Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC (38132 Views)

Folashade Tinubu-Ojo And MC Oluomo Get FG Appointments / N10m Donation: Magu Tackles Ganduje, Says EFCC Does Not Accept Donations From Go / Femi Fani-Kayode: "Rotimi Amaechi Owns The $43m Found In Ikoyi Flat" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by nurex01(m): 5:31pm On May 05, 2017
Ramon Oladimeji

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on Friday named Mrs. Folashade Oke as the owner of Flat 7B, No. 13, Osborne Road, Osborne Towers, Ikoyi, Lagos, where the sums of $43,449,947, £27,800 and N23, 218,000 were recently recovered by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

Mrs. Oke is the wife of the suspended Director General of the National Intelligence Agency, Amb. Ayo Oke, whose agency had laid claim to the money.

According to the EFCC, Mrs. Oke made a cash payment of $1.658m for the purchase of the flat between August 25 and September 3, 2015.

She was said to have purchased the property in the name of a company, Chobe Ventures Limited, to which she and her son, Master Ayodele Oke Junior, were directors.

Payment for the purchase of the flat was said to have been made to one Fine and Country Limited.

The EFCC stated that Mrs. Oke made the cash payment in tranches of $700,000, $650,000 and $353,700 to a Bureau de Change company, Sulah Petroleum and Gas Limited, which later converted the sums into N360,000,000 and subsequently paid it to Fine and Country Limited for the purchase of the property.

The EFCC on Friday tendered the receipt issued by Fine and Country Limited to Chobe Ventures Limited as an exhibit before the Federal High Court in Lagos, where it is seeking an order of final forfeiture of the recovered money to the Federal Government.

“The circumstances leading to the discovery of the huge sums stockpiled in Flat 7B, Osborne Towers leaves no one in doubt that the act was pursuant to an unlawful activity.

http://punchng.com/suspended-nia-boss-wife-bought-ikoyi-flat-with-1-6m-cash-says-efcc/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by SalamRushdie: 5:35pm On May 05, 2017
Yet Mr Oke will make us believe it's an NIA safe house

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by weingeorge(m): 5:38pm On May 05, 2017
$1.6mil shocked shocked shocked shocked

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by crackerspub: 5:39pm On May 05, 2017
Story for the gods

At the end will be bailed and released

Mention one polithiefian them arrest, prosecuted and jailed, just one

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by Nobody: 5:41pm On May 05, 2017
The more you look, the less you see.

Nigeria is a joke

20 Likes

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by benedictnsi(m): 5:41pm On May 05, 2017
Yeessuu!!! Somebody Pls help me convert this money in Naira Abeg... This our country Don spoil finish...... Please where are the British colonial masters Recolonise this country

And this time.... Remove some parts from being part of this zoo

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by alizma: 5:44pm On May 05, 2017
Where are those 3-parrot, Wike, Fayose and FFK?

And for those of you calling Ameachi a thief that is being protected by APC factor, you need to re-examine your brain and ask why has it been difficult for Wike as a sitting governor and an opposition to come up with concrete evidence to nail him?
Unfortunately for the wailers, they say Tinubu is another big thief in charge of Lagos but Lagos is working more than any other state in Nigeria.

167 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by Gravas(m): 5:44pm On May 05, 2017
$1.6M was converted to N360,000 000! Just look at that figure.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by NgeneUkwenu(f): 5:45pm On May 05, 2017
So Amaechi is not the owner after all?

I pity Wike!

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by Toketimt: 6:02pm On May 05, 2017
alizma:
Where are those 3-parrot, Wike, Fayose and FFK?

U mean those hopeless Bastards right? grin grin grin

114 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by tinsel: 6:04pm On May 05, 2017
Gravas:
Research to find out exchange between august to September 2015.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by Mophasa(m): 6:15pm On May 05, 2017
Thieves

3 Likes

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:31pm On May 05, 2017
Gravas:

My thought exactly.... BS story, as usual

4 Likes

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by farihafaheemah(m): 6:42pm On May 05, 2017
Since the efcc was able to trace the owner of the flat, let court case begin. The woman shlld tell us where does she get such huge money to buy the apartment. Also she shld give details of what she knows abt the money that was discover on that apartment.

23 Likes

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by juman(m): 6:44pm On May 05, 2017
The story of the money is upside down.

It deliberate like that by apc.

11 Likes

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by vedaxcool(m): 6:49pm On May 05, 2017
Another disgrace brought to you by Jonathan... oke groomed in the art of stealing at the expense of national security.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by 989900: 6:59pm On May 05, 2017
Chisos! shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by 989900: 7:01pm On May 05, 2017
Gravas:
[s]$1.6M was converted to N360,000 000! Just look at that figure.[/s]

5 Likes

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by Jaabioro(m): 7:16pm On May 05, 2017
If corruption to be taken as courses, the research team should start from Nigeria.Take some our past and present politicians as a case study, when it's time for her students project most of the question for the students should be microscopic study of corruption in Nigeria ...I have lost hope 9ja of been redeemed from her corrupted way life ..

21 Likes

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by nurex01(m): 7:32pm On May 05, 2017
Jaabioro:
If corruption to be taken as courses, the research team should start from Nigeria.Take some our past and present politicians as a case study, when it's time for her students project most of the question for the students should be microscopic study of corruption in Nigeria ...I have lost hope 9ja of been redeemed from her corrupted way life ..
Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 05, 2017
why isnt the purchase of the flat made under NIA? why is it with the name of the wife of the DG if it truly belongs to NIA? Mr & Mrs oke stole govt funds and are trying to drag the NIA into it as an alibi. you both are going down

34 Likes

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by tolugar: 8:08pm On May 05, 2017
Couldn't hold back tears as I was reading that

$1.6m in cash. $$$$ ooooo

Jesus answer my call even if it's 5seconds

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by SillyMods: 8:14pm On May 05, 2017
Jonathan was a fool. He's still a fool. And he will forever remain a fool.

Make im fellow docile buffoons come beat me. I dey my house dey wait them.

69 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by Bolognese: 8:43pm On May 05, 2017
What was exchange rate in August/September 2015
MrBrownJay1:

My thought exactly.... BS story, as usual

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by Nobody: 9:45pm On May 05, 2017
Why did the EFCC reveal the identity of the person in whose name the property was purchased? Don't they know it is a breach of "national security"?! smiley smiley The money was set aside by the FGN for a top secret operation to overthrow the North Korean Supreme leader. Clowns.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 05, 2017
I thought they said Nigeria cannot survive with NIA, it looks like reverse is the case because these corrupt govt. officials cannot survive without Nigeria to feed off of and drain her life force. God help us all.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by oatzeal(m): 10:04pm On May 05, 2017
Thief

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by Lusola15: 10:04pm On May 05, 2017
Is that so, not only should she be arrested the person who collected the cash should be arrested and charged.

I weep not for myself but the Generation Unborn embarassed embarassed I wish them luck cos they will need it more than we do

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by dfrost: 10:05pm On May 05, 2017
A storm is coming...
Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by bignero: 10:05pm On May 05, 2017
angry
Re: Folashade Oke Bought Ikoyi Flat With $1.6m Cash, Says EFCC by dfrost: 10:06pm On May 05, 2017
SillyMods:
Jonathan was a fool. He's still a fool. And he will forever remain a fool.

Make im fellow docile buffoons come beat me. I dey my house dey wait them.

Bros you dey vex? cheesy grin

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

6 Reasons You Should Never Demand For Nigeria To Break Up / Homosexuality Rises In Nigeria Few Days Into Biden’s Presidency / Dr Saraki On A Visit To Governor Okorocha (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.