Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,969 members, 7,956,626 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:45 PM

My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) - Agriculture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) (103919 Views)

Updated Prices Of Day Old Broiler,Cockerel,Layers From Ibadan. / Cost And Returns Of Broiler Production / Is It True That Grower Feed Slows Own The Growth Of Broiler? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by DammyOlu123(m): 11:09am On Jan 29, 2017
EMMAACHILE:
Day 93
Picture taken yesterday. I am yet to take their weights. I will do as soon as possible for this week

Dude!!! You've come so far o! Look at dem big birds!! How I wish I could get that male one closer to you. It looks tasty. I haven't had chicken in a while. I've been in the bush... So sad. cry

1 Like

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by omejeo: 3:21pm On Jan 29, 2017
pls emma how do i formulate feed for brolier finisher and starter thanks
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 29, 2017
DammyOlu123:

Dude!!! You've come so far o! Look at dem big birds!! How I wish I could get that male one closer to you. It looks tasty. I haven't had chicken in a while. I've been in the bush... So sad. cry
cheesy cheesy grin shocked

1 Like

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 29, 2017
omejeo:
pls emma how do i formulate feed for brolier finisher and starter thanks
Where is your location?
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by kayo80(m): 10:08am On Jan 30, 2017
My 16 weeks old Noilers.

2 Likes

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 30, 2017
kayo80:
My 16 weeks old Noilers.
Ready for meal already.

2 Likes

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by omejeo: 11:00am On Jan 30, 2017
EMMAACHILE:
Where is your location?
enugu
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jan 30, 2017
omejeo:
enugu

Broiler, layer and Cockerel feed formulations
See the link here
http://www.winfeed.com/knowledgebase/a01.shtml

I only asked of your location, because most of the ingredients are not found in smaller cities though it can be improvised.

Check the last table on that page.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jan 30, 2017
Day 95
Looking to raise Zartech Cobb 700 broiler to 9 weeks or Cascada Marshall broilers to 10 weeks.
I chose them before of their weight at those ages and their resistance to heat over Arbor Acres.

Looking at end of February 2017 for stocking when the end of my noiler project will be completed.
I will be creating a thread for it.

I hope to get the weights of my noilers this week with snapshots. Stay tuned.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by omejeo: 11:45am On Jan 31, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

Broiler, layer and Cockerel feed formulations
See the link here
http://www.winfeed.com/knowledgebase/a01.shtml

I only asked of your location, because most of the ingredients are not found in smaller cities though it can be improvised.

Check the last table on that page.
thanks sir
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 4:49am On Feb 02, 2017
Day 98
Dropped two noilers in the pot yesterday and this is my observation

Two cocks (orange colour)
Weight 3.2kg and 2.8kg
Duration: 97 days
Dressing weight: 2.7kg and 2.3kg
Meat is like cockerels in terms of hardiness, sweet flavour and strong bones.

Though almost heavy like some broilers but meat feels bony in the mouth unlike broilers.

Will freeze more during the week and preserve for future use.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by aquila3: 5:36am On Feb 02, 2017
EMMAACHILE:
Day 98
Dropped two noilers in the pot yesterday and this is my observation

Two cocks (orange colour)
Weight 3.2kg and 2.8kg
Duration: 97 days
Dressing weight: 2.7kg and 2.3kg
Meat is like cockerels in terms of hardiness, sweet flavour and strong bones.

Though almost heavy like some broilers but meat feels bony in the mouth unlike broilers.

Will freeze more during the week and preserve for future use.
i must admit here that you re doing a great job for taken your time to share your experience on noiler with we in this generation and the generation to come which wl browse internet on information abt noiler, more power to ur elbow.thanks

4 Likes

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 7:48am On Feb 02, 2017
aquila3:
i must admit here that you re doing a great job for taken your time to share your experience on noiler with we in this generation and the generation to come which wl browse internet on information abt noiler, more power to ur elbow.thanks
You are welcome. Thank you for your contributions.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 7:49am On Feb 02, 2017
Dressed weight here means full chicken minus head, gizzards, intestines and legs
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 02, 2017
Rico Gado new prices (Lokoja)

Super starter mash =3900
Starter mash=3800
Finisher pellet =3700

Layer pellet =3400
Grower pellet =3000
Chick mash =3400
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 3:00pm On Feb 02, 2017
Coming to the end of my noiler project hopefully before the end of the month.

Next stop with be broilers raised fully on Rico Gado feeds
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 5:51pm On Feb 04, 2017
Day 100
Hurray, the noilers are now 100 days and I will be updating the thread this weekend on cost of feed, medication, feed conversion ratio, etc
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 5:56pm On Feb 04, 2017
Feed update
17 bags for 50 noilers averagely

Rico gado
1 Super starter
1 Finisher
2 chick mash
1 grower

Hybrid
3 finisher
3 grower

Vitalfeed
4 grower
1 Starter
1 Chick mash
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Dolypson04(m): 6:12pm On Feb 04, 2017
EMMAACHILE:
Day 100
Hurray, the noilers are now 100 days and I will be updating the thread this weekend on cost of feed, medication, feed conversion ratio, etc
Have you raised broiler before? if yes, can you compare them with noiler in terms of feed conversation, growth rate, feed intake, resistance to disease and mature size weight? Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 6:35pm On Feb 04, 2017
Dolypson04:

Have you raised broiler before? if yes, can you compare them with noiler in terms of feed conversation, growth rate, feed intake, resistance to disease and mature size weight? Thanks
No way. Broilers are far more efficient than noilers and far cheaper to raise.

The only advantage for noilers may be egg laying. For commercial business, don't even think of raising noilers.

1 Like

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 6:44pm On Feb 04, 2017
Feed convert ratio though it's an estimate because I feed them occasionally on pure cracked maize averagely 15kg. That one may twart the result here

Average consumption per bird= 25*17/50 = 8.5
Where noilers =50
No of bags= 17
Weight of feed= 25kg

FCR= average consumption per bird/weight of bird
Sampling from the average since I didn't take all their weights
It should be about 2.9kg
Thus FCR=8.5/2.9 = 2.9 average

Though I had 51 noilers but lost 2 at 6 weeks but using 50 as average here
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 6:49pm On Feb 04, 2017
Compared to broilers, you have a difference here
1. It takes longer to raise noilers and more consumption to reach some weight as broilers

2. The meat is far tastier than broilers but more bony.

3. Some of the cocks are above 3kg at 14 weeks

4. Average expected weight at 14 weeks from my observation is 2.6-3kg

5. For personal consumption, noilers are still good to raise

6. The nemesis for noilers is coccidiosis because as at today, still seeing brown poo which is disgusting. My calendar popped up this morning alerting me of anti cocci treatment. But I decided to go organic since I may want to slaughter for my freezer during the week. I may not want to wait for the 14 days withdrawal period.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Dolypson04(m): 8:54am On Feb 05, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

No way. Broilers are far more efficient than noilers and far cheaper to raise.

The only advantage for noilers may be egg laying. For commercial business, don't even think of raising noilers.
Thanks for your sincere review
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by jackomagnus(m): 3:14pm On Feb 05, 2017
please all,
where can I get cracked corn? and how much is it?
thanks
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 5:07pm On Feb 05, 2017
jackomagnus:
please all,

where can I get cracked corn? and how much is it?

thanks
Cracked corn is just maize grounded into bits.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Tompeters(m): 7:16am On Feb 06, 2017
Turks:
Yeah we supply. We still supplied last week. Though the birds are scarce but they're available if you know where to look; the minimum we supply is 10. From a reliable hatchery sir. Trust us.
where yu based Pls
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Turks: 7:25am On Feb 06, 2017
Ibadan sir.
Tompeters:
where yu based Pls
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 2:41pm On Feb 06, 2017
EMMAACHILE:
Rico Gado new prices (Lokoja)
Super starter mash =3900 Starter mash=3800 Finisher pellet =3700
Layer pellet =3400 Grower pellet =3000 Chick mash =3400
Can I get fowl pox vaccine (100 dose) in Lokoja and where?
Here (Ajaokuta) they say they only sell 1000 dose i.e. For 1000 birds.
I only have 100 birds to vaccinate.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 9:16pm On Feb 06, 2017
IdisuleOurOwn:

Can I get fowl pox vaccine (100 dose) in Lokoja and where?

Here (Ajaokuta) they say they only sell 1000 dose i.e. For 1000 birds.

I only have 100 birds to vaccinate.
I didn't vaccinate. I only treated it. Last time I checked, the drugs i saw were for treatments and not vaccine.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 7:21am On Feb 07, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

I didn't vaccinate. I only treated it. Last time I checked, the drugs i saw were for treatments and not vaccine.

There is. The wing web type, I think for birds that will stay up to 2 years.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by kayo80(m): 9:46am On Feb 07, 2017
I wish you had pictures to back up the claims of their weight. For most people, seeing is believing.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 11:10am On Feb 07, 2017
kayo80:
I wish you had pictures to back up the claims of their weight. For most people, seeing is believing.
Let me share the weight I took last week before I slaughtered two.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Interesting Facts About Rabbits (oryctolagus Cuniculus). / World's Biggest Cow Escapes Slaughter Because It's Too Big To Fit In Abattoir / A Farmer Killed Huge Python In His Farm In Rivers State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.