Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,972 members, 7,810,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (407) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (975670 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by QSola: 12:51pm On Dec 12, 2017
Hi guys, please can I take kilishi along with me. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Omodadi2: 1:12pm On Dec 12, 2017
kennyliza:

In the spirit of giving back to my Nairalanders, my visa has been granted ooooo..Help me Thank God, my people.
I went for another interview last week and was asked the same question-
- Why Us ? Told d VO for dual citizenship opportunity for my child
It is good to be truthful and be honest with them.

@drI, @adedoyin2108, @ ugoguchy , thanks for your response and word of encouragement.

Wishing all prospective visa seekers all d best.

Merry Xmas in Advance to you all.

Congratulations!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by JDQueen: 1:43pm On Dec 12, 2017
Hello all, so am currently in the United States for my second missionary Journey.
I reapplied this year September via dropbox choosing same visa category as my first visa B2.
I flew Turkish Airline on the 10th of December to JfK. I requested for wheelchair for the JFK segment.

Me: Hello
CBP: Hello, what are you hear for?
Me: Am here to have my baby : second Baby
CBP: How much cash are you here with?
Me: $6010, I have more in my Debit cards.
CBP: Are you sure you have enough to cover your expenses.
Me: Of cos yes, that was why I told you I have more funds in my cards.
CBP: How long are you staying?
Me: 9weeks.
CBP: Do you plan leaving anything behind in the states when leaving?
Me: No
CBP: Do you have food stuff.
Me: Indomine noodles onion flavor and Beans.
CBP: Stamps me till June (6month) Enjoy your stay.
Me: Thank you.

Was wheeled off, got my bags and left.
Joining my flight to Elpaso today.

Safe journey and Delivery to everyone of us.

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Omodadi2: 2:19pm On Dec 12, 2017
JDQueen:
Hello all, so am currently in the United States for my second missionary Journey.
I reapplied this year September via dropbox choosing same visa category as my first visa B2.
I flew Turkish Airline on the 10th of December to JfK. I requested for wheelchair for the JFK segment.

Me: Hello
CBP: Hello, what are you hear for?
Me: Am here to have my baby : second Baby
CBP: How much cash are you here with?
Me: $6010, I have more in my Debit cards.
CBP: Are you sure you have enough to cover your expenses.
Me: Of cos yes, that was why I told you I have more funds in my cards.
CBP: How long are you staying?
Me: 9weeks.
CBP: Do you plan leaving anything behind in the states when leaving?
Me: No
CBP: Do you have food stuff.
Me: Indomine noodles onion flavor and Beans.
CBP: Stamps me till June (6month) Enjoy your stay.
Me: Thank you.

Was wheeled off, got my bags and left.
Joining my flight to Elpaso today.

Safe journey and Delivery to everyone of us.

Wish you safe delivery. Pls is there an option for just B2 when completing the DS 160 form? i only see B1B2 pop up.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by JDQueen: 2:32pm On Dec 12, 2017
Omodadi2:

Wish you safe delivery. Pls is there an option for just B2 when completing the DS 160 form? i only see B1B2 pop up.

Thank you ma.

Yes ma. You can narrow it down to B2.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nalinisingh(f): 3:15pm On Dec 12, 2017
Omodadi2:

Yes. There’s a page that makes you select either B2 or B1

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by izaga3(m): 3:57pm On Dec 12, 2017
Good day house. So this happened today.

VO: why are u going to Georgia ?
Me: To have our baby
VO: where do you work?
Me: I run a hotel owned by my family.
VO: whats your budget?
Me: A little above 14k dollars
VO: Do you have evidence of those funds?
Me: Yes, I have 25k dollars in my dom account ( hands him the statement). I also have access to over 60mil in a joint accnt with my dad.
VO: where do u work?
DW: I am a supervisor at the hotel.
VO: Where did the money come from?
Me: From my family business.
Types into his computer and says I'm. Sorry but you do not qualify for a visa at this time.

Please guys where did we get it wrong??
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ramj: 4:30pm On Dec 12, 2017
izaga3:

Me: Yes, I have 25k dollars in my dom account ( hands him the statement). I also have access to over 60mil in a joint accnt with my dad.
Types into his computer and says I'm. Sorry but you do not qualify for a visa at this time.

From past experiences on this thread and about.
I feel the narratives of the finances is the issue.

The way those VOs think. Its more like you are "carrying" family money to go and have your baby in the US.
In addition, the over 60mil you mentioned is not really yours. Just my take.

If you are to re-apply make your outlook on the hotel business more professional.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by onedon: 4:47pm On Dec 12, 2017
Good work here with all the pointers.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debby516(f): 5:05pm On Dec 12, 2017
So my Mum's visa interview in Lagos by a middle-age black American lady today for 10.15am appointment goes thus:

VO: Where are you going in the US?
Mum: Houston
VO: Why are you going to Houston?
Mum: Follow my daughter who is expecting a baby and take care of my grandchildren
VO: Does ur daughter have a visa?
Mum: Yes (hands over a copy of my visa to the VO)
VO: (looks at it and returned it to her) How many children does your daughter have?
Mum: 2, she is expecting another 1
VO: Did she have any of them in the US?
Mum: Yes, Last year
VO: Do you have any evidence?
Mum: Yes (Hands over all receipt of my last year trip and my current doctor's correspondence) P.S. Mum could not sort the documents, so she just handed over everything i gave to her.
VO: (looks at the documents briefly and hands them back to her) Please go and sit down, i will call you shortly.

There was a break in the interview and Mum sat with 4 other elderly women, who were also waiting for be recalled. Later on, the other women were called into the inner room one by one (i assumed because they are old, and not literate, they needed interpreters for them). After about 1 hour, the same VO beckoned to Mum to come back to her cubicle and the interview resumed with apologies for delaying her, cos she was attending to others while mum was sitted.

VO: Who filled your form for you:
Mum: My daughter
VO: What does your daughter do:
Mum: xxxx and works with xxxxx
VO: How many children do you have:
Mum: 3
VO: Is this ur daughter the 1st?
Mum: Yes
VO: How long will you be staying in the US?
Mum: 2 and half months
VO: Do you live in Lagos:
Mum: Yes
VO: Hands over the white paper on where to pick her passport.

Visa granted.

I had explained to Mum that her interview is successful if her passport is retained and not returned to her, so while she was sitting during the break in the interview, her passport was with the VO, so mum was already happy that they didnot return her passport to her. lol

In all, she left the car park at 10am and returned 1pm, I was soo frustrated waiting for her and wondered what kept her that long, but in all we give thanks God for a successful interview.

22 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by customised87: 6:46pm On Dec 12, 2017
izaga3:

I think it would be better if u paid yourself salary monthly in a personal account. Also,you didn't make reference to your husband at all...he should be part of the sponsorship at least to show indepence from your dad. My humble opinion.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by urblackpearl: 7:05pm On Dec 12, 2017
Hello, Please have you gotten a response from immigration?

Uniquezuri:
Hello House,

please has anyone processed a visa on arrival recently? any issues? any way to fast track? I have sent the mail to oa@nigeriaimmigration today. keeping my fingers crossed. then i also stumbled on a website in Houston clainming they do infant visa to Nigeria for $475 for expedited service. i called their number and guess who the operator is? An Indian!!! smh.. please don't fall for the scam or if you have used them please enlighten the house.. it just didnt ckick for me.

i will be back to share my successful VBAC experience with the house for those planning to VBAC in Houston. Right now i need to sort Visa on Arrival.. please help if you can. ( I already shared my POE experience). Thanks in Advance.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dere5: 8:27pm On Dec 12, 2017
babiebearie:
Hi all,
I have been a silent reader and it's my first time commenting. Don't know if i will get an adequate response to my question but i will try my luck�. I discovered everybody here is applying from Nigeria so the story is different. My question is can i apply for birth visa( i mean stating the purpose) while on a student visa in another country. I'm considering this option because it's gonna take 10yrs to get citizenship for my LO if i chose to givie birth here and the cost of birthing is almost the same. Thanks

I guess you are good to apply if you can show evidence that you can afford it and your studies can also act as burden of proof to show that you have a good reason for returning after birth.
Just read this thread very well, you'll be alright.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chijiuche: 8:57pm On Dec 12, 2017
QSola:
Hi guys, please can I take kilishi along with me. Thanks

yes but should be well dried
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by HerMajestyKay(f): 8:58pm On Dec 12, 2017
I dont really know how to send messages. Tried sending you an email but i saw an automated message from naira land in the email section, informing you that i am sending you an email or smtn like that. I am lost

quote author=odirinm post=63207775]Her majesty,

Pls email me if possible.

Am using same hospital, same time too.

[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Omodadi2: 9:24pm On Dec 12, 2017
HerMajestyKay:
I dont really know how to send messages. Tried sending you an email but i saw an automated message from naira land in the email section, informing you that i am sending you an email or smtn like that. I am lost

quote author=odirinm post=63207775]Her majesty,

Pls email me if possible.

Am using same hospital, same time too.

Just cick on send.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by jossy404: 10:01pm On Dec 12, 2017
Maybe you can put the website here cos the one I used last year for expedited NIGERIA visa was a pakistani and was refered by a mother here in this forum

Uniquezuri:

No be small thing .. They have a page on instsgram and facebook sef. See the requirements they sent to me
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mikoj22: 11:27pm On Dec 12, 2017
Congrats on your POE wishing you safe delivery.

ogekad:
Hello everyone,
I am a silent reader, I got into DFW on the 29th of Oct., the queue was something else. I almost collapsed. I went through the first stage where you will do passport reading.

Then I processed to pick my luggage and face the CBP guy.

CBP: How long are you here for?
Me: Till Christmas
CBP: You're pregnant?
Me: Yes
CBP: Do you have family?
Me Yes
CBP: place your finger here.
CPB: Do you have food
Me: yes. The guy stamped me in for 6 months. Nothing was checked nor ceased.

POE was breeze, I am sitting pretty and waiting for my LO. Please pray for me and the day drwas really close. My doctor wanted to induce labor but I refused and my due date is still far away.

Please any Dallas mum in the house, boredom is killing me here.

God bless...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by fola62: 12:47am On Dec 13, 2017
Dear House,

Any elpaso bound mother wishing to share accomodation at intown suites between December and February

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by valeria: 10:35am On Dec 13, 2017
Supernaturalone:

Do you have a Dr in the US? That should be your first step. Your Dr will determine how soon or how late you can travel. Some Drs will not accept you as a patient after a certain number of weeks. In addition, most airlines will not allow you to fly after 36 weeks.

Thanks for the info.

I have not concluded what doctor to use yet. A relative based in Texas is helping out with that.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ozycy: 11:53am On Dec 13, 2017
izaga3:

The whole family business/money could have sent a red flag.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 13, 2017
My interview transcript

Got a B1/B2 U.S. visa in early 2015. At the interview, my reason for travel was to visit my sibling......Was in the U.S. for a week early in 2017 attending a work conference and also visiting my sibling....Renewed visa via dropbox in Apr 2017 and was successful.

Got pregnant in Jul 2017 - after the dropbox renewal - decided to give birth in the U.S....filled another DS160...paid the visa fee...and scheduled an appointment to attend an interview to make my medical intention known....wanted to get the fact that I will be using the visa for all the B1/B2 purposes into my records i.e. I will use it for medical, to visit my sibling and also for work conferences...original appointment was mid Jan 2018 but I applied for emergency appointment (thanks @Ll for answering my emergency appointment question) and was given a new earlier date...

VO lady: hello..passport please...why do you want to go to the U.S.
Me: to have my baby
VO was looking at her PC
Me: I actually have a valid visa already but I just want it to be on record that I'll be using the visa for medical, family visit and work related trips
VO: oh!.... hmm..I've never had this situation before...let me check the protocol for this.. what hospital are you using? Do you have correspondence with them? Do you have your bank statements? I gave her the email exchanges with hospital, my bank statements and pay slips..she went away for 5 mins and came back.
VO: you didn't need to come for another interview you could have sent an email to the correspondence team and it would have been noted on in your file
Me: really...i didn't see that information on any of your websites
VO: ..types....types...types...let me just cross check something.....I'll be back...she goes away for another 5-10 mins...my feet are hurting at this point..VO returns with a guy..
VO guy: hi....you're not required to come back to tell us you'd like to use the visa to have a baby (in my mind..i'm like...really!!! ) But since you've paid another visa fee, we'll need to cancel your existing visa and reissue another one ...she'll review the documents...don't forget to take these docs with you to show at the border if asked. And hospital payment receipts too. VO guy goes away.
VO lady: takes time to review docs...types...types...asks some details about the bank statements....asked if I've paid hospital already (I haven't)...apologizes that system is slow...asks where my sibling lives...asks when i was last in the U.S. (told her...she says yes...i can see that here)... takes another 5/10 mins typing....typing..
Me: I also want it to be on record that I'll be using the visa to visit my sibling and for work conferences
VO: no problem...just getting all the information noted down...(after a few minutes) your visa has been approved..don't forget to have these docs at the border and the hospital receipts too.
Me: thank you...do you have any idea when the visa will be ready? (see me feeling fly...still asking question tongue)
VO: no sorry...but at least it's been approved...Thanks for being so forth coming...appreciate it
Me: thanks...with a big smile

Longest interview ever...took like 30 minutes in all. I really hope I don't have to do interview at renewal and can just breeze through drop box. I just realised now...i was never asked why I wanted to birth in the U.S. grin

I'm now wondering if the letter of intent really is valid...so confusing....I think both CBPs and VOs really just use their discretion...perhaps there's no policy manual of what to do in each circumstance...i was thinking I'd be told to just go ahead and use existing visa like @Supernaturalone....but grateful all the same.

The race is not to the swift...nor battle to the strong...it is of GOD who shows mercy Ecclesiastes 9:11

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ozycy: 12:07pm On Dec 13, 2017
fola62:
Dear House,

Any elpaso bound mother wishing to share accomodation at intown suites between December and February
Does intown suite now have shared accomodation?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Fyorgyn: 2:22pm On Dec 13, 2017
mamaron:
My interview transcript

Got a B1/B2 U.S. visa in early 2015. At the interview, my reason for travel was to visit my sibling......Was in the U.S. for a week early in 2017 attending a work conference and also visiting my sibling....Renewed visa via dropbox in Apr 2017 and was successful.

Thank you so much for sharing!

This is an interesting development.very interesting!!

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Tripletmom: 3:09pm On Dec 13, 2017
mamaron:
My interview transcript

Got pregnant in Jul 2017 - after the dropbox renewal - decided to give birth in the U.S....filled another DS160...paid the visa fee...and scheduled an appointment to attend an interview to make my medical intention known....wanted to get the fact that I will be using the visa for all the B1/B2 purposes into my records i.e. I will use it for medical, to visit my sibling and also for work conferences...original appointment was mid Jan 2018 but I applied for emergency appointment (thanks @Ll for answering my emergency appointment question) and was given a new earlier date...

Thanks for sharing.
We both av this same story,renewed via drop box April and got BFP June.
Was telling DH over d weekend dat if i had known,i would av scheduled another interview instead of d letter i sent.
Got the normal generic response the next day.
Anyway,will just get myself prepared for POE.
All the best mama.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by phebeansans: 4:04pm On Dec 13, 2017
[quote author=mamaron post=63243652]My interview transcript

Wow.Another angle to the story.Maybe the change of intent letter is not as worthless as it was made out to be,particularly if you got pregnant after the issuance of B1/B2.In any case it is always better to err on the side of abundance of caution.In addition,your poe should be a breeze after that interview.Congratulations.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 13, 2017
urblackpearl:
Hello, Please have you gotten a response from immigration?

My dear , i haven't ooo. Only got the "RECEIVED" Response on Monday.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 13, 2017
I did ooo

ANIT1:

Did you write the letter with the documents needed. Then they would send you an approval letter from Nigeria Immigration service.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kaakaa(f): 5:17pm On Dec 13, 2017
mamaron:
My interview transcript

VO: you didn't need to come for another interview you could have sent an email to the correspondence team and it would have been noted on in your file
Me: really...i didn't see that information on any of your websites
VO: ..types....types...types...let me just cross check something.....I'll be back...she goes away for another 5-10 mins...my feet are hurting at this point..VO returns with a guy..
VO guy: hi....you're not required to come back to tell us you'd like to use the visa to have a baby (in my mind..i'm like...really!!! )

I'm now wondering if the letter of intent really is valid...so confusing....I think both CBPs and VOs really just use their discretion...perhaps there's no policy manual of what to do in each circumstance...

Wow.... good one.... thanks for sharing!.... Notification of intent aint ruled out then....
Safe journey to you n Safe delivery!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chijiuche: 5:45pm On Dec 13, 2017
OnJosh1:

Wow! Congrats on your PoE experience. I tap into your PoE experience IN JESUS NAME; AMEN. I'm a Houston bound Mum too using Dr E & traveling soon by GOD'S Grace. Pls I'm interested in your food list. I have a list but I want to be sure I have everything covered biko. Can I pls send you a pm or would you rather share here?

Thanks a lot.

This are just the list of the local foods I will be eating during my stay....I just had to write everything down so I will not loose track of not declaring anything
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Quin17: 6:17pm On Dec 13, 2017

The correapondence team shld be abujaniv n lagosniv i suppose...hmm the letter seems to "hold water" afterall

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.