Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (978874 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by emerald274: 12:33am On Feb 27, 2017
grin
Shawbabe:

Well, since you're worried, call the airline and cancel your ticket. Just have your baby with the oversabi DR. At least your worries will fade away grin

Maybe that Dr na jazz man so his certificates carry jazz. Lol I'm kidding oh

You must ve interpreted 'doctor' to mean 'CBP official'. They mean different things. Just joking too. grin

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by emerald274: 12:36am On Feb 27, 2017
chibertha:
My dear arrange yourself well and go ahead.
Don't fear because of the negatives you hear.
Let me tell you what I heard before I left
1) my doctor said they won't fly you at 37 weeks
2) A Pastor in church said his wife was denied when going the second time after having their first baby
Etc etc
I just told them thanks and went on doing my research
I didn't even know of this thread then
What I did was read every part of the US embassy website to arm myself
Also I did my research on airlines to get the one that can take me at 37weeks l even printed the page and took along.
I got to the states POE was
What are you coming to do
I said to put to birth
I was told the normal you are not entitled to any government facilities pay all your bills and bring your receipts next time you come to this country.

It was when I put to birth and from this thread latter I understood why my pastors wife was denied entry. She took Medicaid for the kid and collected food weekly until she returned. No be she find trouble?

All I am saying is your case will always be different if you listen to people outside this thread you will be afraid to go for it.
Good luck.

Its best to stay positive. Thank you for the encouraging words.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by fatima04: 2:25am On Feb 27, 2017
Hello house, please what can i do in a situation where the hospital i gave birth just gave me an agreement between the hospital and myself stating the fees i paid and not issuing a zero balance statement?

B. Pls which one can i use for SSN on the US passport application between 4 or 5 zeros and will i need to change it on the application when the actual number comes?

Please urgent response needed abeg.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Jessmama: 3:19am On Feb 27, 2017
@fatima04. congrats on d arrival of your baby.
1. If the agreement shows the original amount and the discount you were given, i think its fine(if the balance to pay then agrees with the receipts of payment u have)
2. I put 4 zeros. and no you don't need to update the form when the SSN comes. except you have not submitted your application for the US passport when you receive the SSN. I had gotten the US passport before i received the SSN

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 5:21am On Feb 27, 2017
Mel403:
Hello everyone, happy Sunday to us all.
Thanks janet101 for replying me.
Pls more questions;
My husband travelled and stayed back in the us even after his visa expired will it affect my chances of going to the us for b1b2 visa. We have 2 kids. Please response will be appreciated.

You can forget getting a B1/B2 visa.

Here's why - you will have to include your spouse on your DS160 application. The VO will be able to determine that he is currently in the US illegally. Why should the VO believe that you and your kids will abide by the terms of the visa?

Thanks to you and your husband, the next innocent applicant has to jump through extra hoops to convince the consulate of "ties" in order to obtain a visa. If we talk now, you people will be the first to waffle on about ITK. Good luck on getting any other US visa.

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 5:26am On Feb 27, 2017
simababe:
Pls you guys should zip it. We are all adults here. No one knows it all. We should learn to overlook somethings if we can't correct each other calmly. I also filled a form during doctors visit, I was asked my salary, I said I'm not working and I'm on self pay. I was made to pay 30 dollars then, but all my recipt has self pay on it. I told them I was sponsored by my husband and I don't work. Now I've learnt never to input any salary anywhere. Though I Dnt know if it applies everywher cos I gave birth in new York. Let's do everything with love. We are all trying to work towards a better future for our kids n ourselves. #signout

This is what often gets lost in all of the discussion here... the US taxpayer is also trying to work towards a better future for his kids and him/herself. They should not be forced to bear the burdens of people taking undue advantage of a system they have not contributed to. The "discounts" you get come from the medicare/medicaid taxes we all have to pay at source every month and for which we are not entitled to.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by simababe(f): 5:42am On Feb 27, 2017
TWoods:

This is what often gets lost in all of the discussion here... the US taxpayer is also trying to work towards a better future for his kids and him/herself. They should not be forced to bear the burdens of people taking undue advantage of a system they have not contributed to. The "discounts" you get come from the medicare/medicaid taxes we all have to pay at source every month and for which we are not entitled to.

Pls don't misquote me, I'm certain u read where I said I have learnt not to include my earnings anywhere again. No 1 is saying we should go and use tax payers money. I was only trying to calm down there arguments. Bsyds u don't expect me to lie do you. I made sure I told them that I Dnt want anytyn that would flag my visa. And I still stand on my grounds that we al are trying to make a better future for our kids n selves.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 5:52am On Feb 27, 2017
simababe:

Pls don't misquote me, I'm certain u read where I said I have learnt not to include my earnings anywhere again. No 1 is saying we should go and use tax payers money. I was only trying to calm down there arguments. Bsyds u don't expect me to lie do you. I made sure I told them that I Dnt want anytyn that would flag my visa. And I still stand on my grounds that we al are trying to make a better future for our kids n selves.

I wasn't referencing you perse, simply pointing out the fact that we should not lose sight of the other side of the coin. Your post simply came in handy.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Uzzie: 6:22am On Feb 27, 2017
fatima04:
Hello house, please what can i do in a situation where the hospital i gave birth just gave me an agreement between the hospital and myself stating the fees i paid and not issuing a zero balance statement?

B. Pls which one can i use for SSN on the US passport application between 4 or 5 zeros and will i need to change it on the application when the actual number comes?

You can leave it blank, you'll be given a document to sign saying you were not issued one
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 6:29am On Feb 27, 2017
Answer
A If the document states that you have paid your bills and not indebted in any way then keep it well.

B. Use 000000 to get the passport you don't need to change it for now untill the passport is due for renewal then you put the number.

fatima04:

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 6:54am On Feb 27, 2017
fatima04:

If you ask me, that zero balance statement does more harm than good, especially if you got a discount. So just take your rexiept, agreement and itemized bill and make sure they all tally.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debbyomi(f): 7:16am On Feb 27, 2017
Hey my Dallas Bound mamas...holla. Boredom is real

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 7:17am On Feb 27, 2017
True especially if they stated the exact amount you paid in it.
Mine just has that my account and my sons account has paid all bills hence not indebted to the hospital.

nefertitiram:

If you ask me, that zero balance statement does more harm than good, especially if you got a discount. So just take your rexiept, agreement and itemized bill and make sure they all tally.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by olokings(m): 7:26am On Feb 27, 2017
Chanbaby:

If u have given birth in the US before how much did u pay? Did u pay the 20,000- 40,000 bill that US citizen pay or u paid max 8,000 bill. Why didn't u insist to pay 20,000 cos u are not a US citizen and didn't they know u are an international patient? They can not erroneously think I'm a US tax payer when I gave them my international passport and insisted I'm paying cash and filled any income cos I don't stay there and didn't know what to fill.

You do realise your argument will be wits a VO and not a fellow here right?...
Thread with caution because the probability of getting a pass on negligent actions towards this discount issue is getting slimmer by the day.

At the end it's your visa your call.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mandex11: 8:07am On Feb 27, 2017
well said @chibertha well said smiley
chibertha:
My dear arrange yourself well and go ahead.
Don't fear because of the negatives you hear.
Let me tell you what I heard before I left
1) my doctor said they won't fly you at 37 weeks
2) A Pastor in church said his wife was denied when going the second time after having their first baby
Etc etc
I just told them thanks and went on doing my research
I didn't even know of this thread then
What I did was read every part of the US embassy website to arm myself
Also I did my research on airlines to get the one that can take me at 37weeks l even printed the page and took along.
I got to the states POE was
What are you coming to do
I said to put to birth
I was told the normal you are not entitled to any government facilities pay all your bills and bring your receipts next time you come to this country.

It was when I put to birth and from this thread latter I understood why my pastors wife was denied entry. She took Medicaid for the kid and collected food weekly until she returned. No be she find trouble?

All I am saying is your case will always be different if you listen to people outside this thread you will be afraid to go for it.
Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by databasecareers: 8:10am On Feb 27, 2017
Janet101:

First week in April

Janet and baeboss you can reach me on databasecareers@outlook.com

Elpaso mum
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by modath(f): 8:36am On Feb 27, 2017
nefertitiram:

I believe TWoods will b in the best position to answer you

Mehn, da things one has read on this thread ayam not understanding... Questions that ordinarily shouldn't come up let alone ask on a forum that isn't closed or private.....

Visas are privileges not RIGHTS.. cool

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 8:48am On Feb 27, 2017
modath:

Mehn, da things one has read on this thread ayam not understanding... Questions that ordinarily shouldn't come up let alone ask on a forum that isn't closed or private.....

Visas are privileges not RIGHTS.. cool

Mo mi lady! Welcome back!

Na wetin we de see since o! Hummnn

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 10:07am On Feb 27, 2017
emerald274:
grin

You must ve interpreted 'doctor' to mean 'CBP official'. They mean different things. Just joking too. grin

Oooh really? I thought Drs now stand at borders checking passports. tongue

Nope I got you loud and clear. U probably lost the humour. Dr wey write two fit to fly certificates for his 2 patients and them send them back. My joke is the Certificate carry jazz once una carry the paper reach airline or him himself want una to come back and deliver with him. It was a joke.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 10:15am On Feb 27, 2017
TWoods:

You can forget getting a B1/B2 visa.

Here's why - you will have to include your spouse on your DS160 application. The VO will be able to determine that he is currently in the US illegally. Why should the VO believe that you and your kids will abide by the terms of the visa?

Thanks to you and your husband, the next innocent applicant has to jump through extra hoops to convince the consulate of "ties" in order to obtain a visa. If we talk now, you people will be the first to waffle on about ITK. Good luck on getting any other US visa.

You are condescending!!! Stick it! Stick it! *in market woman Freshface's voice*

Lmao. Abeg una no go kill person on this thread.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mimimum: 10:44am On Feb 27, 2017
You too like wahala. You want to start another argument. We will soon arrest two of you.
Shawbabe:

You are condescending!!! Stick it! Stick it! *in market woman Freshface's voice*

Lmao. Abeg una no go kill person on this thread.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mimimum: 10:53am On Feb 27, 2017
Hi fehinebony. Will you be able to respond to a pm? I need some info please. Thanks.
fehinebony:

Very lovely hospital, I rate them 5star! The nursing care is out of this world...had my baby on the 26th November had a beautiful stay there
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 11:03am On Feb 27, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello jacksparow. In the case of births and students, some documents may be required. For births in particular, we want to confirm that healthcare costs were paid in full. Visa officers have seen many applicants bearing statements/receipts from hospitals in the US. We also know generally what healthcare costs in America.
It's sometimes the case that unscrupulous doctors will craft unrealistically cheap birth plans and then go on to bill the government for the full costs. What are the true costs? A Google search for "how much does birth cost in the US" turned up this result:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-31052665

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by zmoney: 11:24am On Feb 27, 2017
Hi all. Please i had my baby in the U.S in 2014,paid all my bills and got my receipts. I intend going again in April. I applied via dropbox for visa renewal in Jan and I'm yet to get a response from them.
Has anyone experienced this kind of delay with dropbox? Thanks in advance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 11:45am On Feb 27, 2017
mimimum:
You too like wahala. You want to start another argument. We will soon arrest two of you.
Akuko. On top internet? Wahala was awoken yesterday oh grin

The worse that can happen na banning, it won't even stop me from reading and getting the info I want. Some folks probably have all their families on here hence threatening another person and think you can actually do it. Gangster things. Maybe there's now a new way of slapping people through phone/computer screens that Freshface knows.
Who do I know on here? No one. Who knows me? No one. So folks need to quit taking mere written posts to heart. Especially when you ain't feeding me. On that note, imma resume to regular program. Lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by customised87: 11:46am On Feb 27, 2017
zmoney:
Hi all. Please i had my baby in the U.S in 2014,paid all my bills and got my receipts. I intend going again in April. I applied via dropbox for visa renewal in Jan and I'm yet to get a response from them.

Why not track the application on ceac.state.gov
You will need your application ID for this

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 11:48am On Feb 27, 2017
zmoney:

I did when I applied for renewal last year but they eventually called me for an interview. It could be that they're doing their own checks. They call if something is unclear. Maybe try emailing them.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by customised87: 12:25pm On Feb 27, 2017
I submitted my passport for dropbox on Mon, 21st Feb 2017 for renewal. I tracked it on ceac website today and it says ISSUED. I thank God cos my visa was gotten to attend programme in NY in June,2014 but I couldn't attend the prog then cos i then got to know i was pregnant and I battled severe morning sickness. I sent the change of intent mail and declared at the Dallas POE,I had my baby in Feb, 2015 in US and paid all my bills. I was expecting to be called for an interview but here I am.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Teefinix3: 12:51pm On Feb 27, 2017
Teefinix3:
Good evening house....
I ve been a silent reader of this thread for quite a while. Pls I ve a concern abt travelling to give birth in June. I travelled with my family in 2015 for vac and the visa expired in 2016 after which we did a drop box renewal almost immediately but couldn't travel in 2016 for some reasons. We eventually decided to go for d vac in 2017.
Fast forward...I got preg and now wish to travel for birthing in June.
1) Is it necessary I send a change of intent letter? The preg was not even planned.....but now that I am, is this letter still necessary
2) will my birthing in us jeopardise my family's future renewals.
We really don't want to waste the visa without travelling within the 2 yrs validity. The visa will expire Feb 2018.
Will really appreciate ur advises...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by tytmed: 12:52pm On Feb 27, 2017
My people how una de.
i saw air moroc flight to NY in july for 355k on cheap ticket this morning. even though i'm atl bound i thought since new york ticket is cheaper i should consider it then do NY to ATL.
so i went to air moroc office in VI, gave them the same date and they said ticket is 375k i was still thinking about it when i said let me even confirm their pregnant flyer policy. their website says up to 8 months which should be like before 36 weeks only for the woman there to tell me not more that 32 weeks. can you imagine what will i go and be doing form 32 weeks with toddler? and who will someone even believe self. attendant at local office or policy on their website. what do you guys think?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by baeboss: 1:02pm On Feb 27, 2017
databasecareers:

Janet and baeboss you can reach me on databasecareers@outlook.com

Elpaso mum

I've sent you a mail
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by baeboss: 1:07pm On Feb 27, 2017
debbyomi:
Hello Everyone. I'm Dallas bound for my second missionary journey. I am due in May and will be leaving next Month. Any fellow momma goin to Dallas. Will like to have someone to talk with and occasionally meet up with to ease boredom. Please holla. :-)

Hi debbyyomi please I will like to know more about the hospital you are going to use in Dallas and accommodation thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.