Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,647 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme - Jobs/Vacancies (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme (809115 Views)

2019 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Recruitment - Assessment Centre Notification / Recruitment For FirstBank Graduate Trainee Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Tigris007: 11:46am On Aug 31, 2017
undecided

Can I kindly chip in a word of advice for a moment?

1. I believe so much in God but permit me to say, from hindsight and understanding of human psychology that it is not ideal to publicise your faith with your words because you unnecessarily, seemingly put pressure on yourself and God. God works in mysterious ways, so you can't force him to act NOW with your words of faith. I did it for about 3 years but I failed even till this year until I understood the law of process

2. We overestimate success but underestimate the law of process...don't judge yourself by what your peers have achieved but on the path you are treading.

3. Whatever you are not willing to let go of, you may never get it...naturally.

4. Failure is a process, admit it and move ahead.

5. The corporate world is not university...please I can't emphasise this enough....watch your back.

6. Never call a competition a community project...this gives you perspective and helps you know the limit to which you can render help without putting yourself at an unnecessary disadvantage(I had to learn this by experience)...If anyone wants to guilt trip you, just remember the 10 virgins(matt25) and the great commandment.....

Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

With much love from First academy...Gloriosa Superba is the name.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by beshiman(m): 2:55pm On Aug 31, 2017
Tigris007:
undecided

1. I believe so much in God but permit me to say, from hindsight and understanding of human psychology that it is not ideal to publicise your faith with your words because you unnecessarily, seemingly put pressure on yourself and God. God works in mysterious ways, so you can't force him to act NOW with your words of faith. I did it for about 3 years but I failed even till this year until I understood the law of process

2. We overestimate success but underestimate the law of process...don't judge yourself by what your peers have achieved but on the path you are treading.

5. The corporate world is not university...please I can't emphasise this enough....watch your back.

6. Never call a competition a community project...this gives you perspective and helps you know the limit to which you can render help without putting yourself at an unnecessary disadvantage(I had to learn this by experience)...If anyone wants to guilt trip you, just remember the 10 virgins(matt25) and the great commandment.....

Words of wisdom!

I love this piece!
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 31, 2017
Tigris007:
OBSERVATIONS CAVEAT EMPTOR(OBSERVATIONS NII OO)

1. The hcp lady keeps emphasising today is the last day. Same with the 2 f.b. staff.

2. Some people just got their mails around 2 yesterday...
so their names did not reflect on the register.

3. A means of I.d. that has your D.O.B. on it is the only acceptable I.d. So a birth certificate(surprisingly) would do.
4. Those who did from june to july were called.

5.I asked to know the fate of us other nairalanders(we are together) but she said life naa per head(summarily)

6.Questions are welcome.
Bad news but I do not accept it,believing totally in God
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Compass14: 4:02pm On Aug 31, 2017
Tigris007:
undecided

Hahahahahahahahaha....... Funny!
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Compass14: 4:16pm On Aug 31, 2017
To admit failure will be my last, even if they need one more candidate, who says it can't be me. Who is it that speak when God has not given his final verdict. To everyone awaiting AC or documentation mail. I say hold on.... Success is near.

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Tigris007: 4:26pm On Aug 31, 2017
andergirl:

Bad news but I do not accept it,believing totally in God
Amen...sincerely!
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Tigris007: 4:45pm On Aug 31, 2017
Compass14:
To admit failure will be my last, even if they need one more candidate, who says it can't be me. Who is it that speak when God has not given his final verdict. To everyone awaiting AC or documentation mail. I say hold on.... Success is near.

Amen....pls have hope but don't let it stifle you from seeking more opportunities...true hope is not limited to one opportunity, it is the certainty that in the end, all is well that ends well...cheers cool
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by shola87(f): 5:07pm On Aug 31, 2017
Tigris007:

1. The hcp lady keeps emphasising today is the last day. Same with the 2 f.b. staff.

3. A means of I.d. that has your D.O.B. on it is the only acceptable I.d. So a birth certificate(surprisingly) would do.

5.I asked to know the fate of us other nairalanders(we are together) but she said life naa per head(summarily)

6.Questions are welcome.

Can you give an estimate of how many of you guys did documentation during your session?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Tigris007: 8:50pm On Aug 31, 2017
shola87:

Can you give an estimate of how many of you guys did documentation during your session?

Apologies for the delayed reply, just.....

Yes I can grin thank you.

We were about a 100...abeg those who went, kindly confirm
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by oludayoJr(m): 9:25pm On Aug 31, 2017
In other news, heard First bank is presently sacking staffs in some part of the country, dunno maybe service executives or professionals o.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by oludayoJr(m): 9:30pm On Aug 31, 2017
oludayoJr:
In other news, heard First bank is presently sacking staffs in some part of the country, dunno maybe service executives or professionals o.
Like 9 from a particular branch I heard of!
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Compass14: 9:33pm On Aug 31, 2017
Tigris007:

Apologies for the delayed reply, just.....

Yes I can grin thank you.

We were about a 100...abeg those who went, kindly confirm
I heard the first phase had about 100 successful candidates in total.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Tydarl: 9:56pm On Aug 31, 2017

3 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nchabuomo: 10:32pm On Aug 31, 2017
Compass14:

On Wednesday in Abuja. We were about 8 overall, about 3 GTP the rest service executive

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by BigDealz: 7:46am On Sep 01, 2017
I would advice everyone, even if you felt you performed woefully, not to lose hope as regards call up for documentation. Even some who were super confident after the a/c were not invited for documentation. Wishing all fellow TS guys happy resumption in advance. Happy New Month...

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mayorchelsea(m): 8:31am On Sep 01, 2017
BigDealz:
I would advice everyone, even if you felt you performed woefully, not to lose hope as regards call up for documentation. Even some who were super confident after the a/c were not invited for documentation. Wishing all fellow TS guys happy resumption in advance. Happy New Month...
Exactly.Not everyone who has had documentation and medicals can super-confidently say they did excellently well during the assessment starting with me but God did it for us.People should just not lose hope and keep hoping they would get their own success mails too.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by adeinfinit(m): 9:00am On Sep 01, 2017
Tigris007:

6.Questions are welcome.

Pls, will a court affidavit with my DOB and stamped passport be accepted as a means of ID?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Onlywoman92: 9:44am On Sep 01, 2017
adeinfinit:

Pls, will a court affidavit with my DOB and stamped passport be accepted as a means of ID?

That cannot be guaranteed. Better to go with any of the IDs stated earlier. Did you get an invite for another day outside Wednesday and Thursday?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by adeinfinit(m): 10:00am On Sep 01, 2017
Onlywoman92:

That cannot be guaranteed. Better to go with any of the IDs stated earlier. Did you get an invite for another day outside Wednesday and Thursday?

No. I'm still on chill pill for AC. Just want to get everything ready for that stage
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Onlywoman92: 10:13am On Sep 01, 2017
adeinfinit:

No. I'm still on chill pill for AC. Just want to get everything ready for that stage

Pls go and get the latest NIMC slip pending when you will be called to avoid "e sa,excuse sa,actually sa" and the likes and there won't be stories that touch. Better still,you can get a passport or driver's licence before that time if you have enough funds. All the best!
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Tigris007: 10:27am On Sep 01, 2017
Compass14:

Good morning,

Those that did in lagos yesterday were about 100...From my understanding those that did on Wednesday were even more as there was a spillover to the next day.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by cloud9usher: 10:31am On Sep 01, 2017
adeinfinit:

Go to any INEC local government headquarters and get your TVC, it wouldn't take time and you'd get it printed out to you and laminated.

Someone said that during documentation, although NIMC slip was later accepted, the assessors were frowning at NIMC slip being used by some people as only ID card due to the fact that the NIN slip doesn't have your date of birth on it, so better get a TVC as well which has a date of birth on it.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by BigDealz: 10:35am On Sep 01, 2017
Tigris007:

Good morning,

Those that did in lagos yesterday were about 100...From my understanding those that did on Wednesday were even more as there was a spillover to the next day.

The total should be about 200 from all over the country. We were about 80 that did medicals know Thursday. And from information I've got, the training school can only take Max of 200-250 at a time.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Tigris007: 10:35am On Sep 01, 2017
adeinfinit:

cool
I was fortunate to have my LASRAA I.D. card with me. You can use that. It details your D.O.B. as well.

You can get it at the nearest local govt. Go with your work I.d. whose address is in lagos and your utility bill(N.E.P.A or LAWMA)

You'll get it same day...u fit even go now.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Tigris007: 10:49am On Sep 01, 2017
BigDealz:

The total should be about 200 from all over the country. We were about 80 that did medicals know Thursday. And from information I've got, the training school can only take Max of 200-250 at a time.

U do have a point going by the 10% ish....
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by smith54321: 11:07am On Sep 01, 2017
Tigris007:

U do have a point going by the 10% ish....
10% ish
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Tigris007: 11:11am On Sep 01, 2017
Tydarl:

This is just the FIRST BATCH. Others will be called eventually. Enough of your monkeying around the thread.

grin grin grin
I know say if nairaland get monkey smiley, u for don put am... grin

But seriously guys, with experience working in another tier 1 bank, pls don't see me as a negativity bringer...I pick no offence because I might have thought the same way, but for my knowledge of the corporate world.....

Are you aware they didn't use the word batches but phases even though they are similar in meaning?

Mails for medicals actually came in phases...some got on monday night, another batch got on Wednesday afternoon...HCP lady kept on emphasising 31st is the deadline....

.HCP said the A.c would last 6 weeks....e no pass 6 weeks...See do not let another man hold your destiny to ransom.

You would be surprised that the phases they meant referred to what was described....the funny thing is that it is not a lie....

I may not reply further mentions as regards those hoping to be called for medicals as it would make the issue overflogged...Believe what you want to believe but even the bible says "come let us reason together...."

I have not seen any great man"outside nigeria" who does not think..

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Tigris007: 11:21am On Sep 01, 2017
smith54321:

10% ish

Sorry bro...120000 applied
20000 wrote aptitude test
2500 made it to .A.C.
My broda over there said 200 to 250

All this stats(apart from the last) the H.R. told us...

Please don't feel bad, anything can happen but positioning your life on an uncertainty is the real issue. Bible does not support that....The bible says "the just man falleth seven times and he riseth again"

If u earn upto 50000 and are not paying rent, u can think of getting certification or search for free courses on line to boost your chances for sth better...

Remember, true hope is not limiting God to one opportunity(e.g FB) but in the certainty that in the end, all is well that ends well.....Much love!
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by adeinfinit(m): 11:31am On Sep 01, 2017
cloud9usher:

Go to any INEC local government headquarters and get your TVC, it wouldn't take time and you'd get it printed out to you and laminated.

Someone said that during documentation, although NIMC slip was later accepted, the assessors were frowning at NIMC slip being used by some people as only ID card due to the fact that the NIN slip doesn't have your date of birth on it, so better get a TVC as well which has a date of birth on it.

Thanks for your response. I have my TVC. I will also get LASSRA slip as someone suggested here. God bless you
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by adeinfinit(m): 11:33am On Sep 01, 2017
Tigris007:

cool
I was fortunate to have my LASRAA I.D. card with me. You can use that. It details your D.O.B. as well.

You can get it at the nearest local govt. Go with your work I.d. whose address is in lagos and your utility bill(N.E.P.A or LAWMA)

You'll get it same day...u fit even go now.

Thanks for your response. I will definitely get this.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 01, 2017
If you have done your AC and have not received a success mail yet, just brace your self up and move on. Do not ask me questions, just trust me.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by BigDealz: 11:56am On Sep 01, 2017
Tigris007:

Sorry bro...120000 applied
20000 wrote aptitude test
2500 made it to .A.C.
My broda over there said 200 to 250

All this stats(apart from the last) the H.R. told us...

Please don't feel bad, anything can happen but positioning your life on an uncertainty is the real issue. Bible does not support that....The bible says "the just man falleth seven times and he riseth again"

If u earn upto 50000 and are not paying rent, u can think of getting certification or search for free courses on line to boost your chances for sth better...

Remember, true hope is not limiting God to one opportunity(e.g FB) but in the certainty that in the end, all is well that ends well.....Much love!

Bro, don't quote me out of contest. What I meant by "at a time" is just the three months duration for each TS. Some guys are even in training school presently. Just saying the capacity of the training school cannot exceed that for a TS period.

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (224) (Reply)

Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 / Nigeria Immigration Service Recruiting For 2013/2014 - How True? / Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.