Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill (26072 Views)

South East Development Commission Bill Excites Lawmakers (Photos) / Bill To Create South East Development Commission Fails / There’s A Gang-up To Kill South-east Commission Bill – Deputy Minority Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill by middlebelter(m): 11:23pm On Oct 25, 2016
[b][i][/i]
Am from the political north but I certainly disagree with this bill.
If the leaders from NE after taking their fair share of national cake, expects the other parts of the country to make further sacrifice for their failure of leadership, and the national assembly blindly approves it, then Nigeria is indeed sitting on a time bomb!
After the civil war, did Nigeria set up any commission to rebuild SE. Lagos State that is accommodating Nigerian from all the 774 LGA in this country and has provided a secure environment that Nigerian can proudly identify with irrespective of tribe and religion is being denied special status just to maintain the decaying infrastructure because some legislature from certain part of the country feels Lagos is a Yoruba man business? Then we should be more prepared for more serious self inflicted internal crisis than Boko Haram.
Yes, NE deserves help, in particular our brethren that are direct victims of Boko Haram attack. However, the approach is completely wrong. You can rob Peter to pay Paul. When the government in Northern Nigeria neglected education, and decided to put jet their allocations, the indirect consequence is Boko Haram.
If this bill is allowed to flow, we shall be indirectly motivating future internal crisis. Please look for alternative means of funding the rebuilding of NE. For example, set up a fund raising body, invite local and foreign donors, corporate and individual, regional bodies like Ecowas, Commonwealth, OPEC, Organisation of Islamic Countries, etc to come and donate, share experience etc.
Please don't pass the bill, otherwise, be ready to pass another of such bill for MASSOB, OPC, Plateau, Agatu in Venue state etc. I have spoken my mind as a concerned Nigerian. [/b][img][/img][color=#550000][/color]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill by badrobot77: 11:24pm On Oct 25, 2016
Typical proud for having nothing mentality.North will always be at the summit. Dont worry south West will correct their error in 2019 and you will realize you don't won Nigeria..

Justdulla:

Thank God you just made your true intention known. I didn't bother reading your write up cos its always littered with trash. Meanwhile when the NDDC was formed, ba kwome, when they handed SS Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs, ba kwome, Derivation fumd, no problem. Now the Federal government is trying to rebuild a war ravaged region and your here talking. Now using lagos as your guinea pig you blaady hypocrite. Keep hating, the North will always be at the Summit. Deal with it or escape to cameroun
Re: North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill by XaintJoel20: 11:27pm On Oct 25, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Ride on Sir
Thanks billion.
Re: North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill by Amah70: 11:41pm On Oct 25, 2016
[quote author=TonyeBarcanista post=50449538]Few days ago, the Nigeria Senate passed a bill establishing the North-East Development Commission (NEDC). The proposed NEDC was meant to be an intervention agency that will facilitate the rebuilding of the North-eastern part of the country that was revaged by Boko Haram. While, I am not against rebuilding of the region, I am against the establishment of a commission to be funded by the people of Nigeria.

I am in shock that forty-seven Senators from the seventeen states in the southern part of Nigeria would assent to such unpatriotic bill that only favors the elite of a section of the country. I am also at loss with words that these same Senators joined their northern counterparts to oppose and reject the bill to grant Lagos a special status but saw nothing amiss in the so-called North East development commission.

NEDC Bill, An Unpatriotic Bill
The NEDC bill is the most unpatriotic bill since the advent of our democracy. Why should 3% of the Nation's VAT revenue be channeled to just Northeast alone? Is the Northeast the only part of Nigeria that has witnessed insurrection and destruction in this country? Was there Eastern Development Commission (or South East Development Commission) after the civil war to rebuild the region that hosted the bloody confrontation between the separatist led by Ikemba Ojukwu and Nigeria State that lasted for three years and destroyed several infrastructures? Why is there no North-Central Development Commission to rebuild the region ravaged by those terrorists hiding as Fulani herdsmen?

Is it not ridiculous that the Senate is telling the Nigeria State and Nigerians to bear the responsibility of fending for the Northeast when the so-called Boko Haram could be traced to failure of the elites from the Northeast region to instill social responsibility on their young ones? Why should the South not enjoy special privileges considering that they are the people that chun out most of our revenue? Why should the Northeast, whose contribution to the federal purse is almost non-existent still enjoy 3% of VAT from the South as well as their regular allocation?

This proposed NEDC is the height of irresponsibility and unpatriotism.

Who Allowed Boko Haram Activities To Fester?
I believe Nigerians must be informed on what transpired with respect to the efforts of the past administration to curb Boko-Haram. When the Army led by Gen Ihejirika confronted the terrorists in Baga, in April 2013, the Northeastern elders and elite came out to "condemn the army" for killing their people, and even petitioned Amnesty International, crying genocide. In May 2013 when President Goodluck Jonathan declared State of Emergency (SOE) on the areas affected by Boko Haram, the same Northeastern elite condemned the declaration. The next month, June 2013 when the government of Jonathan proscribed Boko Haram, and officially declared it a terrorist organisation, the North, faulted the move. Specifically, the Arewa Consultative Forum, Northern Youth Consultative Forum, and Northern Elders Forum faulted it. In July 2013, when the United Kingdom officially proscribed Boko Haram, non of these Northern elite were happy with the move. When the USA in November 2013 followed the step of the UK, the same Northern elite were nowhere to hail the move. So who allowed the BH activities to linger and cause so much damage? If they had cooperated perhaps Boko Haram would have been decimated before causing much damage.

I Am Not Against Northeast Development But...
If the Northeast in their wisdom believe that it is time to rebuild their region, why can't they pull resources together to do so just like the governors of the then southeast did in rebuilding their region after the "uncivil" war? Why should they still expect 3% of our lean resources to take care of a problem that they (Northern elite) encouraged? Money that isn't enough to take care of the needs of the people bringing the resources.

I am not against rebuilding the Northeast, but I am against robbing Peter to pay Ibrahim. You can't continue to reject Lagos bid for 1% revenue despite being the highest contributor to our VAT; Niger Delta bid for resource control and increment in oil derivative, despite being the producer of the revenue, and then turn around to reward Northeast with 3% of our VAT despite the fact that their problem was self-inflicted and they contribute nothing significant to the national purse.

In fact, the northeast should rather be grateful to their southern counterpart for helping them fund the resources to prosecute the insurgency at the expense of capital development, as well as the continuous allocation they receive every month. They should not bother to get more than these.

The House Must Kill The Bill...
While it is unfortunate that the Senate threw patriotism out of the window to pass the NEDC bill with our own representatives down south playing the unfortunate role of willing tool. Thank God that the House of Representative is yet to decide on the proposed bill.

I believe that for the sake of patriotism and National interest, the House, specifically the contingents from the South must stand against this bill in its entirety. Doing otherwise will be interpreted as a complete sellout and betrayal of trust by our representatives.

If the northeast want to be rebuilt, they should by themselves pay the sacrifice by using their own resources to fix their mistake or they should seek funds elsewhere.

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria ]

. No cry. Any law north wants passed in the legislature sails.

Southsouth people who travelled to Kaduna in 1967 and begged north to cut southsouth off from Biafra shot the region and themselves on the foot.

Because of political over-representation of northern Nigeria which north draws from the whooping number of twenty states created in one northern region by northrrn Nigeria soldiers from 1967 to 1996, politicians from the south of Nigeria are meant to lick the asse of northern politicians.

Blame your Ijaw's Diete Spiff with other elders from the minority groups in the old eastern region who trooped to Kaduna in 1967 when Biafra was declared and prayed the former northern Nigeria governor, Hassan Katsina, to beg HoS, Yakubu Gowon, to carve out the minorities from Biafra. Shortly after the trip, Cross Rivers and Rivers states were created and carved out from Biafra. Biafra failed from there. Diette Spiff became governor of Rivers state and built the landmark Liberation Stadium, Portharcout, to signify his Liberation from tge Igbo.
But little did it occur to those leaders of southsouth that it is easiest for southsouth to get whatever the southsouth wants, including Nigerdelta, or Ijaw, Efik, Ogoni, etc., Republic or Resource Control or Fiscal Federalism from Biafra, than get something tangible from huge Nigeria.

Today, despite the reality that those who travelled to Kaduna to ask to be cut off from Biafra shot the entire southsouth on the feet, there are still some southsouth people who do not understand that it's easiest for them to extract any agreement from Biafra than they can ever dream of in one Nigeria..

6 Likes

Re: North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill by ademusiwa2io: 11:54pm On Oct 25, 2016
[size=28pt]
first of all there is nothing call north east.

chad basic.. The area is the chad basic. they have separated it from the north already. people still on calling it North. It is the chad basic area.

You people should call it chad basic to isolate the problem to the area. that way, it does not spread to other part .. Just that area.

I have said, they should come and get me, instead mr osibanjo is busy with collecting contract..
everyday mr osibanjo is attending FEC meeting because he want to collect contract. is that how to solve a problem. It show no love for others.

and they are going about telling lies to people. that I am in the usa, germany, london, china. while army and people are been displace and people been killed.

I am in mississauga, canada,

I have a solution to the problem. before thing, nonsense get out of hand.

[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fRJVypgUNU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntELb-tdHXc
Re: North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:58pm On Oct 25, 2016
Amah70:
. No cry. Any law north wants passed in the legislature sails.
Southsouth people who travelled to Kaduna in 1967 and begged north to cut southsouth off from Biafra shot the region and themselves on the foot.
Because of political over-representation of northern Nigeria which north draws from the whooping number of twenty states created in one northern region by northrrn Nigeria soldiers from 1967 to 1996, politicians from the south of Nigeria are meant to lick the asse of northern politicians.
Blame your Ijaw's Diete Spiff with other elders from the minority groups in the old eastern region who trooped to Kaduna in 1967 when Biafra was declared and prayed the former northern Nigeria governor, Hassan Katsina, to beg HoS, Yakubu Gowon, to carve out the minorities from Biafra. Shortly after the trip, Cross Rivers and Rivers states were created and carved out from Biafra. Biafra failed from there. Diette Spiff became governor of Rivers state and built the landmark Liberation Stadium, Portharcout, to signify his Liberation from tge Igbo.
But little did it occur to those leaders of southsouth that it is easiest for southsouth to get whatever the southsouth wants, including Nigerdelta, or Ijaw, Efik, Ogoni, etc., Republic or Resource Control or Fiscal Federalism from Biafra, than get something tangible from huge Nigeria.
Today, despite the reality that those who travelled to Kaduna to ask to be cut off from Biafra shot the entire southsouth on the feet, there are still some southsouth people who do not understand that it's easiest for them to extract any agreement from Biafra than they can ever dream of in one Nigeria..
Oga go and sit down biko. We, the good people of South South have our own interest. Decision to create RIVERS STATE and CRS was a product of agitation that preexisted the so called bia.. whatever. This is not a Biafra thread BTW....
Re: North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill by dEastActivist: 12:00am On Oct 26, 2016
kogi2010:
naija my country were r we heading to? ibo against Hausa n Yoruba, Muslims and Christians not in good terms, pop against apc, dollar over naira, lord have mercy

Please replace ijaw with Igbo. This is their hand work.. Don't dare drag Igbo into it as you can see the Igbos are against this thread which is binder with duo envy and hatred for the hausa.

4 Likes

Re: North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill by NasNation(m): 12:02am On Oct 26, 2016
Bros hw e take concern u nau, na ur money?? shocked angry
Re: North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill by dEastActivist: 12:03am On Oct 26, 2016
ettybaba:

An ibo senator spoke against the a bill sponsored by Remi Tinubu to give Lagos special recognition 2 weeks ago.

Who is the Igbo senator? BC I will like to know him and congratulate him if is true.
Now the main question is this, why the Lagos special recognition? what for?? And what does it represent?

3 Likes

Re: North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill by dEastActivist: 12:06am On Oct 26, 2016
Princedapace:

Guy.. stop being blind.. here ND feeds this country and has the right to have any resource allocated to it.. NE generates nothing..

Hausas have always been parasite.. they generate nothing much to this country.. e dey pain me sey my hard earned money will be used to build a region that fought becus of religion.. can u imagine? Some people regrouped a religious backward group to molest an administration and u want me to pay for that... are u okay?

As if these guys will stop bombing them selves... I swear.. i wish I can stop paying tax to this country.. ND fought for resource control.. u cant compare ND struggle with struggle from some set of people who want to make a nigeria an islamic caliphate.. a religion that wana kill to convert.. people who believe in suicide bombing... U want me to pay for their foolishness? That bill will never see the light

Igbos are part of nigerdelta and are not complaining, is it not right for you to investigate and find out who is behind this and for what purpose.

1 Like

Re: North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill by dEastActivist: 12:07am On Oct 26, 2016
timeman:
Neither of the two regions deserves a development commission 'cos they rebelled against the people of Nigeria.
kiss the truth!
What about NDDC which was given to the SS even after rebelling against FG through militancy?
Your view is flawed but
Why are you a hypocritical tribal bigot?

3 Likes

Re: North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill by Amah70: 12:08am On Oct 26, 2016
To cut long story above short, the wrong use of landmass as yard stick by northern soldiers to proliferate 20 new federal units in once one northern region, but allowing only seventeen new federal units in the two former southern regions, that makes the northern region draw undue political over-representation from the twenty states. Three senators are drawn equally from each of the 36 states. It's more or less like that for the HoR.
So any laws that are of critical importance to northern politicians must pass through in Nigeria's National Assembly. Southsouth leaders inititiated creation of states in Nigeria. Arewa exploited it,

Even a law to quash the 13% paid to oil producing areas from derivation can sail through in the NASS under Buhari presidency. Northern politicians have been grumbling over the 13% paid from derivation. According to them, it makes some states richer than others. Laughable. In other words, all states must grow on the same pace shocked cool cool cool cool cool. Alarming reasons from the north. God bless one Nigeria for you.

3 Likes

Re: North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill by Akpan107(m): 12:09am On Oct 26, 2016
richidinho:
Nigeria expired since 2015

Give abokii all the govt allocation, almajiri will still be roaming about in the region
Nigeria was amalgamated in 1914, so one Nigeria expired 2014.

1 Like

Re: North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill by Odimson69: 12:12am On Oct 26, 2016
Please let them first tell us what they want to repay.is it the burnt churches or human beings killed or the park where they burnt Igbo buses.do they want to compensate the southern properties burnt.God will forgive buhari and his northern agenda
Re: North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill by Udmaster(m): 12:14am On Oct 26, 2016
By 2019, it will be increased from 3% to 10%. I love it.

1 Like

Re: North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill by Amah70: 12:23am On Oct 26, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Oga go and sit down biko. We, the good people of South South have our own interest. Decision to create RIVERS STATE and CRS was a product of agitation that preexisted the so called bia.. whatever. This is not a Biafra thread BTW....

What is your own interest? Don't say "we in the southsouth" because you represent nobody in the southsouth except your own belle's interest.

Is your interest not only collecting payoffs, get landed property in Abuja to support the separation of southsouth from the southeast so that both groups will remain smaller and easily divided, conquered and ruled by rest of Nigeria?
Stop bleating over what narrow minded southsouth people like you caused, as they were not able in 1967 to understand that it is easiest to get what one wants from one group, than get what one wants from over three hundred groups with diverse interests.
Enjoy your payoffs or wake up from slumber.

3 Likes

Re: North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill by ArcIbrahim38(m): 12:26am On Oct 26, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

The reason Kwankwaso added "Plateau state" was simply to give legitimacy to his Kano state. It is all about the Northern elite ploy to get more from the Nigeria State.

They are good politically because they only empower puppets and dummies from our region(South) into positions that will strictly adhere to their bidding.

This NEDC must not be allowed to see the light of day.

it wasn't kwankwaso the suggest the inclusion of plateau state, it was sen marafa from zamfara state, please have your facts before talking.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill by meccuno: 12:29am On Oct 26, 2016
MONITZ:

And wat is the contribution of the North eastern part of the country to the federal purse if I may ask since u ve decided to juxtapose N. E. D. C with N. D. D. C, let me give u some hints; VAT collection (almost zero for north east) while only Lagos generates a minimum of about 80% of the country's VAT ,also mineral resources ( zero for the North east as well, though there might be some prospects bt no exploitation that I know of yet),while the south southern part of the country contributes a huge chunk of the country's wealth. "From whom much is taken, much is given back" is a common saying .

If we were practising true federalism, many northern states won't be able to fend for themselves and would definitely go bankrupt just like the state of Illinois is experiencing presently.

The North is always tardy and inimical to the progress of the country as a whole, they re parasites ,to put it more succinctly and this is the major reason u guys don't want genuine federalism in Nigeria,bt we definitely can't continue like this forever, we will break this yoke thrust upon us by the British at the appropriate time.

The imbalance is just too glaringly glaring, to highlight this, take a look at the old Kano and Lagos states that were created at about the same time ,two more states ve since been carved out of the old Kano thus making it ve about 70 Local government areas,if it was still a single state while Lagos still has the the same initial 20 L. G. A , minus the L. C. D. A's that Tinubu stubbornly created and which drew the ire of O. B. J and which made him seize Lagos state's allocation until Yaradua came in and cleared the backlog,now where in the world will u see this kind of injustice if not Nigeria because at the end of the day wen allocations will be given, the old Kano will differently be getting higher allocations because it has more L. G. A's than Lagos and this was wat Tinubu tried to correct by creating more L. C. D. A's before Obasanjo became a dog in the manger. U guys think u own this country and everything therein, u re making a very big mistake as the tide will surely turn someday because we can't just continue like this.

True federalism is the only way out of this logjam so that every component can develop at her pace and pay taxes to the central government just like it should be done.
Re: North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill by meccuno: 12:32am On Oct 26, 2016
ImperialYoruba:
Tonyebarcanista,
The best approach to break power in the North is what Yorubas have been doing silently until it was unveiled publicly recently.

There is no unity in North. There is more minority population distribution in the North than in the South. What the Northerners do is pay for patriotism. The Fulanis are suspicious of Hausas, they do not trust the Kanuris and despise the minorities but yet want to hold it all together and prevent a political common front that will oppose and displace the Fulani hegemony.

Lugard was the Governor General that amalgamated North and South, his first assignment was Governor of Northern Nigeria. He brought his power and authority from North to bear in the overall administration of the joint regions when he transitioned from Governor to Governor General. He had a style which was indirect rule. He approached the Emirs for consultation on policies that impacted public. Therefore when he left Kaduna for Lagos he did not stop getting advise and thoughts from the North, even on those policies that had nothing to do with North. He regarded them as more willing partners to cement Colonial power in Nigeria, opposed to those in South agitating for end of Colonial power. He was able to get the Emirs support and loyalty by a simple strategy. He promised to hold the gate of Christian missionary works closed and away from the Emirates. In exchange they partnered with him to make the governance of North smooth and seamless.

The Fulani Emirs are afraid of a competing faith and belief system to supplant and gain popularity in North. This is why they massacre people of Southern Kaduna, Bauchi, Plateau, Benue, Borno....and so on. They fear encroachment of Christianity. They kill off Christian men and boys and kidnap the young girls, force them into conversion and take ownership and call it irreversible. Lol.

Let's focus on how to disrupt and displace Fulani in North by raising and empowering a competitive political bloc that is under Fulani....but anti-Fulani.

They sense the increased agitation and know there is an underground force waiting to explode but they dont know where it will come from or when. This led into the hijack of bokoharam from a religious group and turned it into a terrorist group. In fact Murtala Nyako had a template of what happened and the strategy deployed in that transformation. He blamed it on Jonathan instead of accusing his people in Jalingo of sabotage. This also tie in with why they clamped down on Shiaa. There is a new brouhaha in Sokoto between Sunni and Izala,led by Gumi.

So the North is slowly imploding and we can help accelerate it.
Re: North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill by ArcIbrahim38(m): 12:33am On Oct 26, 2016
Sibrah:
Stop feigning stúpidíty. Did Nigerians destroy NE? You talk like the BH has changed mentality about Western system. SE deserves a develnpment commission 10,000,000 times more than the NE.
are you saying NE is 10000000 times more infrastructurally developed than SE
Re: North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill by ArcIbrahim38(m): 12:36am On Oct 26, 2016
WINNERMENTALITY:
.... U tramp... Come to south east around Oji river and see that South East were given nothing to rebuild their land.. I can see Boko haram was a conspiracy from the North to draw sympathy around Nigeria and the world... Everything is becoming clear to me... Boko haram did not do 1/4 of what Nigeria army did in South East and till today.. The 3r by Gowon has not been implemented.... I smell conspiracy... God pass them....

My Pray is for God to elevate Boko haram to Al-queada and Isis.. Whatever Bigger than Boko haram... Let them Bomb the whole North .. Demons

really this is what you pray for to befall us? thank you
Re: North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill by discusant: 12:41am On Oct 26, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
That so called NEDC is an aberration and a fraud to further give more to the north at the expense of the south.

After the fraud of scattering 20 states and hundreds of local councils in north, and from which north takes home more oil revenues than south.

Buhari is overambitious about his northern Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill by Papertrail11(m): 12:51am On Oct 26, 2016
richidinho:
Nigeria expired since 2015

Give abokii all the govt allocation, almajiri will still be roaming about in the region

I hqve as a matter of fact stopped givn my spare change to those fuckers called hause northern beggers why cos with the money they had why didnt they use it to set up something petty

was shocked asf when I went to the oshodi market tgose a few yrs agoand I saw a begger with all those labels saying im deaf and shit I gave him money some months later I saw him in another bust stop aruging with sowmone was like oh my lawd hardly can yu see large amount of beggers from the east and sw who cultivate the habit of begging as a profesion and dont want to use the proceeds to be productive.

2 Likes

Re: North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill by Papertrail11(m): 12:56am On Oct 26, 2016
Justdulla:

Thank God you just made your true intention known. I didn't bother reading your write up cos its always littered with trash. Meanwhile when the NDDC was formed, ba kwome, when they handed SS Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs, ba kwome, Derivation fumd, no problem. Now the Federal government is trying to rebuild a war ravaged region and your here talking. Now using lagos as your guinea pig you blaady hypocrite. Keep hating, the North will always be at the Summit. Deal with it or escape to cameroun

yur life go spoil bloody northerners
Re: North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill by Papertrail11(m): 1:00am On Oct 26, 2016
WINNERMENTALITY:
.... U tramp... Come to south east around Oji river and see that South East were given nothing to rebuild their land.. I can see Boko haram was a conspiracy from the North to draw sympathy around Nigeria and the world... Everything is becoming clear to me... Boko haram did not do 1/4 of what Nigeria army did in South East and till today.. The 3r by Gowon has not been implemented.... I smell conspiracy... God pass them....

My Pray is for God to elevate Boko haram to Al-queada and Isis.. Whatever Bigger than Boko haram... Let them Bomb the whole North .. Demons

bros I tuawale for yu post abeg yu sabi yu know wetin dey piss me off and why I have stoppd have pity on northerns boko haram members cos when boko pple say they are against western education and christains why kill their own muslim northerns and not even think of attacking the east and south west?

thats a billion dollar question you know

1 Like

Re: North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill by Sibrah: 1:11am On Oct 26, 2016
ArcIbrahim38:

are you saying NE is 10000000 times more infrastructurally developed than SE
The SE doesn't have to be 1 000 000 times better to deserve rebuilding 1 000 000 times more. It has been there for 46 yrs with rebuilding and the NE that has barely been peaceful or fully liberated is being prioritized above the SE.

1 Like

Re: North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill by timeman: 1:31am On Oct 26, 2016
dEastActivist:

What about NDDC which was given to the SS even after rebelling against FG through militancy?
Your view is flawed but
Why are you a hypocritical tribal bigot?
Tribal bigot my boxer!. The peculiarity of
SS(civil disobedience) is in no way comparable to both SE &NE(rebellion) by hundred poles. I repeat, any group of people trying to suppress a constituted authority deserves absolutely nothing. SS got a reasonable cause.
Kiss the truth!
Re: North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill by Earth2Metahuman: 1:37am On Oct 26, 2016
To think thsee fools killed special status for lagos like Abuja but wants a bill to develop north east..

Thunder fire them join book haram destruction.

Rebuilding north with collective WWaltham but not building lags detroyed by the almajiris and boko haram

The bill must not be allowed to pass no matter what.

Nonsense.
Re: North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill by dEastActivist: 1:39am On Oct 26, 2016
timeman:
Tribal bigot my boxer!. The peculiarity of
SS(civil disobedience) is in no way comparable to both SE &NE(rebellion) by hundred poles. I repeat, any group of people trying to suppress a constituted authority deserves absolutely nothing. SS got a reasonable cause.
Kiss the truth!

Oga, you are not being truthful here. I advise you stop fooling yourself...
But if you say and you are convincing yourself that the bombing of federal assets is not rebellion an act of sabotage but civil disobedience, then I owe you no explanation or apology for both your educational and objective reasoning decadence.

If you are wise you would have done a little research of what civil disobedience means and what rebellion means.

Now before exhibiting ignorance about the civil war, you can also as well check for what self determination means too which was the case if Biafra war that you mistook for rebellion.

3 Likes

Re: North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill by timeman: 2:21am On Oct 26, 2016
dEastActivist:

Oga, you are not being truthful here. I advise you stop fooling yourself...
But if you say and you are convincing yourself that the bombing of federal assets is not rebellion an act of sabotage but civil disobedience, then I owe you no explanation or apology for both your educational and objective reasoning decadence.

If you are wise you would have done a little research of what civil disobedience means and what rebellion means.

Now before exhibiting ignorance about the civil war, you can also as well check for what self determination means too which was the case if Biafra war that you mistook for rebellion.

you can't separate "intention(s)" from the determination of either/both civil disobedience or/and rebellion. The Intention of militancy is basically to influence government policies towards the development of the region, while that of both SE &NE was/is to suppress the whole system while undermining a constituted authority. Intention is a very critical determining factor.

The Biafran war was largely a rebellion rather than self determination. Self determination is achieved through constitutional means. It's too early for your jokes. I leave you to wallow in ignorance.
Obey the truth!

2 Likes

Re: North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill by tartar9(m): 2:24am On Oct 26, 2016
Are the so-called north-eastern elites the ones suffering? angry
Re: North East Development Commission Bill: An Unpatriotic And Unfortunate Bill by tartar9(m): 2:27am On Oct 26, 2016
dEastActivist:

BH was nothing like Biafra.

BH is a terrorist group. But I don't think a sane mind will utter this rubbish you posted.
But your biafra claimed 30X more lives sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Meet Precious Baridoo, Who Replaces Lulu Briggs In AP In Rivers Guber Elections / 9 Profs, 3 EFCC Lawyers, Fmr Gov, 49 Others Emerge Senior Advocates Of Nigeria / Why We Can’t Stop Non-nigerian Herdsmen – FG - VANGUARD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.