Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,605 members, 7,827,283 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme - Jobs/Vacancies (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme (810278 Views)

2019 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Recruitment - Assessment Centre Notification / Recruitment For FirstBank Graduate Trainee Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by cloud9usher: 12:38pm On Oct 11, 2017
ezzo09:

Going by this; Those that mean 1990 qualifies? Cos as at Dec 2016 the person was just 26 but as at today he's 27. He qualifies right?

1989 qualifies!
1990 qualifies!!

So once you were born as from 1st January 1989 and not earlier than that, you qualify, according to FBN's stated age requirement for this particular recruitment.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Bamibor: 3:23pm On Oct 11, 2017
babadokousman:
[color=#990000][/color]
Please guys any information on this first bank's interview call? Its been more than three months I was mailed for invitation to the next stage of the selection process and up till now I have heard nothing from them again.

Hello sir/ma
I suppose you just started following this thread recently. If that's the case, I suggest you go through the different pages on this thread and I'm sure you'll have most of the questions you might have with regards to the interview (AC) answered.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mayorchelsea(m): 4:00pm On Oct 11, 2017
babadokousman:
[color=#990000][/color]
Please guys any information on this first bank's interview call? Its been more than three months I was mailed for invitation to the next stage of the selection process and up till now I have heard nothing from them again.
Just in case you might find it hard/time consuming to go through previous pages on this thread,here's a little 'heads up' for you.Many persons here are in same position as you are.They also got mails telling them they would be called up for the next stage which is the assessment but they've not been invited. Some others have been called up for that assessment,scaled through that and have even had documentation and medicals and hopeful for training school. My candid advice is to keep on searching for other opportunities pending when you get further correspondence from FBN for the next stage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Kentrasso(f): 2:28am On Oct 12, 2017
I was told that FBN changes the age requirement as a way to reduce the number of successful applicants. How this is done is what I don't know. Maybe by training school or the employment itself.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mayorchelsea(m): 8:32pm On Oct 12, 2017
Good evening everyone
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by OkunrinMeta: 8:42pm On Oct 12, 2017
mayorchelsea:
Good evening everyone, considering the uncertainty surrounding the resumption of FBN training school for those who have had documentation and medicals,is it advisable for one to pick up a new job even if the offer is nowhere close to likely terms of FBN for GTs while waiting FBN?And we all know resumption for training school whenever it's going to be could likely be urgent meaning less time to officially resign properly. This is URGENT guys.

If the renumeration is NOWHERE NEAR to first bank, the company is most likely not a big deal and you DON'T have to resign properly.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mayorchelsea(m): 8:46pm On Oct 12, 2017
OkunrinMeta:

If the renumeration is NOWHERE NEAR to first bank, the company is most likely not a big deal and you DON'T have to resign properly.

Noted!Thank you boss.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by cloud9usher: 9:03pm On Oct 12, 2017
mayorchelsea:
Good evening everyone, considering the uncertainty surrounding the resumption of FBN training school for those who have had documentation and medicals,is it advisable for one to pick up a new job even if the offer is nowhere close to likely terms of FBN for GTs while waiting FBN?And we all know resumption for training school whenever it's going to be could likely be urgent meaning less time to officially resign properly. This is URGENT guys.

Please don't let FBN hold you hostage to your career goals, even if that job is paying peanuts; take it to keep yourself busy, earn some cash along the way and some experience as well.

I don't see much of an issue dropping the job if FBN comes calling anytime soon, if FBN comes calling like pretty soon, then it wouldn't be difficult leaving the new job as you just started and if FBN takes a long time before they come calling then its better you look back and feel happy that you didn't waste months waiting for FBN and being idle for nothing. just take the new job because its a win-win situation here.

The first rule of success is to have a target! But keep firing from all angles, one of your shots might be the killer! ... So never be held hostage by just one job offer you are waiting on.

4 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by cloud9usher: 9:22pm On Oct 12, 2017
Kentrasso:
I was told that FBN changes the age requirement as a way to reduce the number of successful applicants. How this is done is what I don't know. Maybe by training school or the employment itself.

Even without digging further to authenticate the veracity of what you just said; I beg to differ; because your assertion is utterly counterproductive!

Why would FBN adopt the best means of testing and assessing candidates to assess their level of competence and then drop some along the way ON PURPOSE as a result of an age benchmark which FBN itself set in the first place? Isn't the aim of FBN to recruit the best of the best? And isn't the requisite age bracket suitable for candidates not put into consideration before pegging an age range in the recruitment requirements?

The word "counterproductive" means: "tending to hinder or act against the achievement of an aim." That's exactly what you are saying here and to me it doesn't make any sense.

6 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by ephpremvl: 1:01am On Oct 13, 2017
cloud9usher:

Even without digging further to authenticate the veracity of what you just said; I beg to differ; because your assertion is utterly counterproductive!

Why would FBN adopt the best means of testing and assessing candidates to assess their level of competence and then drop some along the way ON PURPOSE as a result of an age benchmark which FBN itself set in the first place? Isn't the aim of FBN to recruit the best of the best? And isn't the requisite age bracket suitable for candidates not put into consideration before pegging an age range in the recruitment requirements?

The word "counterproductive" means: "tending to hinder or act against the achievement of an aim." That's exactly what you are saying here and to me it doesn't make any sense.

I see.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by juddexy2(m): 5:13pm On Oct 14, 2017
The course taken ranges from banking, general knowledge, elements of accounting, abstracts etc you would be shared into groups to work on various projects with deadlines. Tests are written almost on regular basis

Well, for those interested in ministry of the stomach at TS, I learnt its not gonna be a problem, you would be adequately catered for... Next Monday should be the 4th week of training. If you got friends in TS, call them and let's hear their views and update. Let's keep the thread running. For chaps saying here is boring, do well to spark it up.

My fellow guys awaiting AC, HCP still got hopefuls on their database and would be calling up soon..

Well-done Mayorchelsea, Bamibor , cloudpusher and others for keeping the thread alive. Just be assured I'm gonna find you guys in TS.

3 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mayorchelsea(m): 5:55pm On Oct 14, 2017
Juddexy2,thanks for the mention.We'll find ourselves when we get there.That stomach infrastructure is very funny for those who want to major in that.I also want to believe the courses would be broken down and taught in a manner the science-based trainees won't look lost.The way I'll start reading my mails from next week ehn...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Onlywoman92: 5:56pm On Oct 14, 2017
Expect mails to drop next week from a reliable source
*in brownsucre1 voice* grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mijestic: 7:16pm On Oct 14, 2017
No one in TS can really say when mails will drop. Lets just focus on other things while we wait. Its not even sure if TS for GT will start immediately after the conclusion of present SE training. We hope so though.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 15, 2017
Onlywoman92:

Seriously? How reliable is your reliable? Don't let people make decisions based on this your reliable o!
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mijestic: 1:13pm On Oct 15, 2017
Latest update from present SE TS training is that there is a one week extension.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Bamibor: 1:34pm On Oct 15, 2017
mayorchelsea:
Juddexy2,thanks for the mention.We'll find ourselves when we get there.That stomach infrastructure is very funny for those who want to major in that.I also want to believe the courses would be broken down and taught in a manner the science-based trainees won't look lost.The way I'll start reading my mails from next week ehn...

I guess you'll be scouring even your spam folder and every promo mail too just incase cheesy wink
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Bamibor: 1:36pm On Oct 15, 2017
Onlywoman92:

I've set my timetable in anticipation of that already...no source sha just my gut feelings.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Bamibor: 1:36pm On Oct 15, 2017
Onlywoman92:

I've set my table in anticipation of that already...no source sha just my gut feelings.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by ephpremvl: 1:40pm On Oct 15, 2017
Onlywoman92:
Can't he speak for himself?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by ephpremvl: 1:41pm On Oct 15, 2017
ezzo09:

Seriously? How reliable is your reliable? Don't let people make decisions based on this your reliable o!
I agree with you.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Iamabraham(m): 2:33pm On Oct 15, 2017
mijestic:
Latest update from present SE TS training is that there is a one week extension.

Really?

All is well.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mijestic: 3:59pm On Oct 15, 2017
Iamabraham:

Really?

All is well.
Yeah. its till end of next week they are ending. around 27th or so. Also please guys be preparing for TS next year. It may not be this year. My 2 cents wink

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Iamabraham(m): 5:24pm On Oct 15, 2017
A friend who called his contact in FB was reliably told that TS won't start until Jan 08.

I seriously hope this isn't true, but life continues.

All will be well, all is well.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by kchris007(m): 5:38pm On Oct 15, 2017
Iamabraham:
A friend who called his contact in FB was reliably told that TS won't start until Jan 08.

@cloud9usher... Is there any truth in this statement?

Guys and babes, let's try to verify this so we won't be tossed to and fro... Cheers.

Happy Sunday.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Onlywoman92: 6:49pm On Oct 15, 2017
ephpremvl:

Can't he speak for himself?

Bamibor:

I've set my table in anticipation of that already...no source sha just my gut feelings.

ezzo09:

Someone cannot play with all of you again? You people should take it easy with this FBN TS o shocked was just jokingly mimicking the moniker I mentioned undecided
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by cloud9usher: 7:33pm On Oct 15, 2017
kchris007:

@cloud9usher... Is there any truth in this statement?

Guys and babes, let's try to verify this so we won't be tossed to and fro... Cheers.

Happy Sunday.

Good day,

I don't have any competent information regarding that at the moment, if anyone tells you that he/she knows exact details of dates concerning training school cutting across all batches that would pass through training school for this recruitment then the person is lying, FBN at the moment is in a lot of makeshift/impromptu decisions concerning recruitment, lots of internal strategic human capital bureaucracy going on, so the best bet is just to sit back and see how things play out.

My final word to everyone waiting on FBN is that you all should not be held hostage by FBN for whatsoever reason, keep on searching for other job offers, and accept job offers you get and if FBN comes calling and your present job isn't better than FBN then you can drop it like its hot; pack your bags and run down to FBN training school.

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mijestic: 4:51am On Oct 16, 2017
I begin to wonder why it takes years for a self acclaimed top bank to conduct entry level recruitment when others are concluded in 2 -3 months at most. It begs the question of what the aim is of recruitment is. Is it to fill spaces or revamp the bank for strategic growth with fresh blood and ideas.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Tigris007: 7:52am On Oct 16, 2017
cloud9usher:

Good day,

I don't have any competent information regarding that at the moment, if anyone tells you that he/she knows exact details of dates concerning training school cutting across all batches that would pass through training school for this recruitment then the person is lying, FBN at the moment is in a lot of makeshift/impromptu decisions concerning recruitment, lots of internal strategic human capital bureaucracy going on, so the best bet is just to sit back and see how things...

Hello cloud. You didn't specify the source of your info. You've contributed to this thread just like every well-meaning F.B. hopeful but there is need to make an exemption in your latest post. Using such extreme words as lying to qualify a particular source of information does not bid well to the variety of information we are allowed to source from. Two un-related people hinted the T.S. resuming next year and you, perhaps unconsciously, branded it a lie.

For those who have had medicals(which are in the majority viewing this thread as of now), they were given 6 H.R. numbers they can easily contact for information verification. At this stage, those two(have done medicals) have more credible info than most. Such words, going forward, can hamper the freedom and variety we all are craving for.

To help you know how it would feel, imagine me calling a lie your info as regards T.S being in batches, aside those yet to do A.c. Point made.

Your latter paragraph made good sense.

Cheers! cool
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Tigris007: 7:53am On Oct 16, 2017
Morning fam. For medicalisted grin peeps, una geh H.r. number, una no go call tongue grin. For those awaiting A.c., they will most definitely call you, but when?

Remember, true hope is not tying God down to one source (F.B.), but in seeing God for who he is: limitless possibility. cheers!

cool

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by King0071: 8:15am On Oct 16, 2017
Iamabraham:

I do not like such news. Maybe i am the only one. But i really hope TS is this year. Why call for documentation and medical if TS would be next year? I am sure some people might have already given there resignation notice to that effect. Its not that easy to find a job worth your time and effort to keep busy while waiting for TS to call. At this juncture Firstbank will loose some very good and talented young individuals with this delay because if any one is able to get a good job with security and prospects, my advice will be to take it and forget TS. Even NPF didnt take this long, did it?

Hope for the best. Best of the to you all. Goodmorning.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nobody: 8:57am On Oct 16, 2017
Iamabraham:

Jan 08 2018?

One whole year to recruit entry level staffs. Amazing.

Some candidates are waiting for TS, others are waiting for documentation while some are waiting for AC. It depicts unpreparedness of the organization.

Let's keep our fingers crossed. I'm sure they would hit us with TS mails like 3days to the start and expect us to drop everything and fly down to Iganmu.

All the best people. Have a productive week.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (224) (Reply)

Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 / Nigeria Immigration Service Recruiting For 2013/2014 - How True? / Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.