Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme - Jobs/Vacancies (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme (809190 Views)

2019 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Recruitment - Assessment Centre Notification / Recruitment For FirstBank Graduate Trainee Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by BigDealz: 12:53pm On Sep 25, 2017
Bamibor:
Please can anyone confirm that the training for the SEs has indeed commenced today...?

That one is sure naaa
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Jerry080(m): 10:00pm On Sep 25, 2017
Bamibor:
Please can anyone confirm that the training for the SEs has indeed commenced today...?
Yea. They reported at the Academy today. They used the whole day doing registration and other stuffs. Accommodation is superb with two persons per room, and the SE guys total 91. A welcome party was also organized for them this night. They were told that their training is to last for 4/5 weeks depending on their level of assimilation but were also advised to be serious coz GT guys will be coming in after theirs.

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Bamibor: 10:02pm On Sep 25, 2017
Jerry080:

Yea. They reported at the Academy today. They used the whole day doing registration and other stuffs. Accommodation is superb with two persons per room, and the SE guys total 91. A welcome party was also organized for them this night. They were told that their training is to last for 4/5 weeks depending on their level of assimilation but were also advised to be serious coz GT guys will be coming in after theirs.

Thanks a bunch sir for the update. Please let them assimilate very fast o...four weeks it has to be cheesy
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mrdankonxept: 10:10pm On Sep 25, 2017
Jerry080:

They'd definitely assimilate, wink
We're worming up
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mayorchelsea(m): 11:30pm On Sep 25, 2017
That part of SEs been paired in training school struck me as regards accommodation.Since they are ninety-one in total,it is easy to accomodate them all.Will all GTs also stay in training school or it'll be for only those who come from outside Lagos?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Gaxx01(m): 7:55am On Sep 26, 2017
Please ooo.. When will first Bank call us for AC oo.... It's not cool for us to be sitting in suspense hoping for AC invite when others are warming up for TS.. Please if ur father or mother work as an Oga there biko tell em say some of us still dey wait o.. We don swallow chill pill so teh e cause us purge o... Please...

5 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Bamibor: 12:50pm On Sep 26, 2017
Gaxx01:
Please ooo.. When will first Bank call us for AC oo.... It's not cool for us to be sitting in suspense hoping for AC invite when others are warming up for TS.. Please if ur father or mother work as an Oga there biko tell em say some of us still dey wait o.. We don swallow chill pill so teh e cause us purge o... Please...

AC will likely commence on Saturdays as usual, after the onset of the training school program for the first set of GTs who've had their medicals...#my opinion

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by TeddyPendergrass(m): 7:46pm On Sep 26, 2017
Yooo!! So was waiting for word back from First Bank after my AC. Once I read that success mails were already flying out about 3 weeks ago for AC candidates I lost interest and decided to move forward with my life because I was not going to wait for several weeks/months just to get word back!

Long story short, I got an offer yesterday from a top international tech firm with presence here in Nigeria with a pay 3 times what we were speculating First Bank pays their GT. I was blindsided by this offer. Needless to say I accepted it!

Essentially from November I will be a dope boy with more money I have ever seen!

I hope me falling out of the GT process opens up room for another person to fill my spot!

Everybody will get a shot guys, everybody will. Just exercise some patience and play your position all the while.

Now, if you will excuse me, I need to make a list of all the girls that thought I wasn't sh!t in high school. #OperationPythonDanceOnTheseHoes!

12 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Saverin: 7:57pm On Sep 26, 2017
TeddyPendergrass:
Yooo!! So was waiting for word back from First Bank after my AC. Once I read that success mails were already flying out about 3 weeks ago for AC candidates I lost interest and decided to move forward with my life because I was not going to wait for several weeks/months just to get word back!

Long story short, I got an offer yesterday from a top international tech firm with presence here in Nigeria with a pay 3 times what we were speculating First Bank pays their GT. I was blindsided by this offer. Needless to say I accepted it!

Essentially from November I will be a dope boy with more money I have ever seen!

I hope me falling out of the GT process opens up room for another person to fill my spot!

Everybody will get a shot guys, everybody will. Just exercise some patience and play your position all the while.

Now, if you will excuse me, I need to make a list of all the girls that thought I wasn't sh!t in high school. #OperationPythonDanceOnTheseHoes!

"top international tech firm "

O boy, may I follow you do this python dance grin

It's been long I danced grin
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Dignitas: 7:57pm On Sep 26, 2017
TeddyPendergrass:

Congrats!

You are an IT person?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by TeddyPendergrass(m): 8:06pm On Sep 26, 2017
Saverin:

"top international tech firm "

O boy, may I follow you do this python dance grin

It's been long I danced grin

haha you are welcome to join the dance potna! no prisoners in this dance ohhn just casualties!
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by TeddyPendergrass(m): 8:08pm On Sep 26, 2017
Dignitas:

Congrats!
You are an IT person?
Yes. however I am in technology application in business processes now.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by agrovick(m): 9:53pm On Sep 26, 2017
TeddyPendergrass:

Yes. however I am in technology application in business processes now.
Yeye boy grin
Mail me
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mrdankonxept: 10:53pm On Sep 26, 2017
TeddyPendergrass:

Did dey say they need an engr with swag? Holla your boy.

I like international, salary wey dey acknowledge exchange rate. cheesy
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mayorchelsea(m): 11:13pm On Sep 26, 2017
I've lost count of the number of persons on this thread who either didn't get success mail after the first test or documentation mail after the AC but have gotten offers better than what FBN would be offering.I trust God to favour us all.

10 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Timony007: 1:04am On Sep 27, 2017
One of the very few things helping me hold things together in this wait is this thread... y'all awesome people n will be so delighted learning n working with you guys. Cheers All smiley smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Bamibor: 5:43am On Sep 27, 2017
TeddyPendergrass:

Congrats and greater heights but no python dance o...you can just do a little sekem or shoki wink
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by TeddyPendergrass(m): 10:24am On Sep 27, 2017
agrovick:

Yeye boy grin
Mail me
Oga boss!
right away.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by TeddyPendergrass(m): 10:25am On Sep 27, 2017
Bamibor:

Congrats and greater heights but no python dance o...you can just do a little sekem or shoki wink

thanks potna! I must dance ohhh you don't know how long I waited for this day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by TeddyPendergrass(m): 10:30am On Sep 27, 2017
mrdankonxept:

Did dey say they need an engr with swag? Holla your boy.
I like international, salary wey dey acknowledge exchange rate. cheesy
hahaha acknowledge exchange rate. I like that.
there's always a need for software and network engineers. will share when I can.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by juddexy2(m): 11:02am On Sep 28, 2017
Guys,I came across this latest news of F BN on LinkedIn which directed me to this source..what's your take?

http://tekedia.com/nigerias-first-bank-incredulous-30-million-target/

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by youcanconfirm: 11:58am On Sep 28, 2017
Pretty simple, I didn't research much but I can tell you that all they (First bank) need do is to drive every single employee to get customers, habits of the new generation banks, they will achieve and even surpass the target. Also, the writer said GT bank's worth more than First, I disagree, google is our friend, we can check ourselves. I might be wrong tho, but I have not heard from any first bank staff that they drive them crazy to open accounts for new customers et al. And mind you for every strategic statement, tactical and operational statements have been made to make sure goal is achieved, they are FIRST and they don't bluff. So instead of writer crucifying them, he should wait till the end, if they don't achieve the goal, then he can lash them. #MyHumbleOpinion

juddexy2:
Guys,I came across this latest news of F BN on LinkedIn which directed me to this source..what's your take?

http://tekedia.com/nigerias-first-bank-incredulous-30-million-target/
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mayokunlawale(f): 3:37pm On Sep 28, 2017
Good day everyone, please from whatbi heard today, they said the training for the new GT is likely to start in january. I don't know how true this is? I heard from someone presently in the training school
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Davitron1107: 4:53pm On Sep 28, 2017
mayokunlawale:
Good day everyone, please from whatbi heard today, they said the training for the new GT is likely to start in january. I don't know how true this is? I heard from someone presently in the training school
Dude pls call any of the HR contacts sent to you and clarify things as some one had done earlier so that you don't spread false info and cause confusion.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by juddexy2(m): 5:20pm On Sep 28, 2017
youcanconfirm:
Pretty simple, I didn't research much but I can tell you that all they (First bank) need do is to drive every single employee to get customers, habits of the new generation banks, they will achieve and even surpass the target. Also, the writer said GT bank's worth more than First, I disagree, google is our friend, we can check ourselves. I might be wrong tho, but I have not heard from any first bank staff that they drive them crazy to open accounts for new customers et al. And mind you for every strategic statement, tactical and operational statements have been made to make sure goal is achieved, they are FIRST and they don't bluff. So instead of writer crucifying them, he should wait till the end, if they don't achieve the goal, then he can lash them. #MyHumbleOpinion

let's just hope and wait
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by juddexy2(m): 5:27pm On Sep 28, 2017
Please can any S.E currently in TS give us an update? Or could it be that only GTs view this thread?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mayorchelsea(m): 6:14pm On Sep 28, 2017
FBN really did well to give their SE a chance to become core staff.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Bamibor: 8:25pm On Sep 28, 2017
mayorchelsea:
Any of the SE guys in the training school I believe are in a good position to help awaiting GTs get any relevant information as regards resumption of training school for GTs.Staying at first academy should give privelege to obtaining few infos.

The truth is not many SEs are actively following this thread...many of them before now were very busy with work and now in TS the schedule doesn't really allow much room for extra side attractions (especially on week days). I spoke with someone in TS and he doesn't have information on when TS is likely to commence for GTs. Hopefully, it'll still start this year as expected.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Trentemoller: 11:04pm On Sep 28, 2017
Please guys, something has been bothering me. I just did pre-employment medicals with a company and I'm scared because I don't know the essence of the medicals and I don't know if there are results that could cause one to lose the job offer. I'd like your opinions. Thank you.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mayorchelsea(m): 11:35pm On Sep 28, 2017
Trentemoller:
Please guys, something has been bothering me. I just did pre-employment medicals with a company and I'm scared because I don't know the essence of the medicals and I don't know if there are results that could cause one to lose the job offer. I'd like your opinions. Thank you.
Medicals I believe are meant to certify a person as fit for a job or to know if a potential employee has any health related issues that could affect him/her on the job.No organisation wants to spend so much on recruitment and training a new in-take only for such person to be medically unfit or begin to struggle with health issues the job.Do they spend to employ and train another person again?Medicals can disclose certain health conditions but are overlooked if they are not enough to affect a person's performance on the job.It's not very often that someone loses a job offer for failing medicals,we might not hear if this happens as the lab wouldn't disclose the results to you but to your employer and they in turn might not tell you,my opinion.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Chekyjustice(m): 11:36pm On Sep 28, 2017
I still await AC invite.

Na wa oooo

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mayorchelsea(m): 11:36pm On Sep 28, 2017
Bamibor:

The truth is not many SEs are actively following this thread...many of them before now were very busy with work and now in TS the schedule doesn't really allow much room for extra side attractions (especially on week days). I spoke with someone in TS and he doesn't have information on when TS is likely to commence for GTs. Hopefully, it'll still start this year as expected.
You are very correct bro,true.

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (224) (Reply)

Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 / Nigeria Immigration Service Recruiting For 2013/2014 - How True? / Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.