Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (310) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (978015 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mizGene(f): 12:00pm On Aug 25, 2017
Hello everyone.

Please who has contacts for doctors at west houston medical centre? Also recommend if possible (professionalism/affordability)
I hv been trying to open their website for days now to no avail....

I would appreciate any info I can get.

P.S I already have the contact details for Drs La and Jeanie Huynh....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ogemele(m): 12:13pm On Aug 25, 2017
shirley013:
Good morning all.
Please I need urgent help. I am trying to renew my visa. I completed my Ds 160 but wasn't able to upload my passport pics. I went to submit at the dhl office I was told I have to upload the passport. I can't retrieve application as it has already been submitted.
Please what do I do?

Fill another DS 160 with your passport uploaded and submit then go and drop off at dhl

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Suzyt: 12:29pm On Aug 25, 2017
mizGene:
Hello everyone.

Please who has contacts for doctors at west houston medical centre? Also recommend if possible (professionalism/affordability)
I hv been trying to open their website for days now to no avail....

I would appreciate any info I can get.

P.S I already have the contact details for Drs La and Jeanie Huynh....

Thank you for this question. I have details for Dr Ezekiel of Oakbend but tbh, i am still shopping around and would really appreciate any information on WHMC. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Suzyt: 12:34pm On Aug 25, 2017
Hi, how are you keeping and how is the LO. Please I sent you an email. I would like to make some enquiries on your doctor and hospital. Thank you.
SleekFullah:
SO LONG A POST....
Hi guys, how are we all doing? In the spirit of giving back, here we go.....

So sometime in May this year, I applied for a B1/B2 visa, scheduled an appointment and went for my interview in Abuja. Below is what transpired between yours truly and the VO

Me hi good morning
VO good morning can I please have your passport... I hand passport over to her..
VO. So what are you going to do in Texas?
Me.. I'm going to have my baby.
VO... Do you have a hospital/doctL 0r?
Me... Yes... She goes on to ask me for the name of the hospital and doctor and how I heard about them.
Me.. A friend used the hospital and doctor and I also did my own extensive research via google and liked the reviews I read about the doctor.
VO... Do you have kids?
Me.. Yes
VO... How many of them and what are their ages?... I tell her
VO... Whose gonna take care of them while you're away?
Me.... My husband and younger sister.
VO... How much do you have?
Me... For the delivery or for the entire trip?
VO... For the entire trip
Me... Bleep dollars
VO... How much do you have in your account?
Me... Bleep amount in nairas.
VO... Have you travelled out of Nigeria before?
Me... Yap... Goes ahead to mention countries I have travelled to...
VO... What does your husband do?... I tell her...
VO... What company does he work for?... I tell her
VO... Where will you be staying?... Told her.
Types... Types... Types...
VO... Congratulations your visa has been granted... Proceeds to hand over the white form to me while advising me to be sure I don't accept medic aid and to pay all my bills and ensure I get all of my receipts and keep them intact. No documents were checked plus I noticed Abuja visa office ain't smiling anymore. About four people were denied right in front of me and their documents were not checked. Lesson I learnt? Ensure you fill out your forms yourself so that you can go ahead and answer confidently when asked random questions. And if you're not sure of a question when asked please be bold enough to ask for clarification.

So afterwards I went ahead to book my flight.... British Airways... Booked premium economy so as to have enough leg space... I must say BA was wow!!! I left naija first week of August through MMIA, had my fit to fly from my doctor... I wasn't sent to port health... All I was asked to do was make a photocopy of my fit to fly and I gave them a copy... Was checked in and I moved to the waiting area for my flight.... From Lagos to Heathrow I was sick on the plane... Threw up, was shivering, couldn't eat... Cabin crew was awesome! The manager asked that I should be transferred to business class!!! I kid you not! I was able to stretch well and slept throughout the flight... Woke up 30mins to touch down at Heathrow... I felt better and refreshed... Had a 4hour wait then took off to Houston.... Flight was cool... Cabin crew pampered me... Gave me extra of whatever I asked for (food/drink) Lol.. gave me a bottle of water to keep with me so I don't have to keep walking to and fro to ask for water. In all BA was awesome and I thank God.

We touched down in Houston at 2:15pm
local time... I had requested for wheel chair service and they were right there waiting at the door of the aircraft... Thank God I did cause I was wheeled straight to the front of the queue. Hmmmm my people!!! Can you believe that when I got to the CBP officer he asked me the exact same questions the VO in abuja asked me!!! Questions I was asked 3months ago oooo! Yes not every single question but majority of it... I answered him and we got gisting... He asked me if I knew why naija pregnant women were deported sometimes and I said yes... He asked me to tell him and I went ahead, he teased me about my husband not coming along with me and then he advised me to make sure I collect all of my receipts... He said they're not so interested in seeing letters stating bills have been paid.. That what they want to see are receipts... He stamped me in for six months, did not send me to agric even though I had foodstuffs which I listed on my landing card plus the amount of cash I had on me. I was wheeled to baggage claim, got my bags and off to my apartment which I got via soul care concierge.... So waiting for my baby to pop whilst doing some necessary things after settling down.... Lessons learnt... Be open, be straight forward, it isn't illegal to have your baby in the USA provided you can afford it and like I said please always endeavour to fill out your visa forms by yourself... You never know what questions you'd be asked! Sorry for the very long post... Didn't want to do a piece meal post. God bless you all, good luck to the mamas going for their visas, congratulations to those who have gotten theirs, safe flight to those preparing to join us here and welcome to those who are just arriving or who have just arrived.... Least I forget I'm using Dr La... WHMC... already had my first appointment with him and he's bae�

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by DBELLEs(f): 2:43pm On Aug 25, 2017
Thanks Dear.. Amen.

quote author=jordie post=59800966]Good evening house,
Pls everyone in Texas try and listen to the news so as to be updated on the Hurricane coming. Keep safe and be watchful.
May God keep us all safe. All the best. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MiddyO(f): 3:00pm On Aug 25, 2017
Teegal01:
Hello House,

Any Mum here who has used JPS and didn't have issues with visa renewal, I would like to hear from you.

Thank you in anticipation for your reply.

I used JPS and didn't have any issues with renewal.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by amanda0: 3:45pm On Aug 25, 2017
Fyorgyn:

Nah... it wasn't that cold. Some days were cold (not "winter" cold- a warm sweater should suffice), and some days were quite sunny.

Yes! It's now one day for VD. I did give birth 17hours later... however, it was still within the same day. In addition, the baby is usually "monitored" for 24hours... so I did not need to pay extra. I gave birth at about 6pm and was discharged the next day.

@Fyorgyn. Please do you have contact details for Dr M and accomodation info pls i Pmed you reply pls. Trying to get info on Cali birthing.
Please how was expwrience in the hospital and with the doc? Yes, I got a free stroller.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by amanda0: 3:55pm On Aug 25, 2017
mimimum:
shocked

@ Miarose
pls am interested in your doc contact and parkciew hospital in Cali I pmed you pls reply. Really need info on how to get doc contact and Ped details. Take care hope to hear from soon. Pls what was your experience like with your doc and the hospital.
Thanks for assisting .
Bless you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by amanda0: 4:01pm On Aug 25, 2017
Miarose:
Well, I just came back yesterday from California with my baby,normal delivery.
The city I stayed in is riverside. The cost breakdown is below;
Doctor fee is 2000$. Fee is same for either normal delivery or cs.
Hospital fee is 1650$ for a day stay for normal delivery. Cs is 4400 for 3 day stay. Extra $500 comes in for extra baby ( twins).
Epidural is 550.
Induction is 300.
Hospital is parkview community hospital riverside. The other hospital riverside community hospital has the same rate too for cash payment.
I spent a total of 3950$ for giving birth there.
The ped I used cost me only 100$. Visit to the hospital to discharge baby is free. The 100$ comes when you visit his office on baby first appointment.
Hepatitis b vaccine is 35$ with him.

Riverside county is about 1 hr from LA. You will have to make more enquiries on the cost of accommodation and transportation. I stayed with a relative so didn't spend on those two.

@mirose thanks for sharing this info . Pls am interested in using same doc and hospital can you assist with contact info for doc and Led doc I pmed you pls reply. Pls how was your experience with hospital and doc? Many thanks for your reply

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Teegal01(f): 4:10pm On Aug 25, 2017
MiddyO:

I used JPS and didn't have any issues with renewal.

Thanks for the reply. God Bless you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shirley013: 5:01pm On Aug 25, 2017
ogemele:

Fill another DS 160 with your passport uploaded and submit then go and drop off at dhl

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by iykmon: 5:25pm On Aug 25, 2017
Please has any body tried entering the US and give reason like going to have IVF done and was granted? I mean both during first interview at the embassy and at POE.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Pemisire4ever: 5:55pm On Aug 25, 2017
Please good people here, I sincerely need your candid advice..... MIL visa would expire by December, 2017. I would like to know if she can still travel on the visa next month(September) or she need to apply for renewal since the visa would expire in less than 6months? Our son was stamped in on his Blue passport for 30days(voa) I would like to know if he should over stayed the 30days without obtaining naija passport, will that pose any problem at the airport when he want to travel back to the States? Thanks to you all.

NB: our son just want to stay 40days before he return back to the States.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by customised87: 7:11pm On Aug 25, 2017
Pemisire4ever:
Please good people here, I sincerely need your candid advice..... MIL visa would expire by December, 2017. I would like to know if she can still travel on the visa next month(September) or she need to apply for renewal since the visa would expire in less than 6months? Our son was stamped in on his Blue passport for 30days(voa) I would like to know if he should over stayed the 30days without obtaining naija passport, will that pose any problem at the airport when he want to travel back to the States? Thanks to you all.

Yes, your MIL can travel with it in September without renewing. I can't say about the VOA, I have no idea
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Senatornuella: 7:45pm On Aug 25, 2017
Please can anyone who have used Dr. Funsho Fagbohun of oakbend or Dr. Nwanyieze Amajoh of southwest methodist share their experience. Making sure I make a right choice of the doctor to settle for.

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Pompoms(f): 8:57pm On Aug 25, 2017
Supernaturalone:
Which is what I am doing too.

Thank you so much.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Supernaturalone: 9:33pm On Aug 25, 2017
Please can you share the cost estimate you received for Houston Methodist? I have contacted Dr F too and may likely use him.

Senatornuella:
Please can anyone who have used Dr. Funsho Fagbohun of oakbend or Dr. Nwanyieze Amajoh of southwest methodist share their experience. Making sure I make a right choice of the doctor to settle for.

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 9:43pm On Aug 25, 2017
Pemisire4ever:

Your MIL is good to go,in as much as her visa has not expired when she is entering the Us,what matters the most is the number of days she is stamped in at poe.
As for your son,i will advice you get him a Naija passport as soon as you enter Naija,if he overstays his visa,he'll definitely have issues with immigration when leaving Naija. I'll sincerely advice you not to try it

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by just2testify: 9:54pm On Aug 25, 2017
HELLO HOUSE,
am simply here to testify about how God helped me obtain my US visa again after i lost my credibility with the us embassy people and tot i would never have any Baby in the US again,but i trusted God with the whole process and HE reminded again why HE IS JEHOVAH THE RULE CHANGER!!! JEHOVAH THE PROTOCOL BREAKER!!! i hope this story helps someone with similar issues to trust in GOD

So my story goes like this,In 2014 me and my husband decided to have my 2nd daughter in the US even though we were totally clueless about the procedure(cost wasn't the problem wink)which was the same reason we had our 1st in Nigeria and unfortunately then i didnt know about nairaland(GOD bless this forum). so in june 2014 i was 4month pregnant and went for my 1st us visa interview alone with my 1year old daughter because my husband had a valid visa at that time,they asked my purpose for traveling i said vacation,they asked if i was pregnant i said NO!!(my first lie to them) so they granted me and my daughter our visas,very excited we went home and started planing for our trip,still completely clueless i dint have a doctor or hospital or even accommodation documents i just had GOD .
September 2014 i was about 7months pregnant and left for the US,got to Houston with my Husband and child,at the POE,they only asked my husband our purpose for the trip,he said vacation,no further questioning our passports were stamped and we got into the US asked around and GOD showed his favor and brought strangers to help us,we got accommodation first,then doctor,Dr Daisy Ayim(complete waste of $3500 ohh,that was her doctors fee and she couldn't even show up when i went into labor,mtscheeewwwmm)and hospital WHMC.Everything went well,Baby Girl was healthy cleared all my bills,and left the US in December 2014,mission accomplished!!!

NOW,January this year took in Baby no 3,thinking i had clear records with the us embassy oohh,we applied again as a family this time using drop box in April this year,we were denied and asked to come for interview we went by then i was 4months pregnant again,my husband insisted i conceal it.they asked purpose of traveling we said vacation again,if i was pregnant i said NO again(2nd lie oohh) and the VO said but in 2014 i lied about my pregnancy and then went ahead to have my baby,i was dumbfounded asked if i paid my bills i said yes and was trying to give her receipts she wasn't even interested,she just said we have been denied because of LACK OF CREDIBILITY!!! i wan mad,i say Ehhnnn!! and i just lied the same pattern of lie again,dat means no more US baby again.
I left the Embassy in Abuja frustrated thinking it was the end,went home and tried doing some research about withholding pregnancy information from the VO,that was when i ran into nairaland,read hundreds of story about childbirth in the US,i was shocked that u can actually apply for medical visa(B2),and how when u conceal and then have your baby you may not b given visa again or receive a ban,affect family members and so on...i put my hands in my head and said what have i done,i have lied twice.

Tried enlisting the help of professional travel agents,they all told me to try Canada,that if i go again to US embassy and now say i want to go have my baby after i just lied again the 2nd time they would BAN me,i should just 4get it.Almost believed,but then again the Holy Spirit reminded me that when JESUS SAYS YES NOBODY CAN SAY NO,not even the most difficult VO in naija,and with the help of my ever positive husband and best friend i made up my mind to go again 3months later July this year,i applied personally for medical visa filled my form myself and got interviewed this month and was granted even when the VO asked why i lied 2x,but GOD pass them!!! they dint check bank statement or any other documents...only correspondence from US and Nigeria Doctors,and receipts from my previous birth in the US

i prayed seriously to God to show me his Mercy and Favor,and HE did. i prayed the PRAYERS WHEN INTENDING TO APPLY FOR A VISA in my Our Daily Manna booklet everyday,i prayed seriously to GOD to change the rules for my sake,and break every protocol for my sake.I pleaded the BLOOD OF THE LAMB to overcome mistakes i have ignorantly made in the past with the US embassy,i told GOD to make a way for me where there seem to b noway,the same way HE made a way for Moses and the Israelite when they got to the Red Sea and there was no way and he parted A RED SEA into two for them to pass,I prayed and trusted GOD and HE did it and answered my prayers...

So am taking my time to do this write up incase there is any Preggy mama who has ignorantly or intentionally made same mistake with me by withholding pregnancy information initially and now cant access a US visa,there is NOTHING that my GOD cannot do,just trust in HIM.
i read a story here in NAIRALAND about how a lady got to the US with a vacation visa and they refused her entry and told her they would send her back,she entered the restroom placed her hands on the ground and prayed for GOD HELP and by the time she came out,they changed their mind and let her through.that story encouraged me to pray harder and trust GOD in this process,the devil would look for different ways to frustrate you,trust and depend on GOD and he would see you through always!!!

THANKS AND STAY BLESSED

15 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by just2testify: 10:04pm On Aug 25, 2017
Please i need accommodation in Houston any help,i intend to travel september...please any info would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS AND GOD BLESS
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Enishit: 10:29pm On Aug 25, 2017
shirley013:
Good morning all.
Please I need urgent help. I am trying to renew my visa. I completed my Ds 160 but wasn't able to upload my passport pics. I went to submit at the dhl office I was told I have to upload the passport. I can't retrieve application as it has already been submitted.
Please what do I do?
Hello dear same thing happen to my self and my family I dint go there to submit I sent someone and the DhL guy told him we need to upload our passport. But then the DHL guy did it for us
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Pompoms(f): 12:21am On Aug 26, 2017
N'landers, I greet you all.
Does your 'host' have to be family or a close relative?
Or is it okay to mention that one is staying with a family friend? I checked airbnb. The cost of accomodation I got for Atl is not beans.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by customised87: 2:02am On Aug 26, 2017
Pompoms:
Or is it okay to mention that one is staying with a family friend? I checked airbnb. The cost of accomodation I got for Atl is not beans.

Yes,you can say you will be staying with a family friend. Just make sure you know the person's history and background well so as to defend yourself.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by customised87: 2:03am On Aug 26, 2017
Mamas in Houston, I hope y'all are safe, I heard about the hurricane.
May God protect us all o.
Be safe!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 4:45am On Aug 26, 2017
Hello everyone!please o! A friend has an outstanding bill at the hosp she gave birth,she paid 3426$ instead of 3600 since last year,she intends paying up but the prob is ,if she will be allowed to at d POE,she said the hospital sent an email that the 75%discount as been reverted that she must pay up the 21k! she still have a valid visa dat expires in October and want to do a short trip of 2wks! Will she be let in? She also has d option of going to cancun in mexico den cross d boarder to the us and goto the hospital and see how to sort it out! She asked smone to pay when she left and the person didnt pay! God bless us all
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 7:45am On Aug 26, 2017
Pompoms:

Your host can be anybody ( friend,close relative,distant relative etc) The important thing is be sure of their US status & have their details(address and phone number) at your finger tip

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.