Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David (63411 Views)

Insecurity Protest: Adeboye Leads RCCG Members On CAN Prayer Walk Today / RCCG Members Kneel & Bow To Pastor Adeboye's Chair (Video) / FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by eyinjuege: 2:28pm On Oct 19, 2016
uzolexis:

Christianity forbids brides to have tail on their wedding gowns and men from wearing waist coat, hian odiegwu, Higerians and their hypocritical kind of christianity.....

Did rccg ever say all those rules are scriptural? They're obviously man made rules.
Guidelines or rules are created for a reason. A group of people come together to set up the guidelines. Do you know if they've seen cases of people tripping on the tail of the bride's dress? That rule may just have been set up for health and safety measures!
About them not marrying pregnant brides, other than not wanting to appear complicit in premarital sex, maybe they've seen cases of couples who've abstained from premarital sex, and yet the bride was pregnant(for someone else of course) and still got married.
There are usually reasons people review rules, and give feedbacks.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by Kdiva(f): 2:31pm On Oct 19, 2016
LoveJesus87:
ehn go cele go marry na who beg u before angry abeg swerve jare tongue grin

so in your mind now you've made a point yea?
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by madridsta007(m): 2:34pm On Oct 19, 2016
freshcvvs:

In their list, was there room for such exemptions?
It says "come late, we continue without you". No room for exemption.

Abeg bone this "dangote" bla bla, God is everywhere, Dangote isn't.

LOL.

If Dangote makes that invitation, suddenly NOTHING bad will happen. Hahaha!

Like I said, this is not compulsory. Anyone that does not want it should go and marry elsewhere. People should stop acting as if there isnt freedom of choice and association again.
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by freshcvvs: 2:44pm On Oct 19, 2016
madridsta007:

LOL.

If Dangote makes that invitation, suddenly NOTHING bad will happen. Hahaha!

Assumptions!
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by freshcvvs: 2:46pm On Oct 19, 2016
eyinjuege:

Exactly, which is the reason you're given a list of their guidelines before you even start planning the ceremony itself, and why you should know that extenuating circumstances may happen, and you may not be able to keep to time.
So you as a couple shouldn't hold the ceremony in the church, since you already know this.
God is omnipresent, and will be there if you decide to have your ceremony in a hall.
Don't forget, its couples that go to the church and request to be married there, and not the opposite. The onus is therefore on the couple to stick to the guidelines, or exercise their choice not to have it there.

And the list is so self-centered around the church and not the individuals wedding. anyways na those wey carry their legs go there in the first place get issues.

Nobi the same bible wey we get to read everyday? cheesy
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by LoveJesus87(m): 2:54pm On Oct 19, 2016
Kdiva:

so in your mind now you've made a point yea?
lol babe boo. Awayu re bae? grin
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by aishmuhd(f): 3:14pm On Oct 19, 2016
herbie27:
What's wrong with the list?...everything there is on point.
lol.. Even commencing the wedding with or without the bride or bride groom ?
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by bigiyaro(m): 3:15pm On Oct 19, 2016
brainhgeek:

reasoning through the anus
prof prof... can you please tell me how d anus tin is done? Odeh.
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 19, 2016
I choke on all these rules of men. In the bid to be modest, we do things way beyond necessary.
What's the nonsense about ministers' food? If them no wan come reception, then kaput.
They should also add that no boring sermon of more than 10mins is allowed.
The Lord knows those who are his
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by bigiyaro(m): 3:20pm On Oct 19, 2016
Taiofil:

You and those that liked ur post are just ignorant and are foolish in ur way of life! Hear yourself, your level of reasoning is so low arcaic. People like yourselves are the reason islam is not moving forward!

Useless thing!
take a chill pill menh.... We all know what Islamists are terrible is but Islam is definitely taking over the world.
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by subnormal: 3:20pm On Oct 19, 2016
herbie27:
What's wrong with the list?...everything there is on point.
Except the prohibition of three-piece suits and waist coats. What could be wrong with wearing that
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by bigiyaro(m): 3:23pm On Oct 19, 2016
jforjudith:
Yea. You just spewed rubbish and made it sound like a good thing.
don't mind me o.... I don't know how old u are, bt am sure if you are an hausa /fulani Muslim u would be nursing ur 4th child by now, bt then you r not, ur dad is still waiting for the maga to exploit in the name of ur dowry.
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by bigiyaro(m): 3:31pm On Oct 19, 2016
MrGerald:
So that's just the yardstick you want to use to measure the growth of Islam and Christianity? even in the north places like kogi and Benue, even Kaduna Christianity is growing quietly and steadily without making noise abt it, hence putting the Muslims to the toes, people are tired of barbaric acts going on in Islam
for your information kogi and benue r in the MIDDLE BELT, including PLATEAU... from ur statement u r in the south, i can point out areas in plateau state where in 2008 were inhabited by Christians bt now Christians dare not go there. The Muslims are even more zealous about dia religion than Christians.
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by bigiyaro(m): 3:34pm On Oct 19, 2016
oz4real83:
just listened to urself and I guess you will be disappointed with the thrash you posted!!!
don't worry urself, leave trash for LAWMA. Travel to at least 3 core of the northern states, then come back and edit ur post. Odeh
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by bigiyaro(m): 3:36pm On Oct 19, 2016
alaskido:

Old boy I fear you o. See wetin dey comot from your mouth. Fear GOD for once o.
guy..... Its like u forgot... The truth is always bitter.
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by bigiyaro(m): 3:37pm On Oct 19, 2016
praxs:

And am from adamawa state, michika LGA preciesly. So am in betterposition to tell you the state ofthings in the NE

Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by bigiyaro(m): 3:43pm On Oct 19, 2016
realityone:
That is a lie from the pit of hell. Christianity is taking over Nigeria and the world at large. Christianity is not a religion and it will abide forever till Jesus returns for his Church. Don't be deceived by the force of men and religion
take am easy sir! We are on the same page, many r called bt few r chosen.. Abi nor b so? What am saying is that the the Muslim population is more than the population of the "chosen few" Gerrit?
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by bigiyaro(m): 3:45pm On Oct 19, 2016
Eagles92:
It will never come to pass. Wake up and stop dreaming
am wide awake sir. Go an read the history of Turkey.
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by bigiyaro(m): 3:48pm On Oct 19, 2016
Petbuk122:
may be you are right,they can marry as many,even underage can be raped,they can give birth to as many,produce as many illiterates as possible,disturb the country with whatever knowledge they have gathered but in the end wide is the way that leads to hell.
yeah bro! Our focus is to make heaven.
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by subnormal: 3:59pm On Oct 19, 2016
firstking01:
Smh, the amen wasn't in a good perspectiveundecided…and my heart cry goes for you cos you are a girl...

Now Note This....there's a huge difference between a "christian" and a "born again christian"...i'm sure you know the story of the rich young ruler in matt 18 and jesus and nicodemus in john chapt 3....go read and help yourself my sister.

I disagree with you, believers were first addressed as Christians in Antioch on account of their lifestyles resembling that of Jesus Christ Acts 11: 26. Hence, the term 'christian' refers to someone who is born again.
The story of the young ruler and nicodemus were instances where Jesus made it clear that Judaism alone is not sufficient for salvation as there were no Christians before the resurrection of Jesus, only Jews
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by Baoo4eva(m): 4:26pm On Oct 19, 2016
I don't know why anyone will be so keen on doing church wedding. It's increases the expensives and add little value to it. You still have to do a court wedding anyway. It's thier choice
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 19, 2016
No smiley
Generals03:

Are you a muslim?
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by farem: 5:12pm On Oct 19, 2016
bigiyaro:
Hehehehee, let churches continue dis ego massaging bullshyt. With less than 20k a shoe shining aboki can marry his Islamic 4 four wives and spew his almajiris all over d place, whom have the tenacity to survive against all odds, by the end of the next 20 years Christianity will be almost non existence in Nigeria, at least for now the north eastern part is already almost cleared of Christianity. Slowly but surely it will come to pass.

Your ancestors and seniirs-in-coincil have made the same predictions long ago, WHERE ARE THEY TODAY. While they have miserably departed and forgotten, Jesus name and His Church still stand.
Unless and except you recant and confess Jesus as Lord, the same fate certainly awaits you and all those who express their likes to your hellish ambition.
No ill-feeling, but it's not changeable.
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 19, 2016
herbie27:
You don't get it.
They're only following the instructions on the bible.
You're not suppose to defile the bed before your wedding day...so the need for pregnancy test.

You're not suppose to dress indecently to the alter...the need for the kind of gown you should wear.

They don't want you bringing sicklers to the world...so the need for Genotype and other tests including HIV.

It's the house of God and is kept sacred ma'.
Just one question ,which marriage is more important in the side of God tradition or white wedding?
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 19, 2016
uzolexis:

My dear I know it is not by force. I'm just questioning some of the requirements and want to know the rational behind them and yes I know I can get wedded in another church and can choose not to be wedded in a church as well, buy this post is about RCCG and my comment if about RCCG's wedding requirement.... gerrit.
They have reasons for taking such decision. Probably out of pass experience and trying to uphold biblical standard of keeping the marriage undefiled. But the question I keep asking is were in the bible was it stated that they must wed in the church? From Genesis to Revelation I haven't seen any
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by firstking01(m): 5:19pm On Oct 19, 2016
subnormal:

I disagree with you, believers were first addressed as Christians in Antioch on account of their lifestyles resembling that of Jesus Christ Acts 11: 26. Hence, the term 'christian' refers to someone who is born again.
The story of the young ruler and nicodemus were instances where Jesus made it clear that Judaism alone is not sufficient for salvation as there were no Christians before the resurrection of Jesus, only Jews
Smh, you no sabi bible if so...literarilly do you know that nicodemus was a "christian", but not born againundecided??, hence he was a jewundecided??....samething applicable to the rich young ruler, he was a christian who also believed in the doctrines of moses until he encounterd jesus christ of nazareth:-??...to prove to you that he was a christian but not born again, why did he go home dissaponted and sorrowfully after jesus told him to go sell all his properties and give to the poor if he wants to be perfect and make heaven, and ofcourse i believe you know what led to why jesus told him to sell all his properties and give to the poor??...before then he was thinking he's standing righteously, but unknown to him he was lacking something which jesus exposed to him that day...if i should continue this cyber space won't contain the write up cos at the moment i'm getting inspired by the holy spirit...how ever, know that to be born again means to be convicted by the holy spirit HIMSELF...The man(rich young ruler) was not convicted(had not the holy spirit)...when you are possessed by the holyghost you become spotless and wrinkless before God, and nobody will push you to do things that will please God, the motivating force of the holyghost in you will compell and push you to do the things that will please God..i will stop here for now but remember it was after jesus death and ressurection that he exposed His 12 disciples to the holyspirit??...He breathed upon them and said to them, "recieve the holy spirit before He(jesus) ascended, and that's why you saw His disciples doing exploits after He ascended to heaven....they stood and watched Him being caught up in the sky with two angels on white garmen by His side and was taken to heaven...Ok, thank you.
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 19, 2016
freshcvvs:

Even if they showed up 1am in the morning, you have no right to conduct a wedding ceremony without the presence of the couple. who then are you wedding?

you people and silly use of word. ignorant people are the first to use such silly words.

you concluded and yet saying another shouldn't conclude. DID YOU BOTHER TO STATE WHY THEY CAME LATE?
They should have insist on a fine for late coming .some churches do that to instill discipline
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by farem: 5:23pm On Oct 19, 2016
ItsQuinn:
It's rubbish because there is no freedom. Beside, it's not the church's wedding after all, it's the couple's wedding undecided

Don't twist logic. Church's weddings are the ones conducted in churches. If you insist it's the couple's wedding, then go and conduct it in the couple's yard!
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 19, 2016
sapiosexual1:
I choke on all these rules of men. In the bid to be modest, we do things way beyond necessary.
What's the nonsense about ministers' food? If them no wan come reception, then kaput.
They should also add that no boring sermon of more than 10mins is allowed.
The[b][/b]The Lord knows those who are his
Hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 19, 2016
asuustrike2009:

Just one question ,which marriage is more important in the side of God tradition or white wedding?
This is the only question i will answer on this topic today.

The bible said in Mark 12:17 "give caesar what is caesar's".
Your tradition demands traditional marriage but to command God's blessings into your marriage you need a man of God to do so, so the need for white wedding.
Both are important as there are ways to go about it to cut down on expenditures.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by LastProphet: 5:56pm On Oct 19, 2016
bigiyaro:
Hehehehee, let churches continue dis ego massaging bullshyt. With less than 20k a shoe shining aboki can marry his Islamic 4 four wives and spew his almajiris all over d place, whom have the tenacity to survive against all odds, by the end of the next 20 years Christianity will be almost non existence in Nigeria, at least for now the north eastern part is already almost cleared of Christianity. Slowly but surely it will come to pass.

many Christians have no idea this thing u are talking, the muslims continue with their plan of giving birth as much as possible while the christians have no clue what is going on. we shall see
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 19, 2016
herbie27:
This is the only question i will answer on this topic today.

The bible said in Mark 12:17 "give caesar what is caesar's".
Your tradition demands traditional marriage but to command God's blessings into your marriage you need a man of God to do so, so the need for white wedding.
Both are important as there are ways to go about it to cut down on expenditures.
The marriage at the Galilee was which type of marriage?
Giving what belongs to Caesar was it referring to marriage or tax?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Gives Back Tithes, Offering To Nigerians, Donates N300M / Kairo’s Embassy Church, Uyo Pastor's Wife Lied To Him (Photos) / Hilda Baci: Your Dressing Shows It's Not Just Food You’re Selling – Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.