Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,320 members, 7,829,790 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Muhammadu Buhari: An Anti-corruption Or Pro-corruption Crusader? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muhammadu Buhari: An Anti-corruption Or Pro-corruption Crusader? (1932 Views)

Buhari, An Agent Of Destabilisation - Tinubu / Fani-Kayode Calls Buhari “An Uncircumcised Philistine” / The Second Coming Of President Buhari- An Episle By Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muhammadu Buhari: An Anti-corruption Or Pro-corruption Crusader? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:35pm On Oct 25, 2016
During the 2015 electioneering period, President Muhammadu Buhari, then an opposition candidate and his All Progressive Congress promised several things to Nigeria including fighting corruption to standstill and run a transparent government. In fact, Buhari pledged to lead by example by following the patriotic step of late Musa Yaradua to publicly declare his assets and liabilities if/when elected. A promise that impressed several Nigeria electorates.

Upon assumption of power in 2015, Buhari wouldn't spare his audience on his lamentation of the monster called corruption. However, the BIG QUESTION is "Is Buhari really an anti-corruption or a pro-corruption crusader?"

His Anti-Corruption Vs His Pro-Corruption Crusade:
Around August 2015, President Buhari launched probe into a $2.1billion funds that was meant for the purchase of arms to fight against Boko Haram terrorists which was allegedly mismanaged by some officers of the immediate past administration, and the funds allegedly used to prosecute the unsuccessful second term bid of President Goodluck Jonathan. While several officers of the past administration including former NSA Sambo Dasuki and some chieftains of the PDP were arrested, the government of Buhari has failed to reciprocate in kind to probe the source of funding of APC 2015 campaign that he was the chief beneficiary and upon which he came to power.

Specifically, Nigerians are yet to know the total campaign expenditure of President Buhari and APC for the 2015 Presidential election as well as the sources the funds came from. It is alleged that Governors under APC and other public officers were made to "help their man" from public treasury for him to win the 2015 poll. If such is true, does the President still possess moral legitimacy to even speak on anti-corruption? If the allegation is baseless, then Nigerians would love to know Mr President's source of campaign funding. After all, whether federal or state purse, the money in question belongs to Nigeria people.

Apart from the $2.1billion Arms probe, a second probe panel, Presidential Committee on Defence Equipment Procurement was inaugurated in August 2015 to probe arms purchase since 2007. While several former senior military officers were arrested based on indictment by the panel, the President is yet to take action on the honourable minister of interior Gen Abdulraman Dambazau RTD, a former Chief of Army Staff that served between 2008 and 2010, despite his widely circulated indictment by the Presidential panel.

The case of Lt Gen Tukur Buratai, the serving Chief of Army Staff is another case that has put question on the anti-corruption toga by Muhammadu Buhari. When it was revealed that Buratai own a $1.5million worth of assets in Dubai, UAE, Nigerians were expecting Mr President to show him the exit, even if it was in the interim and allow him to clear his name. Instead, the so-called anti-corruption EFCC turned logic upside down by giving the General clean bill of health simply because he declared the assets before the CCB under the name of his wife. The EFCC however failed to tell Nigerians who the "billionaire" wife of Buratai is and what she does to legitimately acquire such asset. Perhaps, Buhari was simply telling us that it was lawful to misappropriate funds and "illegally" acquire assets as long as such assets are captured in CCB asset declaration forms.

How Incorruptible Is Muhammadu Buhari Administration?
One thing about this government is that the man leading it and his officers are good at sermonising Nigerians on fighting corruption while at the same time encouraging corruption.

While the government through DSS were quick to launch sting operations on judges whose previous judgement had gone in favor of opposition PDP candidates in the guise of cleansing the judiciary, same efforts wasn't extended to "pro-APC" judges including Justices Okon Abang and John Tshoho of Federal High Court, Abuja, as well as other justices. In Nigeria today, if a petitioner or litigants want to secure a favorable judgement against PDP, he will run to Justice Okon Abang, where he is guaranteed of his relief.

Ironically, one of the Ambassador nominee, Justice George Adeshola Oguntade, was on the Supreme Court panel that decided on the 2007 Election Petition brought by Muhammadu Buhari (then of ANPP), and he was the ONLY Justice in the panel that opined that the election was won by Buhari. This same retired Justice has been rewarded with Ambassadorial nomination. Was it for a "job well done" in 2008 or there was an undisclosed deal with Buhari that Nigerians aren't aware of? Is Buhari sending signal to judges and justices to give favorable ruling to political officeholders and expect political patronage upon retirement? Curiously, this same justice Oguntade was indicted my Mr Danladi Umar, the Chairman of Code of Conduct Tribunal of trying to influence a case before the tribunal.

Under this administration a lot of "mago-mago" recruitment that only targeted children of the privileged few have been carried out. From that of Central Bank of Nigeria to Federal Character Commission, to Federal Inland Revenue Service, and others that are yet unreported.

Furthermore, Mr President has deliberately refused to probe former governors in his cabinet despite several allegations against them.

Who is Buhari Deceiving?
If Obasanjo could fire his Minister of Housing Mobolaji Osomo for favoring some members of his late Wife's family over sales on some public Houses and reversed the sales, if Obasanjo could fire Iyocha Ayu, his Minister of Environment over corruption allegation, if Obasanjo could fire Fabian Osuji, his Education Minister over allegation of giving bribes to Senators and some Reps, if Obasanjo could sack and prosecute his kinsman and Inspector General of Police over allegation of corruption, if Obasanjo could approve the sack of Appeal Court Justices David Adedoyin Adeniji and Okwuchukwu Opene for collecting bribe from PDP's Senator Ugochukwu Ubah, if Obasanjo could arrest his childhood friend Otunba Oyewole Fasawe on allegation of corruption until the businessman got reprieve from the court, what stops Buhari from showing example?

It is on record that Buhari inherited EFCC and ICPC from PDP, how independent is the body under Buhari? Who is fooling who?

Is Buhari Really An Anti-Corruption Crusader?
We have to be sincere with ourselves when answering this question. The definition of anti-corruption crusade cannot be at the mercy of Buhari. It is universal irrespective of whose ox is gored.

For his refusal to declare his assets and liabilities, for his refusal to probe his campaign funding sources, for his refusal to probe or suspend his indicted associates and officials, for his refusal to extend the Judiciary cleaning to pro-APC justices, for his refusal to reverse the "magomago" appointments/recruitments done by his government, can we look at our conscience and say Buhari is an anti-corruption crusader?

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria

See more on Palmchat Community and other social media pages

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muhammadu Buhari: An Anti-corruption Or Pro-corruption Crusader? by optional1(f): 8:38pm On Oct 25, 2016
Amen

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari: An Anti-corruption Or Pro-corruption Crusader? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 25, 2016
I never read my Rx materials finish na to read note from a paid poster.
I'm better than this..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muhammadu Buhari: An Anti-corruption Or Pro-corruption Crusader? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:42pm On Oct 25, 2016
optional1:
Amen
Thank you for the birthday wish my pretty dear. I say Amen too

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari: An Anti-corruption Or Pro-corruption Crusader? by ritababe(f): 8:42pm On Oct 25, 2016
Re: Muhammadu Buhari: An Anti-corruption Or Pro-corruption Crusader? by TheFreeOne: 8:43pm On Oct 25, 2016
Guy it's just a monkey business and i once told you so.

In as much as this corruption fight ain't collective then it's nothing but shenanigan.

1 Share

Re: Muhammadu Buhari: An Anti-corruption Or Pro-corruption Crusader? by glassjar1: 8:43pm On Oct 25, 2016
He is a certificate less uneducated western puppet [za oza room ]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muhammadu Buhari: An Anti-corruption Or Pro-corruption Crusader? by vedaxcool(m): 8:44pm On Oct 25, 2016
Largas:
I'm better than this..

Gbam paid poster indeed. reading rubbish from a compromised individual is like deliberately placing one head into the mouth of a crocodile. .. you get what you truly deserve... pain and disappointment.

7 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Buhari: An Anti-corruption Or Pro-corruption Crusader? by optional1(f): 8:47pm On Oct 25, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Thank you for the birthday wish my pretty dear. I say Amen too

You highly welcome sir....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muhammadu Buhari: An Anti-corruption Or Pro-corruption Crusader? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:48pm On Oct 25, 2016
Okay, I actually never expected anything reasonable from some of our "zombie" compatriots.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammadu Buhari: An Anti-corruption Or Pro-corruption Crusader? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 25, 2016
vedaxcool:

Gbam paid poster indeed. reading rubbish from a compromised individual is like deliberately placing one head into the mouth of a crocodile. .. you get what you truly deserve... pain and disappointment.

gringringringringringrin

I never take the OP character serious, not in the past, not now nor in the foreseeable future.
I've never been gullible.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muhammadu Buhari: An Anti-corruption Or Pro-corruption Crusader? by padi94(m): 8:50pm On Oct 25, 2016
Buhari has a shady nowencleture, looks somekind

Buhari came to revenge those who he considers his enemies. Thats all angry

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari: An Anti-corruption Or Pro-corruption Crusader? by vedaxcool(m): 8:55pm On Oct 25, 2016
Largas:

gringringringringringrin

I never take the OP character serious, not in the past, not now nor in the foreseeable future.

The word laughing stock is an understatement of what truly describes this man. Imagine talking about corruption while gbawe made the earth shattering allegations of someone asking for settlement for his services to be extended ... when he didn't recieve settlement he immediately jumped ship and rushed to a party he castigated and condemn for their brazen corruption. My brother isn't this the peak of corruption and moral depravity?

4 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Buhari: An Anti-corruption Or Pro-corruption Crusader? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:01pm On Oct 25, 2016
[s]
vedaxcool:

The word laughing stock is an understatement of what truly describes this man. Imagine talking about corruption while gbawe made the earth shattering allegations of someone asking for settlement for his services to be extended ... when he didn't recieve settlement he immediately jumped ship and rushed to a party he castigated and condemn for their brazen corruption. My brother isn't this the peak of corruption and moral depravity?
[/s]
It's been ONE YEAR and 8 months since I left your APC, yet you are not over it. I sympathise with you.

Nice try on the baseless and rhetorical accusation that fiddled away naturally due to the baselessness of it. I pray ask, How Long Shall you mourn my exit from APC?

Meanwhile, you are detailing the topic which is against NL rule. Pele

5 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Buhari: An Anti-corruption Or Pro-corruption Crusader? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:02pm On Oct 25, 2016
padi94:
Buhari has a shady nowencleture, looks somekind

Buhari came to revenge those who he considers his enemies. Thats all angry
Like we always say his sins shall find him out and nemesis is already catching up with him.

Lalasticlala come and do the needful Sir.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari: An Anti-corruption Or Pro-corruption Crusader? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 25, 2016
vedaxcool:

LOL. I believe that is a rhetoric question because the FACTS answer it.

One who has a bad stomach, ejects off the faeces, turns around and stoops low to eat his faecal ejection can be likened to a Dog that is loyal to anyman who holds the Bone, be he a thief, peasant or a nobleman.

Those of us who knew this Character from Genesis know what he is capable of. He is currently swarmed by blind partymen and maybe, newbies.

Their eyes will soon open.

6 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Buhari: An Anti-corruption Or Pro-corruption Crusader? by TheFreeOne: 9:09pm On Oct 25, 2016
Largas:

gringringringringringrin

vedaxcool:

Instead of you guys attacking OP kindly address valid points raised.

Is Buhari sincerely fighting corruption from what we've witnessed so far? Be sincere to yourselves.

3 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Buhari: An Anti-corruption Or Pro-corruption Crusader? by INTROVERT(f): 9:12pm On Oct 25, 2016
[s][/s]
Re: Muhammadu Buhari: An Anti-corruption Or Pro-corruption Crusader? by Afam4eva(m): 9:12pm On Oct 25, 2016
Abeg make we hear word. One minute you're saying one thing, another minute you're saying something else. The only thing consistent in your articles is the grammar you use to deceive people. Choose a stand and stand by it and stop moving wherever breeze puushes you to.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammadu Buhari: An Anti-corruption Or Pro-corruption Crusader? by Nafizzey(m): 9:14pm On Oct 25, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
During the 2015 electioneering period, President Muhammadu Buhari, then an opposition candidate and his All Progressive Congress promised several things to Nigeria including fighting corruption to standstill and run a transparent government. In fact, Buhari pledged to lead by example by following the patriotic step of late Musa Yaradua to publicly declare his assets and liabilities if/when elected. A promise that impressed several Nigeria electorates.

Upon assumption of power in 2015, Buhari wouldn't spare his audience on his lamentation of the monster called corruption. However, the BIG QUESTION is "Is Buhari really an anti-corruption or a pro-corruption crusader?"

His Anti-Corruption Vs His Pro-Corruption Crusade:
Around August 2015, President Buhari launched probe into a $2.1billion funds that was meant for the purchase of arms to fight against Boko Haram terrorists which was allegedly mismanaged by some officers of the immediate past administration, and the funds allegedly used to prosecute the unsuccessful second term bid of President Goodluck Jonathan. While several officers of the past administration including former NSA Sambo Dasuki and some chieftains of the PDP were arrested, the government of Buhari has failed to reciprocate in kind to probe the source of funding of APC 2015 campaign that he was the chief beneficiary and upon which he came to power.

Specifically, Nigerians are yet to know the total campaign expenditure of President Buhari and APC for the 2015 Presidential election as well as the sources the funds came from. It is alleged that Governors under APC and other public officers were made to "help their man" from public treasury for him to win the 2015 poll. If such is true, does the President still possess moral legitimacy to even speak on anti-corruption? If the allegation is baseless, then Nigerians would love to know Mr President's source of campaign funding. After all, whether federal or state purse, the money in question belongs to Nigeria people.

Apart from the $2.1billion Arms probe, a second probe panel, Presidential Committee on Defence Equipment Procurement was inaugurated in August 2015 to probe arms purchase since 2007. While several former senior military officers were arrested based on indictment by the panel, the President is yet to take action on the honourable minister of interior Gen Abdulraman Dambazau RTD, a former Chief of Army Staff that served between 2008 and 2010, despite his widely circulated indictment by the Presidential panel.

The case of Lt Gen Tukur Buratai, the serving Chief of Army Staff is another case that has put question on the anti-corruption toga by Muhammadu Buhari. When it was revealed that Buratai own a $1.5million worth of assets in Dubai, UAE, Nigerians were expecting Mr President to show him the exit, even if it was in the interim and allow him to clear his name. Instead, the so-called anti-corruption EFCC turned logic upside down by giving the General clean bill of health simply because he declared the assets before the CCB under the name of his wife. The EFCC however failed to tell Nigerians who the "billionaire" wife of Buratai is and what she does to legitimately acquire such asset. Perhaps, Buhari was simply telling us that it was lawful to misappropriate funds and "illegally" acquire assets as long as such assets are captured in CCB asset declaration forms.

How Incorruptible Is Muhammadu Buhari Administration?
One thing about this government is that the man leading it and his officers are good at sermonising Nigerians on fighting corruption while at the same time encouraging corruption.

While the government through DSS were quick to launch sting operations on judges whose previous judgement had gone in favor of opposition PDP candidates in the guise of cleansing the judiciary, same efforts wasn't extended to "pro-APC" judges including Justices Okon Abang and John Tshoho of Federal High Court, Abuja, as well as other justices. In Nigeria today, if a petitioner or litigants want to secure a favorable judgement against PDP, he will run to Justice Okon Abang, where he is guaranteed of his relief.

Ironically, one of the Ambassador nominee, Justice George Adeshola Oguntade, was on the Supreme Court panel that decided on the 2007 Election Petition brought by Muhammadu Buhari (then of ANPP), and he was the ONLY Justice in the panel that opined that the election was won by Buhari. This same retired Justice has been rewarded with Ambassadorial nomination. Was it for a "job well done" in 2008 or there was an undisclosed deal with Buhari that Nigerians aren't aware of? Is Buhari sending signal to judges and justices to give favorable ruling to political officeholders and expect political patronage upon retirement? Curiously, this same justice Oguntade was indicted my Mr Danladi Umar, the Chairman of Code of Conduct Tribunal of trying to influence a case before the tribunal.

Under this administration a lot of "mago-mago" recruitment that only targeted children of the privileged few have been carried out. From that of Central Bank of Nigeria to Federal Character Commission, to Federal Inland Revenue Service, and others that are yet unreported.

Furthermore, Mr President has deliberately refused to probe former governors in his cabinet despite several allegations against them.

Who is Buhari Deceiving?
If Obasanjo could fire his Minister of Housing Mobolaji Osomo for favoring some members of his late Wife's family over sales on some public Houses and reversed the sales, if Obasanjo could fire Iyocha Ayu, his Minister of Environment over corruption allegation, if Obasanjo could fire Fabian Osuji, his Education Minister over allegation of giving bribes to Senators and some Reps, if Obasanjo could sack and prosecute his kinsman and Inspector General of Police over allegation of corruption, if Obasanjo could approve the sack of Appeal Court Justices David Adedoyin Adeniji and Okwuchukwu Opene for collecting bribe from PDP's Senator Ugochukwu Ubah, if Obasanjo could arrest his childhood friend Otunba Oyewole Fasawe on allegation of corruption until the businessman got reprieve from the court, what stops Buhari from showing example?

It is on record that Buhari inherited EFCC and ICPC from PDP, how independent is the body under Buhari? Who is fooling who?

Is Buhari Really An Anti-Corruption Crusader?
We have to be sincere with ourselves when answering this question. The definition of anti-corruption crusade cannot be at the mercy of Buhari. It is universal irrespective of whose ox is gored.

For his refusal to declare his assets and liabilities, for his refusal to probe his campaign funding sources, for his refusal to probe or suspend his indicted associates and officials, for his refusal to extend the Judiciary cleaning to pro-APC justices, for his refusal to reverse the "magomago" appointments/recruitments done by his government, can we look at our conscience and say Buhari is an anti-corruption crusader?

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria
Great piece Sir, please check your mail...

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari: An Anti-corruption Or Pro-corruption Crusader? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:16pm On Oct 25, 2016
TheFreeOne:

Instead of you guys attacking OP kindly address valid points raised.

Is Buhari sincerely fighting corruption from what we've witnessed so far? Be sincere to yourselves.
Well what do you expect from them when they are yet to recover from my exit of their APC. Funny enough same clowns assumed that I'll return but after one year and eight months they couldn't hide their frustration.

meanwhile, I have no interest in online trolls, I'm only focused on providing opposition.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari: An Anti-corruption Or Pro-corruption Crusader? by Sweetguy25: 9:19pm On Oct 25, 2016
Buhari does not have the rectitude to fight corruption. . .Morally
Re: Muhammadu Buhari: An Anti-corruption Or Pro-corruption Crusader? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:19pm On Oct 25, 2016
Afam4eva:
Abeg make we hear word. One minute you're saying one thing, another minute you're saying something else. The only thing consistent in your articles is the grammar you use to deceive people. Choose a stand and stand by it and stop moving wherever breeze puushes you to.
It isn't my fault that you can't write my brother. Beside, no need to keep hating bro, knowledge comes from God alone. But if you are so pained by my writing please, IGNORE my posts or write your own. Beside, I can't remember EVER asking for your opinion whether on this piece or previous ones.

BTW Thanks for reminding me that you still exist, I almost forgot. grin
Re: Muhammadu Buhari: An Anti-corruption Or Pro-corruption Crusader? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:23pm On Oct 25, 2016
Nafizzey:
Great piece Sir, please check your mail...
Will do so Sir.

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari: An Anti-corruption Or Pro-corruption Crusader? by Dcomrade(m): 9:30pm On Oct 25, 2016
Largas:
I'm better than this..
Yet you had the time to open the thread.. ...paid or not, get the message and stop exposing your ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari: An Anti-corruption Or Pro-corruption Crusader? by engineerboat(m): 9:31pm On Oct 25, 2016
Buhari will remain the most pro-corruption crusader of all time in the history of Nigeria.

His antecedents are still much close by.

2 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Buhari: An Anti-corruption Or Pro-corruption Crusader? by Dcomrade(m): 9:31pm On Oct 25, 2016
INTROVERT:
[s][/s]
undecided
Re: Muhammadu Buhari: An Anti-corruption Or Pro-corruption Crusader? by Dcomrade(m): 9:32pm On Oct 25, 2016
Anti Zombie mode activated grin
Re: Muhammadu Buhari: An Anti-corruption Or Pro-corruption Crusader? by Ratello: 9:34pm On Oct 25, 2016
Tonye always on point I like this. @ Vedaxcool be very very careful embarassed
Re: Muhammadu Buhari: An Anti-corruption Or Pro-corruption Crusader? by Opinedecandid(m): 9:36pm On Oct 25, 2016
The answer is obvious, check the events unfolding in the country.

He is a corruption advocate, period!
Re: Muhammadu Buhari: An Anti-corruption Or Pro-corruption Crusader? by Dcomrade(m): 9:39pm On Oct 25, 2016
Nice article
Re: Muhammadu Buhari: An Anti-corruption Or Pro-corruption Crusader? by engineerboat(m): 9:56pm On Oct 25, 2016
The president that surrounds himself with crooks and thief.

His continually habouring of indicted thieves in his cabinets will continue to make him the most corrupt president in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari's Dance Of Shame, What A Zoo Of A Country! / Another Epic Reply From Efcc....lol / Dasuki's Only Sin Was Serving Under Jonathan - Col. Umar Blasts Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.