Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,631 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) - Agriculture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) (100178 Views)

Updated Prices Of Day Old Broiler,Cockerel,Layers From Ibadan. / Cost And Returns Of Broiler Production / Is It True That Grower Feed Slows Own The Growth Of Broiler? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Turks: 3:32pm On Dec 31, 2016
Oh ok.
EMMAACHILE:

OK but I think @IdisuleOurOwn case is layers
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 9:55am On Jan 03, 2017
I notice one of my bird is not too active this morning when I went to feed them. I gave it food, it refuse to eat so, I bring another bird along side to eat with it, it was then it started eating little by little and then stopped.

I went to work hoping when I return 3 hours later it will be active but still not active.

What is wrong with it and what drug is recommended?

Cc: Emmaachile.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 03, 2017
IdisuleOurOwn:
I notice one of my bird is not too active this morning when I went to feed them. I gave it food, it refuse to eat so, I bring another bird along side to eat with it, it was then it started eating little by little and then stopped.

I went to work hoping when I return 3 hours later it will be active but still not active.

What is wrong with it and what drug is recommended?

Cc: Emmaachile.
Is it layer or noiler? What is the color of the poo or is it looking stressed?
A picture of it would have been better.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 3:00pm On Jan 03, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

Is it layer or noiler? What is the color of the poo or is it looking stressed?
A picture of it would have been better.

Pullet (young layer). The colour of their poo is generally greenish due to scent leaf and sometimes bitter leaf they use to eat.

I went to a vet store close to me though, they mainly deal with cow drugs, I explain to the attendant and he gave me a drug which antibiotic was written on it to give to the bird.
Before I came back, I couldn't recognise the bird again because all were active.

I didn't administer the drug.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jan 03, 2017
IdisuleOurOwn:

Pullet (young layer). The colour of their poo is generally greenish due to scent leaf and sometimes bitter leaf they use to eat.

I went to a vet store close to me though, they mainly deal with cow drugs, I explain to the attendant and he gave me a drug which antibiotic was written on it to give to the bird.
Before I came back, I couldn't recognise the bird again because all were active.

I didn't administer the drug.
OK. Thank God but be on the look out for any strange or unusual behavior.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jan 06, 2017
Day 71
The noilers are 10 weeks old today
49 of 51 left

I just switched to broiler finisher because i am targeting to harvest some of them in the 13th week.
I will be weighing them tomorrow to see their weight. Some of them looking like weighing over 2kg. I also noticed my females are looking bigger than the males though the males look taller in height.

I discovered that hybrid/vitalfeed grower feed is making them lose a lot of feathers but with chick mash/broiler starter/finisher, you hardly see any feathers in the pen.

The Sharp sand i used in the pen will be disinfected tomorrow and dried before i reintroduce it back into the pen. That is one of the advantages of using sharp sand.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jan 06, 2017
I will be posting pictures tomorrow and updating the thread.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 06, 2017
If I am to rear chickens again, Will I go for noilers? My answer will be no

Why? Because it is more expensive to rear than broilers

For those who want sweet broilers, just feed them raw cracked maize for the last 2 weeks (11-12weeks) before harvesting them
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Turks: 8:23pm On Jan 06, 2017
LOL

EMMAACHILE:

For those who want sweet broilers, just feed them raw cracked maize for the last 2 weeks (11-12weeks) before harvesting them
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jan 06, 2017
Turks:
LOL

My brother no be so.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Turks: 8:25pm On Jan 06, 2017
Was just passing by sir. grin
EMMAACHILE:

My brother no be so.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 06, 2017
Turks:
Was just passing by sir. grin
grin grin cheesy
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by obstead200(m): 10:06pm On Jan 06, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

I partially agree with u. I have followed ur progress religiously and I can't help noticing that u spend a lot on the noilers, very unlike a profit oriented farmer. It sort of turned me off my decision to stock noilers cos I feel it is not worth the trouble.
If I decide to stock noilers as an experiment, my focus will be on cost reduction by using locally formatted feed of much lower cost.
I don't see why I shud spend 13 weeks and more resources to achieve a result I can get in 8 weeks with lesser resources.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by shakyriri: 11:41pm On Jan 06, 2017
Turks:
LOL

Sweet broilers? How please? Sweet or tough broilers?
Sorry question meant for emmachile
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by AdlatWorld(m): 3:57am On Jan 07, 2017
obstead200:

I partially agree with u. I have followed ur progress religiously and I can't help noticing that u spend a lot on the noilers, very unlike a profit oriented farmer. It sort of turned me off my decision to stock noilers cos I feel it is not worth the trouble.
If I decide to stock noilers as an experiment, my focus will be on cost reduction by using locally formatted feed of much lower cost.
I don't see why I shud spend 13 weeks and more resources to achieve a result I can get in 8 weeks with lesser resources.

pls, can one mix their feed with wastage of processed corn(called 'eri' in yoruba)

1 Like

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 6:19am On Jan 07, 2017
AdlatWorld:

pls, can one mix their feed with wastage of processed corn(called 'eri' in yoruba)
Yes of course. But I will prefer you feed them separately and not mixed with the feed in the bag.

I mean feed them the eri or maize chaff if I am correct and when they finish it, you can now feed the normal commercial feed.

1 Like

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Turks: 7:50am On Jan 07, 2017
Be wary of CRD though.
EMMAACHILE:

Yes of course. But I will prefer you feed them separately and not mixed with the feed in the bag.

I mean feed them the eri or maize chaff if I am correct and when they finish it, you can now feed the normal commercial feed.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 7:53am On Jan 07, 2017
Turks:
Be wary of CRD though.
I have not heard or seen any case of crd associated with maize chaff.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 7:56am On Jan 07, 2017
shakyriri:

Sweet broilers? How please? Sweet or tough broilers?
Sorry question meant for emmaachile
It's a traditional practice farmers in my area use to sweeten and toughen meat of turkey and chicken broilers.

They feed cracked maize with their food during a period of at least 14 days. Some use up-to 25 days.

You might google the term corn fed chicken to give you a thought on this.

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by obstead200(m): 2:05pm On Jan 07, 2017
AdlatWorld:

I believe that is the idea. That is why they are meant to be hardy and forage for food.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by shakyriri: 2:29pm On Jan 07, 2017
EMMAACHILE:

It's a traditional practice farmers in my area use to sweeten and toughen meat of turkey and chicken broilers.

They feed cracked maize with their food during a period of at least 14 days. Some use up-to 25 days.

You might google the term corn fed chicken to give you a thought on this.

Many thanks for ur response and screenshot. Is d cracked maize to b fed alone for 2weeks or to mixed with the commercial fed.
Market women in my area Lagos refused to buy dressed broilers. Saying too soft and people only want hard chicken. I have been at crossroads since then.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 07, 2017
shakyriri:

Many thanks for ur response and screenshot. Is d cracked maize to b fed alone for 2weeks or to mixed with the commercial fed.
Market women in my area Lagos refused to buy dressed broilers. Saying too soft and people only want hard chicken. I have been at crossroads since then.
It's best if it is mixed. Some add like 40% to the commercial feed during the final weeks to slaughter and then feed only corn in the final week.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jan 17, 2017
Day 81
Price of feed is still rising! This is incredible. When will it stop?
I went out with N18,000 this morning and i am seeing only N1,000 naira change on me after purchasing 2 (12.5kg) gas at N10,000 and one hybrid broiler finisher at N3,900 (former N3,700) and fuel at N3,000

Price of day old foreign turkey is now N2,500 each from the former N1,500. Its a no go area for me now

1 Like

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jan 17, 2017
My noilers having pox on their comb (about 4) and i had to buy some drugs for them yesterday
Poxcure=N600
Gumbocine=N250
Lytavite Plus Dextrose (multivitamin)=N800
total= N1650

This is to be taken for 5 days.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by AdlatWorld(m): 1:59pm On Jan 17, 2017
EMMAACHILE:
My noilers having pox on their comb (about 4) and i had to buy some drugs for them yesterday
Poxcure=N600
Gumbocine=N250
Lyvite Dextrose (multivitamin)=N800
total= N1650

This is to be taken for 5 days.

what is the function of that gumbocine?
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by AdlatWorld(m): 2:08pm On Jan 17, 2017
I ask for poxcure and this is what I got

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by AdlatWorld(m): 2:09pm On Jan 17, 2017
Please, can you upload d pix of poxcure?
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jan 17, 2017
AdlatWorld:

what is the function of that gumbocine?
To treat fowl pox, gumboro and Newcastle disease.
Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jan 17, 2017
AdlatWorld:
Please, can you upload d pix of poxcure?

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jan 17, 2017
Gumbocine

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 17, 2017
Lytavite

Re: My Noiler Farm Experience (hybrid Of Broiler + Cockerel) by Turks: 7:35pm On Jan 17, 2017
2500? shocked

Oga, shine your eyes. You can still get at the rate of 1600. Quote me any day.
EMMAACHILE:
Day 81
Price of feed is still rising! This is incredible. When will it stop?
I went out with N18,000 this morning and i am seeing only N1,000 naira change on me after purchasing 2 (12.5kg) gas at N10,000 and one hybrid broiler finisher at N3,900 (former N3,700) and fuel at N3,000

Price of day old foreign turkey is now N2,500 each from the former N1,500. Its a no go area for me now

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Two Giant Snakes Attack Owner For Attempting To Carry Their 251 Eggs (Video) / What Do You Give Your Broilers To Grow Faster? / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.