Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,777 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme - Jobs/Vacancies (191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme (809145 Views)

2019 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Recruitment - Assessment Centre Notification / Recruitment For FirstBank Graduate Trainee Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by luvility(m): 7:47am On Apr 24, 2018
solonazzy:
ve u received ts mail?

not yet oooo
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by chudionu58(f): 8:06am On Apr 24, 2018
Are the guys in TS going to be out this week? If not, how are you sure the "Lagos/Ibadan 11th April" guys will get a space to stay?? More so, TS is always 12 weeks ,why will this one be different? Nov 13th; Feb 12th; May 2nd?? Something may have changed perhaps.
For the regionalised training... Lagos, Enugu and Abuja. Wouldn't it prove more costly to the bannk to send three different sets of instructors to the three regions? Definitely guys might be put in a hotel for the months? Lol.

Read from page 151 till today. Note the swings and sudden changes, then draw a pattern.

My take:
1. May 2nd is not sacrosanct.
2. All trainees are going to Lagos.
3. I may be talking trash.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by suzzyrims: 8:29am On Apr 24, 2018
chudionu58:
Are the guys in TS going to be out this week? If not, how are you sure the "Lagos/Ibadan 11th April" guys will get a space to stay?? More so, TS is always 12 weeks ,why will this one be different? Nov 13th; Feb 12th; May 2nd?? Something may have changed perhaps.
For the regionalised training... Lagos, Enugu and Abuja. Wouldn't it prove more costly to the bannk to send three different sets of instructors to the three regions? Definitely guys might be put in a hotel for the months? Lol.

Read from page 151 till today. Note the swings and sudden changes, then draw a pattern.

My take:
1. May 2nd is not sacrosanct.
2. All trainees are going to Lagos.
3. I may be talking trash.

Same thing I've been thinking, Ts guys will be there till 12 May, how is the May 2nd thing going to work. Btw, a friend who got Ts mail for May 2 said there was nothing like accommodation in the mail sent to her.

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by SummationO(m): 8:56am On Apr 24, 2018
There's rumour that accommodation won't be given to this May 2nd batch according to my research. Whatever the case maybe, we'll know this day next week
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by SummationO(m): 9:00am On Apr 24, 2018
andergirl:

Abi? Was thinking the same thing too,or probably he was pretending to be one of us from the start.

He wasn't pretending from the start until he got invite to TS. Baba is an experienced job seeker. grin

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by nlanded: 9:03am On Apr 24, 2018
SummationO:
There's rumour that accommodation won't be given to this May 2nd batch according to my research. Whatever the case maybe, we'll know this day next week

That can't be the case for out of Lagos candidates, maybe that's why those invited so far are the Lagos axis candidates, until the Kano, Abuja, Enugu axis people are sent TS mails before we know what's really up.

How can they invite people from all over Nigeria who don't reside in Lagos and not offer accommodation? Except this speculation of training school in other locations becoming real
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by SummationO(m): 9:12am On Apr 24, 2018
nlanded:

That can't be the case for out of Lagos candidates, maybe that's why those invited so far are the Lagos axis candidates, until the Kano, Abuja, Enugu axis people are sent TS mails before we know what's really up.

How can they invite people from all over Nigeria who don't reside in Lagos and not offer accommodation? Except this speculation of training school in other locations becoming real

But I believe u know that's what other banks do. For example GTBank and Fidelity
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by philvirus: 10:37am On Apr 24, 2018
has anyone actually sent any mail to the HR guys to know whatsup? all of u are just crying on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 24, 2018
philvirus:
has anyone actually sent any mail to the HR guys to know whatsup? all of u are just crying on nairaland.
If you like,mail them from now till tomorrow, there would be no reply, grin grin grin.They want you guys to learn the virtue of patience ,self control and being able to handle things that might raise your Bp. wink

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by philvirus: 11:35am On Apr 24, 2018
andergirl:

If you like,mail them from now till tomorrow, there would be no reply, grin grin grin.They want you guys to learn the virtue of patience ,self control and being able to handle things that might raise your Bp. wink
Shey the patience we've had since 2016 isn't enough? grin
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nobody: 11:38am On Apr 24, 2018
philvirus:
Shey the patience we've had since 2016 isn't enough? grin
Hahahhahahahahhhahaha.just a little more, dear, is needed. When u gonna be telling your story,all join.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by chudionu58(f): 11:50am On Apr 24, 2018
From now til Monday, we will know! who knows when the current Trainees are coming out?

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by kwembehA: 2:02pm On Apr 24, 2018
mail just droped.. oluwa i thank you.. Lagos Training school. did documentation on 12 April Abuja. at least no more chill pill... then i woke up and discovered it was a dream. am not smiling too shaa

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by nlanded: 2:05pm On Apr 24, 2018
kwembehA:
mail just droped.. oluwa i thank you.. Lagos Training school. did documentation on 12 April Abuja. at least no more chill pill... then i woke up and discovered it was a dream. am not smiling too shaa

Take your time o! See how I started refreshing my Gmail like mad!

Since this TS thing started, I can't count the amount of times I enter my Gmail to refresh it manually grin Despite my Gmail being always live and updates automatically.

I'm sure Gmail server would be surprised why since last week a specific set of hardworking youths in Nigeria have been refreshing their emails every minute grin They will not understand

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by fasty: 2:15pm On Apr 24, 2018
Hello prospective colleagues, after going through lot of comments, I will like to submit my opinions based on my personal prerogatives as thus:

1: specifically on the TS invite mail; I assume that information would be passed across to us at the necessary time , let's take count of the November/February batches, we could still recap how it went, the rest are history to them now.

2: on the hostel allocation during training, I believe reservation would surely be given to people outside Lagos regardless of the eventual number of trainees for the batch.

3: Lastly, the only thing that I cannot predict is when the next batch will be, but I will rather be proactive in my assumption, therefore, my one cent to us awaiting invite mail is to get prepared for "May 2". (disclaimer: I am not in any position to inform us when the next batch will be).

Note: to relieve the tesion, my source is my personal instinct as a TS prospective trainee.

See you soon by God grace.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by philvirus: 3:19pm On Apr 24, 2018
see, u need to stop this kind of play. Or else u will tell me how u want ur thunder. I actually went to refresh my mail before coming back to finish ur post.
kwembehA:

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by lanregal: 6:35pm On Apr 24, 2018
Please has anyone who had his/her documentation and medicals on 12th April in Lagos gotten the invite to TS.

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by oyeyipow(m): 8:28pm On Apr 24, 2018
So here's what I think.

May 2 isn't training school resumption for those that got the mails. I think its to notify them that they have to come from home, and so prepare before actual resumption date. Since their letter didn't say anything about accommodation.
Then others get invite for Maybe 12 or 15th.

Just my own intuition, not from any source. If after 15th there's no invite, I'll just move on with my life till further notice again.

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Igwepaschal: 9:08pm On Apr 24, 2018
[
Yes i did n have recieved TS mail
quote author=lanregal post=66996123]Please has anyone who had his/her documentation and medicals on 12th April in Lagos gotten the invite to TS. [/quote]
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by saqo(m): 9:14pm On Apr 24, 2018
oyeyipow:
So here's what I think.

May 2 isn't training school resumption for those that got the mails. I think its to notify them that they have to come from home, and so prepare before actual resumption date. Since their letter didn't say anything about accommodation.
Then others get invite for Maybe 12 or 15th.

Just my own intuition, not from any source. If after 15th there's no invite, I'll just move on with my life till further notice again.
Nice one. So, what will happen to those that came down to Lagos from others States?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by jasmine2013(f): 9:20pm On Apr 24, 2018
Igwepaschal:
[
Yes i did n have recieved TS mail
quote author=lanregal post=66996123]Please has anyone who had his/her documentation and medicals on 12th April in Lagos gotten the invite to TS.
Were you initially scheduled for 12th or you rescheduled?

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Chissysleek: 10:31pm On Apr 24, 2018
Please guys this graduate trainee position is it a contract job?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by buske(m): 10:31pm On Apr 24, 2018
Chissysleek:
Please guys this graduate trainee position is it a contract job?

N O
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Igwepaschal: 10:52pm On Apr 24, 2018
It was my initial schedule
jasmine2013:

Were you initially scheduled for 12th or you rescheduled?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by luvility(m): 10:59pm On Apr 24, 2018
Igwepaschal:

was thinking they invited only those who did training on 11th... let's wait and see... We shall overcome
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by jasmine2013(f): 11:14pm On Apr 24, 2018
Igwepaschal:
Okay, thank you
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by jasmine2013(f): 11:14pm On Apr 24, 2018
luvility:

was thinking they invited only those who did training on 11th... let's wait and see... We shall overcome
My thoughts exactly
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by SummationO(m): 11:43pm On Apr 24, 2018
Is there anyone here from outside Lagos that has gotten TS invite mail?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mayorchelsea(m): 11:45pm On Apr 24, 2018
Good evening all,this is to implore you all to be patient with FBN.Whether you've gotten your training school mail after documentation or not,just hang on. You can be hopeful and expectant.That long awaited training school mail WILL drop, that I know.I know it's not easy but guys,make una chill.No need getting into the panic mode.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nobody: 1:48am On Apr 25, 2018
Good evening all. I just want to express my disappointment at some folks on this thread. How can u have waited for this long since 2016 only to be crying on this thread about not being called when we all know the wait can't be that long again. You come to wonder how some people even got past the AC stage in the first place with this display of childishness. See funny people with stup*d comments like "abeg HMCD should inform us to ease the tension make boys no go get heart attack. Bros if u like get heart attack die join am self nobody gives a fu*k about u" First Bank does not owe u anything. Even after the TS you can be dropped if they so wish. Those people also crying about moving on if they don't get TS mail on a particular date, Bros abeg do sharp sharp others are waiting to take that space n even wait Patiently for 2yrs if it has to take that long for the TS mail to drop. FBN does not work with your calendar uncle and auntie, if u can't wait you can as well go n hug transformer. Nobody will fast-forward any process or their planning just to make you happy n besides if you really wanted to move on with your life, considering the distance this recruitment have taken, you should have. Even people that don't have any hope aside FBN are joining others to cry, move on with my life. Bros abeg just respect yourself we all feel your pain but we sure know that even if you cry for 2yrs you will keep refreshing your mail if there is still any hope to hold on to not to talk of the fact that a lot of guys have not been called, why can't you just chill. Others have turned prophets n analizers here trying to justify the suppose reasons for the delay, Bros please except you have tangible info from a reliable source we don't want to hear it. Come on guys I know how it feels to be in this condition but do we have to display our inpatience n desperation in a forum like this. Even if FBN is your only hope, believe in yourself that for you to be be called for documentation you must have something FBN needs and if it eventually doesn't come, it's not your loss, move on with your life besides a lot of people were dropped both at the aptitude test stage and the AC stage so for having come this far, thank God and appreciate yourself.. That's self worth. I know we have a lot of people that can speak English here. Abeg make una no come attack me, I no study English for school. I dey use God beg una........

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by monodafirst: 1:57am On Apr 25, 2018
georgeaudu:
Good evening all. I just want to express my disappointment at some folks on this thread. How can u have waited for this long since 2016 only to be crying on this thread about not being called when we all know the wait can't be that long again. You come to wonder how some people even got past the AC stage in the first place with this display of childishness. See funny people with stup*d comments like "abeg HMCD should inform us to ease the tension make boys no go get heart attack. Bros if u like get heart attack die join am self nobody gives a fu*k about u" First Bank does not owe u anything. Even after the TS you can be dropped if they so wish. Those people also crying about moving on if they don't get TS mail on a particular date, Bros abeg do sharp sharp others are waiting to take that space n even wait Patiently for 2yrs if it has to take that long for the TS mail to drop. FBN does not work with your calendar uncle and auntie, if u can't wait you can as well go n hug transformer. Nobody will fast-forward any process or their planning just to make you happy n besides if you really wanted to move on with your life, considering the distance this recruitment have taken, you should have. Even people that don't have any hope aside FBN are joining others to cry, move on with my life. Bros abeg just respect yourself we all feel your pain but we sure know that even if you cry for 2yrs you will keep refreshing your mail if there is still any hope to hold on to not to talk of the fact that a lot of guys have not been called, why can't you just chill. Others have turned prophets n analizers here trying to justify the suppose reasons for the delay, Bros please except you have tangible info from a reliable source we don't want to hear it. Come on guys I know how it feels to be in this condition but do we have to display our inpatience n desperation in a forum like this. Even if FBN is your only hope, believe in yourself that for you to be be called for documentation you must have something FBN needs and if it eventually doesn't come, it's not your loss, move on with your life besides a lot of people were dropped both at the aptitude test stage and the AC stage so for having come this far, thank God and appreciate yourself.. That's self worth. I know we have a lot of people that can speak English here. Abeg make una no come attack me, I no study English for school. I dey use God beg una........

this life....
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by todyms: 2:12am On Apr 25, 2018
georgeaudu:

The invective could have been avoided... I'm sure everyone at this point understands how this procedure operates.

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (224) (Reply)

Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 / Nigeria Immigration Service Recruiting For 2013/2014 - How True? / Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.