Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,985 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (336) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (975483 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nwebele: 4:51pm On Sep 19, 2017
Ramj:

@Nwebele LagosNIV would never comment on chances i am sure of that. They would only always make you undsrstand the consequences and that you can take your chance.

In all honesty overstayong your allowed duration always comes with some not soo nice consequences. Coupled with the fact that you came in for visiting and then ended up having your baby.

However since you paid your bills which is always good. It is now about been able to convince the VO and explaining why you overstayed. Like yoy had complications and the likes. The hopefully he/she might be emphathetic enough.

As to chances only God knows that for sure. But whenever you go for the interview have all your documents and possible letter fdom the doctor that you had complications.

Also i advice you avoid drop box so you have a chance to explain yourself.
THEN PRAY PRAY PRAY
This is my own opinion. Goodluck

Hmmmmn, really scary but what can I do. Thanks Ramj for always offering advice. I appreciate

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chinemeze17: 5:38pm On Sep 19, 2017
Jessmama:
@fatima04. I intend using a hospital in Austin too. Bn doin sm slight research tho. we can continue together. sent you a mail.
Please were you able to find any good doctor or hospital in Austin Texas, I've been calling and sending emails but no good responses please help
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oppaxy: 6:33pm On Sep 19, 2017
cutelass:
Please has anyone booked their ticket through wakanow.com? Did you encounter difficulty adding infant ticket on return?

You shouldn't have a problem adding an infant. Call the airline directly then.... thats what I did
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Supernaturalone: 7:13pm On Sep 19, 2017
If you plan to travel together then you might as well apply together. If not, he can apply after you've got your visa and before the birth of your child.

kazchick:

Thanks I would go with my office bank statement. I heard that I have to show that the funds to cover all the expenses should be in my account, that was why I was thinking of moving the sum to my salary account but I think I would move the funds to my other bank accounts as well as create a fixed deposit in my name. Is it also compulsory for my partner to go with me to the interview considering the fact that we are not married.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 7:16pm On Sep 19, 2017
Ramj:

@Nwebele LagosNIV would never comment on chances i am sure of that. They would only always make you undsrstand the consequences and that you can take your chance.

In all honesty overstayong your allowed duration always comes with some not soo nice consequences. Coupled with the fact that you came in for visiting and then ended up having your baby.

However since you paid your bills which is always good. It is now about been able to convince the VO and explaining why you overstayed. Like yoy had complications and the likes. The hopefully he/she might be emphathetic enough.

As to chances only God knows that for sure. But whenever you go for the interview have all your documents and possible letter fdom the doctor that you had complications.

Also i advice you avoid drop box so you have a chance to explain yourself.
THEN PRAY PRAY PRAY
This is my own opinion. Goodluck

There is no point telling her to pray. Prayer is not a substitute for good moral character neither is God supportive of lying, fraud and disobeying clear instructions.

New rules from the US state department will make it near impossible for her to renew her visa...

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/09/18/us/politics/us-visa-rules-tillerson.html?mcubz=1&referer=http://www.trackitt.com/usa-discussion-forums/i140/1781847065/state-department-tightens-rules-for-visas-to/page/last_page

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mamatukwas: 7:38pm On Sep 19, 2017
Ramj:
quote author=Mamatukwas post=60614200]Dear El-Paso Fam... pls I have a few questions.

1 Yes its cheaper to break your fllight. southwest.com (SoithWest airlline)is a good one for local flights plus 2 free 20kg bags.

2. 200-300k to el paaso. mheen thats a no no. But nothing is impossible. If u want el paso direct budget 600k and above.
better fly houston or jfk and flly local to el-paso

3. No idea but i am sure you would get but daay cares can be pricey. Peopplw leave their kids with other mamas if uhave them aroud.

@Ramj many thanks. Il start look into flights... I hate the idea of using local because of the stress of collecting bags and checking in again with 2 toddlers and a baby. It is well!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ramj: 10:31pm On Sep 19, 2017
TWoods:

There is no point telling her to pray. Prayer is not a substitute for good moral character neither is God supportive of lying, fraud and disobeying clear instructions.

New rules from the US state department will make it near impossible for her to renew her visa...

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/09/18/us/politics/us-visa-rules-tillerson.html? mcubz=1&referer=http://www.trackitt.com/usa-discussion-forums/i140/1781847065/state-department-tightens-rules-for-visas-to/page/last_page

@TWoods i kuku agree and understand your point.
But alas we still gotta pray nonetheless you know. However we need to be more proactive by seeking FTR - First Time Rise thats the way to move our Naija forward and make Nigeria great again. Fuelling our prayers with strenght of good virtues
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by boladan(f): 1:06am On Sep 20, 2017
debby516:
Hello house,

Thanks alot for the numerous nd unquantifiable experiences shared on this platform.

I stayed at Richmond nd my apatyment was nt far to Oakbend. I took a tour of both methodist nd oakbend b4 i setrled for oakbend. Used dr. Z, by the way Oakbend staff are soo lovely nd Dr. Z is a wonderful doc, even though he didnt take my delivery, i enjoyed all my doc visits wit other mamas nd d weekly visits to d kroger store closeby.

So to the bills:

Oakbend 2500
NICS 416. Stayed in d hosp for 2 nights nd 3 days. NICS counted 3 days.
I got to d hosp on sat 11pm nd had baby at 2am sunday morning. Left d hosp on tues 7pm
Brown&associates (lab) mother nd baby 126.25, was discounted to $75.75
Birth cert - $23. Picked it up at d countu office after 4days
Blue passport - i got 2 money orders of $160.66 and $27. Passport office at d courthouse in Richmond. Got d passport in d mail box in 6 working days.
Naija passport in atlanta thru an agent $205. Got it 2 days after
Baby's ticket on emirate $91
No hearing test

Hosp, NICS and brown nd associates were paid over d fone with my american bank debit card.

I advise u open an acc wen u re there, made life easier for me.

I had excess luggage - paid $50 on one ghana must go bag dat weighed up to 32kg.

Enjoyed emirates flight nd d hotel accomodation

No questions/checking from Naija immigration nd customs.

So my missionary journey is officially over till 2018 by God's grace.

Gracias!
Hello debby516, please kindly send your accommodation info to ayindeomobola@gmail.com. Thanks and God bless.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 2:51am On Sep 20, 2017
Nwebele:

LagosNIV,

Please what are my chances of visa renewal if I overstayed my allowed period of stay by a month in my last travel. I went on my second travel to deliver. My bump was not noticed and I said i was on vacation (this was all ignorantly as I got the impression that the CPB just hate to see Nigerian pregnant women for no reason and I was advised to wear a big boubou that conceals tummy) so I was given 3 months by the CBP. I begged the hospital to deliver me through CS so that I would leave on time but they refused saying baby comes when he is ready. I was delivered at 42 weeks. When my husband joined me, the CBP asked him why he is returning so soon and he said his wife just delivered. He (CBP) said oh, congrats. Just tell her to pay up all her bills otherwise she would not be allowed entry next time.

I really didnt think about the implication of the overstay then. Until now that I came accross NL and learnt many ideas. Am wondering if it will affect me. Also, I just checked my passports and noticed that b2 was circled on our entry stamps and exit. Nothing was circled in our first visit stamp. Am wondering what that implies, too. Please I need some clarity to prepare myself for interview

Sigh... i doubt CBP hates to see Nigerian pregnant women, but i'm positive they thoroughly dislike people who try to fraudulently beat the system as you have done... thank you very much for making it that much harder for the next woman.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by goobyparks(f): 5:55am On Sep 20, 2017
iphiechuks:
Dear nairalander, entered US via Houston on d 7th sept using Turkish though my final destination was Dallas. Travelled with my son.

My script
POE: passport pls
Me: Handed them
POE: who has d blue passport
Me: my son (pointing at him on d stroller)
Poe: are u a green card holder?
Me: No, I am on a visa
Poe: so u had him here
Me: yes, 2 years ago
Poe: and why are u here?
Me: to have another baby
Poe: your four fingers pls and what do u do
Me: I work with a mortgage bank as the head of operations
Poe: okay. He beckoned on a uniformed man and I was taken to secondary inspection
I waited for 1hr 30min and have connecting flight to Dallas before I was called
Meanwhile my son was singing rain rain go away and other nursery rythm remix for them while time dey go

Inspection: why are u here.
Me: to have a baby
Crp: did u pay for your first baby's bill?
Me: yes
Crp: can I see d receipts?
Me: yes n gave her
Crp: how much do have?
Me: 9486 dollars
Crp: where will u stay
Me: with family friend in Dallas
Crp: not relative? Do u have a relative here?
Me: no family friend, I don't have any relative here
Crp: is your husband coming?
Me: yes in 2 wks
Crp: wat does your husband do?
Me: Banker
Crp: have you benefited from your son's birth in d US
Me: wat benefit pls
Crp: like getting free food, bla bla bla
Me: No
Crp: okay, give me some minutes

I heard her summarizing to her boss or so when he came. She was like She was here 2 years ago to have her baby, from d record paid all her bills, she is here to have another baby, she has enough cash and has made adequate arrangement on where to stay. The oga responded pls let her go.
She called me again and told me to pls pay all my bills same way I did for d first. I responded okay, stamped me in for b2 till march next year.

Claimed my luggages n went for my connecting flight, dey told me dat dey will reschedule me for next day cos I will not meet up and asked if was detained in custom, told them dat I went for secondary inspection and had already handed my luggages to be checked in for d connecting flight. She said dat she will try since I have already transferred my luggages but if it dint work, I shld return to leave next day. While still passing security check I heard them calling my name dat I shld come on board if I am around and I told d security person dat dats my name. She quickly helped me with my hand carry and I strolled my son pass.

I only missed my baby car seat cos I dint see it at luggage claim section will call them later

As for my food stuff, nothing was seized except oil way dey carry for Abj airport dat they won't let it go.
Egusi
Ogbono
Powdered bean
Normal bean
Stock fish
Dried fish
Pepper soup ingrient
Knor
Indomie
Coconut oil
Frozen pap
Peak 123. I saw a note dat one of my bags was open for security check. Nothing taken out.

Pls was your pap still frozen when u got to the States? If yes how did u do it? I'm thinking of drying mine bt dnt know how possible dat' ll b shaa
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mel403: 11:08am On Sep 20, 2017
Good day my E family, I've been a silent reader in this forum for some months now I will appreciate if my few questions are answered. Thanks in anticipation.
1) I need an example of a budget sheet, is the budget sheet sent by the hospital or I need to construct mine?
2) any hospital in newyork with low birthing price <$3000
3) Do we go with my Hubby's bank statement for interview as I read in most of the previous pages that no document was demanded during some peoples interview except for doctors correspondence.
4)Do I need to pay any hospital fee before the interview.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 12:27pm On Sep 20, 2017
Mel403:
Good day my E family, I've been a silent reader in this forum for some months now I will appreciate if my few questions are answered. Thanks in anticipation.
1) I need an example of a budget sheet, is the budget sheet sent by the hospital or I need to construct mine?
2) any hospital in newyork with low birthing price <$3000
3) Do we go with my Hubby's bank statement for interview as I read in most of the previous pages that no document was demanded during some peoples interview except for doctors correspondence.
4)Do I need to pay any hospital fee before the interview.

Type budget sheet on the search space above and limit it to travel section,you'll find a sample of budget the sheet. No you have to do yours,according to your budget
If your hubby is your sponsor,then you have to go with his bank statement.
It's not compulsory you pay any hospital fee before the interview
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nwebele: 2:30pm On Sep 20, 2017
TWoods:

Sigh... i doubt CBP hates to see Nigerian pregnant women, but i'm positive they thoroughly dislike people who try to fraudulently beat the system as you have done... thank you very much for making it that much harder for the next woman.

I would rather not take your chatisement and insinuations serious because I came here to learn but calling me a fraudster? Oh please! I paid over 25k USD for the services with a zero balance receipt. What did I benefit from them? Why a fraud? I told you it was in absolute ignorance and that was not 3 months after my visa, fyi. I got my visa in 2010 November and visited for childbirth in 2012. That was my second visit and i developed complications which i didnt want to discuss publicly. I know you may be trying to help but please try to tone down on your reaction. Its not the end of the world if I dont get a US visa. And I havent made it harder for others as thousands of others have been visiting after me. I believe VOs are trained to evaluate individuals differently. Besides, I could have had a genuine reason for changing my mind and may not have been guilty of 'wilful misrepresentation', but then again, as evident from your evaluation, judgment and or assessment, it may be pointless trying to use it as an excuse (i actually edited my post).

For those who advised me objectively, thanks and remain blessed. I wish Nigeria will be better and we wouldnt have to be scrutinized for visa like many other countries who travel visa free

18 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by amandasmom: 2:40pm On Sep 20, 2017
Good afternoon house, please is anyone in Chicago and willing to share accommodation? Or leaving for Chicago next week or around next week and willing to share accommodation? Please contact me so we can plan together. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 20, 2017
debby516:
Hello .

Blue passport - i got 2 money orders of $160.66 and $27. Passport office at d courthouse in Richmond. Got d passport in d mail box in 6 working days.
Naija passport in atlanta thru an agent $205. Got it 2 days after
Baby's ticket on emirate $91
for

So my missionary journey is officially over till 2018 by God's grace.

Gracias!
Debby abeg ..i go need that Atlanta Agent contact. Make i PM u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ashabby: 7:46pm On Sep 20, 2017
Hi everyone,

So I arrived New York on a B1/B2 Visa on Virgin Atlantic airways on Monday about 11 pm

POE was extremely good
Wasn't sent to agric though I declared food.

First missionary journey, first time in the US.

Thank God

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Unfelt: 8:13pm On Sep 20, 2017
Thank God for a smooth POE!! Please kindly share your transcript/ experience...it might help someone,Thanks

ashabby:
Hi everyone,

So I arrived New York on a B1/B2 Visa on Virgin Atlantic airways on Monday about 11 pm

POE was extremely good
Wasn't sent to agric though I declared food.

First missionary journey, first time in the US.

Thank God
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kokorita: 8:24pm On Sep 20, 2017
Dear house,
Please wanna find out urgently where and when do I get fit to fly documentation from Qatar airlines. Pls as any one here used Qatar airline layover service I.e hotel and food. Thanks house.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ashabby: 9:42pm On Sep 20, 2017
I think you get fit to fly from your hospital not the airline.
But also check to be sure the requirements on Qatar website.

kokorita:
Dear house,
Please wanna find out urgently where and when do I get fit to fly documentation from Qatar airlines. Pls as any one here used Qatar airline layover service I.e hotel and food. Thanks house.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Suzyt: 10:31pm On Sep 20, 2017
kokorita:
Dear house,

They are good. When are you traveling? And how many weeks will you be? This will help in answering your questions and advising whether to go for a simple fit to fly or add a medif as well.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kokorita: 3:55am On Sep 21, 2017
Thanks a lot ashabby. Realy appreciate ur response. grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kokorita: 4:00am On Sep 21, 2017
Thanks a lot suzyt,
Really do appreciate. Pls wanna find out if they give hotel for going and coming back. Wakanow gave me a hotel voucher but wanna find out, my layover is 8 hours. While coming back is 14 or so. Also will be 30 weeks when I go. Please what do you advise with the fit to fly. Thanks cool cool

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by aremso(m): 6:46am On Sep 21, 2017
Supernaturalone:
I didn't say it has to be a current account. Most people would have a current account anyway; any other accounts should be included.

Hello Super,

can i apply along with my wife? she will be going for birthing why i go for visiting though she has been denied b4 trice on the same birthing when we were expecting our first born but we want to try again, she wanted us to go to the embassy together this time around. She was denied even with all burden of proofs she went to the embassy with Please kindly enlighten us as we are JJC and we want to try again.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by borryworld: 7:20am On Sep 21, 2017
aremso:

Hello Super,

can i apply along with my wife? she will be going for birthing why i go for visiting though she has been denied b4 trice on the same birthing when we were expecting our first born but we want to try again, she wanted us to go to the embassy together this time around. She was denied even with all burden of proofs she went to the embassy with Please kindly enlighten us as we are JJC and we want to try again.
You are not a JJC jor. Three times no be waza ba.

Review your past applications very well with a plain mind. The mind you carry to church Ni o. Then read this thread and note peeps with similar challenge(s) and how they over come it. U will know wether to go with your wife, she go alone or abandon the plan totally. Validation or invalidation

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by aremso(m): 9:21am On Sep 21, 2017
borryworld:
You are not a JJC jor. Three times no be waza ba.

Review your past applications very well with a plain mind. The mind you carry to church Ni o. Then read this thread and note peeps with similar challenge(s) and how they over come it. U will know wether to go with your wife, she go alone or abandon the plan totally. Validation or invalidation

Many Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Aprilborn: 10:17am On Sep 21, 2017
Good day everyone, please I need clarification on an issue I have, I had a US visiting visa in 2012 used it twice, renewed and still used it once then decided to use it for delivery in 2015(didn't know it was legal to have my baby then) so I travelled and was sent back when they found out I was preg at poe(tho I argued with them I wasn't going to have my baby just visit and leave, becos I was just abt 28 weeks then). Now I want to reapply tho im not preg now, I want to travel in nov for a wedding after which I would like to use it next year for childbirth, my qst is should I apply for a medical visa even tho im not preg now or just visiting visa and consequently go ahead with my decision for childbirth next year as I plan to take in end of the year? Also incase im asked at the interview why I didn't let them know I was preg, shld I still stick to my argument at the poe that I wasn't going to have a baby just visit.
Thank you in advance for your answers.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debby516(f): 11:07am On Sep 21, 2017
From your earlier post, it appears you said this happened to your sister and had been resolved with a lawyer writing on their/your behalf. Follow what the resolution was.

If you know you are truly for childbirth, forget this your wedding stuffs and dont show up at the POE with a 2 weeks return ticket if your pregnancy is already showing to avoid your previous encounter. Prepare for your interview, apply for B2 visa, get your doctors' correspondence. In the DS-160, explain why you were returned at the POE in the best possible way, use the doctor's contact as your contact details in the US, if possible, make some deposit to the doctor, avoid chicago this time and hope the pendulum swings in your favour.
Aprilborn:
Good day everyone, please I need clarification on an issue I have, I had a US visiting visa in 2012 used it twice, renewed and still used it once then decided to use it for delivery in 2015(didn't know it was legal to have my baby then) so I travelled and was sent back when they found out I was preg at poe(tho I argued with them I wasn't going to have my baby just visit and leave, becos I was just abt 28 weeks then). Now I want to reapply tho im not preg now, I want to travel in nov for a wedding after which I would like to use it next year for childbirth, my qst is should I apply for a medical visa even tho im not preg now or just visiting visa and consequently go ahead with my decision for childbirth next year as I plan to take in end of the year? Also incase im asked at the interview why I didn't let them know I was preg, shld I still stick to my argument at the poe that I wasn't going to have a baby just visit.
Thank you in advance for your answers.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debby516(f): 11:08am On Sep 21, 2017
Responded.
Uniquezuri:

Debby abeg ..i go need that Atlanta Agent contact. Make i PM u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debby516(f): 11:09am On Sep 21, 2017
Put teh frozen pap in a cooler bag before you put it in your check in luggage.
goobyparks:

Pls was your pap still frozen when u got to the States? If yes how did u do it? I'm thinking of drying mine bt dnt know how possible dat' ll b shaa

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.