Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,266 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (977326 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ANIT1: 12:51pm On Feb 21, 2017
Shawbabe:
Anyone have Qatar Airways number? The one that ends in 8888 keeps ringing, no answer

Please dear did you recently buy ticket with them and at what rate
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 2:44pm On Feb 21, 2017
Answer
1 and 2 . Just get a doctors correspondence and all to use at POE etc then when you get there you do your thing
3. you or your husband as sponsor has more weight if you ask me.
4. revert to answer 3 to avoid this kind of scenario
5. The policy of the airline you intend to use should be your guide here.

olaboss:
Gud afternoon to u all @ dere5 I hail oo am here again person wai the ask questions no the miss road ooo abi na. My dd is June i'll be travelling by may 2017 DH is not going with me as he will be in UK then, a close friend is offering me a helping hand by accommodating me, getting a child birth center for me which she says will be cheaper as she is going to use her account to get more discount for me base on sister level, my issue now is, she said they will accept me to have my baby there fine but they cannot not send me doctor's approval letter until am there
1. If am bn call for f 2 f interview at the embassy what will I say? (I.e after sending letter of intent since my initial visa was based on visitation )
2. What will I tell or present at poe if I v bn asked if I v contacted a doctor (she is the one making every arrangement for me)
3. Can I use her as my sponsor since everything is going to be through her act? Can I also get her account details to show I can afford all my bills? How much cash can I have on me (Tho DH is going to send money tru her account)
4. Will they ask me why my sponsor is not DH? (We both have same visa also my son and now I will be going alone) if they ask me watin I go tok?
5. At 37 weeks will Nigeria immigration allow me to fly

PLEASE OOOOO AM CLUELESS HELP ME!! Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by iamnikky69: 3:52pm On Feb 21, 2017
Hi everyone, must i get a letter from my doctor here in other to initiate a correspndence with a doctor in the US? And please what does my doctor need to write in the letter?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mamamj: 4:31pm On Feb 21, 2017
Good day Everyone,
Diamond bank is currently doing form A
Kindly call ur AO now cos its closing 6pm today

SALES FOR MEDICAL

a) Applicants shall provide their Bank Verification Numbers (BVN) to their bankers
b) Applicants shall present the following;
i. Duly completed Form A
ii. Valid tax clearance certificate of the applicant
iii. Invoice from the hospital
iv. Visa
v. Ticket
vi. Referral letter from Nigerian hospital
vii. International passport

Just came to drop this...bye guys

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 4:38pm On Feb 21, 2017
olaboss:
Gud afternoon to u all @ dere5 I hail oo am here again person wai the ask questions no the miss road ooo abi na. My dd is June i'll be travelling by may 2017 DH is not going with me as he will be in UK then, a close friend is offering me a helping hand by accommodating me, getting a child birth center for me which she says will be cheaper as she is going to use her account to get more discount for me base on sister level, my issue now is, she said they will accept me to have my baby there fine but they cannot not send me doctor's approval letter until am there
1. If am bn call for f 2 f interview at the embassy what will I say? (I.e after sending letter of intent since my initial visa was based on visitation )
2. What will I tell or present at poe if I v bn asked if I v contacted a doctor (she is the one making every arrangement for me)
3. Can I use her as my sponsor since everything is going to be through her act? Can I also get her account details to show I can afford all my bills? How much cash can I have on me (Tho DH is going to send money tru her account)
4. Will they ask me why my sponsor is not DH? (We both have same visa also my son and now I will be going alone) if they ask me watin I go tok?
5. At 37 weeks will Nigeria immigration allow me to fly

PLEASE OOOOO AM CLUELESS HELP ME!! Thanks.
@olaboss this is dere5, i couldn't sign into my dere5 account ,so I'm using another account .
i will strongly advice you to get a Dr & hospital correspondence for poe purpose before you travel,even if you are not going to use it.
Will also advice you to carry your cash or print out a bank statement from YOUR ACCOUNT that reflects you've adequate finance to cover your bills,forget all this talk of putting your money in someone else's account and using their bank statement at poe
I have also heard that people that used birth centers have issues with renewing their visas ( i stand corrected)
To me,Saying that your sponsor is someone else raises a red flag
Check the pregnancy policy of the airline you intend to use to know if they will fly you at 37wks

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 4:41pm On Feb 21, 2017
iamnikky69:
Hi everyone, must i get a letter from my doctor here in other to initiate a correspndence with a doctor in the US? And please what does my doctor need to write in the letter?
It not a must except your US Dr request for it. I guess the content should be a detailed history of your pregnancy and all the text you've done

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oppaxy: 5:49pm On Feb 21, 2017
ANIT1:

Please dear did you recently buy ticket with them and at what rate

I actually spoke with them on this number today. Don't have any other number to reach them
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by titileps: 5:49pm On Feb 21, 2017
Hello.

At what rate are they doing the form A?. Because I am aware there was a circulation of memo that school fees, medicals and PTA can now be processed by banks but the rate was not stated.
mamamj:
Good day Everyone,
Diamond bank is currently doing form A
Kindly call ur AO now cos its closing 6pm today

SALES FOR MEDICAL

a) Applicants shall provide their Bank Verification Numbers (BVN) to their bankers
b) Applicants shall present the following;
i. Duly completed Form A
ii. Valid tax clearance certificate of the applicant
iii. Invoice from the hospital
iv. Visa
v. Ticket
vi. Referral letter from Nigerian hospital
vii. International passport

Just came to drop this...bye guys
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Gagat: 6:00pm On Feb 21, 2017
mimibe:
birth certificate should be ready now go to, Georgia Department Of Public Health 2600 Skyland Dr. N.E. Vital Records Atlanta, GA 30319-3640 404-524-4278 or u can request online and it will be delivered to u at a cost, U can get US passport same day, book an appointment by calling 1-877-487-2778 then go to their office downtown.

Congratulations ADLUV. Thank God for your safe delivery and thumb up for Dr Tate. God bless you and your LO.

@mimibe, thanks for this info, its straight to the point

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mimimum: 6:09pm On Feb 21, 2017
It depends. I had my first in Naija via CS. Surgery at 1am mumsi fed me with yam peppersoup at 9.30am same day. Those docs might be overzealous.
chloe7:

In Nigeria they'll say no food for three days, in America you can eat a few hours after, may God help us because i'm just trying to see what can be the reason behind not even drinking water even one spoon.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chiprettie: 6:38pm On Feb 21, 2017
titileps:
Hello.

At what rate are they doing the form A?. Because I am aware there was a circulation of memo that school fees, medicals and PTA can now be processed by banks but the rate was not stated.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Eilenora: 7:15pm On Feb 21, 2017
[Sorry rong info. Hubby just told me dat we ddnt get it frm d hosp o.as i was half awake half aslp d entire tym i sha knw i saw emory file wth all d documents in d house so i tot we gt them frm d hosp but hubby sed smthn abt hvin 2 go 2 d local council dat he just filled d forms at d hosp dts all

Congrats adluv. I got my LO's birh cerf at d hosp b4 i was dscharged.

quote author=adluv post=53907465]To God be the glory, I had my LO on the 11th Feb with Dr Tate/Emory, such a wonderful n experienced Dr who made sure I succeeded with my VBA2C.
Atlanta moms please how long does it take for the US passport to be issued and what can I do to get the birth cert bf the normal 8days, I need to leave asap. Please ur response will be highly appreciated.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Morgirl: 7:21pm On Feb 21, 2017
Hi everyone, i've been a silent reader for a while. I am in NYC (Brooklyn) and I'm looking for affordable hospital here. I've been to Wyckoff heights but they raised their rate to 9.500 VB and 15.000 Cs. Do you know any other hospital i can go to. Thank you everyone.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ANIT1: 7:57pm On Feb 21, 2017
oppaxy:

I actually spoke with them on this number today. Don't have any other number to reach them

Ok thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by adluv: 9:15pm On Feb 21, 2017
Thank u so much @mimibe. It sure came in handy. I appreciate.

birth certificate should be ready now go to, Georgia Department Of Public Health 2600 Skyland Dr. N.E. Vital Records Atlanta, GA 30319-3640 404-524-4278 or u can request online and it will be delivered to u at a cost, U can get US passport same day, book an appointment by calling 1-877-487-2778 then go to their office downtown.[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by iamnikky69: 9:26pm On Feb 21, 2017
Babatwi:

It not a must except your US Dr request for it. I guess the content should be a detailed history of your pregnancy and all the text you've done

Thanks a lot dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chanbaby: 1:26am On Feb 22, 2017
Pls who has done money gram and picked up with his or her international passport in the US without a US ID card. Pls info urgently needed. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Orestik(f): 1:54am On Feb 22, 2017
Check Lincoln Medical Centre, its in the Bronx NYC though.
Morgirl:
Hi everyone, i've been a silent reader for a while. I am in NYC (Brooklyn) and I'm looking for affordable hospital here. I've been to Wyckoff heights but they raised their rate to 9.500 VB and 15.000 Cs. Do you know any other hospital i can go to. Thank you everyone.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 6:04am On Feb 22, 2017
dittobaby:
Hi, everyone. I have interview tomorrow morning for my visa renewal and I'll like to know if there is any new info I need to have at hand. I know this request is quite late but any useful info would be highly appreciated.
My background story is that during my last interview I told the VO that I was going for vacation but I later got a change of intent letter cas I decided to go for birthing. After two months, I went back to the embassy to get visa for my then 2 yr old son and that was when I told the VO that I was travelling to give birth and that I would like to go with my son since he was too young for me to leave behind.
Recently I applied for renewal through Dropbox but I was asked to come for a face to face interview tomorrow morning.
Please is there any new information I need to know cas I've been out of touch from this thread? I don't want to be taken by unpleasant surprise.
Thank you.

I have someone in this kind of situation please how did your interview go?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Enkay01: 6:28am On Feb 22, 2017
Hi everyone good morning ☀️ am new here. And sern so many helpful posts. Plz does anyone know any AFFORDABLE Hospital in Pennsylvania with a good package.?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by reniduke(f): 6:59am On Feb 22, 2017
Ayokunle07:
Yes, for my wife. How far is it from your accommodation?
Im staying with family. About 1hours drive

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dwebb55: 7:36am On Feb 22, 2017
Enkay01:
Hi everyone good morning ☀️ am new here. And sern so many helpful posts. Plz does anyone know any AFFORDABLE Hospital in Pennsylvania with a good package.?

This is a DIY forum. Type the state or area you want information about in the search column at the top and then filter through. Or better still, start reading from part 1 or 2 to get a firm grip on what you need to do at different stages.

A lot of people treat this thread like a question and answer forum and even get annoyed when there is no response rather than take the time to read through from the beginning.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 9:45am On Feb 22, 2017
Hi everyone, I'll appreciate your help. DW (FTM) is due within a few weeks and I won't be able to make it because of change of schedule at work. I learnt both parents are required to be present while the passport is being applied. What are our options? Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ebonychic18(f): 10:48am On Feb 22, 2017
Chanbaby:
Pls who has done money gram and picked up with his or her international passport in the US without a US ID card. Pls info urgently needed. Thanks
Yes I did, it was sent from UBA And I collected the dollars same day from a CVS store using my international passport only. Eazy peazy.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mumzt: 11:09am On Feb 22, 2017
Hello,

First bank now giving 4k PTA but u must have ur tax clearance. I think it applies across all banks too. But I'm very sure about 1st bank
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Janet101(f): 11:18am On Feb 22, 2017
Good morning house,I just want take a moment to appreciate all the mums n dads in the house,i had my interview in Lagos dis morning and my visa was granted.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 11:22am On Feb 22, 2017
congrats...please share transcript so that people can learn from it.

Janet101:
Good morning house,I just want take a moment to appreciate all the mums n dads in the house,i had my interview in Lagos dis morning and my visa was granted.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by jesufifunmi: 11:24am On Feb 22, 2017
mumzt:
Hello,

First bank now giving 4k PTA but u must have ur tax clearance. I think it applies across all banks too. But I'm very sure about 1st bank
wow! Cash or on a card pls?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TimcyWhyte: 11:26am On Feb 22, 2017
Enishit:

Your best bet now is Diamond Exclusive I got 3k about 2weeks ago at the rate of 375.5
Please which one is Diamond Exclusive. And how do one go about it? Is it that you applied via Diamond bank or how? Please kindly help a sister. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mommatriplets: 11:33am On Feb 22, 2017
TimcyWhyte:

Please which one is Diamond Exclusive. And how do one go about it? Is it that you applied via Diamond bank or how? Please kindly help a sister. Thank you.

http://www.diamondbank.com/personal/current-accounts/diamond-xclusive-account/

thats all you need to know abt it

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 11:33am On Feb 22, 2017
It appears to be across all banks. I know of skye bank and I spoke to my AO at GT this morning and the tax clearance thing is across all banks
mumzt:
Hello,

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by akmid(f): 11:49am On Feb 22, 2017
Hi everyone, I intend taking delta airline to Dallas and we would have a stop over in Atlanta before heading to Dallas. Please I would like to know if Atlanta would be the point of entry or Dallas so as to decide how many hours stop over I should select at Atlanta. Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.