Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,514 members, 7,816,250 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

A Frustrated Woman - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Frustrated Woman (76730 Views)

'Frustrated' Lastborn Tired Of Housework Writes Warning Letter To Family Members / I Become Broke, Frustrated Whenever I Have Sex With My Wife / My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy??? Getting Frustrated Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Frustrated Woman by 4dor: 10:29pm On Oct 25, 2016
ifyalways:

Well, you can plead with him to move out seeing as you now disgust him. If he ever loved you and is humane enough, he should do that atleast for you but if he refuses, tough luck, try to co-exist as a room mate with him and please NEVER give him the cookie jar again.

You and I know that brother will still dip his hands in the cookie jar.
Re: A Frustrated Woman by Proffdada: 10:31pm On Oct 25, 2016
Maaamaaa:

I also heard there is no maternity leave for women that are not married where I work.
you can seek legal advice and action on that. Everyone has rights now
Re: A Frustrated Woman by Gewezzy1(f): 10:31pm On Oct 25, 2016
Your story sounds familiar oh but what's my own *sipswine * if it's you that I know my dear dt guy ain't coming bk to ***** you better think about it well.
Re: A Frustrated Woman by Nobody: 10:32pm On Oct 25, 2016
carammel:
Pardon me,I will be a bit harsh.

You brought it upon yourself,you are a homebreaker and husband snatcher,you knew he was in a relationship and yet open your legs for him to the extent that you moved in with him,most men these days enjoy free chao and won't hesitate to grab the opportunity.

You are only being selfish by considering yourself alone,how about the woman he has been with before,she will surely be hurt too.

You can just move on with your life and take responsibility for the baby alone,allow him marry whoever he wants or force yourself to marry him and live an unhappy life. The ball is in your court.

Can't you guys ever give advice without putting others down? She should pardon you cos you'll sound harsh? Pardon my foot! You think you are talking to a computer at the other end? Just shut it already and if you can't be polite then don't give advice putting someone who's already down further down. Crap! angry

6 Likes

Re: A Frustrated Woman by KHbaby(f): 10:32pm On Oct 25, 2016
My lady, my candid advice to you is to call off the wedding, because the man you want to get married to has no love for you. It is better for you to endure the shame of having a baby out of wedlock now, than to endure unhappiness in your matrimonial home, which may eventually leads to divorce. My opinion though.

1 Like

Re: A Frustrated Woman by Zedoo(m): 10:33pm On Oct 25, 2016
Ohh lord why??
Why am I online
What is this

This is onoematosukpadumpikonum!

Serious matters....

All man Dun turn life coach, muyiwa afolabis....

I see y'all...
Op madam this case hard o....
Just move on like you said....NOTHING wey you wan do....if he ever starts behaving different, RUN further....na cookie...

1 Like

Re: A Frustrated Woman by Oladipos(m): 10:34pm On Oct 25, 2016
My advice for you is that "Time heals every wound". When you look back at today in the next two years, you will have reasons to smile. Number one reason is your baby.

1 Like

Re: A Frustrated Woman by Zedoo(m): 10:34pm On Oct 25, 2016
KHbaby:
My lady, my candid advice to you is to call off the wedding, because the man you want to get married to has no love for you. It is better for you to endure the shame of having a baby out of wedlock now, than to endure unhappiness in your matrimonial home, which may eventually leads to divorce. My opinion though.

E hard to do sha...
buT...nothing good comes easy...
Re: A Frustrated Woman by Spain007(m): 10:36pm On Oct 25, 2016
Maaamaaa:

Thank you Ma. He can't move out because he has no where to go and he is broke. It's a two bedroom apartment and we have separate rooms.

Should I stop cooking? For both of us
Pls don't stop cooking so long he provides fr d family,if not tht would add more stress on u both.

1 Like

Re: A Frustrated Woman by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 25, 2016
MizMyColi:

What Shame Ma?

Is it that of what people will say?
Or will your company sack you because you didn't do marriage yet and you're pregnant?

If it is that of what people will say and how they will view you, I admit it is not easy but you have to hold your head high come what may.

You need to be strong. No matter the shame you feel, do not let it show. It is when they see you are ashamed that they will try to hurt you more, but if you form badoo/ode shi, they can only try.

Hope you don't have a close pal that knows all your secrets at work?
If you do, now would be the best time to cut off by limiting what you say. And if you must talk, apply wisdom.

Let the Child you are carrying be one of the focal points of your joy.

Stay away from people who remind you of the past and try to dump their negative energies on you.

Mistakes have been made, lessons learned (I believe).

Now, Move ON.
Best advice here of all the gibberish that came from the female folk. They just couldn't help but put the young lady down. It leaves me wondering what they would do if they found themselves in the same situation.
Re: A Frustrated Woman by poweredcom(m): 10:37pm On Oct 25, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin

sister na now ur suffer begins

2 Likes

Re: A Frustrated Woman by Abdulkareem407(m): 10:39pm On Oct 25, 2016
U just make anoda mistake for posting ur story on Nairaland, good advice will Neva cum out from Nairaland instead they will just laugh at you and comment nonsense to hurt u more... my advice for u is dat u should leave someone husband and wait for ur own. gbam?
Re: A Frustrated Woman by PARAHH(f): 10:40pm On Oct 25, 2016
It seems you're bent on ruining yourself.. You're 23 not 32 so why the f'ck are you desperate to get married to a dude that's not even caring even at your sensitive stage... HE DOESN'T LOVE YOU get a life, build yourself, get an education if you don't have one there's nothing shameful about pregnancy out of wedlock it's just what the society sees it to be... Make yourself useful to you...
Heartache in marriage is what you don't want to go through if you want you can ask my aunt, being neglected, battered, in and out o of stress coma not until she made up her mind to opt out of the marriage... Girl you're just 23 you have a whole life ahead of you... Have a Lil pity on yourself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Frustrated Woman by trexlewis(m): 10:40pm On Oct 25, 2016
Maaamaaa:
I will try my best not be biased about our story and if you have any questions to ask please do.

I met him last year December precisely and we both work in the same office, we became best of friends but he was in a relationship (distant) and I was single.
We were really close because we both were new in town with no family around and then I fell in love with him and opened up about my feelings to him but he said he was in a relationship.

I was hurt but I held my head up and moved on. I started mingling with other male colleagues and then he became jealous and so I confronted him about it (still loved him) and u also told him to choose between us and he said he wants me. His decision was based on the fact that the other lady was far away, he thought she was promiscuous and she is an OND holder etc (I got to find out about this later).

We moved in together because of financial stress and talked about getting married next year... Late June this year I found out he had not broken up with the other lady, confronted him about it and he settled the issue.

I got pregnant July and he asked for an abortion, I insisted on keeping the baby with or without marriage.. He finally accepted to marry me and proceeded to tell my parents(he later said I forced him to that). He accused me of so many things and called me different names.

He traveled to his hometown and informed his parents about it all and met with the lady. On his return, he said the lady gives him peace and if I lose this pregnancy he will go back with her and that he loves her but he is just getting married to me because he respects my family and do not want to bring shame to me at work.

I cried, prayed and endured it all. Two weeks ago his family came for the introduction and the wedding has been fixed for December but I'm not happy.

I'm a shadow of myself, he feels disgusted by my presence and I can't say anything without him getting angry. I used to nag and quarrel a lot but I've stopped, even when I'm angry I just walk away.

He does not care about me and this pregnancy and if I tell him I'm sick or tired or anything, he will just say that I'm not the first to get pregnant and that it's when I push the baby he will take responsibility.

I have tried my best and I'm confused, last night I called him peacefully to ask him what I'm doing wrong but he said I'm disturbing him. I used to call his parents and my parents to intervene but he said I should stop that and I have stopped.

Please what can I do to save our relationship, it's not easy for me . this is not the man I fell in love with help me and please I need your advice because I am ready to do anything.

I want my child to have a normal family.
Truth is the mistake has already been made, as you can see he never wanted you for life, you have two options, raise your baby alone and decline to marry him. Or marry him and accept the fact he will forever blame you for trapping him with a baby. Right now his probably feeling hurt for his girlfriend you may not know how hurt she is but he feels her pain and hates you for it. The good news is it will pass and he will move on and love you again but it won't be easy for now and you have to endure alot from him. Don't bother telling him your no longer interested in the wedding because he will come begging. Be strong okay, who am I to judge you. You will smile again. wink
Re: A Frustrated Woman by gorgeousfm: 10:42pm On Oct 25, 2016
Acheron:
Maaamaaa,

The guy will come to his senses when that baby is finally born, trust me. For now, just stay healthy and try your best possible to be a good woman and wife to him.

I can bet it with anything that things will return to normalcy when the baby is here. That baby will draw you both together especially if the baby turns out to be a boy and a replica of him. I've seen this happen before.

That baby needs you to be strong right now. This shall pass.

I was about to type exactly this but didn't want to do that with this moniker.

OP, you need not worry at all. What is meant to be, will surely be. Time will pass and he with get his ass together.

I know what I'm saying. I'm sure of what I am saying. Go ahead with the "by force" marriage.

Things would go just fine I can bet you.

A lot of people on this forum are without marriage experience, hence, shouldn't be giving giving advice. The Lord is your strength sis.

cc: verygudbadguy
Re: A Frustrated Woman by saintmark88(m): 10:42pm On Oct 25, 2016
You just have to embrace reality, u r n a very big mess. Its not going to be easy living with a man who doesn't love u nd has no regard for u. It is not also gonna b easy raising tht kid alone. So u have got to mke a decision.

Its a situation of been caught BTW a rock nd a hard place..I pray u do get a soft landing doh

Dnt mke d mistake of thinking he would change to mke ur decision....thts my advice
Re: A Frustrated Woman by savictory2(m): 10:43pm On Oct 25, 2016
Don't you know when a man hates you, he will hates everything about you? I pray he come to his senses as you claimed when the baby is born. shocked shocked
Re: A Frustrated Woman by Diplomaticbeing(m): 10:43pm On Oct 25, 2016
When two opportunists; a predaceous and a leechlike persons meet, the result is what's obtainable here. Well, as much as you have your flaws, just like every other human beings yet, I see some good attributes in you too.

Meanwhile, what I can deduce is the problem with your housemate of a guy is that he's yet to experience self-realization. I won't say that he hates you. If only he knows the attributes not attitudes he cherishes in a potential wife, then your immediate problem will be halve solved - try your best to find out from him either directly or indirectly about 10 attributes he cherishes in a potential wife. When you do, be truthful to yourself, if you tick about 90 percent of the boxes, then be rest assured that you will not regret marrying him in the long run. . . . Don't allow the difficulties of today to ruin your future.

On the other hand, don't undermine the efficacy of temporary separation in matters like this.

4 Likes

Re: A Frustrated Woman by Happybirds001: 10:43pm On Oct 25, 2016
Don't know what to say but I want you to trust in God and everything will turn out fine ..
Re: A Frustrated Woman by login123: 10:44pm On Oct 25, 2016
I hardly comment on issues like dis, but my candid advice for u is that don't do the marriage. Have ur baby and take good care of urself . I declare to u today u ll see a man that ll still love u. Please, forget wat people ll say, everybody got a past.
Goodbye
Re: A Frustrated Woman by Aajumi(f): 10:45pm On Oct 25, 2016
Maaamaaa:
Thank you everybody for your sincere opinion. I believe I will move on with my child alone.

Please how do I overcome the shame at work because I can't quit now, I need the money.
don't leave ur job pls....Pple wud always talk, am sure some Pple knw d story dat he doesn't love u but he is forcefully getting into it. If u go on d marriage wud break, am telling u dere is a man out dere dat wud marry u wit ur child just look at mercy aigbe her husband adores her and she is happy look at d girl she brot wit her to d marriage she has more IG followers. am sure Pple talked wen she just had d child but look at dem nw so hpy. So forget shame everyone has a past....am sure u wud ave so much joy wen d child is growing. Leave ur job only wen u find a beta one. May God give u a man dat wud love and cherish u and ur child.just be.patient.

1 Like

Re: A Frustrated Woman by freecocoa(f): 10:45pm On Oct 25, 2016
One of the best things to happen to a girl, is, to have some self respect, so long as he has a woman, just leave it alone, haba!

I made it a rule, never to get involved with a man in a relationship, I can't even feel for you knowing there's another girl to start with, that's just really desperate and low as far as I'm concerned.angry

He told you, yet you ignored it, why would you even expect a man to leave his woman for you? I'm sorry but I don't like women like you, you are not a nice person, you didn't even care about the feeling of his girlfriend, smh.

Anyways, what's done is done, if you have any form of love for yourself, you'd call it quits and move on with your life, you made your bed, now you have to lie on it.

I don't know your stance on abortion but if you do decide to have the child(like I think you should), it may turn out to be one of the best decisions you ever made.

4 Likes

Re: A Frustrated Woman by badrobot77: 10:51pm On Oct 25, 2016
If so pray hard cause now u need God..
Maaamaaa:

I also heard there is no maternity leave for women that are not married where I work.
Re: A Frustrated Woman by JeremyA2G(m): 10:51pm On Oct 25, 2016
Maaamaaa:

Thank you because this is indeed the hard truth.
I advice you forget about the marriage and give birth to ur child and train the child up....there is no point in marrying and being unhappy,Don't blame yourself or anybody,mistakes happen.Time to move forward.BLESS YOU SIS
Re: A Frustrated Woman by DEBJOCH1(m): 10:52pm On Oct 25, 2016
A BROKEN RELATIONSHIP IS FAR NETTER THAN A NRPKEN MARRIAGE, PLEASE DO NOT EMBACK ON A JOURNEY YOU CAN NOT END, ITS NOT A TABOO TO BE A SINGLE MOTHER. THE MAN CAN NEVER LOVE YOU, UNLESS YOU WANT TI END UP AS PUCHING BAG AT HIS HOME. THE CHOICE IS UOUTS TO MAKR WHEATHER TO MOVE ON WITH LIFE, OR TURN YOUR DELF TO AN OBJECT AT HIS HOME.
Re: A Frustrated Woman by queenitee(f): 10:54pm On Oct 25, 2016
The guy obviously do not love you,don't let him marry you out of pity.Its not easy,but don't go ahead with that wedding,you are going to regret it,keep your child and move ahead,you deserve to be yourself and to live a happy life
Re: A Frustrated Woman by Aajumi(f): 10:56pm On Oct 25, 2016
Maaamaaa:

Thank you Ma. He can't move out because he has no where to go and he is broke. It's a two bedroom apartment and we have separate rooms.

Should I stop cooking? For both of us
You can Nt stay wit him....my Advice is call him and talk to him tell him u can't go on wit d marriage stuff dat u deserve a man dat loves and cherish u. Also u don't hold him for anytin dat he is free to make d woman he loves happy u wud also find a man to make u hpy....so to dat effect u give him a month to sort himself cos it won't be easy for u to live in d same house wit him...pls be.mature Abt it....cook his food whenever u r cooking Urs ( like cook extre Nt like u r mainly cooking his food or Wat he wants)...make him knw u r doing it out of d kindness of ur hrt. am sure he wud respect u after dis and u can move on...but don't deceive urself u can't be in d same house wit him and Nt still love him
Re: A Frustrated Woman by mgbedianya(m): 10:56pm On Oct 25, 2016
Op how old are you?
Re: A Frustrated Woman by DEBJOCH1(m): 10:57pm On Oct 25, 2016
A BROKEN RELATIONSHIP IS FAR BETTER THAN A BROKEN MARRIAGE, PLEASE DO NOT EMBACK ON A JOURNEY YOU CAN NOT END, ITS NOT A TABOO TO BE A SINGLE MOTHER. THE MAN CAN NEVER LOVE YOU, UNLESS YOU WANT TO END UP AS PUNCHING BAG AT HIS HOME. THE CHOICE IS YOUR'S TO MAKE, WHEATHER TO MOVE ON WITH LIFE, OR TURN YOUR SELF TO AN OBJECT AT HIS HOME.
Re: A Frustrated Woman by bernabc: 10:59pm On Oct 25, 2016
Aunty, be strong and be of high spirit. There is still time for you to get your God chosen man. The mistake has been made and now is the time for correction. It is meant to serve as a lesson for you. Do not marry him unless he is able to show you undiluted love and care, note that he may be the one that will still marry you and keep being good to him such as cooking for him and I mean just be good to him. God will see you through in Jesus name. Amen.

1 Like

Re: A Frustrated Woman by ogaibe1(m): 11:02pm On Oct 25, 2016
My advice to you is don't go through with the wedding but at the same time make sure that he is taking care of his child. Make sure he has a good access and relationship with his child, no one knows tomorrow the way you treat this man might bring that togetherness that you a yearning for. He is still confused at this time and cannot make a rational decision. Just saying that after all these this man might still become yours in the long run depending on how you treat him having access to his child and not bearing any grudges.

1 Like

Re: A Frustrated Woman by iRepNaija1: 11:02pm On Oct 25, 2016
Ishilove:
Hmmmm, aunty, this your story dey somehow o... He never loved you, obviously, but you were too blinded by 'love' to see all the warning signs. That he asked you to abort shows he never had you in his long term plans.

Fact is, you pushed yourself on him and being a man, he saw the opportunity for free punny. Now the novelty of the said free punny has worn off and coupled with it, the said punny is pregnant for him, so he is feeling stifled and thus resents you for making him do all things he doesn't want to do.

He wants to marry you out of pity, which is why he said he doesn't want to bring shame to you and your family.

Sister, you are on your own. Better wake up seriously because deep down, you know the truth. Love, they say, is blind but na inside marriage eye dey clear. You are seeing all the signs but you still want to go ahead to marry, because you want to bear 'Mrs', or you want your child to have a normal family as you claim. Sister, you want your child to grow up seeing you unhappy because his or her daddy doesn't love mummy?

Sister, I repeat, You Are On Your Own.

I'm confused because here I thought sexual intercourse involved two people. Even if the OP "pushed" herself onto the guy, he still chose to sleep with her. No one had a gun to his head. He made that decision all on his own, and to imply that he somehow couldn't help himself makes the guy look like a person who needs to be babied and can't make a decision on his own.

The fact of the matter is they are both to blame. Not him. Not the OP. Both of them. It's easy for a man to deny paternity, it never shows on them. Whatever he and the OP decide to do, they should come to an agreement together.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Family Photos Of An Albino And A Black Wife With Their Kid / My Wife Just Told Me She Has A Boyfriend And That There Is Nothing ℓ̊ Will Do / Lessons From My Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.