Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,006 members, 7,821,525 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (978844 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 8:48am On Feb 26, 2017
Hello good people, Am trying to renew my passport for my re-application and i was told its a re-issue they do and not renewal and it cant be done earlier than when it hits 6months to expiration. So invariable i would be having a different passport number on my passport and i intending applying soon to appear for the interview early april. As it appears, i can apply with my old passport but by the day am appearing for the interview, it would be 10days shy of the 6 months required on a passport before applying for a visa. Although i would have the new passport by that day so my question is can i take both passports with different numbers and same name for the interview or i wait for the new one to be ready before even filling the form.

thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by boluwagin: 10:52am On Feb 26, 2017
Thank you!

temmyo:

I got the north certificate from the vitals office in downtown Dallas. Initially went to the records office in Carrolton (I had my baby in carrolton so that's where the hospital said I should go pick up) but because I wanted the long form certificate I was directed to downtown Dallas. Paid and picked up within 30 mins. This was a week after baby was born.

For american passport I called to book an appointment with the Irving main post office. They gave me a time to come the next day. Printed the form from the internet and filled it. Got all supporting docs. Went the next day. Took baby's passport photo there. Submitted the documents and made payments. Passport was mailed to me in exactly 10 days.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mel403: 11:23am On Feb 26, 2017
Janet101:
22/02/2017....

My great nairaland family I have come with my testimony. I got my visa approved in Lagos embassy on 22/02/2017 8am appointment.

Vo: good morning
Me: good morning ma
Vo: why are u going to the US?
Me: To have my baby
Vo: is this ur first child(referring to my 2yrs old son)
Me : yes
Vo: what do u do?
Me: I work with .........
Vo: what does your husband do?
Me : he works with so and so company
Vo: have u traveled before?
Me: No!
Vo: how much is ur budget
Me: 15 dollars
Vo:can I see your budget?
Me:yes,I gave it to her
Vo: nodds and asked if I am in contact with any doctor
Me: yes
Vo: can I see ur correspondence
Me: gave it to her
She started reading something on her computer for sometime. Then went through the Dr's correspondence then passed it back to me. My 2yrs old son was busy repeating her question n i was just calm.
Vo: Do u have anyone in Us?
Me: no
Vo: gave me the white paper and said pick up ur visa in 3working days.
Me: thank u! I was so surprised.

The Lord has done it for us on dis forum again.
Please read n jot down all the necessary information you need.ask question n don't lie about anything prepare well.

Thanks for ur time
EL Paso mum'2017

Congratulations on ur visa. Please I've got only 2 questions for you.
1) was your baby bump already showing?
2) was d visa for you and your son as he's two years or you intend to leave him behind. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by sexymj(f): 12:11pm On Feb 26, 2017
Thank you all for the response.

It has been very helpful.

chibertha:
Run run run run.
Pay all your bills by yourself and collect both your account statement and zero balance reciept.
Don't give them the money to pay for you to avoid stories that touch.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by cfcchick: 12:59pm On Feb 26, 2017
modath:

Who are the "THEY"? & would this "they" be available to "explain" at your visa renewal? You do realise it's not a lifetime entry thing ma!

Harken to the voice of caution/wisdom NOW!!!!

Thank you so much!! Who are the 'They' please don't play victim to situation u are consenting to! If u can afford to pay your bill abeg pay it and don't cheat the system that u are not contributing anything to...

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chinwe11: 1:40pm On Feb 26, 2017
Now I am confused oh. With this subsidising thing. My hospital says delivery alone is 13k but if u are paying cash it's 8k for cash paying. Does that count as subsidised? They won't allow me pay more cos the bill they give is the 8k. Is it an issue?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Janet101(f): 1:44pm On Feb 26, 2017
Mel403:

Congratulations on ur visa. Please I've got only 2 questions for you.
1) was your baby bump already showing?
2) was d visa for you and your son as he's two years or you intend to leave him behind. Thanks.

Thank you,
Yes my baby bump is already showing n I will be traveling with my son.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 2:13pm On Feb 26, 2017
Freshface:
Uncle Twood, STICK IT! As much as u have enthroned yourself as the moral police of this thread, it's appreciated sometimes but other times u r just freaking annoying!

You can put ur point across without being condescending! Because u live and work in America doesn't automatically mean u are better than all of us. I am certain u are also an immigrant, so stop being more American than the originals sef! I am sure u got there for want of a better life! That is what parents here are trying to secure for the children!

I am sure if u had ur way, u would stop all of us from coming over all together! Unfortunately, there's absolutely nothing YOU can do about it! Until such a time it becomes illegal, we will continue at it legally and truthfully to the best of our abilities!

So once again, stick it!

If you notice, i only respond to posts where there may be a hint of illegality. There are tons of posts here that i do not respond to at all... the point isn't that birthing is illegal, but that you make sure that you do so without taking advantage of the system.

If the shoe was on the other foot too, you'd be just as "condescending" as you accuse me. Methinks you're more upset that you have to get a visa to birth in the first place. My advice to you - take your own advice.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 2:17pm On Feb 26, 2017
Freshface:
Uncle Twood, STICK IT! As much as u have enthroned yourself as the moral police of this thread, it's appreciated sometimes but other times u r just freaking annoying!

You can put ur point across without being condescending! Because u live and work in America doesn't automatically mean u are better than all of us. I am certain u are also an immigrant, so stop being more American than the originals sef! I am sure u got there for want of a better life! That is what parents here are trying to secure for the children!

I am sure if u had ur way, u would stop all of us from coming over all together! Unfortunately, there's absolutely nothing YOU can do about it! Until such a time it becomes illegal, we will continue at it legally and truthfully to the best of our abilities!

So once again, stick it!

He didn't come across as condescending though. All he did was explain to her thoroughly. She's the one that took it south by talking about him paying 20k for childbirth.
I don't think you comprehended what you read, and ran to write you're sure he wants to stop people. Do you know him? How did you arrive at that conclusion
The problem with a lot of people on this thread is, you tend to get defensive and salty when you think your "dumbness" or lack of knowledge is being scrutinised. And that's inferiority complex. Someone cannot share intelligent information again without being accused of "talking down" on someone. We don't all know it all but some people definitely know more than others, respect that. It took time and energy to educate themselves about certain issues. I had one accuse my post 3 or 4 pages back, but I ignored him because that's the typical Nigerian behaviour. Accuse of doing ITK.
Well if you don't want to be "condencended" on, make an effort to educate yourself or be humble enough to want to learn!

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Teefinix3: 4:57pm On Feb 26, 2017
Good evening house....
I ve been a silent reader of this thread for quite a while. Pls I ve a concern abt travelling to give birth in June. I travelled with my family in 2015 for vac and the visa expired in 2016 after which we did a drop box renewal almost immediately but couldn't travel in 2016 for some reasons. We eventually decided to go for d vac in 2017.
Fast forward...I got preg and now wish to travel for birthing in June.
1) Is it necessary I send a change of intent letter? The preg was not even planned.....but now that I am, is this letter still necessary
2) will my birthing in us jeopardise my family's future renewals.
We really don't want to waste the visa without travelling within the 2 yrs validity. The visa expired Feb 2018.
Will really appreciate ur advises...
Kindly respond pls....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by bbaby84(f): 5:03pm On Feb 26, 2017
chinwe11:
Now I am confused oh. With this subsidising thing. My hospital says delivery alone is 13k but if u are paying cash it's 8k for cash paying. Does that count as subsidised? They won't allow me pay more cos the bill they give is the 8k. Is it an issue?

You're good to go.... there's a discount because you're self pay and you're paying cash ( not using insurance like the average American). Just make sure you collect the receipts and zero balance for visa renewal/ point of exit/ entry.
Please don't be confused.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 6:15pm On Feb 26, 2017
Use the new one to fill the forms
And get appointment
freshdad:
Hello good people, Am trying to renew my passport for my re-application and i was told its a re-issue they do and not renewal and it cant be done earlier than when it hits 6months to expiration. So invariable i would be having a different passport number on my passport and i intending applying soon to appear for the interview early april. As it appears, i can apply with my old passport but by the day am appearing for the interview, it would be 10days shy of the 6 months required on a passport before applying for a visa. Although i would have the new passport by that day so my question is can i take both passports with different numbers and same name for the interview or i wait for the new one to be ready before even filling the form.

thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by lmureli: 6:37pm On Feb 26, 2017
Mrsc22:
Hello Mums!!!
I want to birth my baby in the US. My interview date is in March. Please what do i need to know. I am using oakbend, houston. Dr F. My hubby and I are going to going for interview together. I hv travelled to 3countries; hubby: UK. We r both entrepreneurs. Hus company acc is wat we r using (my friend used her hubby company acc before). I am just wandering why everyone is saying go alone... or they went alone. I am scared. Please is there any advantage of going alone?
Pls my sister will be travelling soon and she will be using oakbend in Houston, the challenge for me is the fact that she will be going alone..pls can anyone share their experience with the hospital and any useful tip i might need..infact i need all the counsel i can get from the house.
Thankyou!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 6:46pm On Feb 26, 2017
lmureli:

Pls my sister will be travelling soon and she will be using oakbend in Houston, the challenge for me is the fact that she will be going alone..pls can anyone share their experience with the hospital and any useful tip i might need..infact i need all the counsel i can get from the house.
Thankyou!

Your sister doesn't have any problem. A lot of the people here have used Oakbend,in fact it's the most popular Texas hospital here,so read on.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by julzz(f): 6:50pm On Feb 26, 2017
debby516:
My beans sailed thru and wasnt seized. My husband also brought beans for me when he came. Just make sure its well dried under d sun, pick it carefully to take out d infested ones. Who knows u may be lucky.

Well when my rice was seized that was what I was told that goes for beans too because of weevil, I guess you were lucky because I was too as my Yam and indomie made it in unlike other peeps but my husband wasn't so lucky as the indomie and Yam he was bringing was seized .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by simababe(f): 7:28pm On Feb 26, 2017
Pls you guys should zip it. We are all adults here. No one knows it all. We should learn to overlook somethings if we can't correct each other calmly. I also filled a form during doctors visit, I was asked my salary, I said I'm not working and I'm on self pay. I was made to pay 30 dollars then, but all my recipt has self pay on it. I told them I was sponsored by my husband and I don't work. Now I've learnt never to input any salary anywhere. Though I Dnt know if it applies everywher cos I gave birth in new York. Let's do everything with love. We are all trying to work towards a better future for our kids n ourselves. #signout

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mel403: 9:03pm On Feb 26, 2017
Hello everyone, happy Sunday to us all.
Thanks janet101 for replying me.
Pls more questions;
My husband travelled and stayed back in the us even after his visa expired will it affect my chances of going to the us for b1b2 visa. We have 2 kids. Please response will be appreciated.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by iamnikky69: 11:08pm On Feb 26, 2017
Sophiamax16:
I was denied in Abj wit Dh. We went a month later to Lagos and we were given

Please were u asked ur reason for leaving Abuja and going to Lagos?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MamaOO: 11:10pm On Feb 26, 2017
Mel403:
Pls more questions;
My husband travelled and stayed back in the us even after his visa expired will it affect my chances of going to the us for b1b2 visa. We have 2 kids. Please response will be appreciated.
YES. You sef reason am.... which right thinking VO will give you and your kids a visa when your husband s and is currently here illegally? They will think you intend to migrate. Even if you don't have such intents.

Until your husband can file for you people to come legally, the US should not be one of the countries you should considering visiting. You might be lucky though. And you go for an interview where the VO doesn't ask where your husband is located and what he is currently doing

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 11:42pm On Feb 26, 2017
Mel403:
Pls more questions;

I believe TWoods will b in the best position to answer you

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by emerald274: 12:16am On Feb 27, 2017
Babatwi:

No need to panic, you don't know the kind of issues the women that were sent back had and how prepared they were. guess you have read and digested this thread,just pray,follow the recommendations here and go prepared.All the best!

You are right. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by emerald274: 12:17am On Feb 27, 2017
Flowers:

No need to be scared once you have done your homework well you will be fine

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.