Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme - Jobs/Vacancies (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme (809611 Views)

2019 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Recruitment - Assessment Centre Notification / Recruitment For FirstBank Graduate Trainee Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Izygab(m): 3:59pm On Jun 29, 2017
Hitech PLC are a Korean company who produce high technology goods such as CD players. Recently they opened a factory in the town of Marstairs in Thanet, Kent, an economic development area. The factory is doing well with 69% of its sales coming from the British market. However relations with the local population are poor.

The anticipated benefits to the town from the building of the factory haven't materialised, as most of the workforce needed to be highly skilled and were brought in from other areas, thus providing little local employment. These non-locals were highly paid and have pushed up prices in the local shops and also house prices leading to resentment.

The Chief Executive is aware of this resentment and wants to improve the situation. The directors have agreed that up to £300,000 may be spent on a scheme to benefit the community and lift the company's image in the community.

Three possible schemes have been put forward:

Scheme 1.
The local hospital wants to set up a new heart disease unit. A donation of £300,000 would make this possible.

Picture of Hospital
Scheme 2.
The Marstairs Arts Centre is a charity that runs a prestigious orchestra for young people as one of its activities. The orchestra has been invited to tour Northern France next Summer. The company could enter into a deed of covenant to pay the Arts Centre £100,000 for the next four years.

Picture of Violin

Scheme 3.
The local football club Marstairs United are a Championship Division club sometimes seen on TV. £250,000 would advertise the company in the ground and on the team's playing strips for two years.

The views of the Chief Executive and Directors are as follows:
The Finance Director
The Finance Director's Calculations:

Scheme 1. No tax savings would accrue.
Scheme 2. Tax savings from this would be £25,000 p.a.
Scheme 3. A tax saving of £100,000 would accrue from this.Graph
The Marketing Director feels:
Scheme 1 would scarcely increase sales at all. The unit would be small but the publicity would be very positive.
Scheme 2 would give a moderate increase to sales in France. The company is shortly to launch a marketing operation in France and though there would be no advertising, the company's involvement would be publicised.
Scheme 3 would have a major impact on sales. Some problems are that cricket is as popular as football in Kent and hooliganism has been a problem at the club.
The Chief Executive
The Chief Executive has said that she would like to see other benefits to the company as well as the public relations boost.

The Chief Executive has asked you, as a promising young manager, to study the three proposals and make a recommendation on which of the schemes the company should support and why for consideration by the Board of Directors at its next meeting. Only one of the schemes can be supported. After examining all the information say which scheme the company should support and give your reasons.

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Izygab(m): 4:03pm On Jun 29, 2017
WHALEY7:
Pls is there anybdy dt haven't get AC invitation like Me?

Yes. I'm also expecting an invitation. Let's set our sights on 8th July.

I'm with you bro.
But no need to worry, after the aptitude test we waited for 6months.
If God made it possible for you to be among those shortlisted, then He has a plan

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Azukslives18: 4:03pm On Jun 29, 2017
"Palm groove-constain-First Academy IS THE BEST AND MOST IDEAL

Jaykizz:
Good evening house. Please I have a question to ask as regards directions to First Academy.

For someone coming from Palmgroove, which route is the shortest to First Academy Iganmu, "Palm groove-constain-First Academy Iganmu," or "Palm Groove-Orile Iganmu-First Academy"??

Are there shorter routes apart from these two?

NB: I am not too familiar with the terrains of Lagos. I was only given these two options by a friend who resides in Lagos. If there are shorter routes or if the above routes need a clearer explanation, you could assist by explaining better; especially for those of us that have already been to the venue previously.

Kindly help a brother, tanx in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Adedayobusayo12(f): 4:54pm On Jun 29, 2017
Same with me. I have not been invited
Izygab:

I'm with you bro.
But no need to worry, after the aptitude test we waited for 6months.
If God made it possible for you to be among those shortlisted, then He has a plan
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Baldg: 5:33pm On Jun 29, 2017
I've not received invite yet despite writing in Ibadan, yet I'm relaxed and cool like an iceberg. AC invite will come in time.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by dammycutie: 5:46pm On Jun 29, 2017
Chevinsmedia:
It seems those that wrote the test during the mop-up have not been invited yet. Can someone kindly confirm or disprove this.

Becoming worried, because of the random invitations; particularly on weekdays.

Na weekend I want ooo.

I wrote during the mop up and I got an invite for the AC test on Monday. Mine is this Saturday.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Jaykizz(m): 5:48pm On Jun 29, 2017
Azukslives18:
"Palm groove-constain-First Academy IS THE BEST AND MOST IDEAL

Tanx brother....I appreciate the clarification.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Brymo: 5:51pm On Jun 29, 2017
Izygab:
Hitech PLC are a Korean company who produce high technology goods such as CD players. Recently they opened a factory in the town of Marstairs in Thanet, Kent, an economic development area. The factory is doing well with 69% of its sales coming from the British market. However relations with the local population are poor.

The anticipated benefits to the town from the building of the factory haven't materialised, as most of the workforce needed to be highly skilled and were brought in from other areas, thus providing little local employment. These non-locals were highly paid and have pushed up prices in the local shops and also house prices leading to resentment.

The Chief Executive is aware of this resentment and wants to improve the situation. The directors have agreed that up to £300,000 may be spent on a scheme to benefit the community and lift the company's image in the community.

Three possible schemes have been put forward:

Scheme 1.
The local hospital wants to set up a new heart disease unit. A donation of £300,000 would make this possible.

Picture of Hospital
Scheme 2.
The Marstairs Arts Centre is a charity that runs a prestigious orchestra for young people as one of its activities. The orchestra has been invited to tour Northern France next Summer. The company could enter into a deed of covenant to pay the Arts Centre £100,000 for the next four years.

Picture of Violin

Scheme 3.
The local football club Marstairs United are a Championship Division club sometimes seen on TV. £250,000 would advertise the company in the ground and on the team's playing strips for two years.

The views of the Chief Executive and Directors are as follows:
The Finance Director
The Finance Director's Calculations:

Scheme 1. No tax savings would accrue.
Scheme 2. Tax savings from this would be £25,000 p.a.
Scheme 3. A tax saving of £100,000 would accrue from this.Graph
The Marketing Director feels:
Scheme 1 would scarcely increase sales at all. The unit would be small but the publicity would be very positive.
Scheme 2 would give a moderate increase to sales in France. The company is shortly to launch a marketing operation in France and though there would be no advertising, the company's involvement would be publicised.
Scheme 3 would have a major impact on sales. Some problems are that cricket is as popular as football in Kent and hooliganism has been a problem at the club.
The Chief Executive
The Chief Executive has said that she would like to see other benefits to the company as well as the public relations boost.

The Chief Executive has asked you, as a promising young manager, to study the three proposals and make a recommendation on which of the schemes the company should support and why for consideration by the Board of Directors at its next meeting. Only one of the schemes can be supported. After examining all the information say which scheme the company should support and give your reasons.

brainstorming begins.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 29, 2017
Brymo:
brainstorming begins.

Scheme 3. A tax saving of £100,000 would accrue from this.

Is the 100,000 per annum?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by josepacified: 8:44pm On Jun 29, 2017
maduabuchi2014:

Scheme 3. A tax saving of £100,000 would accrue from this.

Is the 100,000 per annum?

it's already stated in scheme 2 to be p.a while its not stated in 3, i would then assume its 50,000 p.a.

scheme 3 is out already, since the tax savings is for the two years making it more than the budgeted amount by the board

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by eagledan: 8:52pm On Jun 29, 2017
I go for scheme 3. Reasons
1. There is tax saving of £100,000
2. The local sports will feature and benefit the locals who were not happy with the company
3. It will lead to more advert leading to more sales
4. It will boost the trust of the locals

3 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Drli(m): 10:55pm On Jun 29, 2017
Pls house, how do I get to First Academy Iganmu from Isolo. Thanks
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Sholly32: 11:00pm On Jun 29, 2017
Drli:
Pls house, how do I get to First Academy Iganmu from Isolo. Thanks
use Lara.ng
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by lacoste7: 6:00am On Jun 30, 2017
NIGERIANS SPEND SO MUCH ON EXPENSIVE PHONES AND CANT USE ITS GPS? THATS REALLY SAD. undecided

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Onlywoman92: 6:24am On Jun 30, 2017
lacoste7:

NIGERIANS SPEND SO MUCH ON EXPENSIVE PHONES AND CANT USE ITS GPS? THATS REALLY SAD. undecided

grin grin
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by shola87(f): 7:00am On Jun 30, 2017
Wishing masef all the best this a.m...na only me wakacom nairalanders @ first academy right now?

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Loboski: 10:51am On Jun 30, 2017
shola87:
Wishing masef all the best this a.m...na only me wakacom nairalanders @ first academy right now?

Good luck dear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by suzzyrims: 11:29am On Jun 30, 2017
shola87:

Wish u all the best dear

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by solonazzy: 2:47pm On Jun 30, 2017
[quote author=sallysalsa09 post=57927374][/quote]
success to us den

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Kentrasso(f): 4:40pm On Jun 30, 2017
I asked to be rescheduled from 8th July to 22nd the final week. They replied me saying they would accommodate my request. i hope it works out
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by gebulinks: 4:51pm On Jun 30, 2017
Kentrasso:
I asked to be rescheduled from 8th July to 22nd the final week. They replied me saying they would accommodate my request. i hope it works out

Have you been sent the invite for 8th July?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Dignitas: 6:14pm On Jun 30, 2017
I wrote on the first day. Sorry I didn't come here right on time.
I concur with the information given by some guys already. Just be yourself and do your best.

I wish you all the best. And again, try to be on time. You may go with a wrist watch for time keeping, even though there's a wall clock sha.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Dignitas: 6:15pm On Jun 30, 2017
Kentrasso:

If they said OK, then no problems.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by omotayo9177: 6:56pm On Jun 30, 2017
Hello people
For those that got an invite for 1:30pm, please I will like to know the time you finished the whole test and interview, around what time were you guys released?
Thanks
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by PhilipGallagher(m): 8:02pm On Jun 30, 2017
omotayo9177:
Hello people
For those that got an invite for 1:30pm, please I will like to know the time you finished the whole test and interview, around what time were you guys released?
Thanks
If you are among the first 14 participants, then you migbt finish as early as 7:05pm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by omotayo9177: 8:43pm On Jun 30, 2017
PhilipGallagher:

If you are among the first 14 participants, then you migbt finish as early as 7:05pm
Wow. Thanks
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by noceedy4real: 10:28pm On Jun 30, 2017
Just got an invite..
Slated for the 15th July test
7am...everyone will surely get invitation
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by chudionu58(f): 10:51pm On Jun 30, 2017
Enugu... nothing yet
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nobody: 4:21am On Jul 01, 2017
Scheduled for 15th, 1:30pm.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Chandeliers: 5:58am On Jul 01, 2017
Monday, 17th July confirmed...

I got two mails with the 7a.m and 1.30pm time schedules... I'm sure putting a call through will clarify that...

Success to us all

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (224) (Reply)

Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 / Nigeria Immigration Service Recruiting For 2013/2014 - How True? / Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.