Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,471 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

"2017 Will Be Better" - APC Governors Tell Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "2017 Will Be Better" - APC Governors Tell Nigerians (8257 Views)

Buhari’s Photo With APC Governors In London Is Old And Fake – FFK / Court Orders Buhari, Osinbajo To Tell Nigerians Names Of All Suspected Looters / Seized $43million: Tell Nigerians Who The Money Belongs To – Saraki To EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"2017 Will Be Better" - APC Governors Tell Nigerians by fexti: 3:18am On Oct 25, 2016
As Nigerians continue to grapple with tough times occasioned by the ongoing recession, governors of the All Progressives Congress (APC) have pleaded with Nigerians to be patient, assuring them that there will be a positive change in their living conditions next year.

Speaking with State House correspondents after a meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, yesterday, chairman of the Progressive Governors’ Forum, Rochas Okorocha, assured Nigerians that the APC-led federal government will take Nigeria to the Promised Land.

He pointed out that Nigeria is going through a very serious economic surgery, and as every surgical operation is painful, everybody in the country is experiencing the current suffering.
“We share the pains of Nigerians; every human being must feel it. We also feel what they are going through. But we are asking for a little patience; let us do things the right way and do it once and for all.

“I am sure that by next year you will begin to see changes: the price of rice will drop; price of dollar will begin to stabilise and we will see a lot of challenges, but at this painful moment, nobody likes it. So Nigerians should bear with us as a government,” Governor Okorocha said.
The governor further absolved his party o being responsible for the hardship.

According to him, this was not a problem brought by the APC government, but a problem that existed long before the party came to government.

He asserted that the APC was just trying to clear the mess of the past.

“But we must take responsibility and we must never shift the responsibility to anybody,” he said, adding that as the party in power at the moment, APC was now responsible for both the good and the bad that were happening in Nigeria “but we are promising Nigerians that we shall fix it.”

Meanwhile, Okorocha, who is also the governor of Imo State, expressed the fear that the internal crisis in Ondo APC may affect the party’s fortunes in the forthcoming gubernatorial poll.
He said, “I agree with you to some extent but I believe (that) before the election, all things will be fixed right because Ondo is coming back to APC and we would do all we can.”

When asked what transpired in the meeting with the president, Okorocha said APC governors met with President Buhari and discussed a lot of issues as they affected the nation and its development.

“We came particularly to encourage him and to congratulate him for the release of the 21 Chibok girls and we said whatever was the action taken to bring back these girls, let the action be repeated so that the rest of the girls can be free. This will help because this is a very big achievement in the life of this government.
“Again, we came to report to Mr President that his agriculture policy is producing result. This time around, we have bumper harvest in most parts of the country in rice production and other things. So that policy should be sustained.
“And the funding policy by CBN, the anchor borrowers, should be encouraged because it is yielding results. In the next couple of years, Nigeria would be self-sufficient in agriculture and would not need to import any more food products into this country. That is a great achievement.

“We also encouraged him on the fight against corruption, that he should continue. We know that in the pursuit of good programmes, certain lapses will be noticed and there is nothing wrong in pursuing a good cause. We encouraged and thanked him for the efforts he is making to move this country forward,” the Imo State governor said.

On the call by some stakeholders in the party for the national chairman, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, to resign, Okorocha said, “We are not talking about anybody resigning; we are talking about rebuilding the party to make it a stronger party, right from the booth level to the national level.”

http://leadership.ng/news/555928/2017-will-be-better-apc-govs-assure-nigerians

1 Share

Re: "2017 Will Be Better" - APC Governors Tell Nigerians by SamuelAnyawu(m): 3:28am On Oct 25, 2016
Confused Party grin grin grin grin

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: "2017 Will Be Better" - APC Governors Tell Nigerians by sekundosekundo: 4:16am On Oct 25, 2016
Really?.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "2017 Will Be Better" - APC Governors Tell Nigerians by habiham: 4:24am On Oct 25, 2016
Una dey mad... mumu people

16 Likes

Re: "2017 Will Be Better" - APC Governors Tell Nigerians by Kingsley1000(m): 5:20am On Oct 25, 2016
some pessimists aka wailers will still doubt
Re: "2017 Will Be Better" - APC Governors Tell Nigerians by greatiyk4u(m): 6:35am On Oct 25, 2016
We gave u guys a 4- year mandate, until then ww shall remain optimistic

4 Likes

Re: "2017 Will Be Better" - APC Governors Tell Nigerians by Izonpikin: 6:48am On Oct 25, 2016
We dey wait na...

1 Like

Re: "2017 Will Be Better" - APC Governors Tell Nigerians by cpapa: 6:59am On Oct 25, 2016
story for d gods wen Cletus don travel Ibrahim too travel kayode travel out to Philippines way we better pass I dey find money to complete my visa application travel too.

2 Likes

Re: "2017 Will Be Better" - APC Governors Tell Nigerians by Paperwhite(m): 7:04am On Oct 25, 2016
Patience what? angry Guess until when more Nigerians could have died of biting hardship before you all know you're part of a failed government? cry God punish all of una there.

2 Likes

Re: "2017 Will Be Better" - APC Governors Tell Nigerians by Hiploko(m): 7:04am On Oct 25, 2016
Kingsley1000:
some pessimists aka wailers will still doubt
shut wailers up with outsanding governance and performance. Unfortunately, APC has destroyed naija. How I wish they can even manage to return it to the level if was in 2015

31 Likes

Re: "2017 Will Be Better" - APC Governors Tell Nigerians by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 25, 2016
Lol lol lol, Ofcus they have to say it that way and ofcus 90% of prophecies would say 2017 would be better .
What then makes these pastors different from politricktians?
You don't need to be a seer to knw that when you hit rock bottom, the only way you can go is up.

1 Like

Re: "2017 Will Be Better" - APC Governors Tell Nigerians by Kingsley1000(m): 7:18am On Oct 25, 2016
Hiploko:
shut wailers up with outsanding governance and performance. Unfortunately, APC has destroyed naija. How I wish they can even manage to return it to the level if was in 2015
you have to exercise patience,Rome wasn't built in one day"think of what u can do for your country instead of waiting for your country to do for you......what have you done personally to facilitate federal govt change agenda?i know you are not handicapped and u're very smart,u should channel it positively to alleviate the plight of nigerians

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "2017 Will Be Better" - APC Governors Tell Nigerians by gen2briz(m): 8:03am On Oct 25, 2016
Ẹ be like say they want to tell another story again oooo

3 Likes

Re: "2017 Will Be Better" - APC Governors Tell Nigerians by trishapal(f): 8:03am On Oct 25, 2016
These people will never be tired of making promises... even the ones they are not capable of fulfilling. This in itself is CORRUPTION, and NOT IN MY COUNTRY!!!

1 Like

Re: "2017 Will Be Better" - APC Governors Tell Nigerians by Millz404(m): 8:04am On Oct 25, 2016
Oga nice promise..... Just sell the country and give me my share.

4 Likes

Re: "2017 Will Be Better" - APC Governors Tell Nigerians by Bitterleafsoup: 8:04am On Oct 25, 2016
When a man parades himself as a Doctor but only has a NEPA certificate you can be sure that majority of surgery will end in death and destruction.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "2017 Will Be Better" - APC Governors Tell Nigerians by MARKone(m): 8:04am On Oct 25, 2016
Tah! Lies upon lies

My brothers, 2019 seems far, but it not that far to start campaigning against this (Clueless)*2 Government. Buhari or anything that represents APC must go after 2019, let us endure and manage till that day comes!!

2 Likes

Re: "2017 Will Be Better" - APC Governors Tell Nigerians by borntosuccess(m): 8:04am On Oct 25, 2016
one chance government

1 Like

Re: "2017 Will Be Better" - APC Governors Tell Nigerians by Bluesearoll(m): 8:04am On Oct 25, 2016
Pls enough of all these 'will' and 'to'

1 Like

Re: "2017 Will Be Better" - APC Governors Tell Nigerians by lilmax(m): 8:05am On Oct 25, 2016
and there goes another LIE

1 Like

Re: "2017 Will Be Better" - APC Governors Tell Nigerians by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 25, 2016
The ish is if we continue like this not everyone is going to be alive to see the "better Nigeria" you just talked about undecided

1 Like

Re: "2017 Will Be Better" - APC Governors Tell Nigerians by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:06am On Oct 25, 2016
Mtscheeeeeeeew

Promises and Promises.... cool

#Senator Samuel Anyanwu 2019

1 Like

Re: "2017 Will Be Better" - APC Governors Tell Nigerians by Dongreat(m): 8:08am On Oct 25, 2016
I am afraid to say 'NO' it won't be but worse. Until the crops of politicians are changed we will still be stagnant with no progress. As long as we have same ministers, senators, HORs members and other government officials be it PDP or APC, we will still be sufferings. If you believe this people then I guess you was born yesterday and naive too. Far too long have I heard same promises and I am I will only start believing when the politicians we have now are all 'dead' as they cannot repent.

1 Like

Re: "2017 Will Be Better" - APC Governors Tell Nigerians by Bluesearoll(m): 8:08am On Oct 25, 2016
Are you just waking up?
Kingsley1000:
you have to exercise patience,Rome wasn't built in one day"think of what u can do for your country instead of waiting for your country to do for you......what have you done personally to facilitate federal govt change agenda?i know you are not handicapped and u're very smart,u should channel it positively to alleviate the plight of nigerians

1 Like

Re: "2017 Will Be Better" - APC Governors Tell Nigerians by justFEARLESS(m): 8:09am On Oct 25, 2016
Promise, promise and promise. wey ur plan? shit ass dumbos

1 Like

Re: "2017 Will Be Better" - APC Governors Tell Nigerians by ceeethru(m): 8:09am On Oct 25, 2016
Thunder fire buhari and his apc apologist,you mean after causing nigeria economy and nigerians to suffer hunger and starvations,blaming Gej like he has being in power since indepedence, you just accepted ur failure and dead brain of president buhari,the law of karma must surely catch up with buhari and anybody that helped him gain power in nigeria.
Re: "2017 Will Be Better" - APC Governors Tell Nigerians by TeamSimple(m): 8:09am On Oct 25, 2016
My own question is what happened to 2016 budget?

4 Likes

Re: "2017 Will Be Better" - APC Governors Tell Nigerians by dayus12(f): 8:09am On Oct 25, 2016
Amen.....

You guys still have less than 2 years. Until then, we will remain hoping.....

1 Like

Re: "2017 Will Be Better" - APC Governors Tell Nigerians by Ilovewetpussy(m): 8:10am On Oct 25, 2016
Dullard governors that has been infected with dullardism from d daura cattle dullard

1 Like

Re: "2017 Will Be Better" - APC Governors Tell Nigerians by Akinwerndey: 8:11am On Oct 25, 2016
Products of failed experiments are here again to feed you lies.... Oya zombies come and queue up and believe yur slave masters..... Bastards from the pit Of hell

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oluyemi Adeniji Dies At 83 / Police Killings: Concerns Over Delay In Releasing Of DHQ Report By Presidency / Beautiful Areas In Awka You haven't Seen (photos And Video )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.