Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,644 members, 7,809,423 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot (5437 Views)

Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaigns Worries Me :JEO IGBOKWE / HURIWA Alleges Maltreatment Of Igbo Ethnic Nationality By Buhari - The Guardian / Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by Oxenomy: 4:00pm On Oct 27, 2016
This is the kind of tribal morrons running the forum. A notorious Islamic bigot advising Igbos? Spits..

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by kutchs: 4:18pm On Oct 27, 2016
maclatunji:
Some people's basis for opposing President Muhammadu Buhari is that they are Igbo and he is from Katsina.

They have aligned themselves with organizations like IPOB and NigerDelta militants which they see as vehicles to execute their opposition.

However, there is an emerging trend that threatens the reality of people like this. It is the fact that the policies of President Muhammadu Buhari's government are beginning to favour the Southeast (Igbos). For example, Innoson is getting a $1 billion deal (https://www.nairaland.com/3424462/innoson-motors-signs-deal-china) and Aba bootmakers are getting contracts from the military (https://www.nairaland.com/3431809/army-orders-made-aba-boots).

Hence, bigoted Igbos are not finding it easy to antagonize these developments without being exposed as 'enemies of progress'.
Nonsense, absolute balderdah!
I'm Igbo and I hate buhari , I don't pretend about it. Many Igbo like me who hate Buhari do so not because he's Fulani and from Katsina as you claim but because the man is all pretence and deceit. We hate him because he has knows he has nothing to offer and won't admit it.
Yar,'Adua is from the same state as he's but the Igbo love man and supported him because we was an achiever, a 'sinner' like the rest of us unlike the hypocritical sanctimonious old haggard masquerading as a saint.

I have lived in Zaria since 2000 and have made friends and I can tell you that many of those friends don't like Jonathan just because he's Christian and from the south. Many PDP candidates during the last elections lost just for associating with jonathan. You will never hear them say anything good about him and that includes many whose lives were turned around for good by Jonathan.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by Olaone1: 4:37pm On Oct 27, 2016
Seun:
You should first deal with the numerous muslim bigots in this country before bothering the Igbos, otherwise you'll come across as a bigot, too.
grin grin grin
Otta boy
Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 27, 2016
Beremx:
Which kind topic be this?

Wait lemme read again

Resurrection! My darling, see as motherhood come make you quite
Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by adconline(m): 5:03pm On Oct 27, 2016
Seun:
You should first deal with the numerous muslim bigots in this country before bothering the Igbos, otherwise you'll come across as a bigot, too.
Oga Seun, did somebody hack your account?

1 Like

Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by vedaxcool(m): 5:08pm On Oct 27, 2016
[s]
plaetton:

There was clear absence of forethought before the above was posted.

[/s]

Emtional Creature are incapable of understanding

Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by vedaxcool(m): 5:10pm On Oct 27, 2016
[s]
plaetton:

You got it right.
I am emotional.
I am crying because a bunch of herbivores are taking this dear country and 180m inhabitants on an unprecedented, accelerated downward spiral.

No one, not you, not your children and grandchildren will have a last laugh.
[/s]

Beerfraud lover of corruption pretending to have a country grin bunch of jokers
Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by SharkTank(m): 5:32pm On Oct 27, 2016
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Emotional beings incapable of seeing beyond their hatred.

Igbokwe voice on igbo matters should be discounted because he is an APC member. Can everyone see he proves the op right?

Please someone should ask this emotional liar how did mac stop anybody from posting in the Muslim section? Since we all know Mac couldn't have blocked IP address of non Muslims? a place even the atheist owner of nairaland still post in?

Lmao. Mature folks were having a logical conversation. You come around throwing tantrums and you think they are emotional? I pity your wife/gf

3 Likes

Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by vedaxcool(m): 5:40pm On Oct 27, 2016
[s]
SharkTank:

Lmao. Mature folks were having a logical conversation. You come around throwing tantrums and you think they are emotional? I pity your wife/gf
[/s]

dumbdumb billa dumb dumb
Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by SharkTank(m): 5:43pm On Oct 27, 2016
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]
dumbdumb billa dumb dumb

Address me with respect, I am not your father

3 Likes

Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by Ejanla07: 6:38pm On Oct 27, 2016
maclatunji:
Some people's basis for opposing President Muhammadu Buhari is that they are Igbo and he is from Katsina.

They have aligned themselves with organizations like IPOB and NigerDelta militants which they see as vehicles to execute their opposition.

However, there is an emerging trend that threatens the reality of people like this. It is the fact that the policies of President Muhammadu Buhari's government are beginning to favour the Southeast (Igbos). For example, Innoson is getting a $1 billion deal (https://www.nairaland.com/3424462/innoson-motors-signs-deal-china) and Aba bootmakers are getting contracts from the military (https://www.nairaland.com/3431809/army-orders-made-aba-boots).

Hence, bigoted Igbos are not finding it easy to antagonize these developments without being exposed as 'enemies of progress'.

You must be slow if you think buhari ve anything to do with innoson expanding his business.... So because of d courtesy call

1 Like

Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by Bujumbura(m): 7:12pm On Oct 27, 2016
BankeSmalls:
Yet I hate buhari while I am yoruba, does that make me a Yoruba bigot?
you are igbo according to maclantunji.

Cc firefire anonimi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by vedaxcool(m): 7:35pm On Oct 27, 2016
SharkTank:

Address me with respect, I am your slave

Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by maclatunji: 8:41pm On Oct 27, 2016
kutchs:

Nonsense, absolute balderdah!
I'm Igbo and I hate buhari , I don't pretend about it. Many Igbo like me who hate Buhari do so not because he's Fulani and from Katsina as you claim but because the man is all pretence and deceit. We hate him because he has knows he has nothing to offer and won't admit it.
Yar,'Adua is from the same state as he's but the Igbo love man and supported him because we was an achiever, a 'sinner' like the rest of us unlike the hypocritical sanctimonious old haggard masquerading as a saint.

I have lived in Zaria since 2000 and have made friends and I can tell you that many of those friends don't like Jonathan just because he's Christian and from the south. Many PDP candidates during the last elections lost just for associating with jonathan. You will never hear them say anything good about him and that includes many whose lives were turned around for good by Jonathan.

You mean you are masking your satisfaction that Jonathan was Yar'adua's VP for loving him? This newfound Igbo love for the late Yar'adua is quite interesting. grin grin
Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by maclatunji: 8:49pm On Oct 27, 2016
BankeSmalls:
Yet I hate buhari while I am yoruba, does that make me a Yoruba bigot?

I am sure you have a better grasp of English than what your post suggests. embarassed tongue tongue grin grin
Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by ayokellany: 9:19pm On Oct 27, 2016
plaetton:
It's patronizing insults like this that actually make Igbos wonder why we are tied to the hips with such nauseating Small thinkers with such very low expectations.

What is very very normal in other countries, like the army internally sourcing its needs, is now considered by small minded morons to be a special gift worth celebrating.

And, the government taking part in encouraging investment in a vital a Victor, something his predecessors did without fanfare, in now to be celebrated as a spacial gift to Igbos.

The op, doubt, has simply telegraphed his very very low expectations for the vagabonds in government.

@Op,

If these are the pinnacles of your expectations from government, then obviously, you and Igbos don't belong in the same universe, talkless of country.

The problem with Igbos like you is never being appreciative of the little you are given. If you do not appreciate the little what right do you have to ask for more ? Igbos I repeat do not deserve any special favours. Let them labour to have their demands be it Biafra, resource control or what have you. All favour to you is nothing but a waste. The joyous thing about the sitaution is when not favoured all you do is beat your chest n when the evening comes your soak all your frustrations into a bowl of Apu, if you are lucky you have enough to buy bottle of beer for you n your collegue to wash down the agony / tragedy you carry about as a human.
Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 27, 2016
maclatunji:

The only reason some people oppose President Buhari is that they are Igbo and he is from the North and they are placed in an untenable position when it becomes obvious that his policies are benefitting their people.

The essence of this thread is...

You are the ethnic bigot and very narrow minded.

Innoson built his industry from the scratch with no help from your federal govt. He didn't rise because he had connections with the thieves in power.

Aba manufacturers with or without military contract would be thriving and waxing stronger everyday. The industry provide jobs for thousands of people. Nigeria benefit a lot from taxes and export duties these people pay to the coffers of Fed govt. People travel far and wide to interact with them.

No one hates Buhari because he is from katsina state. Your Buhari is dull, an ethnic bigot like you, an Islamist and mean.

A president should condemn the evils being perpetrated by his tribesmen all over the country, he shouldn't be calling or labelling a part of the country '5%'. He shouldn't be threatening to rain blood if he failed in an election, he shouldn't be calling fellow muslims not to vote for Christian candidates in elections, he should condemn the evils of Abacha not embrace and defend him and his family. More than 20 years after Abacha died, his loot are still being traced while Buhari defend him.

Op...tell us here what your federal govt has done for the south east. Name industries built in the south east to ease unemployment.

As much I despise Jonathan, I will not vote for Buhari if the election holds tomorrow. He is a tribalist and not qualified to be a president even in a country like South Sudan. I think he should be made head of Hisbah in the north.

Buhari lacks the qualities to lead a country like Nigeria. In a sane country, he should maybe be contesting for local govt chairman in katsina state.

4 Likes

Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by plaetton: 9:34pm On Oct 27, 2016
ayokellany:

The problem with Igbos like you is never being appreciative of the little you are given. If you do not appreciate the little what right do you have to ask for more ? Igbos I repeat do not deserve any special favours. Let them labour to have their demands be it Biafra, resource control or what have you. All favour to you is nothing but a waste. The joyous thing about the sitaution is when not favoured all you do is beat your chest n when the evening comes your soak all your frustrations into a bowl of Apu, if you are lucky you have enough to buy bottle of beer for you n your collegue to wash down the agony / tragedy you carry about as a human.
Only slaves , perhaps you are one, beg to be given.

Perhaps you belong to tribe of Suppliant Maidens that have Uncircumcised Sticks permanently stuck in their axxes.
That's why you're not Igbo.

3 Likes

Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by BrokenTV: 9:50pm On Oct 27, 2016
maclatunji:

The only reason some people oppose President Buhari is that they are Igbo and he is from the North and they are placed in an untenable position when it becomes obvious that his policies are benefitting their people.

The essence of this thread is...
What a myopic reasoning from you, so the Igbo's rejected him because he is from the North, I quess that Yaradua that i voted in 2007 was from the south, Buhari was rejected because we know who he is, a failure personify. I know from beginning he has nothing to offer, so why wasting my vote on him. Buhari has not proven the Igbo's wrongs with his actions that has lead us to where we are today.

3 Likes

Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 27, 2016
OP you have a point, those guys are just too emotional to see far ahead.
They've been killed more than cows in the North for same reasons. quite worrisome
Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by Scholes007(m): 10:11pm On Oct 27, 2016
Buhari's failures was/is not caused by Igbos so Op face your borrowing or take to the other room.grin

3 Likes

Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by Scholes007(m): 10:13pm On Oct 27, 2016
Softmeat:
They've been killed more than cows in the North for same reasons. quite worrisome
Yes like they also kill other minority tribes in the north for same reason.

5 Likes

Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by SharkTank(m): 10:21pm On Oct 27, 2016
ayokellany:

So according to you, hausa should control everything and 'give' us whatever he deems fit. I don't like this mentality
Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by maclatunji: 10:39pm On Oct 27, 2016
gbosaa:

You are the ethnic bigot and very narrow minded.

Innoson built his industry from the scratch with no help from your federal govt. He didn't rise because he had connections with the thieves in power.

Aba manufacturers with or without military contract would be thriving and waxing stronger everyday. The industry provide jobs for thousands of people. Nigeria benefit a lot from taxes and export duties these people pay to the coffers of Fed govt. People travel far and wide to interact with them.

No one hates Buhari because he is from katsina state. Your Buhari is dull, an ethnic bigot like you, an Islamist and mean.

A president should condemn the evils being perpetrated by his tribesmen all over the country, he shouldn't be calling or labelling a part of the country '5%'. He shouldn't be threatening to rain blood if he failed in an election, he shouldn't be calling fellow muslims not to vote for Christian candidates in elections, he should condemn the evils of Abacha not embrace and defend him and his family. More than 20 years after Abacha died, his loot are still being traced while Buhari defend him.

Op...tell us here what your federal govt has done for the south east. Name industries built in the south east to ease unemployment.

As much I despise Jonathan, I will not vote for Buhari if the election holds tomorrow. He is a tribalist and not qualified to be a president even in a country like South Sudan. I think he should be made head of Hisbah in the north.

Buhari lacks the qualities to lead a country like Nigeria. In a sane country, he should maybe be contesting for local govt chairman in katsina state.

It is a good thing many of you are distancing yourselves now from the petty bigotry that Joe Igbokwe felt compelled to speak against a few months back. When it is branded in your faces like I have, it strikes a nerve.

However, you cannot deny that there are too many people who hate the President just because of his ethnicity and religion and a large part of them are Igbos.
Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by juman(m): 10:42pm On Oct 27, 2016
nigeria failed to become a sensible country.
Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by EasternPride: 10:53pm On Oct 27, 2016
After attacking Niger Deltans, he faced his other hated section of the damnation - the great Igbos.

A born islamic bigot running amock, go back to Islam for Moslems section. Nkapi!!

2 Likes

Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by SharkTank(m): 11:37pm On Oct 27, 2016
Softmeat:

Hausa Muslims kill even Yoruba Muslims when they start their madness. so what is this one saying

2 Likes

Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by Nobody: 11:53pm On Oct 27, 2016
maclatunji:

It is a good thing many of you are distancing yourselves now from the petty bigotry that Joe Igbokwe felt compelled to speak against a few months back. When it is branded in your faces like I have, it strikes a nerve.

However, you cannot deny that there are too many people who hate the President just because of his ethnicity and religion and a large part of them are Igbos.

Buhari remains unqualified and unfit to be Nigeria president. Kudos to all those expressing similar sentiment. Not everyone is a sycophant, you should applaud them for their resiliency.
Not long ago, lots of people were typing bad about the Igbos for voting the wrong party.That sir is the beauty of democracy, sadly you and hypocrites like igbokwe do not understand that.

If I was Buhari, I would amend my ways and prove to my detractors why they should accept me. I would make realise their mistakes in the so called election but not him, he is full of bile and vindictiveness. For him it's payback time. Tell him we will survive, we always do. With govt intervention or not, we will blossom. He has only managed in proving Nnamdi Kanu and the likes of Fayose right. He has equally managed to get both men a few admirers and have successed in making them idols to those that hated them before. That includes me.

I'm not someone to lick anyone's boot but I will prostrate to fayose if I see him. Igbokwe expressed his sorry a**e opinion to appeal to those who butter his bread. I haven't heard his voice since the fulani's started extending their madness to the south east. He has disappeared.

Igbos don't hate Buhari, it's the other way round. Buhari is not the only Fulani or northern Nigeria man to have ruled Nigeria.

Ask yourself, this hate you are talking about, is it restricted to Buhari. I do not believe that ex military heads of state should wear agbada to aspire to lead again.

Even the likes of Tinubu is 'wailing'. Buhari is a catastrophe. He is unfit to hold political office in Nigeria. I pray Osibanjo finds his voice. It's embarrassing that such a brilliant man would be there but unheard instead it's the uneducated, incoherent and unintelligent voice of Buhari that will be coarsing our ears all the time.

Nigeria is bigger than him and the earlier he amends his ways, the better for him.

He is an Islamist, nepotist,unintelligent and not wise.

Lest I forget, a woman was killed in one of the northern states because she asked a Muslim man washing himself in front of her store to move, Buhari commented on that. Maclatunji kindly remind us what your president said.

Tell him to stop his boys from taking their evil to ekiti state. Other parts of Nigeria deserve to sleep with both eyes closed. Fayose has learnt so fast from Enugu state scenario. May God protect him and the people of ekiti state. Imagine a group of people from the south going round Nigeria wrecking havoc?? What would have been the result??

Maclatunji, you should be thanking God, Allah or whatever you serve for the lives of the Igbos. Igbos hold Nigeria together... yes repeat after me...Igbos hold Nigeria together.

Buhari and his likes should stop hating.

3 Likes

Re: The Emerging Headache Of The Igbo Ethnic Bigot by ayokellany: 12:11am On Oct 28, 2016
SharkTank:

So according to you, hausa should control everything and 'give' us whatever he deems fit. I don't like this mentality

You might not but when you consider An Aguiyi Ironsi that introduced Unitary system of govt in the stead of confederalism. An Azikwe that enslaved the southern Nigeria for three additional years after Ghana got independence simple because he want to rule both north & southern Nigeria. An Ojukwu that discovered the death of Ironsi means the wealth of his SE region will be plundered to the capital city instead of their plan to plunder the common wealth of Nigeria to the SE only to to wage a vain War to restore the privileges the Igbos denied the rest of Nigeria. Pleass tell me what is in the Aburi accord that is lacking in CONFEDERALISM ?

Why did Igbo scuttle a confederate Nigeria only to demand for true federalism ? What can the best of federalism offer that a confederation does not offer double ? With this view point am sure you can tell the HausaFulani though very unbecoming with the power and influence they wield in Nigeria but given the same opportunity the Igbo race will certainly be more despotic.

Till date I am yet to wrap my brain around how or why Nzeogwu thought the best thing for a Confederate Nigeria is a coup. Why are the heart of Igbos like this ? So you see the Igbo are no saints after all and to the other lunatic that quoted me please understand that I do not help with your brand of foolishness. You need an IQ upgrade before I bother wasting my time on you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oil Fields In Igboland / See What Some U.S Citizens Are Saying About Nigeria Vs. Niger (pictures) / Ibori In Trouble Again - Commits Crime In Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.