marry his Islamic 4 four wives and spew his almajiris all over d place, whom have the tenacity to survive against all odds, by the end of the next 20 years Christianity will be almost non existence in Nigeria, at least for now the north eastern part is already almost cleared of Christianity. Slowly but surely it will come to pass.
just listened to urself and I guess you will be disappointed with the thrash you posted!!!
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by eyinjuege: 11:36am On Oct 19, 2016
freshcvvs:

Anything can happen.

If you have a job interview scheduled for 10am, or an exam and you had an accident on the way there, had a minor cut which had to be treated.
Making you like 2 hours late. Would you really expect the organisers to wait for you despite legitimate reasons for being late?
Like seriously?

1 Like

Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by Olumaeme: 11:43am On Oct 19, 2016
No church wedding for me only Traditional and court. Make church Park well

1 Like

Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 19, 2016
ItsQuinn:

Are you a muslim?
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by freshcvvs: 11:53am On Oct 19, 2016
eyinjuege:

If you have a job interview scheduled for 10am, or an exam and you had an accident on the way there, had a minor cut which had to be treated.
Making you like 2 hours late. Would you really expect the organisers to wait for you despite legitimate reasons for being late?
Like seriously?

I answered these questions already, read up! i can't keep repeating myself!
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by MrGerald(m): 11:54am On Oct 19, 2016
bigiyaro:
chairman no vex o... Ayam just saying that Muslim population will eventually surpass the Christian population because of the fact that, marriage in the Islamic North is easier n simpler than most Christian marriages,and the church is not helping issues. So abeg no vex na so d matter be.
So that's just the yardstick you want to use to measure the growth of Islam and Christianity? even in the north places like kogi and Benue, even Kaduna Christianity is growing quietly and steadily without making noise abt it, hence putting the Muslims to the toes, people are tired of barbaric acts going on in Islam
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by firstking01(m): 11:54am On Oct 19, 2016
uzolexis:

So throwing a night party makes one not a Christian.... hilarious.
Also it's either you are a Christian or you are not. There is nothing like born again Christian. If you are a Christian you are born again.
Chaigrin, may God help you sha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman's 38 Prophecies For 2021 / How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary / Man Caught Drinking Holy Communion Wine After Stealing It From Church In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.