Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,728 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

I Feel Like Marriage Is Designed For Men's Happiness Only. What Do You Think? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Feel Like Marriage Is Designed For Men's Happiness Only. What Do You Think? (745 Views)

Check Out This Movie Like Marriage Proposal. / I Feel Like I'm The Freshest Guy In The World - Photos / Man Proposes To His Girlfriend With A Ring He Designed For Her (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Feel Like Marriage Is Designed For Men's Happiness Only. What Do You Think? by pertrokillert: 9:28pm On Oct 19, 2016
I have had relationships when i was younger and they were amazing back then, i got hurt in a few and i think this made me extremely bitter and lost desire for relationships for a while. Here is what crosses my mind when i think of marriage.

1. I will be doing all the cooking
2. i will be doing all he laundry
3. I will do be the one raising all the kids. (diapers, cleaning after them etc)
(the guy will want to find them cleaned up and looking good)
4. I will do all the cleaning in the house
5. I will have to support the guy emotionally.
6. If i need emotional support i should go to my girlfriends.
7. I will give the guy sex all the time
(even when most times i just want romance without sex)
8. I am supposed to look pretty for the man all the time.
9. the man will get a good reputation for having a wife and kids while i do all the giving.

What does the man bring to the table?? Let's say i also make my own money.

3 Likes

Re: I Feel Like Marriage Is Designed For Men's Happiness Only. What Do You Think? by sinaj(f): 9:36pm On Oct 19, 2016
Awwww

I hope u change this mindset b4 getting married else it will affect u.

Marriage isn't a one sided thing as u think.

Evn some hubby help out in some of the things u've listed if not all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Feel Like Marriage Is Designed For Men's Happiness Only. What Do You Think? by pertrokillert: 9:44pm On Oct 19, 2016
sinaj:
Awwww

I hope u change this mindset b4 getting married else it will affect u.

Marriage isn't a one sided thing as u think.

Evn some hubby help out in some of the things u've listed if not all.

I am trying my best to change my mind set. That's why i posted to invite fresh insights. So what they bring is a little help? Its all my responsibility but i am lucky if i get some help?
Re: I Feel Like Marriage Is Designed For Men's Happiness Only. What Do You Think? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 19, 2016
No 1 2 & 4 depends on the kind of man you marry

No 3 5 6 7 8 9 aren't true.

3. You're not to raise all the kids alone except he doesn't provide and spend time with them

5. The reverse is the case in most marriages

6. That's your own personal conclusion.

7. Its his duty to put you in mood by making you happy

8. Most of you women always love to look pretty for yourselves for the complements you get even when your hubby has travelled

9. Reputation is for both but doesn't come the same way

Well unfortunately for the girls, the men who are homely and understanding enough to help them in all of these aren't usually appealing to them. They prefer the tough-looking six pack swagger guys who hasn't spared a month in his lifetime of masculinity to study feminity but rather thinks his money would get him everything he needs from a woman

One should marry for the right reasons and not for what appeals to the eyes alone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Feel Like Marriage Is Designed For Men's Happiness Only. What Do You Think? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 19, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: I Feel Like Marriage Is Designed For Men's Happiness Only. What Do You Think? by okwyee(m): 10:05pm On Oct 19, 2016
op there is one Alfa that i will take you to... he's good trust me grin
Re: I Feel Like Marriage Is Designed For Men's Happiness Only. What Do You Think? by realpoacher(m): 11:25pm On Oct 19, 2016
okwyee:
op there is one Alfa that i will take you to...
he's good trust me grin

Aswear.... Bomb dey your head... grin

I don laugh tire my Belle the pain me
Re: I Feel Like Marriage Is Designed For Men's Happiness Only. What Do You Think? by jorion(m): 11:32pm On Oct 19, 2016
then the man would go out, find a job, receive loads of ibsults and may even engage a colleague physically so that you and the kids would be well catered for. everyday weekday of his life
Re: I Feel Like Marriage Is Designed For Men's Happiness Only. What Do You Think? by buffalowings: 12:31am On Oct 20, 2016
I can't profer any solution except that maybe it is better to be single afterall

That way, you can be sure to do away with all the headaches that come with being tied to a man.

Babies can be adopted, you can be a single parent.

You just have to accept who you are.
Re: I Feel Like Marriage Is Designed For Men's Happiness Only. What Do You Think? by mikolo80: 1:59am On Oct 20, 2016
pertrokillert:
I have had relationships when i was younger and they were amazing back then, i got hurt in a few and i think this made me extremely bitter and lost desire for relationships for a while. Here is what crosses my mind when i think of marriage.

3. I will do be the one raising all the kids. (diapers, cleaning after them etc)
9. the man will get a good reputation for having a wife and kids while i do all the giving.

A roof over your head
Food
He should have your back ideally but not possible all the time
Gifts
He prolly take a bullet for you
You wanna switch places
Be my sugar mummy?
Re: I Feel Like Marriage Is Designed For Men's Happiness Only. What Do You Think? by bitchcrafts: 5:46am On Oct 20, 2016
It's getting boring woman. Nobody is forcing u into marriage init?
Re: I Feel Like Marriage Is Designed For Men's Happiness Only. What Do You Think? by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 20, 2016
Also they r allowed 2 cheat buh when the wife does it,pple criticize her...marriage is messed up mehn
Re: I Feel Like Marriage Is Designed For Men's Happiness Only. What Do You Think? by Nnamsco4real: 9:42am On Oct 20, 2016
pertrokillert:

grin grin It's a Man's World
Re: I Feel Like Marriage Is Designed For Men's Happiness Only. What Do You Think? by Nobody: 10:01am On Oct 20, 2016
pertrokillert:

I am trying my best to change my mind set. That's why i posted to invite fresh insights. So what they bring is a little help? Its all my responsibility but i am lucky if i get some help?
Its not always like that dear. A widow or a single parent will be able to explain better. Marriage is for two and a good man's contribution goes a long way.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Will The Ladies Choose 6 Packs ?? / “AS” And “AS” Can Marry Without Fear.(see More Pictures) / Who Else Can Do These And Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.