Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,302 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? (10964 Views)

Is Mary Omnipresent Like God That She Can Hear All Those Praying To Her? / Mary The Mother Of Jesus Had No Other Children. A Biblical Perspective / Is Mary Really The Queen Of Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:23pm On Dec 24, 2016
solite3:
the word became flesh telling you mary bore a man not God.
Jesus existed before Mary. He is before all things.
I respect Mary not because she bear the man Christ Jesus but because of her faith.
Mary never gave her self the title theotokus, neither did Jesus or the disciples in fact Mary never played any significant role in the church like the apostles it was pagans that gave her that name. Your Jesus is the Antichrist not the Jesus of the bible.
You religion is called the cult of mary! The church of Christ is built on Jesus not Mary.
Jesus has d fulnes of d godhead bodily, if mary only gave birth to d man Jesus, who gave birth to d one who had d fulnes of d godhead bodily?
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Dec 24, 2016
Ubenedictus:
nobody said JESUS divine nature was formed in mary's womb, abeg dont accuse us falsely.

what we said is that she gave birth to GOD.
My spirit isnt produced by my mum, but she gave birth to me body and spirit, she is still my mother. u cant say she only gave birth to my body not d spirit. she gave birth to both.

Jesus divinity and spirit wasnt developed by mary but she still gave birth to a person who is God and man, u cant say she only gave birth to d man and not to God, unless u claim Jesus is 2 different persons.
It is very correct to say Mary was the mother of the man Jesus not God. Jesus existed before Mary but I did not exist before my mother she gave birth to me. Jesus was not like that Jesus was existing before Mary to say Mary was the mother of God is wrong. There is difference between the man Christ Jesus and God. While Mary was the mother of the man Christ Jesus but not the mother of the word. If you understand this then there is no reason to call Mary mother of God but mother of Jesus.
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Dec 24, 2016
Ubenedictus:
Jesus has d fulnes of d godhead bodily, if mary only gave birth to d man Jesus, who gave birth to d one who had d fulnes of d godhead bodily?
the fullness of the God head is God's totality which indwell the man Christ Jesus Mary was not the mother of this divine nature. For example the bible records that John was filled with the holy Spirit from his mother's womb does that mean that Elizabeth is the mother of the holy Spirit? Certainly not Mary is the mother of Jesus human nature not his divine nature. Shallom
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:42pm On Dec 24, 2016
solite3:
It is very correct to say Mary was the mother of the man Jesus not God. Jesus existed before Mary but I did not exist before my mother she gave birth to me. Jesus was not like that Jesus was existing before Mary to say Mary was the mother of God is wrong. There is difference between the man Christ Jesus and the word. While Mary was the mother of the man Christ Jesus but not the mother of the word. If you understand this then there is no reason to call Mary mother of God but mother of Jesus.
Pre-existence has nothing to do with motherhood! there are people who believe in re-incanation and blive they are older that their mum, but their mother is still their mother.

once a woman gives birth then she is d mother of whatever she has birthed, it has nothing to do with preexistence. the test of motherhood is birth not preexistence.

infact who exist before who is non seqitur in dis discussion
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:44pm On Dec 24, 2016
solite3:
saying Mary is the mother of God the son means God the Son has his origin from Mary hope you know what you are saying.
NO SIR, IT MEANS AT A TIME IN HISTORY GOD D SON CAME TO EARTH AND WAS BORN BY A WOMAN CALLED MARY.

1 Like

Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:45pm On Dec 24, 2016
solite3:
the word became flesh not the word became God.Mary is not the Mother of God but of Jesus the Man just as David is not the father of God.
The word is already God! the word that is already God took flesh in mary's womb and was born.
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:47pm On Dec 24, 2016
solite3:
Jesus didn't start being God he has always been but he was a man in Mary's womb that means Mary was the mother of the man Christ Jesus not God.
Jesus didnt stop been GOD when he took flesh did he?
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:50pm On Dec 24, 2016
solite3:
the fullness of the God head is God's totality which indwell the man Christ Jesus Mary was not the mother of this divine nature. For example the bible records that John was filled with the holy Spirit from his mother's womb does that mean that Elizabeth is the mother of the holy Spirit? Certainly not Mary is the mother of Jesus human nature not his divine nature. Shallom
D godhead means d nature of God, JESUS HAD THAT FULL DIVINE NATURE BODILY! mary gave birth to sum1 who is God by nature. john wasnt god by nature, he doesnt even enter dis issue.
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by Syncan(m): 7:29am On Dec 25, 2016
solite3:
it is clear you don't even know what you are saying.
Who is accusing who? Are you not the one accusing me?
Isaiah didn't say Mary is the mother of God.
Blowing your trumpet? Hahahaha.
Keep on destroying your self with false doctrine that Jesus or the apostles never knew. If any man or even an angel preach another Jesus the apostles never preached let him be accursed.

Go back and read my post again slowly.

I don't practice faith your satanic faith of marianism which like you said was developed by men.

Hahahaha, do you even read my posts? Abi "my pastor say" don cloud your brain. In this your post for instance what point have you made? Scripture stare at you in the face, but you fail to realize truth. See as you just de rant with hate.

The word became flesh in Mary's womb Jn.1:14, Mary bore the word. The word was God Jn1:1, Mary bore God. Mary is Theotokus (God bearer)

Merry Christmas Solite3
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by Syncan(m): 7:46am On Dec 25, 2016
solite3:
the word became flesh telling you mary bore a man not God.
Jesus existed before Mary. He is before all things.
I respect Mary not because she bear the man Christ Jesus but because of her faith.
Mary never gave her self the title theotokus, neither did Jesus or the disciples in fact Mary never played any significant role in the church like the apostles it was pagans that gave her that name. Your Jesus is the Antichrist not the Jesus of the bible.
You religion is called the cult of mary
! The church of Christ is built on Jesus not Mary.

Chai, sorry o. The word became flesh, means God took flesh Jn1:1-14. This God, that Mary bore, was worshiped by the wise men (Matt.2:11). This God, that Mary bore, forgave sins (Mark.2:5). All generations shall call her blessed, it's scriptural cheesy

Merry Christmas solite3

2 Likes

Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by Syncan(m): 7:55am On Dec 25, 2016
solite3:
when a man has run out of reason he results to insults that is your case.
Yet none of this showed Mary is the mother of God. It is not a matter of shame,Mary cannot give birth to God cause God is not born neither is he made. Mary was only the mother of the man Jesus not the word. The word had existed before Mary john 1:1.

What exactly in my post is the Insult? Brethren make una see o, "wherefore consider, I pray you, and see how he seeketh a quarrel against me" 2Kings.5:7. Jesus was never man alone, the child in Mary's womb is the word that took flesh Jn.1:14.

Merry Christmas Solite3
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:13pm On Dec 25, 2016
Ubenedictus:

DID mary not carry the lord GOD almighty and cared for him? it has nothing to do with who preceds or is greater. she did a good job, gave birth to God and cared for him.
na u know weytin concern greatnes for inside.

If Mary was at a point greater than the almighty God then that explains why you guys worship and adore her.
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:14pm On Dec 25, 2016
Ubenedictus:

Y NOT?

So you believe those apocryphal stories that says He turned stones to birds in childhood. undecided
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:06am On Dec 26, 2016
Ubenedictus:

let us clap for the new nestorius d bibler says "in him dwellth the fullness of d godhead bodily. he didnt leave his god nature in heaven.

See what bible scholars wrote Jesus.

Philippians 2:6
"Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Powered by phpBible.org

New Defender's Study Bible Notes

2:6 form of God. Jesus Christ was God from eternity (John 1:1-3), the Creator of all things.

2:6 not robbery. He was not fearful of losing His deity when He exchanged the outward form of God for the outward form of man; that is, He did not have to cling to His deity as a robber would his plunder. He could not cease being God. The word for “robbery” is used only this one time in the New Testament.

Philippians 2:7
2:7 no reputation. That is, He "emptied Himself." The Greek word is kenoo, and this self-emptying of Christ has been called the "kenosis" doctrine. Certain liberals have suggested that He became human in the sense that He was fallible, possibly even sinful, but such thinking is wrong and dangerous. He not only "came down from heaven," He was still "in heaven" (John 3:13). He was not sent down from heaven in sinful flesh, but only in "the likeness of sinful flesh" (Romans 8:3). He was "made in the likeness of men" with a miraculously created human body that inherited nothing whatever of Adam's sinful nature. Even though He exchanged the outward form of God for that of a human slave, He never stopped being "very God of very God," as the old creed expressed it.

Philippians 2:8
2:8 humbled himself. He not only stooped from the glory of heaven’s throne to become a true human being, yet sinless, but He also became like a bondservant and finally like a guilty criminal, condemned to die, even(!) to die in what has been said to be the most excruciatingly painful death conceivable, that of crucifixion. His obedience all through His life culminated in this ultimate act of obedience (note Hebrews 5:cool, and it was all for us!
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 26, 2016
Ubenedictus:
Pre-existence has nothing to do with motherhood! there are people who believe in re-incanation and blive they are older that their mum, but their mother is still their mother.

once a woman gives birth then she is d mother of whatever she has birthed, it has nothing to do with preexistence. the test of motherhood is birth not preexistence.

infact who exist before who is non seqitur in dis discussion
pre existentence has everything to do with motherhood.
A baby can never pre exist her mum.
Re incarnation is a myth. Reality is no baby preexist her mother.for example a woman of 30 can not claim she is the mother of a 31years old can she?
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 26, 2016
Ubenedictus:
NO SIR, IT MEANS AT A TIME IN HISTORY GOD D SON CAME TO EARTH AND WAS BORN BY A WOMAN CALLED MARY.
you can only connect the human nature of Christ to time not his divine nature.
God was not born by mary but the man Christ Jesus was born. For example when Jesus died it wasn't God that died but the man Jesus, when Jesus slept it wasn't God that slept but the man.
So you can't say Mary is the mother of God but the mother of Jesus. You never read anywhere the apostles call mary mother of God.
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 26, 2016
Ubenedictus:
The word is already God! the word that is already God took flesh in mary's womb and was born.
I didn't say the word is not God. If the word took flesh and was born as man then Mary could only be the mother of the man and if Jesus is already God before mary's existence then Mary cannot be the mother of God. Do you know that in the world to come nothing like father or mother or husband or wife but all will be brethren. They will have just one father God. Earthly relationship ends on earth. All human spirits are the same age. The very day God created Adam was the very day he created everyone.
In heaven Mary will just be like my sister
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 26, 2016
Ubenedictus:
Jesus didnt stop been GOD when he took flesh did he?
nope Jesus didn't stop being God but Mary was never the mother of God.
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 26, 2016
Ubenedictus:
D godhead means d nature of God, JESUS HAD THAT FULL DIVINE NATURE BODILY! mary gave birth to sum1 who is God by nature. john wasnt god by nature, he doesnt even enter dis issue.
John wasn't God but was filled with the holy spirit from his mother's womb can we say Elisabeth carry the holy Spirit who is God in her womb with John?

Mary give birth to a physical being Jesus not God.
Remember God is a spirit. Jesus human nature and divine nature are completely separate. One dwells and operates in time the other does not.
Jesus as human was born but Jesus as God was not born
Jesus as human was created but Jesus as God was not created.
while Jesus the man and was a baby God was not a baby
As human he was lower than the angels but as God he was above all.
Mary was his mother as a man but as God he has no origin nor descent.
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 26, 2016
Syncan:

Hahahaha, do you even read my posts? Abi "my pastor say" don cloud your brain. In this your post for instance what point have you made? Scripture stare at you in the face, but you fail to realize truth. See as you just de rant with hate.

The word became flesh in Mary's womb Jn.1:14, Mary bore the word. The word was God Jn1:1, Mary bore God. Mary is Theotokus (God bearer)

Merry Christmas Solite3
you can't reason without insults.
Do well and read my reply to ubenedictus.

Smh
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by Syncan(m): 10:35am On Dec 26, 2016
solite3:
you can't reason without insults.
Do well and read my reply to ubenedictus.

Smh

You simply have nothing to say. Go through your posts and see how "courteous" and "truthful"you've been, I highlighted some of it before making my statements at each point. They are not hidden, they are here for all to see.
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by MrMontella(m): 12:39pm On Dec 26, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

why are you refusing to reply syncan?
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by MrMontella(m): 12:52pm On Dec 26, 2016

Funny man you are asking me where is the
alleged books Paul wrote.

1 Corinthians 5:9-13 Good News Translation (GNT)
In the letter that I wrote you I told you not to associate with immoral people.
see..there's another pauline supposedly inspired book...thats not in the bible..

Well what we have
today is the complete bible nothing more!
which ?
the one martin luther determined or the one the catholics did?
Or the one of the assyrian church of the east?
Or the coptic bible?
Which one sire?

Any other book is not inspired are at best forged.
how do you also account for instances in the
bible like Matt 2:23?
Matt 23:2-3?
1 Cor 10:4?
2 Tim 3:8?
1 Peter 3:19?
Jude 9?
James 5:17?
None of these statements appear in the old testament..
Even Jesus quoted a statement not found in the old testament in John 7:38

but they appear in other non-canonized books...
Are the also non-inspired?

Even in the old testament there are cases like these...some books are/were considered the word of God but are not in your bible...eg The acts of solomon

??
Cc.olaadegbu solite3
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by ichuka(m): 9:35pm On Dec 26, 2016
How can she be the mother of her God?
Luke1:
“My soul glorifies the Lord
47and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
48for he has been mindful
of the humble state of his servant.
From now on all generations will call me blessed,
49for the Mighty One has done great things for me—
holy is his name.
50His mercy extends to those who fear him,
from generation to generation.
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:20pm On Dec 26, 2016
solite3:
John wasn't God but was filled with the holy spirit from his mother's womb can we say Elisabeth carry the holy Spirit who is God in her womb with John?

Mary give birth to a physical being Jesus not God.
Remember God is a spirit. Jesus human nature and divine nature are completely separate. One dwells and operates in time the other does not.
Jesus as human was born but Jesus as God was not born
Jesus as human was created but Jesus as God was not created.
while Jesus the man and was a baby God was not a baby
As human he was lower than the angels but as God he was above all.
Mary was his mother as a man but as God he has no origin nor descent.
Which passage is it written that john was filled with the holyspirit in the womb?
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:24pm On Dec 26, 2016
solite3:
nope Jesus didn't stop being God but Mary was never the mother of God.
if Jesus never stopped being God, then he certainly was still God in d womb of mary abi?

lastly, will u agree that mary is d mother of the Lord?

1 Like

Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:29pm On Dec 26, 2016
solite3:
I didn't say the word is not God. If the word took flesh and was born as man then Mary could only be the mother of the man
actually since d word took flesh mary will b d mother of the word that took flesh, not just d flesh
and if Jesus is already God before mary's existence then Mary cannot be the mother of God. Do you know that in the world to come nothing like father or mother or husband or wife but all will be brethren. They will have just one father God. Earthly relationship ends on earth. All human spirits are the same age. The very day God created Adam was the very day he created everyone.
In heaven Mary will just be like my sister
non seqitur
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:39pm On Dec 26, 2016
solite3:
you can only connect the human nature of Christ to time not his divine nature.
God was not born by mary but the man Christ Jesus was born. For example when Jesus died it wasn't God that died but the man Jesus, when Jesus slept it wasn't God that slept but the man.
So you can't say Mary is the mother of God but the mother of Jesus. You never read anywhere the apostles call mary mother of God.
Actually u can connect d whole person of Christ to time even his divine nature! About 2000yrs ago God decided to be with man immanuel, God took flesh in mary's womb, God was born by a virgin, God walked the earth, and becos flesh cannot pay my ransom God who took flesh died, God rose again. so yes God can be pinpointed in history, he came to live with us, if we had d immanuel (God with us) then he was certainly born by a virgin.
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:42pm On Dec 26, 2016
solite3:
pre existentence has everything to do with motherhood.
A baby can never pre exist her mum.
Re incarnation is a myth. Reality is no baby preexist her mother.for example a woman of 30 can not claim she is the mother of a 31years old can she?
Whether or not reincarnation is myth, my point still stands, a woman of 30 can claim that her daughters spirit is 100yrs old and she will still be a mother, because the test of motherhood is offspring not preexistence.
Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:47pm On Dec 26, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

IT SEEMS U DIDNT SEE WHAT U POSTED
2:6 not robbery. He was not fearful of losing His deity when He exchanged the outward form of God for the outward form of man; that is, He did not have to cling to His deity as a robber would his plunder. He
could not cease being God.
The
word for “robbery” is used only this
one time in the New Testament.

your scholars clearly state that JESUS COULD NOT CEASE BEING GOD, I.E there was no time when Jesus wasnt God even in the womb of mary.

1 Like

Re: Is Mary The Mother Of God? Is Mary The Theotokos (God-bearer)? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:50pm On Dec 26, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

So you believe those apocryphal stories that says He turned stones to birds in childhood. undecided
Oh, i believe the bible that says Jesus had the fullness of the godhead so he was never lacking in knowledge as to who he is or in power.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Spirit World. What's Your Take? / Who Is That Theists/atheists You Would Like To Meet Face To Face? / War Between Son Of Lucifer And Unibenstudent(yahwehs Boy)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.