Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,710 members, 7,809,695 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (975439 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 10:25pm On Mar 24, 2017
Please dont offended, passed by a thread and someone there was making it sound like it was an issue and i wanted another opinion, Better to be safe than sorry
Shawbabe:

I'm actually mad I took the pains to answer your email to have you ask THE EXACT SAME question here. So why the pm? angry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by olajay5: 10:56pm On Mar 24, 2017
Flowers:

These CBPs can ask questions sha. Many people are just porting to Houston hence all their shakara. Thank God your wife was prepared. Please we are waiting for the comment about Dr. E.

Part 2 of my DW's experience. Challenge with Dr. E

We started engaging Dr E as far back as November 2016 with constant mail exchange. February this year, Dr E sent list of tests, confirm her appointment, send necessary letters and everything seems set and good-to-go. On DW's appointment date, DW got to Dr E's office but the appointment was rescheduled due to some system issue. The Dr kept my wife waiting for two weeks

Fast forward to her next appointment date, Dr E's office assistant called DW that the Dr is sorry and she will not be able to see her again (cos she is busy) and that DW should get another doctor (she actually gave DW some doctor's phone number). DW was disappointed and felt bad. Why keeping her waiting if Dr E knows she is so busy and won't take her in? I personally felt betrayed because we have being engaging her since November last year, why waste her two weeks sitting doing nothing in Houston and accumulating accommodation bill. Now DW is closer to her EDD and had to start the process all over.

We started the process again, got another doctor (off course, more expensive because we don't have more time on our hands as DW is approaching week 35 already). We are also paying more for hospital, running some more test etc. This is actually killing, especially because we got dollar when it was above N500.

In summary, I guess Dr E has so many patients and very busy. I agree with that but I just felt bad that she should have informed us earlier. If you are using Dr E, please make sure you follow up on her and probably have an alternative ready.

Wishing you all success in this mission to give our kids OPTION in life.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Sophiamax16: 2:47am On Mar 25, 2017
Well, that is an irony for me. I came in and spent two weeks as well cos Methodist sugarland I had correspondence wit and Dr. N. Had increased Dis year. I Jus sent them a mail and they replied two days later . I called and dat day I was given an appointment all my medical papers and results were accepted . Truly she has a lot on her hands. Maybe wen I came she was less busy. She is truly busy. Sorry about that. . May God help you. I hope you are comfy wit ur New Dr.
olajay5:

We started engaging Dr E as far back as November 2016 with constant mail exchange. February this year, Dr E sent list of tests, confirm her appointment, send necessary letters and everything seems set and good-to-go. On DW's appointment date, DW got to Dr E's office but the appointment was rescheduled due to some system issue. The Dr kept my wife waiting for two weeks

Fast forward to her next appointment date, Dr E's office assistant called DW that the Dr is sorry and she will not be able to see her again (cos she is busy) and that DW should get another doctor (she actually gave DW some doctor's phone number). DW was disappointed and felt bad. Why keeping her waiting if Dr E knows she is so busy and won't take her in? I personally felt betrayed because we have being engaging her since November last year, why waste her two weeks sitting doing nothing in Houston and accumulating accommodation bill. Now DW is closer to her EDD and had to start the process all over.

We started the process again, got another doctor (off course, more expensive because we don't have more time on our hands as DW is approaching week 35 already). We are also paying more for hospital, running some more test etc. This is actually killing, especially because we got dollar when it was above N500.

In summary, I guess Dr E has so many patients and very busy. I agree with that but I just felt bad that she should have informed us earlier. If you are using Dr E, please make sure you follow up on her and probably have an alternative ready.

Wishing you all success in this mission to give our kids OPTION in life.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Flowers: 5:00am On Mar 25, 2017
olajay5:

I noticed she has increased her delivery fees to $2000 from $1800 and she now collects payment for ultrasound, lab tests and newborn care. She has so many patients now because she charged lesser than Dr. F before but this is an eye opener. Na to Shine person eyes make e no enter one chance. Make person no go do cent wise dollar foolish
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mrsc22: 8:54am On Mar 25, 2017
Hello Fam,
Greetings from Houston

In the spirit of giving back.....my POE experiences via Newyork (JFK)

CBP: Goodmorning (smiles)
Me: Goodmorning
CBP: Why are you here
Me: To have my baby
CBP: okay. What do u do
Me: bla bla
CBP: how will you make payment for your medical and who are you staying with.
Me: i have paid my doctor and made payment towards my accommodation and i also have cash and card with me. (Hands him doc recipts and accomodation)
CBP: Okay. Stamps me in
I doubt i spent up to 45secs with him.

Although my journey was long. It was all worth it. Settled now at a Fab accommodation by Soulcare.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MrsSugar: 9:34am On Mar 25, 2017
You just spoke my mind,in trying to give responses to inquiry some people become savages lol.Let's put ourselves in peoples shoes sometimes before responding and to the person receiving advise the ultimate decision still lies with you.No one here is a vo or cbp remember that
ojceskills:
It is really unfair when lots come here and advise people to give up and have their babies here in Nigeria...If he wanted to do that, he wont be seeking alternative advise...I remember same way the lady who lied about visiting relatives for 40 days and was denied was severally advised to just have her baby in Nigeria but lo..She finally went back and was truthful and got the visa...My point is he is aware he messed up and is now trying to make things right by suggesting a holiday trip before going for birthing why be such a wet blanket though

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by desoul: 11:02am On Mar 25, 2017
Deyonsesi:

No o, still here but ever ready to leave.
Thank you for the fast track.
God over everything
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ashedzi: 11:26am On Mar 25, 2017
grin grin grin grin Nef oooo, can't stop laughing @ u.

nefertitiram:

Heyyyyy!!!! You are back! shocked
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Colouredgirl: 3:53pm On Mar 25, 2017
TWoods:

That is actually very low. That is less than what most middle class families pay in insurance premiums per annum!
It all boils down to luck..my twins sister birthed with 3450..she wasn't even called for an interview..it was Dropbox and her visa was approved...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Colouredgirl: 3:58pm On Mar 25, 2017
ojceskills:
It is really unfair when lots come here and advise people to give up and have their babies here in Nigeria...If he wanted to do that, he wont be seeking alternative advise...I remember same way the lady who lied about visiting relatives for 40 days and was denied was severally advised to just have her baby in Nigeria but lo..She finally went back and was truthful and got the visa...My point is he is aware he messed up and is now trying to make things right by suggesting a holiday trip before going for birthing why be such a wet blanket though
Well said Mr

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Colouredgirl: 4:03pm On Mar 25, 2017
nefertitiram:

Is that why he is disturbing me and mentioning my name in every thread. Is it me that told him to go and lie?
How will I open naira land and see 15 mentions from a random stranger. In every thread. Isn't that cyberstalking?

He should give birth in Nigeria if it is my mouth he is looking for
Madam calm down...the fact that he mentioned you means he knows u have loads of info...you can either respond or not..don't be too uptight biko
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Colouredgirl: 4:09pm On Mar 25, 2017
freshdad:
good day, I need people's opinion. My wife would be travelling next week for childbirth purposes as stated during interview. the thing is we are changing the location we intended using based on recent increment by the hospital(houston to chicago). we already booked ticket for the flight to chicago as she would be landing at JFK first.

My question is can she say she has changed her destination of choice and say she is chicago bound knowing we used houston for the application. Thanks
It doesn't matter..I was going to Chicago and I entered thru houston
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by preshus17l: 5:54pm On Mar 25, 2017
Hello beautiful Mama's in the house,
Am New here though I have been going through the trend. Has anyone had an experience with Washington(IAD) POE. Though I have bought my ticket already planing to travel on Ethiopia Airline next month. Kindly advice if anyone had an experience.

This will highly be appreciated thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by adew1234: 6:09pm On Mar 25, 2017
Hello House.

I am filling my DS-160,i applied for B1,should my DH and son also apply for B1 since we plan travelling majorly for childbirth or should my DH and son apply for B2?

Any lead will be appreciated.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 6:25pm On Mar 25, 2017
adew1234:
Hello House.

I am filling my DS-160,i applied for B1,should my DH and son also apply for B1 since we plan travelling majorly for childbirth or should my DH and son apply for B2?

Any lead will be appreciated.
if you are going for childbirth y'all should apply for B2 which is medical
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 7:40pm On Mar 25, 2017
thanks
Colouredgirl:

It doesn't matter..I was going to Chicago and I entered thru houston
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 8:07pm On Mar 25, 2017
freshdad:
Please dont offended, passed by a thread and someone there was making it sound like it was an issue and i wanted another opinion, Better to be safe than sorry

I wasted my time. Dazzall
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by adew1234: 8:47pm On Mar 25, 2017
Thanks alot. I twisted the visa class.
mimibe:
if you are going for childbirth y'all should apply for B2 which is medical
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ddoy2003: 11:26pm On Mar 25, 2017
Mrsc22:
Hello Fam,
Greetings from Houston

In the spirit of giving back.....my POE experiences via Newyork (JFK)

CBP: Goodmorning (smiles)
Me: Goodmorning
CBP: Why are you here
Me: To have my baby
CBP: okay. What do u do
Me: bla bla
CBP: how will you make payment for your medical and who are you staying with.
Me: i have paid my doctor and made payment towards my accommodation and i also have cash and card with me. (Hands him doc recipts and accomodation)
CBP: Okay. Stamps me in
I doubt i spent up to 45secs with him.

Although my journey was long. It was all worth it. Settled now at a Fab accommodation by Soulcare.

congratulations. sis

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dwebb55: 12:56am On Mar 26, 2017
preshus17l:
Am New here though I have been going through the trend. Has anyone had an experience with Washington(IAD) POE. Though I have bought my ticket already planing to travel on Ethiopia Airline next month. Kindly advice if anyone had an experience.

IAD is okay. Go along with your correspondence and answer truthfully and you'll be okay. Try and book wheelchair to fast track movement if possible. My wife did just that and was able to get quick attention! Best of luck!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dwebb55: 1:03am On Mar 26, 2017
Colouredgirl:

Madam calm down...the fact that he mentioned you means he knows u have loads of info...you can either respond or not..don't be too uptight biko

I feel we're all different and going through different experiences. If Nerf felt slighted or annoyed at the stalking, she's completely within her rights to respond as she seems fit.

Let's remember that no one is a 'secretary' here oh.

There are also general questions which are asked time and again here but people don't like to take time to read. Abeg, Biko, let's read a bit before questions are fired!

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Swisstk: 2:10am On Mar 26, 2017
Someone kindly help out please.

How does one go about tax returns on items bought?

Is tax returns only done in the airport before departure or can it be done before heading to the airport?

How soon can one process it?

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by boldinc(m): 3:08am On Mar 26, 2017
IAD was pretty much stress free when my wife traveled. This was in 2015 tho... I haven't heard of anyone with issues going through IAD.

All the best!

preshus17l:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dwebb55: 11:18am On Mar 26, 2017
Swisstk:

Is tax returns only done in the airport before departure or can it be done before heading to the airport?

Thank you.

I think it can only be done at the airport. Try and get there early though as it can be quite a lengthy process.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by bbaby84(f): 1:54pm On Mar 26, 2017
Happy Mother's Day...

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mathsfall: 2:08pm On Mar 26, 2017
Please I urgent need accomodation in Atlanta... Can anyone help?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oppaxy: 5:19pm On Mar 26, 2017
Swisstk:

Thank you.

No idea here
please share an update of how's it done when u finally get to do it

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.