Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi - Phones (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi (137753 Views)

The MTN Cheat Will Soon Be Blocked. One Word For This Guy. / Need To Unlock The New Glo Mifi E5573CS-933 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by tr3y(m): 3:08pm On Dec 21, 2016
Unlocked my 322.

The boot shot seems hard at first but its actually easy.

Thanks to cafeluv for the step by step procedure.

Adios
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by Wilfem(m): 3:14pm On Dec 21, 2016
frebor:

I never experience that kind error before, I'm sure guys will help you out

Same with me too. I've never experienced anything like this before. And it's like there's another guy who followed the same tutorial and got the mifi dead as mine was before reviving it back. I'm seriously waiting for help and assistance into how to make the blinkings stop whenever it is powering on
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by nurez305(m): 6:54pm On Dec 21, 2016
amnps:

I tried doing this on my own by going through Google to see if I could get any help, but every guide I got was hazy and all confusing. So, I had to give a friend in Computer village to get mine cracked and voila, I have other network sims like Etisalat, Ntel, Glo (except Spectranet and yet to try out Swift and Smile) working on it. The only problem is that I'm limited to 3G from Glo and Etisalat. Well, I guess it has to do with the 4G "band" wahala.
hello bro, please i need you to explain something to me.. I am thinking to buy mtn mifi, but what i dont understand is the unlock u guys are discusing... Must i unluck it before i can use it or what. Becos i thought it should start working immediately i bought... Pleas explain more on this sir
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by duwdu: 8:32pm On Dec 21, 2016
nurez305:
hello bro, please i need you to explain something to me.. I am thinking to buy mtn mifi, but what i dont understand is the unlock u guys are discusing... Must i unluck it before i can use it or what. Becos i thought it should start working immediately i bought... Pleas explain more on this sir

Short answer: If you want to use the MTN MiFi solely on the MTN network, then you do NOT need to unlock it; it will start working immediately (out of the box.)

Long answer: You don't have to unlock any device to use it with the network it is branded with (that is, the network that provided/sold the device or modem and locked it to it's own network.)

However, you must unlock a device to be able to use it with a network other than the network the device was originally locked to, or branded with. In this case, the device must also support the frequency band(s) — if different — being used by the other network(s) you want to use the device with.

Hope that helps a bit? Good luck.

P34c3

2 Likes

Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by Wilfem(m): 9:42pm On Dec 21, 2016
Still waiting for the assistance from you guys on how to stop the blinking lights while powered on.
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by johnolusetire97(m): 10:13pm On Dec 21, 2016
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by saint2ace(m): 10:27pm On Dec 21, 2016
Wilfem:
Still waiting for the assistance from you guys on how to stop the blinking lights while powered on.

Hi Wilfem, from your explanations you used a different method from what has been written here; why don't you go through the process as illustrated on this thread, starting from the very beginning of bootshooting the board of the mifi, load the bin file and loading the firmware as if from the beginning, since you've unlocked it theres no need to calculate the unlock code using either putty or the unlock calculator, then loading your desired webui. Try these and give us a feedback.

Cheers......
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by nurez305(m): 9:10am On Dec 22, 2016
duwdu:

Short answer: If you want to use the MTN MiFi solely on the MTN network, then you do NOT need to unlock it; it will start working immediately (out of the box.)

Long answer: You don't have to unlock any device to use it with the network it is branded with (that is, the network that provided/sold the device or modem and locked it to it's own network.)

However, you must unlock a device to be able to use it with a network other than the network the device was originally locked to, or branded with. In this case, the device must also support the frequency band(s) — if different — being used by the other network(s) you want to use the device with.

P34c3
this really help... thanks so much bro
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by Jwonder(m): 10:40am On Dec 22, 2016
i want to buy a mifi but confused on which one to go for? I would like a mifi that is compatible with almost all other network bands, please help..!!! Don't want to regret buying the wrong one.
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by Wilfem(m): 10:47am On Dec 22, 2016
saint2ace:

Hi Wilfem, from your explanations you used a different method from what has been written here; why don't you go through the process as illustrated on this thread, starting from the very beginning of bootshooting the board of the mifi, load the bin file and loading the firmware as if from the beginning, since you've unlocked it theres no need to calculate the unlock code using either putty or the unlock calculator, then loading your desired webui. Try these and give us a feedback.

Cheers......

I've tried so and it's still the same thing. The blinking lights still continue. Like someone once said, I've never experienced thing of such before. I even got in touch with the guys from routerunlock.com, they still said the same thing, since the device is kinda new for now
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by eraly(m): 11:27am On Dec 22, 2016
Jwonder:
i want to buy a mifi but confused on which one to go for? I would like a mifi that is compatible with almost all other network bands, please help..!!! Don't want to regret buying the wrong one.

Go for Spectranet own. It is Huawei E5573s-606 and thank GOD later, not even me. grin
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by Jwonder(m): 12:57pm On Dec 22, 2016
eraly:

Go for Spectranet own. It is Huawei E5573s-606 and thank GOD later, not even me. grin

How much is it and can it be easily UNLOCKED TO WORK WITH OTHER NETWORKS, and i doubt if Spectranent has a coverage in Awka ibom where i school, and that means can only be used when I'm in Lag.. what about glo?? i heard it's good
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by eraly(m): 1:19pm On Dec 22, 2016
Jwonder:

How much is it and can it be easily UNLOCKED TO WORK WITH OTHER NETWORKS, and i doubt if Spectranent has a coverage in Awka ibom where i school, and that means can only be used when I'm in Lag.. what about glo?? i heard it's good

I bought mine from a friend in Lagos (I am in kwara state). It can be easily unlocked to work with other Networks. Glo 4G, MTN 4G, Etisalat 4G, Ntel 4G will work fine on it. Spectranet does not need to av coverage anywia to use d mifi so far its unlocked to use oda sims/networks.

Glo mifi only work with Glo 4G and Mtn 4G. But oda networks 3G would work fine on it.

Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by smartluvu(m): 6:03pm On Dec 22, 2016
Please kindly help me unlock this modem

MTN Huawei Mobile wifi E5573c
IMEI: 861791030444527
S/N: DGFDW16906003803
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by eraly(m): 9:06pm On Dec 22, 2016
smartluvu:
Please kindly help me unlock this modem

MTN Huawei Mobile wifi E5573c
IMEI: 861791030444527
S/N: DGFDW16906003803

I am not sure d mifi can be unlocked remotely. Wia are u based? Do u av a pc?
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by Jwonder(m): 10:42pm On Dec 22, 2016
please i would like to buy an already unlocked Spectranet Huawei E5573s-606 mifi..

1 Like

Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by Jodforex(m): 10:51pm On Dec 22, 2016
Jwonder:
please i would like to buy an already unlocked Spectranet Huawei E5573s-606 mifi..

I want this too.. .. Stay in PH
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by eraly(m): 11:00pm On Dec 22, 2016
Jodforex:

I want this too.. .. Stay in PH

U two should enter olx and jiji.
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by smartluvu(m): 11:00pm On Dec 22, 2016
eraly:

I am not sure d mifi can be unlocked remotely. Wia are u based? Do u av a pc?

I am based in lagos state and i do have a pc
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by eraly(m): 11:14pm On Dec 22, 2016
smartluvu:

I am based in lagos state and i do have a pc

Whatsapp me on 0. 8. 0 3. 6. 4. 7. 6. 0. 5. 5.
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by smartluvu(m): 8:55am On Dec 23, 2016
eraly:

Whatsapp me on

I will
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by Bossmd: 10:13am On Dec 23, 2016
Where can I unlock my router in Computer Village? Any contacts??
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by tyoba: 11:02am On Dec 23, 2016
Wilfem:

Thanks for your response. It's actually 322, when it is powering on, the 2 lights would come up, but thereafter it'll be just one and will neither broadcast nor connect.

Guy, the reason is simply because ur password and others may be wrong. When I flashed mine earlier and erased everything, I could not connect to mifi. Connect your mifi to your pc with the cable, pc would detect it and connect vide wire. log into the web ui and manually type in the ssid password with that at the back of ur case and rename same. My PC doesnt see my 302 as 302 but something else and working fine though
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by Bossmd: 8:31am On Dec 24, 2016
My Mifi was unlocked in computer village yesterday under 15 minutes.
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by hemor(m): 10:09am On Dec 24, 2016
tr3y:
Unlocked my 322.

The boot shot seems hard at first but its actually easy.

Thanks to cafeluv for the step by step procedure.

Adios
Bros please can you give me the step by step process of unlocking the E5573Cs-322 router especially the boot shot part. It's really confusing.
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by tr3y(m): 10:20am On Dec 24, 2016
hemor:

Bros please can you give me the step by step process of unlocking the E5573Cs-322 router especially the boot shot part. It's really confusing.

Go back a few pages you will see the image on where to place your metal/tweezer for bootshoting the cs322, then follow cafeluv procedure.

It's really easy. Just make sure you have device manager open while trying the boot shot to know if it was successful or not. it successful it will show your device com port.

cheers
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by tyoba: 2:51pm On Dec 24, 2016
Wilfem:

I've tried so and it's still the same thing. The blinking lights still continue. Like someone once said, I've never experienced thing of such before. I even got in touch with the guys from routerunlock.com, they still said the same thing, since the device is kinda new for now

My 1st mtn device suffered from the same thing . Its d unlock method. U actually erased everything. I bet you can't even reset ur mifi. Try calculating ur unlock code, u will get error because the values are no longer der. The wiped the device clean.

It's working fine though. Load the general firmware and Iranian Web UI. Connect to a pc and set up all relevant settings. Ssid and password.
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 24, 2016
duwdu:

P34c3

Mine isn't working out of the box. It connects me to a page to buy data and it's a new mifi with the 20GB equipped with it. What could be the problem?

Cc Dustmalik
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by ThatDudeFego(m): 3:48pm On Dec 24, 2016
Thanks again everyone . I have now unlocked my mtn mifi e5773cs 322 . And to those still having one issue or the other, just go through the previous pages , i assure you that all your intending questions have been answered . And also if you are stuck on that stage where the putty is blank with no codes generated : this is because you are using the wrong port number as was my case, you are meant to get 2 port numbers(different from what you had after boot shotting the device) from which you'll pick one . It may not necessarily reflect on your device manager(i had this issue) ?> So while you are still on the balong app i.e after loading the .bin file , click detect again and you'll see the needed port numbers on the dropdown menu

Thanks again , everyone and merry christmas
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by duwdu: 7:03pm On Dec 24, 2016
ollah1:

Mine isn't working out of the box. It connects me to a page to buy data and it's a new mifi with the 20GB equipped with it. What could be the problem?

Cc Dustmalik

That usually means the data is actually not there, or not activated, somehow.

First confirm the data is actually there, and that your APN details are correct. If the data and APN dopes are OK and you're still being redirected, then you may need to contact Customer Support, or lookout for further assistance on here.

Good luck.

P34c3
Re: Who Has Been Able To Unlock The MTN 4G Mifi by Nobody: 2:23am On Dec 25, 2016
duwdu:

That usually means the data is actually not there, or not activated, somehow.

First confirm the data is actually there, and that your APN details are correct. If the data and APN dopes are OK and you're still being redirected, then you may need to contact Customer Support, or lookout for further assistance on here.

Good luck.

P34c3

Thanks bro. It's resolved. The data sent to the number didn't reflect so.i had to revisit the location for complaints. He resent another without checking the previous one. I've got the previous one working perfectly now while the new one is pending

Thanks all the same bud

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (44) (Reply)

Get Airtel 10gb For N100, 20gb For N200 And Unlimited Data For N300 / Yoruba Bible Free Download / How To Repair Damaged Or Corrupted Sd Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.