Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,846 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (309) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (978183 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by preshus17l: 2:19pm On Aug 24, 2017
Babatwi:

She said the hospital did not agree to negotiate payment plan, they only collected all her contact details and told her to payup as soon as possible. Though she has made some payments already.
She now wants to apply for her children because she travelled alone the last time.

Your friend will be fine in as much as she adheres strictly to the plan without default.she should also travels with the agreement and evidence to show that she is adhering to the plan eg bank statements.
I have a sister and a close friend that are both on a payment plan and are complying strictly with the plan.One has successfully renewed her visa via drop box,while the other one was invited to come for interview when she applied for drop box renewal and was denied due to a lie she told during her 1st us visa application some 10yrs ago,so this lie later came back to bite her in the a** this year, (an unnecessary lie she told 10yrs ago and had forgotten all about) #saythetruthalways.Her visa refusal totally had nothing to do with her payment plan and by the way she's still faithful to the payment plan till date.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ajobi21: 2:53pm On Aug 24, 2017
Is anyone here travelling to New jersey between September and November and will like to share accommodation. kindly reach out

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 3:55pm On Aug 24, 2017
Good day all this information might be helpful

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Pompoms(f): 4:18pm On Aug 24, 2017
I guess my previous comment was deleted . I'll rephrase.
I got just one email each from a doctor in Atl and another in Texas, stating their fees and hospital charges. Is this enough "correspondence" to show at the embassy?

Thank you, èveryone.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 5:00pm On Aug 24, 2017
chibertha:
Good day all this information might be helpful

These yeye banks should just park well jor, they should continue restriction on the Naira card o,they shouldn't lift it. Who beg them? My bank Access Bank does convention rate of #375 To $1 when you use the Naira card for dollar transactions ,while abokis recently have been selling between #365 - #370. So tell me of what advantage is the Naira card? Why won't i just open a domiciliary account and fund it from aboki and travel with the dom account card.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by peacenigeria: 5:01pm On Aug 24, 2017
Pompoms:
I got just one email each from a doctor in Atl and another in Texas, stating their fees and hospital charges. Is this enough "correspondence" to show at the embassy?

Thank you, èveryone.

This decision is based on the risk each individual patient is willing to take. If you are questioned by the Visa Officer or at your Port Of Entry regarding your doctor, it is not the same to have a standard "canned" email response that is sent to everybody, as to have a signed letter from a doctor who is confirming he/she is accepting you. Should an officer make a call to the physician's office to confirm, I would think you would want him to be able to confirm your name and your date of appointment. In the end, you may or may not be questioned with regards to the matter so basically it is a decision based on the risk you are willing to take both at the Embassy for your Visa and at your Port Of Entry.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 5:19pm On Aug 24, 2017
[quote author=preshus17l post=59784218][/quote]

@ preshus171

Your friends case is a peculiar one o,i haven't heard of that kind of arrangement before. Maybe someone else with this kind of experience can throw more light on it. But in the interim,Since the hospital didn't agree to a payment plan,I'm sure they did not give her any document where they wrote that she can go and payback soonest,so i guess a lot depends on her ability to convince the visa officer or cbp at poe that,that was what happened if the issue comes up. Again she should take with her evidence to prove that she has been paying. Good luck to her.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by inizo: 6:57pm On Aug 24, 2017
my fellow nairalander 2 years ago i was here and got all the inspiration from veteran @firstymum,@modath@favoredmom@nerf@justwise

This is y issue i have been begging for a quote fron HNWMC for a month now and no one seem interested to give it to me this is wrong.BE YOUR BROTHERS KEEPER
[/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
[url][/url]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ICANOFFICE: 7:04pm On Aug 24, 2017
Hello people. Please I need affordable hospital and doctor in New Jersey. The one's I am getting are not smiling at all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 7:56pm On Aug 24, 2017
Pompoms:

Thank you, èveryone.

What you have will be sufficient,so far it was sent to you by the doctor's and it has their contact where it can be verified from them that the email truly originated from them if the need arises.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by veegurl: 9:43pm On Aug 24, 2017
inizo:
my fellow nairalander 2 years ago i was here and got all the inspiration from veteran @firstymum,@modath@favoredmom@nerf@justwise

This is y issue i have been begging for a quote fron HNWMC for a month now and no one seem interested to give it to me this is wrong.BE YOUR BROTHERS KEEPER
[/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
[url][/url]
U contact the hospital via their website. Or better still google the hospital n get their number. Tht was how i did mine. Because if you should post it here, it would b deleted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Supernaturalone: 9:43pm On Aug 24, 2017
Oakbend

Pompoms:

Which hospital are you using, please?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Supernaturalone: 9:50pm On Aug 24, 2017
Search this thread. Lots of useful information here. Your location in Texas also matters.

Jannah7:
Hello house, I'm new here. Well done, and thanks to all who have shared their experience of childbirth in the US. please I need a good and cheap hospital info in Texas for my child birth.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Supernaturalone: 9:57pm On Aug 24, 2017
Many people have applied for visas to give birth without any specific medical condition. What the visa officer wants to see is that you have ties to Nigeria and you're capable of paying your bills. No point deviating from the truth if fibroid is not harmful. But I wonder why a Dr will agree to do that. In addition, has the US Dr examined her? Or on what basis is he corroborating a false statement. This may throw up unexpected issues for her. She should just go with the truth, have genuine documents in place, be confident, prepare well and hope for the best. There are lots of lessons to be learnt from the experiences of people here.

sleekender:
Good morning House,

My friend is in a little dilemma and I would need any one's guided opinion to help her out.

She is 19 weeks pregnant and would like to have her child in the US. She also intends to apply for a visa and declare she would be going for childbirth. However she has a little fibroid growth(not harmful to the baby) but she would like to depend on that as her major premise for having her baby in the US(better healthcare)

She intends to get a letter from her doctor in Nigeria stating that the fibroid may be harmful, as well as a correspondence from a doctor in the US corroborating her claims.

Please any advice to the contrary or should she go ahead?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debby516(f): 10:35pm On Aug 24, 2017
@jw, u ve deleted my post.
Supernaturalone:
Many people have applied for visas to give birth without any specific medical condition. What the visa officer wants to see is that you have ties to Nigeria and you're capable of paying your bills. No point deviating from the truth if fibroid is not harmful. But I wonder why a Dr will agree to do that. In addition, has the US Dr examined her? Or on what basis is he corroborating a false statement. This may throw up unexpected issues for her. She should just go with the truth, have genuine documents in place, be confident, prepare well and hope for the best. There are lots of lessons to be learnt from the experiences of people here.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Pompoms(f): 12:00am On Aug 25, 2017
peacenigeria:

This decision is based on the risk each individual patient is willing to take. If you are questioned by the Visa Officer or at your Port Of Entry regarding your doctor, it is not the same to have a standard "canned" email response that is sent to everybody, as to have a signed letter from a doctor who is confirming he/she is accepting you. Should an officer make a call to the physician's office to confirm, I would think you would want him to be able to confirm your name and your date of appointment. In the end, you may or may not be questioned with regards to the matter so basically it is a decision based on the risk you are willing to take both at the Embassy for your Visa and at your Port Of Entry.

Thank you for your candid advice.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Pompoms(f): 12:22am On Aug 25, 2017
peacenigeria:

Thank you very much.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Pompoms(f): 12:23am On Aug 25, 2017
Babatwi:

What you have will be sufficient,so far it was sent to you by the doctor's and it has their contact where it can be verified from them that the email truly originated from them if the need arises.

Thank you, Babatwi.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Pompoms(f): 12:31am On Aug 25, 2017
Supernaturalone:
Oakbend

Thank you so much.
What was the correspondence between you and the hospital/doctor like? Were you able to get a cover/personalized letter? Sorry for prodding.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by jordie: 1:54am On Aug 25, 2017
Good evening house,
Pls everyone in Texas try and listen to the news so as to be updated on the Hurricane coming. Keep safe and be watchful.
May God keep us all safe. All the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Supernaturalone: 8:04am On Aug 25, 2017
I don't know that every doctor will have the time to do a personalised letter for every enquiry. I guess that's why some of them ask for a prepayment that you forfeit, of you eventually do not show up. The email is addressed to you right? The attachment I got also has the Drs details but not mine; so it's a standard letter that I sent to all enquirers. Different Drs would have different formats so I won't lose sleep over that.

Pompoms:

Thank you so much.
What was the correspondence between you and the hospital/doctor like? Were you able to get a cover/personalized letter? Sorry for prodding.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by jelmusboy(m): 8:33am On Aug 25, 2017
Good day my people. I'm a father-to-be and I want my wife to deliver in the US, though 15 weeks now but I want to start the process immediately.

Can you PLEASE advise me on any cheap hospital in any part of US (not Alaska though).

Thanks and God bless you all
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Pompoms(f): 9:30am On Aug 25, 2017
Supernaturalone:
I don't know that every doctor will have the time to do a personalised letter for every enquiry. I guess that's why some of them ask for a prepayment that you forfeit, of you eventually do not show up. The email is addressed to you right? The attachment I got also has the Drs details but not mine; so it's a standard letter that I sent to all enquirers. Different Drs would have different formats so I won't lose sleep over that.

I wasn't even asked for a prepayment, which I would gladly have done. I was told registration and payment are on arrival.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Terminalia(f): 10:12am On Aug 25, 2017
Good day people,

Pls for those that traveled with palm oil, I heard one has to freeze it. Question is do one allow it to defrost before packing it with one's luggage or you pack the frozen palm oil like that? Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debby516(f): 10:24am On Aug 25, 2017
Pack the frozen bottle and maybe even put in a cooler bag.
Terminalia:
Good day people,

Pls for those that traveled with palm oil, I heard one has to freeze it. Question is do one allow it to defrost before packing it with one's luggage or you pack the frozen palm oil like that? Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Supernaturalone: 10:39am On Aug 25, 2017
Which is what I am doing too.

Pompoms:

I wasn't even asked for a prepayment, which I would gladly have done. I was told registration and payment are on arrival.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shirley013: 11:17am On Aug 25, 2017
Good morning all.
Please I need urgent help. I am trying to renew my visa. I completed my Ds 160 but wasn't able to upload my passport pics. I went to submit at the dhl office I was told I have to upload the passport. I can't retrieve application as it has already been submitted.
Please what do I do?

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.