Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (975552 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mrsc22: 7:05pm On Feb 24, 2017
Babatwi:

I guess so. Cant my business stand as a tie?
They advice you to apply alone so that your husband will act as your tie to home,that being said husband and wife have been known to apply together and were both given,so flow with your mind.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by jesufifunmi: 7:10pm On Feb 24, 2017
passionantchica:
Meanwhile, banks are giving PTA now, and no need for Tax clearance anymore. I got 2k today.

What bank pls?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dyout: 7:16pm On Feb 24, 2017
Almost all the banks are giving PTA. My wife got from Stanbic today $4k @374.5, Zenith, Diamond, First Bank, FCMB. this all I know of for now

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mrsc22: 7:19pm On Feb 24, 2017
Most banks are giving 4k. CBN directive. At 375.5.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 8:24pm On Feb 24, 2017
idonhear:
@ titileps & Shawbabe.

Does Houston Northwest Medical Center accepts an outside pediatrician? Please help clarify.

Please read where I wrote a pediatrician AFFILIATED with the hospital. This applies to hospitals in general. U can't get a random Dr to come and practice in a random hospital. Even Naija no dey do am.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by passionantchica: 8:30pm On Feb 24, 2017
Applied for 4K but guy that helped me already said he wasn't sure I'd get all 4K. I can't complain.
Babatwi:

Why 2k,did you apply for 4k and got 2k?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by passionantchica: 8:30pm On Feb 24, 2017
Gtbank. But other banks have started giving too.

jesufifunmi:

What bank pls?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ANIT1: 9:37pm On Feb 24, 2017
sexymj:

Hi. I just got here on monday. I flew turkish @34+ wks. I got a git to fly 4rm my doctor but the turkish officials in Nigeria asked me to get fit to fly from port health.
I advise u wear loose clothing as well, although i wasnt disturbed @istanbul.

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by emerald274: 10:31pm On Feb 24, 2017
Hello Nairalanders, I am scheduled to leave for Houston next week so I thought today was a good day to see my doctor before my departure and to request for a 'fit to fly certificate'. The doctor was like 'hope you are fully prepared'. That he had 2 of his patients whom he had given such certificates within the last 2/3 weeks denied entry and returned. He said he didn't ask them for details of why but one of them had already had 2 babies in the US.
Now I'm worried and scared as it appears this Trump motivated rigidity may have made things tougher.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chanbaby: 5:27am On Feb 25, 2017
Shawbabe:

Nope. U are wrong. You have to understand all the steps for this project so u dont get there and face bills.

All newborns are seen by a pediatrician. She meant getting one from outside the hospital schedule that day but affiliated with the hospital. Then it'll be cheaper. That's what I did with my first baby. And I paid $120 against the $1000 the hospital would charge if they give you one themselves.

Note when u get admitted for labor, you have to fill your pediatrician's info and contact on your admission form so they call him/her when baby is born, unless they'll give you one on call that night and bill you high.

They don't do that anymore had my baby 9days ago. No form to fill paedritician. Hospital will give u the one on call.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chanbaby: 5:41am On Feb 25, 2017
chibertha:
Either your doctor or hospital will usually give a list of Pediatricians registered with the hospital to choose from.
The person or who ever is on call for him will attend to your baby at time of birth.
After both of you are discarded I believe is the time you can go looking for another doctor for your baby.
But if you already have a Pediatrician not affliatted with the hospital then it is wise you asked the hospital if they will let the person be there at baby birth and also attend to baby.
As for prizes what you get in the quotes are base line but if there are other treatments given then expect higher bill more than quoted but they will always tell you why by giving you itemized list of all they did.

You are on point. Every bill is negotiable no stamp on it. I will advice those going to houston to look for hope clinic and use for ur baby's visit after birth. I paid $30 for pku, lab and office visit and they do hearing test for $20 as against the $130 quote the hospital gave me but didn't do it. Their charges ranges from $30- $75

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chanbaby: 5:49am On Feb 25, 2017
Pls, how long does one need to apply for PTA get it. My hubby is travelling on 6th of March will he get it if he applies now?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 5:52am On Feb 25, 2017
passionantchica:
Applied for 4K but guy that helped me already said he wasn't sure I'd get all 4K. I can't complain.

If you are still intrested,will advice you to try another bank for the remaining $2k. Meanwhile was wondering why you were advicced to apply for only $2k. I am sure you would have gotten the whole $4k if you had applied for it. Pta don turn purewater now o.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 5:56am On Feb 25, 2017
[quote author=Mrsc22 post=54025793][/quote]

You can use your business so far as it is well established and worth coming back to. You can actually use anything that you have that is worth coming back home to as tie to home country.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 6:05am On Feb 25, 2017
Chanbaby:
Pls, how long does one need to apply for PTA get it. My hubby is travelling on 6th of March will he get it if he applies now?

I went to Access & Stanbic yesterday and both said you must apply 2wks before your departure date. Tell him to still go to his bank and try his luck,this is naija,they might still be able to do something for him
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 6:10am On Feb 25, 2017
emerald274:
Hello Nairalanders, I am scheduled to leave for Houston next week so I thought today was a good day to see my doctor before my departure and to request for a 'fit to fly certificate'. The doctor was like 'hope you are fully prepared'. That he had 2 of his patients whom he had given such certificates within the last 2/3 weeks denied entry and returned. He said he didn't ask them for details of why but one of them had already had 2 babies in the US.
Now I'm worried and scared as it appears this Trump motivated rigidity may have made things tougher.

No need to panic, you don't know the kind of issues the women that were sent back had and how prepared they were. guess you have read and digested this thread,just pray,follow the recommendations here and go prepared.All the best!

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Flowers: 6:21am On Feb 25, 2017
Chanbaby:

You are on point. Every bill is negotiable no stamp on it. I will advice those going to houston to look for hope clinic and use for ur baby's visit after birth. I paid $30 for pku, lab and office visit and they do hearing test for $20 as against the $130 quote the hospital gave me but didn't do it. There charges ranges from $30- $75 depending on your income so when filling the form fill a low amount as ur income so u qualify for the $30 package.

Please I want to find out is it Hope Clinic that will give the form? Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Flowers: 6:24am On Feb 25, 2017
emerald274:

No need to be scared once you have done your homework well you will be fine

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 6:32am On Feb 25, 2017
Chanbaby:

They don't do that anymore had my baby 9days ago. No form to fill paedritician. Hospital will give u the one on call.

Figured you gave birth in Houston. I gave birth in Atlanta and that's what they do there. Things that you paid for like Pku and hearing test, are compulsory and free in the State of Georgia. So let's find out what applies to the State we're headed. The hospital I used still gives you the form to fill your pediatrician's info on it.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by zitaspears: 6:35am On Feb 25, 2017
Hello all ,can I carry rice ,spaghetti and beans when travelling . My POE is houston. Any body with the latest gist for houston ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 6:38am On Feb 25, 2017
emerald274:

Well, since you're worried, call the airline and cancel your ticket. Just have your baby with the oversabi DR. At least your worries will fade away grin

Maybe that Dr na jazz man so his certificates carry jazz. Lol I'm kidding oh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 6:40am On Feb 25, 2017
zitaspears:
Hello all ,can I carry rice ,spaghetti and beans when travelling . My POE is houston. Any body with the latest gist for houston ?

There's rice, spaghetti and beans in Houston to buy though. Anyway I'm sure you're fine. Just declare them when you land.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 7:50am On Feb 25, 2017
zitaspears:
Hello all ,can I carry rice ,spaghetti and beans when travelling . My POE is houston. Any body with the latest gist for houston ?2

if you want to carry naija beans i can understand ,but why Spaghetti and rice? Those are imported from America to naija,so why would you want to carry them from Naija to Yankee? Abi na ofada rice you wan carry?

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debby516(f): 8:31am On Feb 25, 2017
In my opinion, hope clinic discounted rate are for low income earners and isnt applicable to us foreigners who dont actually earn an income in US. I advise u stay clear of them. I called them while i was in Richmond, but considering d paperwork i had to fill and disclosing info that are nt true, i walked away. I used dr. Rubina khan in memorial hermann and i didnt regret it.
Chanbaby:

You are on point. Every bill is negotiable no stamp on it. I will advice those going to houston to look for hope clinic and use for ur baby's visit after birth. I paid $30 for pku, lab and office visit and they do hearing test for $20 as against the $130 quote the hospital gave me but didn't do it. There charges ranges from $30- $75 depending on your income so when filling the form fill a low amount as ur income so u qualify for the $30 package.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by databasecareers: 8:33am On Feb 25, 2017
Babatwi:

if you want to carry naija beans i can understand ,but why Spaghetti and rice? Those are imported from America to naija,so why would you want to carry them from Naija to Yankee? Abi na ofada rice you wan carry?

Lol funny

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MiddyO(f): 8:38am On Feb 25, 2017
Chanbaby:

14 days before your travel date. But Still try you never know.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chiprettie: 8:59am On Feb 25, 2017
Chanbaby:
Yes he will get. He can apply on monday.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 10:24am On Feb 25, 2017
My dear arrange yourself well and go ahead.
Don't fear because of the negatives you hear.
Let me tell you what I heard before I left
1) my doctor said they won't fly you at 37 weeks
2) A Pastor in church said his wife was denied when going the second time after having their first baby
Etc etc
I just told them thanks and went on doing my research
I didn't even know of this thread then
What I did was read every part of the US embassy website to arm myself
Also I did my research on airlines to get the one that can take me at 37weeks l even printed the page and took along.
I got to the states POE was
What are you coming to do
I said to put to birth
I was told the normal you are not entitled to any government facilities pay all your bills and bring your receipts next time you come to this country.

It was when I put to birth and from this thread latter I understood why my pastors wife was denied entry. She took Medicaid for the kid and collected food weekly until she returned. No be she find trouble?

All I am saying is your case will always be different if you listen to people outside this thread you will be afraid to go for it.
Good luck.

emerald274:

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Flowers: 11:22am On Feb 25, 2017
debby516:
In my opinion, hope clinic discounted rate are for low income earners and isnt applicable to us foreigners who dont actually earn an income in US. I advise u stay clear of them. I called them while i was in Richmond, but considering d paperwork i had to fill and disclosing info that are nt true, i walked away. I used dr. Rubina khan in memorial hermann and i didnt regret it.

I used Dr. Rubina Khan the last time but the clinic was really far from where I stayed. She's such a great person and really helpful. I won't mind a cheaper paed that is near now. However this paperwork and low income thing I don't know
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by muyiwaojo1(m): 11:35am On Feb 25, 2017
Good morning.i must say I have learnt a lot on this forum. Please, I have a question, my wife an I are traveling to the US. She has a visa since last year on her maiden name because that's d name on her passport. Now the passport will expire this June, while the visa is expiring in 2018. She has renewed her passport now and the name on her passport now is my name (since she's married to me). Please I want to know the name I can use in buying her a ticket.
I'm confused because if I use her maiden name, her passport will expire June (which is less than 6 months from now) and if I use her new surname, the name is just on her new passport but not on the visa. Please advice....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by feddy27: 12:29pm On Feb 25, 2017
muyiwaojo1:
Good morning.i must say I have learnt a lot on this forum. Please, I have a question, my wife an I are traveling to the US. She has a visa since last year on her maiden name because that's d name on her passport. Now the passport will expire this June, while the visa is expiring in 2018. She has renewed her passport now and the name on her passport now is my name (since she's married to me). Please I want to know the name I can use in buying her a ticket.
I'm confused because if I use her maiden name, her passport will expire June (which is less than 6 months from now) and if I use her new surname, the name is just on her new passport but not on the visa. Please advice....

Buy the ticket in her new name. The new passport has reference to the old one so her visa is valid. She needs to travel with both passports. My old visa was also in my maiden name.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.