Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,677 members, 7,809,573 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David (63302 Views)

Insecurity Protest: Adeboye Leads RCCG Members On CAN Prayer Walk Today / RCCG Members Kneel & Bow To Pastor Adeboye's Chair (Video) / FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by DuBLINGreenb(m): 9:50am On Oct 19, 2016
Waris this is it American visa I came to apply for?
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by graciousme(f): 9:52am On Oct 19, 2016
Watch your words. If you didn't create the religion you can't eliminate it. Wonder why you people are like this.

bigiyaro:
Hehehehee, let churches continue dis ego massaging bullshyt. With less than 20k a shoe shining aboki can marry his Islamic 4 four wives and spew his almajiris all over d place, whom have the tenacity to survive against all odds, by the end of the next 20 years Christianity will be almost non existence in Nigeria, at least for now the north eastern part is already almost cleared of Christianity. Slowly but surely it will come to pass.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by madridsta007(m): 9:56am On Oct 19, 2016
freshcvvs:

So if the bride suddenly falls ill,the church will wed who?
The day is for the couple not for the church

BTW, church's got no biz in wedding in the first place self. Never by God nor anywhere in the bible.

Hence, I said that it is NOT by force to get married in the church. Or that particular church. People should stop acting as if a gun was put to their head to ensure compliance. It is not by force.

If Bill Gates or Aliki Dangote were to fix an appointment with those couple at specific time for some business contract award, will they suddenly fall sick or arrive there even 3 hours early?

If they can give reverence to a man, why not giving that same reverence to God- or is that suddenly too much to ask?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by chiraqDemon(m): 9:57am On Oct 19, 2016
Even job no require this much
If na this ppl de process admission into heaven requirements for much die

1 Like

Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by samsam2019: 9:58am On Oct 19, 2016
Business centre with business guidelines
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by littlemistress: 9:58am On Oct 19, 2016
uzolexis:

It is not the same for all true believing churches like you say.

4. Why does the church want to see the dowry and bride price list
18. why can't i throw a night party prior to my wedding
10. why does the the church want to modify my reception program?
7. Why can't I have a tail on my wedding gown?
14. Why can't my husband wear a waist coat if he likes
babe, calm down. the list ain't too bad & strict. personally, I think the church wants to ensure the proper rites are done afterall there's need for an officiating priest at the venue of the trad wedding. discouraging night party is meant to guard against alcohol consumption & drunkeness which can make them late to church undecided concerning the reeception program, I'on have an excuse but just maybe it's meant to forestall unnecessary/silly things. undecided
having a tail on the wedding gown makes it looks like mammy water & I personally don't like too. cheesy
waist coat?? anything that fits does it for me but definitely not black in black. it's archaic..but then I believe some of these rules can be bent & adjusted.. smiley
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by ojuolu(m): 10:00am On Oct 19, 2016
Roon9:

After the church service u can even wear bumshot ni. But while at their alter, indeed God's alter, you must comply grin
So tail and waist coat are forbidden on God's altar? Just asking ni o...
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by Minirakiza: 10:01am On Oct 19, 2016
Is not by force..
But as a member if I find it difficult, I quit ! Afterwards there are still many more churches to attend, God is one
and He is our goal..
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by Tolubory(m): 10:02am On Oct 19, 2016
cuvox:
Who has seen the Latest mandatory Marriage conditions for Redeem Christian Church of God (RCCG) Members? Yes from the Church not from the Bride’s family. And it was said to be highly mandatory for all intending couple (RCCG Members).

Read For yourself...

As shared by a twitter user: @chydee

Source http://yawnaija.tv/marriage-conditions-rccg-members/

Nah wa o.....
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by Hipsymoi: 10:03am On Oct 19, 2016
This must be a BOKO descendant I guess. undecided
bigiyaro:
Hehehehee, let churches continue dis ego massaging bullshyt. With less than 20k a shoe shining aboki can marry his Islamic 4 four wives and spew his almajiris all over d place, whom have the tenacity to survive against all odds, by the end of the next 20 years Christianity will be almost non existence in Nigeria, at least for now the north eastern part is already almost cleared of Christianity. Slowly but surely it will come to pass.
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by Petbuk122(m): 10:03am On Oct 19, 2016
bigiyaro:
chairman no vex o... Ayam just saying that Muslim population will eventually surpass the Christian population because of the fact that, marriage in the Islamic North is easier n simpler than most Christian marriages,and the church is not helping issues. So abeg no vex na so d matter be.
may be you are right,they can marry as many,even underage can be raped,they can give birth to as many,produce as many illiterates as possible,disturb the country with whatever knowledge they have gathered but in the end wide is the way that leads to hell.
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by uzolexis(f): 10:03am On Oct 19, 2016
littlemistress:

babe, calm down. the list ain't too bad & strict. personally, I think the church wants to ensure the proper rites are done afterall there's need for an officiating priest at the venue of the trad wedding. discouraging night party is meant to guard against alcohol consumption & drunkeness which can make them late to church undecided concerning the reeception program, I'on have an excuse but just maybe it's meant to forestall unnecessary/silly things. undecided
having a tail on the wedding gown makes it looks like mammy water & I personally don't like too. cheesy
waist coat?? anything that fits does it for me but definitely not black in black. it's archaic..but then I believe some of these rules can be bent & adjusted.. smiley

cos you personally don't like it does not mean other brides don't like it and it's not indecent either so why are they against it. That day is mostly the couples day, they should be allowed to dress the way they like as long as it is decent, tail, waist coat, whatever also they should be allowed to include silly things in their wedding reception if they like, it is their wedding (the church can regulate the church wedding program fine but they not also micro manage the couples reception and trad wedding), I don't see the sense in that.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by Eagles92(m): 10:10am On Oct 19, 2016
It will never come to pass. Wake up and stop dreaming
bigiyaro:
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by jajajaja828: 10:15am On Oct 19, 2016
Pls try n make this clear. Don't blind my eye.
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 19, 2016
ItsQuinn:
RUBBISH! Thank God there are thousands of churches in Nigeria, RCCG is not the only church undecided
Every church has its do's and don'ts when it comes to joining couples.

Don't get the rubbish on that list.
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by Omoluabi16(m): 10:23am On Oct 19, 2016
I'm an RCCG member, but this list though. I can't understand why it is being enforced that I have to package food for the ministers . .That's petty for me. Pregnancy test? fine. .But why in a designated hospital and at a cost??
why should the church decide on the date of my ceremony? this is quite overbearing.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 19, 2016
Goke7:

The RCCG rules still looks liberal to me sef. In my church, the groom to be house or residence will be inspected and verified without his knowledge to ascertain that he is the owner of the house or he rented it himself to avoid situations where an husband to be is actually squatting with a friend and still claim he has his own apartment.

God bless you.
Some churches ignore a lot, those of them complaining of these rules should go and check out that of deeper life.

I heard of a guy who after the wedding moved the wife to his elder brother's house...two dumb fellow. grin

1 Like

Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by vislabraye(m): 10:26am On Oct 19, 2016
Richiy:
These rules are quite normal. Except for the part of the "no tail on the dress" and just plain suit for the guys.

They just wanna kill somebody's swagggg

Except no. 17 that says blood tests must be conducted. I think that's one of the most important points. Marriage shouldn't be made too difficult.
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by Whiteey: 10:28am On Oct 19, 2016
This number 7 and 8 sef eehn...if no be say na church mata eehn...i for don ask weda na APC marriage committee dey giv dis kin conditions

And as for this number 13 sef...I tire oooo...I tire oooo.
"The wedding will commence with or without the bride or the groom"...

But wot if na run wey i run....and i no wan marry again....so dey marriage will continue wtout me abi békoo...?....ok na...I hear
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 19, 2016
Omoluabi16:
I'm an RCCG member, but this list though. I can't understand why it is being enforced that I have to package food for the ministers . .That's petty for me. Pregnancy test? fine. .But why in a designated hospital and at a cost??
why should the church decide on the date of my ceremony? this is quite overbearing.
Oga!, won't you serve the officiating ministers?, and the pregnancy test will have to be carried out by a doctor the church recommend so that you won't go behind them to alter the test results if is positive. grin
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by Richiy(f): 10:32am On Oct 19, 2016
vislabraye:

Except no. 17 that says blood tests must be conducted. I think that's one of the most important points. Marriage shouldn't be made too difficult.

Blood tests are more than important

1 Like

Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by realityone(m): 10:39am On Oct 19, 2016
That is a lie from the pit of hell. Christianity is taking over Nigeria and the world at large. Christianity is not a religion and it will abide forever till Jesus returns for his Church. Don't be deceived by the force of men and religion
bigiyaro:
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by obinoral1179(m): 10:40am On Oct 19, 2016
freshcvvs:

Now you can see its not about the couple but About the church and their silly traditions
you ignorant of some issue. My church slated a wedding for 10am but the groom showed up some minutes past 11 and the bride showed up some minutes before 12. We have to commence the wedding and they joined us in the process.... Some Nigerians are bad in keeping time... So bro don't conclude like that.
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by firstking01(m): 10:46am On Oct 19, 2016
MadCow1:

SO you judge a 'TRUE BIBLE BELIEVING CHURCH; by their adherence to these same draconian rules?

Tell me where in the Bible were these rules stated? undecided

No Night Parties?! Really?! How about the Church also give them a Bed time and the sex position to copulate with....

And people wonder why the number of unbelievers are on the rise..
Close your mouth and stop spewing garbishundecided…from this your self deluded analyses about the bible it shows you don't know sh!t about the bibleundecided...
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by realityone(m): 10:46am On Oct 19, 2016
Thank you for this great response. He doesn't seem to understand the power behind Christianity. Not even the devil can dare to fight against God and the Church.
player007:

The rules and regulations aren't meant for everybody. Its either you abide by it or not.
Christianity isn't going anywhere go and write that down. can't really say the same about Islam. with all the child marriage and killing going on in the name of doing Allah's will.
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by firstking01(m): 10:46am On Oct 19, 2016
MadCow1:

SO you judge a 'TRUE BIBLE BELIEVING CHURCH; by their adherence to these same draconian rules?

Tell me where in the Bible were these rules stated? undecided

No Night Parties?! Really?! How about the Church also give them a Bed time and the sex position to copulate with....

And people wonder why the number of unbelievers are on the rise..
Close your mouth and stop spewing garbishundecided…from this your self deluded analyses about the bible it shows you don't know sh!t about the bibleundecided...ask questions and learn so you may grow therebyundecided
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by kingk(m): 10:48am On Oct 19, 2016
Kdiva:
what if I want more than six people on my bridal train ? what if my husband wants to wear a fancy waist coat? there's no way my gown won't have a tail... sha , only their members have to put up with this.

But why?........@ your signature.
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by Omoluabi16(m): 10:49am On Oct 19, 2016
herbie27:
Oga!, won't you serve the officiating ministers?, and the pregnancy test will have to be carried out by a doctor the church recommend so that you won't go behind them to alter the test results if is positive. grin
lol. . .very funny. Of course I'll serve them. But those stuffs are based on discretion, it shouldn't be so highlighted. Who would go as far as altering a test? guess you have a point.
Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 19, 2016
Na wa for RCCG, their standards are unnecessarily high and unscriptural, just to boost the egos of their leaders.

Even when you want to become a member of the church you have to undergo the humiliating believers class and membership class a program that can take up to 1 year to complete, you will be forced to under go baptism irrespective of where you were baptized.

They dont recognize believers from other christian denominations as if its only their members who go to heaven.

Their wedding requirement is so strict and unrealistic that even their registered members sneak to wed in other denominations and then come back to RCCG grin.

They have the highest number of wife imports by their male members as many of them go to other denominations and marry ( bad news for faithful compliant their sisters who just remain there and die single).

There is no fellowship in the church just a congregation of worshipers who dont care for their fellow worshipers.

Reminds me of the movie star-ship troopers.

A system of church membership and marriage program that forces members to lie, cheat just to be relevant is very WRONG.

They need to review some of thier [/s]business[s] sorry church policies. cool

1 Like

Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by firstking01(m): 10:51am On Oct 19, 2016
uzolexis:

It is not the same for all true believing churches like you say.

4. Why does the church want to see the dowry and bride price list
18. why can't i throw a night party prior to my wedding
10. why does the the church want to modify my reception program?
7. Why can't I have a tail on my wedding gown?
14. Why can't my husband wear a waist coat if he likes
And why would you throw a night party huhundecided…i'm sure you are not a christian, and even if you claim to be, you sure are not born again...or perhaps, you one these born againstundecided

1 Like

Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by mydeporch(f): 10:51am On Oct 19, 2016
Starting wtout bride is true o. I came back frm UK nd since I was going to rccg ova dia, I got a letter but me I don't fancy church wedding dt much. D one I cherish most is my traditional one and it's d only frame I got for myself.
I didn't go for any rehearsal and dy already started singing opening hymn by d time we arrived. My gown had tail little bit and I could hold it up myself.my husband always say d saturday paparazi na acting on its own. D church own na to please parents partly cos am not a party person,would av prefered to go registry nd do d engagement celebratn on sat and a pastor can be invited to pray for us which happened on d engagement anyways.

D after party no concern d church people after o. I see discrimination for Church dt day. Don't let me go into details.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David by musa7m(m): 10:53am On Oct 19, 2016
player007:

The rules and regulations aren't meant for everybody. Its either you abide by it or not.
Christianity isn't going anywhere go and write that down. can't really say the same about Islam. with all the child marriage and killing going on in the name of doing Allah's will.
since you don't know anything abt lslam...just shut up yam eater

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Hilda Baci: Your Dressing Shows It's Not Just Food You’re Selling – Pastor / Interpretation Of Tongues Spoken In "Way Maker" By Sinach / Christians Sold American Church To Muslims, Rejected Club Owners' Offer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.