Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,904 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

Fayose, Omisore Got N3.8b Arms Cash, Says Obanikoro - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose, Omisore Got N3.8b Arms Cash, Says Obanikoro (31262 Views)

Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC / DSS Arrests Moroophat Onikoro with Documents Relating To Arms Cash Fraud / Fayose, Obanikoro Clashed Over Arms Cash – Aluko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose, Omisore Got N3.8b Arms Cash, Says Obanikoro by ijustdey: 5:23am On Oct 20, 2016
Yusuf Alli,

DETAINED former Minister of State (Defence) Musiliu Obanikoro yesterday made more revelations on how the N4.745billion wired to a company linked to him by the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA) was shared.

The money comprised N4.685billon transferred to Sylva McNamara Limited and N60million ($5.77m) cash personally given to Ekiti State Governor Ayo Fayose by the ex-Minister.

Fayose issued a statement yesterday, saying Obanikoro’s return from overseas was planned to nail him. He did not deny receiving money from the former minister.

Obanikoro told Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) detectives that N3.880billion was allocated to Fayose and Sen. Iyiola Omisore out of the cash.

He also said he handed over $5.377m cash to Fayose at Spotless Hotel, Ado-Ekiti in the presence of the former Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the state, Dr. Tope Aluko, and other party stalwarts.

He reportedly demonstrated how Fayose collected the cash and put it “in the room next to where we were seated”.

The ex-minister, who made the disclosures during another round of grilling, said there were heaps of bank transfers to buttress his statement.

He said: “Out of N4.685billon transferred to Sylva McNamara Limited, N3.880billion was transferred to both Ayodele Fayose and Senator Omisore through cash and bank transfers.

“The dollars contents were handed over to Fayose personally by me in the presence of some party leaders and he collected it and took it to the room next to where we were all seated.

“The location where I gave the dollars to him is called Spotless Hotel, Ado-Ekiti. One of the party leaders that was present is Dr. Tope Aluko, who was then the secretary of our party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

“I transferred N1.7 billion to Omisore. The money was paid into his account and companies nominated by him. He gave the list of companies for the transfer of the N1.7billion that was released by the NSA to him.

“The funds were therefore transferred as prescribed by Omisore in full. That is to the account of the companies he provided. Details can be obtained from the bank that transferred the money.

“I, Musiliu Obanikoro, did not buy or sell any landed property from Sen. Omisore. The National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd) did not disclose to me what the funds were meant for and neither did I ask or I did not know the source of the funds.”

The former Minister however claimed that the balance of N785milion was used to wage war against Boko Haram in Lagos.

He added: “The balance of N785milion was used to prosecute the following: 1. procurement of souvenirs for the promotion of anti-Boko Haram insurgency in Lagos; 2. N200million for surveillance activities; 3. N200million and other remaining funds were for operations managed by Taiwo Kareem.

“Taiwo Kareem impressed the former NSA with his management of pre and post-election funds. To God be the glory, the two elections were carried out without any loss of life

“When bomb blast occurred in Lagos on the 25th of June 2014, the NSA was disturbed and told me of his commitment to ensure that such doesn’t reoccur.

“He expressed the grave consequence that the reoccurrence will have not only on Lagos but the economy of the entire country. He emphasized the need for local input to complement the activities of security agencies. This is how Sylvan McNamara was introduced.”

The EFCC obtained yesterday a court warrant to detain Obanikoro.

The anti-graft agency has also seized his passport to restrict his movement to the country.

A source said: “We have a valid warrant from the court to detain the ex-minister pending the conclusion of his interrogation by our team. He has a lot to tell us and we are keeping him in safe custody with comfort to enable him respond to the issues we have isolated for him.

“We have also seized his passport to restrict his movement to the country pending the conclusion of the ongoing probe.”

Aluko is believed to have made a statement to the EFCC.

Aluko had last year claimed that Obanikoro and Fayose clashed when the money ferried to Akure Airport was short of N80million.

He said: “The Presidency gave us security and money; the money was sent from a Diamond Bank branch through an account run by Sylvan MacNamara, a company owned by Obanikoro.

“My boss (Fayose) said he wanted to get his own in cash and that was why such a huge amount was ferried by plane. Obanikoro cannot claim not to have brought the money.

“He (Fayose) chose his man, Abiodun Agbele, to keep the money in a bank account. The transaction was not recorded and it got to a stage when it was discovered that the money was short by N80 million.

“This caused a crisis between Fayose and Obanikoro, who brought the money. He (Obanikoro) brought other things, apart from money, which I won’t disclose now..

”The cash carried in the plane was not entered into the manifest. It was delivered to a bank at 4.30 am in Ekiti. The remaining from the cash received for the election was used to buy a house in Abuja and the house belongs to Fayose.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/fayose-omisore-got-n3-8b-arms-cash-says-obanikoro/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose, Omisore Got N3.8b Arms Cash, Says Obanikoro by Nobody: 5:24am On Oct 20, 2016
undecided
Re: Fayose, Omisore Got N3.8b Arms Cash, Says Obanikoro by tafabaloo(m): 5:30am On Oct 20, 2016
Ok
Re: Fayose, Omisore Got N3.8b Arms Cash, Says Obanikoro by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:32am On Oct 20, 2016
Souvenirs 200million grin

Money I can use to build 40mini flats in Lokoja grin

Good Morning cool

#IStandWithSamDaddy

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose, Omisore Got N3.8b Arms Cash, Says Obanikoro by blackpanda: 5:49am On Oct 20, 2016
Once again the useless murmuring of the mumu wailers have been slapped with another shameful confession. Wasnt it this same obanikoro that threatened fire and brimstone that efcc was lieing against him The only reason the slowpoke came back is because US threatened to throw him back to answer his case. There is no hiding place for thieves!

150 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Fayose, Omisore Got N3.8b Arms Cash, Says Obanikoro by chubbyG(m): 5:49am On Oct 20, 2016
keep the ball rolling Obanikoro No rest for the wicked.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose, Omisore Got N3.8b Arms Cash, Says Obanikoro by tunde1200(m): 6:07am On Oct 20, 2016
We are in trouble with stake holders and fayose of all.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose, Omisore Got N3.8b Arms Cash, Says Obanikoro by jaybee3(m): 6:07am On Oct 20, 2016
GEJ still remains their hero

Bunch of morons!!!

151 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Fayose, Omisore Got N3.8b Arms Cash, Says Obanikoro by tunde1200(m): 6:08am On Oct 20, 2016
chubbyG:
keep the ball rolling Obanikoro
No rest for the wicked.

Amin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose, Omisore Got N3.8b Arms Cash, Says Obanikoro by tunde1200(m): 6:10am On Oct 20, 2016
GEJ remains their hero grin

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fayose, Omisore Got N3.8b Arms Cash, Says Obanikoro by Moreoffaith(m): 6:14am On Oct 20, 2016
Fayose my man grin grin grin where are those crew abeg, I wan see una here o.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose, Omisore Got N3.8b Arms Cash, Says Obanikoro by jaybee3(m): 6:16am On Oct 20, 2016
Fayose the crook even kept a large % of the illegally sourced allocated funds for the ekiti state gubernatorial election for himself using Agbele

The atrocities our politicians perpetrate is mind boggling

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose, Omisore Got N3.8b Arms Cash, Says Obanikoro by Nobody: 6:18am On Oct 20, 2016
I am liking this Obanikori of a guy grin grin

Keeping my fingers crossed

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose, Omisore Got N3.8b Arms Cash, Says Obanikoro by alienvirus: 6:20am On Oct 20, 2016
Goddamnfayose. Goddamnobanikoro.
Goddamngej.

I wish i could get an anti aircraft grenade to rip off the heads of these eediots.

Come on. These guys ruined the country.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose, Omisore Got N3.8b Arms Cash, Says Obanikoro by gokay11(m): 6:33am On Oct 20, 2016
These people are wicked

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose, Omisore Got N3.8b Arms Cash, Says Obanikoro by aieromon(m): 6:53am On Oct 20, 2016
This guy's album will be a hit. Obanikoro,keep on singing for the moment. You will have to refund the balance before EFCC will free you and your sons.

#785 million for Boko Haram in Lagos? grin grin

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose, Omisore Got N3.8b Arms Cash, Says Obanikoro by ezechueze(m): 6:53am On Oct 20, 2016
OK
Re: Fayose, Omisore Got N3.8b Arms Cash, Says Obanikoro by Progressive01(m): 7:14am On Oct 20, 2016
Obanikoro is unexpectedly singing like a canary, corroborating most of what has already been revealed by Kola Aluko. Now, it is their word against Fayose's.

I'm very sure he must have cut a good deal with EFCC, otherwise, his hitherto staunch impenetrable facade was what it was, just a facade.

This case is sure gonna be very interesting.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose, Omisore Got N3.8b Arms Cash, Says Obanikoro by BossKratos: 7:27am On Oct 20, 2016
We don hear....now kindly return our money!

Loot loving bastards!

angry

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose, Omisore Got N3.8b Arms Cash, Says Obanikoro by flokii: 8:00am On Oct 20, 2016
All thanks to GEJ their hero..

yet they can't show good roads or anything tangible they achieved... now expecting fashola (a yoruba man) to repair their bad roads.. Hate filled hypocritical bigots *spits

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fayose, Omisore Got N3.8b Arms Cash, Says Obanikoro by Justiceleague1: 8:04am On Oct 20, 2016
flokii:
All thanks to GEJ their hero..

yet they can't show good roads or anything tangible they achieved... now expecting fashola (a yoruba man) to repair their bad roads.. Hate filled hypocritical bigots *spits
the last time we checked obanikoro,fayose and omisore are yoruba men,abi dem be greek?
see as ur spits dey smell.. grin

efcc is now a rogue nation

9 Likes

Re: Fayose, Omisore Got N3.8b Arms Cash, Says Obanikoro by tuniski: 9:08am On Oct 20, 2016
jaybee3:
Fayose the crook even kept a large % of the illegally sourced allocated funds for the ekiti state gubernatorial election for himself using Agbele

The atrocities our politicians perpetrate is mind boggling
Was buhari campaign money legally sourced? All of them did same, this probe of pdp campaign money will lead nowhere. luckily 2019 is near perhaps APC will do juju to get money!

3 Likes

Re: Fayose, Omisore Got N3.8b Arms Cash, Says Obanikoro by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 10:14am On Oct 20, 2016
tuniski:

Was buhari campaign money legally sourced? All of them did same, this probe of pdp campaign money will lead nowhere. luckily 2019 is near perhaps APC will do juju to get money!

Shut the Bleep up, OMG which kind human being be this self, If i were to be one of you family i will order for your obituary.

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose, Omisore Got N3.8b Arms Cash, Says Obanikoro by Marv650(m): 11:22am On Oct 20, 2016
Where my share.

1 Like

Re: Fayose, Omisore Got N3.8b Arms Cash, Says Obanikoro by holuwatobhy(m): 11:23am On Oct 20, 2016
abuayman:
I am liking this Obanikori of a guy grin grin

Keeping my fingers crossed
OK continue.
Re: Fayose, Omisore Got N3.8b Arms Cash, Says Obanikoro by Marv650(m): 11:23am On Oct 20, 2016
All this posts are useless as anything, get us a solution to this present problem and lets discuss something else.

2 Likes

Re: Fayose, Omisore Got N3.8b Arms Cash, Says Obanikoro by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 20, 2016
May God never allow us have this type of lame and useless leadership of PDP in this country again

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fayose, Omisore Got N3.8b Arms Cash, Says Obanikoro by Thisis2raw(m): 11:25am On Oct 20, 2016
I'll take this corruption fight serious when I see people like Ameachi been persecuted

3 Likes

Re: Fayose, Omisore Got N3.8b Arms Cash, Says Obanikoro by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 20, 2016
lol keep stealing the money, my mind is set on leaving this country, it's just frustrating, no lessons learned, the way we are going we can't last long

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose, Omisore Got N3.8b Arms Cash, Says Obanikoro by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 20, 2016
I'm way tired of news like this... How many of them are in jail already?

4 Likes

Re: Fayose, Omisore Got N3.8b Arms Cash, Says Obanikoro by MadCow1: 11:26am On Oct 20, 2016
Ghen Ghen

1 Like

Re: Fayose, Omisore Got N3.8b Arms Cash, Says Obanikoro by johnstar(m): 11:27am On Oct 20, 2016
Vanity

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Scores Of Boko Haram Members Feared Dead In Battle With Troops / Edo: How plot to give Obaseki soft landing failed / $2.3bn Siemens Power Project Transformers, Substations Arrive Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.