Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,266 members, 7,829,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

"Scrap Senate" - Aliyu Saidu Abubakar, Nominee For NCC Board - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Scrap Senate" - Aliyu Saidu Abubakar, Nominee For NCC Board (38799 Views)

Senate Rejects Ahmad Bello Mahmud, Buhari’s Nominee For REC Over Citizenship / Aliyu Saidu Abubakar Presents One-year Diploma Certificate To Senate / Buhari Nominates Chairman, Commissioners For NCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Scrap Senate" - Aliyu Saidu Abubakar, Nominee For NCC Board by ezechueze(m): 10:39pm On Oct 19, 2016
OK
Re: "Scrap Senate" - Aliyu Saidu Abubakar, Nominee For NCC Board by mecussey(m): 10:49pm On Oct 19, 2016
OYAY:
Of course he his correct nothing tangible is coming out of that bunch of people except sharing of money! Shikena

Since i was born, now i am getting old, i still dont know what senators do. I only see some old weak men enjoying them self like a party meeting and some sleeping while in the meeting. In the end, they say hi and others says nay...and the chairman will hit hammer on the table. I have never had of any tangible impact made by the senate for the common Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: "Scrap Senate" - Aliyu Saidu Abubakar, Nominee For NCC Board by Yahami(m): 10:53pm On Oct 19, 2016
That is real Nigeria for you, but if it were to be our people from the other part.....hummmmm will just be there response
Re: "Scrap Senate" - Aliyu Saidu Abubakar, Nominee For NCC Board by DIKEnaWAR: 10:59pm On Oct 19, 2016
MadamExcellency:
The Senate with 109 members has a balanced representation of Nigeria than the House of Representatives where the former Kano State has equal or more representatives than the South-East region of Nigeria

Yes. It is the HoR that should be scrapped.
Re: "Scrap Senate" - Aliyu Saidu Abubakar, Nominee For NCC Board by hommespecia: 11:00pm On Oct 19, 2016
legislative Job must become part-time for efficiency and cost saving.....bicameral legislature is a complete waste of money.

1 Like

Re: "Scrap Senate" - Aliyu Saidu Abubakar, Nominee For NCC Board by seguno2: 11:00pm On Oct 19, 2016
OYAY:
Of course he his correct nothing tangible is coming out of that bunch of people except sharing of money! Shikena

What do you think the NCC nominee is going to do at the Commission, if not to share money?
Someone who has no knowledge about its work beyond a hurriedly arranged Diploma?
No wonder the illiterate nominee wants the senate scrapped instead of campaigning for reduced costs.
I hope that they will reject his nomination.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Scrap Senate" - Aliyu Saidu Abubakar, Nominee For NCC Board by ndcide(m): 11:02pm On Oct 19, 2016
The man should be set aside .

Firstly, he was playing to the gallery and at that forum, it was absolutely unnecessary.

Secondly, the guy's qualification is suspect. It seems by default, PMB is not interested in capacity but cronyism.

Third, The story shouldn't be about scraping the senate or perception of the senate but the interview. we must face priorities and not these silly distractions just to satisfy sycophants.

Forth, The senate will be the ones to scrap itself or through a referendum which must also go through the senate. so no media
theatrics can change it.

For the sane minds, will you employ an employee who responds that way at interview ? be honest.

5 Likes

Re: "Scrap Senate" - Aliyu Saidu Abubakar, Nominee For NCC Board by seguno2: 11:03pm On Oct 19, 2016
mecussey:
Since i was born, now i am getting old, i still dont know what senators do. I only see some old weak men enjoying them self like a party meeting and some sleeping while in the meeting. In the end, they say hi and others says nay...and the chairman will hit hammer on the table. I have never had of any tangible impact made by the senate for the common Nigeria.

Since you were born, now you are getting old, do you know what the LGAs do?

2 Likes

Re: "Scrap Senate" - Aliyu Saidu Abubakar, Nominee For NCC Board by Folksyharry(m): 11:03pm On Oct 19, 2016
Correct. That will be a significant step in cutting down expenses.

I think we should have only one house or the law makers should start working on part-time basis and be paid allowance only when they meet.
Mr Aliyu made a lot of sense when he asked why the Senators will get transport allowance and still get cars. We need more people like this.
Re: "Scrap Senate" - Aliyu Saidu Abubakar, Nominee For NCC Board by don4real18(m): 11:10pm On Oct 19, 2016
otr1:

Why in the hell should someone with an ordinary diploma in Computer be nominated for the position of the National Commissioner of the NCC?
Even worse, he didn't bother to go for his credentials until nominated for the position. How can we be sure that he will be bothered about his job if he eventually scale through the screening? (God forbids!!!)
Since he merely went to school for the knowledge, I think he'll do better if he continues with his private business, not the NCC.
I honestly think the President is actually what some people are calling him
He's self employed. How many ICT lecturers can do what the Alaba boys and computer village boys are doing.
He went there just for knowledge and may know more than people claiming BSC graduate.
Re: "Scrap Senate" - Aliyu Saidu Abubakar, Nominee For NCC Board by Bom4Real: 11:16pm On Oct 19, 2016
What make someone a zombie is when u have ur MSC. And have enrolled for ur Doctorate,then someone with a one year National Diploma is been present as a board member for NCC,because its from Dullard and APC

6 Likes

Re: "Scrap Senate" - Aliyu Saidu Abubakar, Nominee For NCC Board by ahamonyeka(m): 11:27pm On Oct 19, 2016
I do not know what they are senating there sef.
Re: "Scrap Senate" - Aliyu Saidu Abubakar, Nominee For NCC Board by docadams: 11:28pm On Oct 19, 2016
ehissi:
The committee also said that it was interesting that the highest academic qualification of the nominee was a one-year “Diploma in Computer” from Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi.

Can you see what Buhari wants to do to this our country.........

Na Diploma in Computer na e, e wan give a whole NCC to manage. After them go say Buhari is not corrupt??

Abeg what is it about this fellow that qualifies him to hold such a sensitive office??

For the love of all things Holy, if Telecommunication sector begin dey suffer them go say na 16 years of PDP, see who them wan give NCC make e handle!!!

Abi na only me see am........ undecided

Hmmmmmmm

10 Poorly Educated But Incredibly Successful People

10 John D. Rockefeller
Billionaire
9 Horace Greeley
Journalist and Congressman

8 John Glenn
Astronaut

7 Steve Jobs
Apple Co-Founder

6 Mark Twain
Author and Wit
5 Henry Ford
Industrialist and Entrepreneur

4 William Shakespeare
Poet and Playwright

3 Winston Churchill
Statesman and War Leader

2 Abraham Lincoln
US President

1 Albert Einstein
Physicist
The simple fact of the matter is that the greatest mind of the twentieth century was in fact a high school dropout.

www.listverse.com/.../10-poorly-educated-but- .

If the above listed personalities were to have suffered the misfortune of being under you, your impulse irrational propensity would have condemned them to the dustbin of nonentities.

Certificate is not everything.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Scrap Senate" - Aliyu Saidu Abubakar, Nominee For NCC Board by kings09(m): 11:41pm On Oct 19, 2016
U won't see Bolustic on dis kind of thread to come support hw a Diploma holder will hold such position
Mujaheeeden:
The committee also said that it was interesting that the highest academic qualification of the nominee was a one-year “Diploma in Computer” from Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi.

And some zombies will support such

3 Likes

Re: "Scrap Senate" - Aliyu Saidu Abubakar, Nominee For NCC Board by bettercreature(m): 11:43pm On Oct 19, 2016
OYAY:
They are going to flag his arssss they are already creating problems for him.
Re: "Scrap Senate" - Aliyu Saidu Abubakar, Nominee For NCC Board by bettercreature(m): 11:44pm On Oct 19, 2016
Bom4Real:
What make someone a zombie is when u have ur MSC. And have enrolled for ur Doctorate,then someone with a one year National Diploma is been present as a board member for NCC,because its from Dullard and APC
What is this one saying? are you stewpid?
Re: "Scrap Senate" - Aliyu Saidu Abubakar, Nominee For NCC Board by Ranchhoddas: 11:49pm On Oct 19, 2016
ehissi:

Na Diploma in Computer na e, e wan give a whole NCC to manage. After them go say Buhari is not corrupt??

Abeg what is it about this fellow that qualifies him to hold such a sensitive office??

For the love of all things Holy, if Telecommunication sector begin dey suffer them go say na 16 years of PDP, see who them wan give NCC make e handle!!!

I am sorry but you have little to no sense. It is this same senseless certificate-worship that has put us in this condition. If this man has know-how like he claims, then he is better qualified than those certificated but moronic people that litter our political and decision-making postions. I know that you like most other Nigerians are not sophisticated enough to understand this things so you should not bother with a reply.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Scrap Senate" - Aliyu Saidu Abubakar, Nominee For NCC Board by DonOrpzy: 11:52pm On Oct 19, 2016
Bar man!!!... Pls serve this nigga everything on the Menu
Re: "Scrap Senate" - Aliyu Saidu Abubakar, Nominee For NCC Board by leanalyst: 11:54pm On Oct 19, 2016
Lanre4uonly:
Truth is bitter. I can only wish the presidential nominee all the best ahead if confirmed by the senate.
It is well with our dear country.
Confirm who has a diploma in computer?? Are u serious?

2 Likes

Re: "Scrap Senate" - Aliyu Saidu Abubakar, Nominee For NCC Board by MicroBox: 12:17am On Oct 20, 2016
ehissi:

This are such cases Aisha is crying out about....
She own a master degree and she know's that the cabal don't care about qualification.. how on earth would someone nominate such a person.
there are many angles to Aisha outburst...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Scrap Senate" - Aliyu Saidu Abubakar, Nominee For NCC Board by nagoma(m): 12:20am On Oct 20, 2016
Emekamex:
The best option is to scrap their ridiculous pay, the senate is very well needed in a modern democracy to curtail any threat of autocracy or dictatorship.

But do you necessarily need two chambers to do that? One parliament chamber can San do the job and country will save billions and billions in many ways.
Re: "Scrap Senate" - Aliyu Saidu Abubakar, Nominee For NCC Board by sekamykome(m): 2:56am On Oct 20, 2016
Very depressing state of affairs in this country, and some people will only see the scrap the Senate part!!! Just imaging the US Senate being scraped!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed If you argue that the cost of running the Senate I too high then you may be correct, but that the Senate should be scraped, now that is typical of one who knows nothing about democracy, the legislature is a fundamental component of the Democratic system, if we can't get it right then I think we should go back to th traditional ways where the oba rules his people without any Senate, and the emir rules without such draw backs called the Senate, but if we decide to copy the western world then let's copy it right. Recall that we had copied left in our educational system when we mixed American system with British system, that had led to critical failure in our education system, and that alone is the reason why a man with one year difloma from one half backed center for distant learning would want to sit in a board of the NCC, and contribute what?? Rubish

3 Likes

Re: "Scrap Senate" - Aliyu Saidu Abubakar, Nominee For NCC Board by sinkhole: 3:50am On Oct 20, 2016
otr1:

Why in the hell should someone with an ordinary diploma in Computer be nominated for the position of the National Commissioner of the NCC?
Even worse, he didn't bother to go for his credentials until nominated for the position. How can we be sure that he will be bothered about his job if he eventually scale through the screening? (God forbids!!!)
Since he merely went to school for the knowledge, I think he'll do better if he continues with his private business, not the NCC.
I honestly think the President is actually what some people are calling him
Sincerely, "I am not understanding" shocked shocked shocked sad embarassed, ordinary diploma from university, that they just canceled now o! Haaa, we are finished in this country, is it that there is no PhD holders who can occupy such position, at least some respect should be accorded education.

1 Like

Re: "Scrap Senate" - Aliyu Saidu Abubakar, Nominee For NCC Board by mecussey(m): 4:29am On Oct 20, 2016
seguno2:

Since you were born, now you are getting old, do you know what the LGAs do?

Well practically, I have seen an LGA chairman grade the village roads, whether it came from his pocket or not, I dont know. You see the so called law makers, nothing. They have never impeached a bad president, they dont make any decision and stand for it. Sometimes, they even fight like secondary school boys. They should just scrap that nonesense. When I was in school, we were more responsible in class than those ediots.
Re: "Scrap Senate" - Aliyu Saidu Abubakar, Nominee For NCC Board by vincent64(m): 4:31am On Oct 20, 2016
UNLOCK YOUR ICLOUD AND CARRIER LOCK AT ANY WHERE IN THE WORLD JUST WITH YOUR PHONE IMEI. AT AFFORDABLE PRICE. WHATSAPP NOW @08169476382
Re: "Scrap Senate" - Aliyu Saidu Abubakar, Nominee For NCC Board by tidal(m): 4:37am On Oct 20, 2016
Instead scrap House of Reps. Senators have best representation of the entire population without cheating and bias .
Re: "Scrap Senate" - Aliyu Saidu Abubakar, Nominee For NCC Board by ATERI(m): 4:41am On Oct 20, 2016
The end of that corrupt parliament is inevitable!
Re: "Scrap Senate" - Aliyu Saidu Abubakar, Nominee For NCC Board by highwaist: 5:02am On Oct 20, 2016
Honesty can get you job,but without knowledge, you can't perform.I don't think the nominee can't maximise all the function on iPhone and android
Re: "Scrap Senate" - Aliyu Saidu Abubakar, Nominee For NCC Board by repogirl(f): 5:03am On Oct 20, 2016
This is rubbish. Someone that wants to serve on the board of the NCC has only a diploma in computer? Lol! Whatvvalue can that sort of person add? I bet he cannot even check his email or type a sentence on MS word.

Soon they will appoint SSCE holders with only pass in computer. Foolish people.

There are people who have spent years studying and working in the ICT sector but they will overlook them for one Nincompoop just because he criticised the senate?

I smell settlement and payoff ..... Otherwise, is this the best qualified candidate that the NE can provide?

3 Likes

Re: "Scrap Senate" - Aliyu Saidu Abubakar, Nominee For NCC Board by back2sender: 5:14am On Oct 20, 2016
Mujaheeeden:

And some zombies will support such
You see your life! Jonathan with is in complete PHD could not manage our economy as a matter of fact run it into colossal coma.
You see a man that was bold to say it as it is and you said naa ordinary diploma he get.
You looters of Nigeria have so many degrees and we saw what they did.
Am not surprised because you are from the indo-fuckin-nesia republic of ugandan and the only good thing about you people are negative VICES and full of shits of EVILS.
Re: "Scrap Senate" - Aliyu Saidu Abubakar, Nominee For NCC Board by ebenholer(m): 5:27am On Oct 20, 2016
ehissi:

What made him qualified for the post is no certificate but ethnic bigotry and forceful constituent representation. Those that are even there with certified qualifications, who notable impacts have they made.?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

INEC Declares Dino Melaye Remains Senator As Recall Fails. Melaye Reacts / Malami: "I Deliberately Referred To Abacha Loot As "Abacha's Assets" / 12 Prominent Nigerians Who Died In July 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.