Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,373 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (408) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (975602 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ozymes: 6:31pm On Dec 13, 2017
Yep. We passed through same POE yesterday higly favoured. But tubers of yams seized
Omodadi2:

Congratulations on your successful enterance. Pls does this mean you didnt indicate childbirth for your trip?cos u said u r there till xmas, ur EDD is still far.... jst thinking aloud.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chijiuche: 6:40pm On Dec 13, 2017
Pls.If you plan using Oakbend, the hint is that they will increase the hospital bill effective first of Jan 2018. So is advisable you register and pay before then so you will not be affected....This is advise from my Doctor on first appointment

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by urblackpearl: 6:44pm On Dec 13, 2017
Uniquezuri:

My dear , i haven't ooo. Only got the "RECEIVED" Response on Monday.

Hi. I just received the visa on arrival approval letter. Pls check ur email. Sent my request 10th dec

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ozymes: 6:50pm On Dec 13, 2017
Where is your expected POE
Tripletmom:

Thanks for sharing.
We both av this same story,renewed via drop box April and got BFP June.
Was telling DH over d weekend dat if i had known,i would av scheduled another interview instead of d letter i sent.
Got the normal generic response the next day.
Anyway,will just get myself prepared for POE.
All the best mama.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by jaysmom: 6:51pm On Dec 13, 2017
Congrats on your reissuance.

I personally don't think it is necessary to go for a visa interview when one has a valid visa and and has used it for the purpose it was intended
I guess there is a reason why US visas always has multiple entries.
If one is required to go back for an interview before every planned visit, then my assumption is they will stamp more of single entry visas.
I have used my B1/B2 visa for visit, childbirth, conferences, etc.i have never been queried abnormally at the POEs cos I always have supporting documents for my visit.
I might be wrong though.

mamaron:
My interview transcript

Got a B1/B2 U.S. visa in early 2015. At the interview, my reason for travel was to visit my sibling......Was in the U.S. for a week early in 2017 attending a work conference and also visiting my sibling....Renewed visa via dropbox in Apr 2017 and was successful.

Got pregnant in Jul 2017 - after the dropbox renewal - decided to give birth in the U.S....filled another DS160...paid the visa fee...and scheduled an appointment to attend an interview to make my medical intention known....wanted to get the fact that I will be using the visa for all the B1/B2 purposes into my records i.e. I will use it for medical, to visit my sibling and also for work conferences...original appointment was mid Jan 2018 but I applied for emergency appointment (thanks @Ll for answering my emergency appointment question) and was given a new earlier date...

VO lady: hello..passport please...why do you want to go to the U.S.
Me: to have my baby
VO was looking at her PC
Me: I actually have a valid visa already but I just want it to be on record that I'll be using the visa for medical, family visit and work related trips
VO: oh!.... hmm..I've never had this situation before...let me check the protocol for this.. what hospital are you using? Do you have correspondence with them? Do you have your bank statements? I gave her the email exchanges with hospital, my bank statements and pay slips..she went away for 5 mins and came back.
VO: you didn't need to come for another interview you could have sent an email to the correspondence team and it would have been noted on in your file
Me: really...i didn't see that information on any of your websites
VO: ..types....types...types...let me just cross check something.....I'll be back...she goes away for another 5-10 mins...my feet are hurting at this point..VO returns with a guy..
VO guy: hi....you're not required to come back to tell us you'd like to use the visa to have a baby (in my mind..i'm like...really!!! ) But since you've paid another visa fee, we'll need to cancel your existing visa and reissue another one ...she'll review the documents...don't forget to take these docs with you to show at the border if asked. And hospital payment receipts too. VO guy goes away.
VO lady: takes time to review docs...types...types...asks some details about the bank statements....asked if I've paid hospital already (I haven't)...apologizes that system is slow...asks where my sibling lives...asks when i was last in the U.S. (told her...she says yes...i can see that here)... takes another 5/10 mins typing....typing..
Me: I also want it to be on record that I'll be using the visa to visit my sibling and for work conferences
VO: no problem...just getting all the information noted down...(after a few minutes) your visa has been approved..don't forget to have these docs at the border and the hospital receipts too.
Me: thank you...do you have any idea when the visa will be ready? (see me feeling fly...still asking question tongue)
VO: no sorry...but at least it's been approved...Thanks for being so forth coming...appreciate it
Me: thanks...with a big smile

Longest interview ever...took like 30 minutes in all. I really hope I don't have to do interview at renewal and can just breeze through drop box. I just realised now...i was never asked why I wanted to birth in the U.S. grin

I'm now wondering if the letter of intent really is valid...so confusing....I think both CBPs and VOs really just use their discretion...perhaps there's no policy manual of what to do in each circumstance...i was thinking I'd be told to just go ahead and use existing visa like @Supernaturalone....but grateful all the same.

The race is not to the swift...nor battle to the strong...it is of GOD who shows mercy Ecclesiastes 9:11

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayob3: 7:36pm On Dec 13, 2017
Please has any mother in the house used wellstar.. Can someone be kind enough to reply please
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Tripletmom: 7:39pm On Dec 13, 2017
ozymes:
Where is your expected POE
Washington dulles
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 13, 2017
jaysmom:
Congrats on your reissuance.

I personally don't think it is necessary to go for a visa interview when one has a valid visa and and has used it for the purpose it was intended
I guess there is a reason why US visas always has multiple entries.
If one is required to go back for an interview before every planned visit, then my assumption is they will stamp more of single entry visas.
I have used my B1/B2 visa for visit, childbirth, conferences, etc.i have never been queried abnormally at the POEs cos I always have supporting documents for my visit.
I might be wrong though.

Thanks jaysmom.

I guess it's different strokes for different folks. I felt most comfortable reapplying. In theory B1/B2 is for multiple entries and multiple purposes exactly as you've said....but perhaps the nationality advantage of birthing there and some abuses of the system makes some VOs and CBP unusually strict. You weren't abnormally questioned but I've read a few experiences here that were difficult....

I got the initial visa for a family visit and used it for work and i didn't feel the need to attend another interview at that time ..so its not about attending an interview before every trip tongue...but I felt the sensitivity around birthing and medicals was higher than a work trip.......and warranted my reapplying..... Just me being an efiko!

In the end people will do what they feel works for them.....others may sincerely be more comfortable sending an email or not sending anything at all since its B1/B2.

All the best to everyone, whichever route you pick cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 13, 2017
ANIT1:

Its more of a letter stating your baby’s details and when you would be landing and that your request has been approfved

Ope ooo! I have received the approval oooo!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 13, 2017
urblackpearl:
Hello, Please have you gotten a response from immigration?

Yes oo. I got the approval today
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by jaysmom: 12:57am On Dec 14, 2017
mamaron:

Thanks jaysmom.

I guess it's different strokes for different folks. I felt most comfortable reapplying. In theory B1/B2 is for multiple entries and multiple purposes exactly as you've said....but perhaps the nationality advantage of birthing there and some abuses of the system makes some VOs and CBP unusually strict. You weren't abnormally questioned but I've read a few experiences here that were difficult....

I got the initial visa for a family visit and used it for work and i didn't feel the need to attend another interview at that time ..so its not about attending an interview before every trip tongue...but I felt the sensitivity around birthing and medicals was higher than a work trip.......and warranted my reapplying..... Just me being an efiko!

In the end people will do what they feel works for them.....others may sincerely be more comfortable sending an email or not sending anything at all since its B1/B2.

All the best to everyone, whichever route you pick cheesy

grin grin grin the efico part got me.
My dear, as long as your intentions are right from the start, one should approach the POE with confidence. I've not read here where anyone was turned back for saying the truth right from visa application.
The only person I know that was turned back at POE didn't inform the VO that she was pregnant during interview. She also never mentioned it to the CBP officer that stamped her in. She was noticed by some random officer who just noticed her bulge on her way to agric and started asking her questions. By the way, she had no dr/hospital correspondence cos she didn't plan to declare. That is how she was put on the next flight back and banned for 10years.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayob3: 1:47am On Dec 14, 2017
Can someone please respond to my question.. Who has used Wellstar in Atlanta Georgia please
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Omodadi2: 9:00am On Dec 14, 2017
Ayob3:
Can someone please respond to my question.. Who has used Wellstar in Atlanta Georgia please

While waiting for someone to respond, u can also us the search botton to check if that item ws discussed here b4 and u can see d posts, u may be lucky to just find the info u need or PM d poster for info. People who have used it may not visit NL now dt u need the info urgently.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by domrita: 10:45am On Dec 14, 2017
Tripletmom:

Washington dulles
Hi tripletmom..... R u using Ethiopian Airlines? Normally Washington Dulles is their common POE.. I sent you a PM.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayob3: 10:52am On Dec 14, 2017
Omodadi2:

While waiting for someone to respond, u can also us the search botton to check if that item ws discussed here b4 and u can see d posts, u may be lucky to just find the info u need or PM d poster for info. People who have used it may not visit NL now dt u need the info urgently.

Thank you dear, I already did but didn't find any matches

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayob3: 11:14am On Dec 14, 2017
@SuperDad, tried sending you a mail but it didn't deliver

Please reach me on setportablebamie@yahoo.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Tripletmom: 11:18am On Dec 14, 2017
domrita:

Hi tripletmom..... R u using Ethiopian Airlines? Normally Washington Dulles is their common POE.. I sent you a PM.
No ma,will reply ur mail.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ramj: 11:28am On Dec 14, 2017
All this is pointing to one thing ; As the Yorubas will say "ona kan ko wo oja" Many roads lead to the market.

Just do the right thing either root you choose, declare, use your visas for the intended purposes and have your supporting documents.

On the other hand birth Tourism is a touchy matter nonetheless.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Hopesprings: 1:08pm On Dec 14, 2017
Hi all

Just for anyone concerned, I renewed via dropbox with no issues. I had used my visa a few times before childbirth and I'm not currently pregnant, just going on holiday.

Merry Christmas all!

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mikoj22: 2:07pm On Dec 14, 2017
Congrats!!

Hopesprings:
Hi all

Just for anyone concerned, I renewed via dropbox with no issues. I had used my visa a few times before childbirth and I'm not currently pregnant, just going on holiday.

Merry Christmas all!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mikoj22: 2:11pm On Dec 14, 2017
Congrats for the smooth POE. Please which hospital/doctor are you using over there?, please will need some info from you.

JDQueen:
Hello all, so am currently in the United States for my second missionary Journey.
I reapplied this year September via dropbox choosing same visa category as my first visa B2.
I flew Turkish Airline on the 10th of December to JfK. I requested for wheelchair for the JFK segment.

Me: Hello
CBP: Hello, what are you hear for?
Me: Am here to have my baby : second Baby
CBP: How much cash are you here with?
Me: $6010, I have more in my Debit cards.
CBP: Are you sure you have enough to cover your expenses.
Me: Of cos yes, that was why I told you I have more funds in my cards.
CBP: How long are you staying?
Me: 9weeks.
CBP: Do you plan leaving anything behind in the states when leaving?
Me: No
CBP: Do you have food stuff.
Me: Indomine noodles onion flavor and Beans.
CBP: Stamps me till June (6month) Enjoy your stay.
Me: Thank you.

Was wheeled off, got my bags and left.
Joining my flight to Elpaso today.

Safe journey and Delivery to everyone of us.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mikoj22: 2:15pm On Dec 14, 2017
Please i sent a mail to you via foniemola@outlook.com, please kindly respond

fola62:
Dear House,

Any elpaso bound mother wishing to share accomodation at intown suites between December and February
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Tshozzy: 3:55pm On Dec 14, 2017
[Hi am due for April...please what is the hospital quote for Holy Cross? I already have a quote for PG hospital but I want to compare with Holy Cross..please help..i quote author=Dechica post=61695295]Good day. Any Maryland mama's due in March 2018.[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Tshozzy: 4:05pm On Dec 14, 2017
[hi, please can you assist with Dr Moore mum and email. Thank uquote author=Dechica post=61742163]

@Bcpump. Ok. Am due 1st week in March. Will be using Dr Moore and Holycross. What of you? [/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Bisoye76: 4:26pm On Dec 14, 2017
Hello house,
So i had my interview 9am today in lagos
The interview went thus-

VO- Good morning can i have your passports.
Cuz am travelling with my 3yr old son.
Me- Good morning.
VO-What are u going to do in the US
Me- To have my second baby.
VO- when is ur EDD?
Me- Mar/Apr
VO-What do u do?
Me- I own a travel agency.
VO - oh tell me about ur buss.
Me- blah blah blah
VO- have u travelled before
Me- yes to uk,dubai,saudi arabia for pilgrimage, cote divoire , paris
VO- aw long did u spend in d Uk
Me- i havent spent more than 2wks its usually vacation.
VO- when was d last time u travelled to uk
Me-2014
Vo- aw much do i have for this trip
Me -blah blah
VO- aw much is your tickets for this trip
Me- 850k...i have my budget sheet here i quickly handed it over to her and i have my Dr's correspondence was added immediately
VO- pls bring them out
VO- whst does ur husband do?
Me- blah blah blah i explained and she kips typing on d sys.
VO- can i see his statement
Me-i quickly handed both my husband and mine.
She went to it .....and started typing for a while.
VO- so aw long are u staying and is ur husband travelling with u.
Me- 10 wweks no he is not just me and my son.
VO- ok .....here is d document to pick up ur passport with visa by 20th Dec.
Me - Thank u and have a good day.

I give d almighty all glory cuz d interview took a while but we found favour.
Thanks all nairalanders.
Best of luck to all waiting for their interviews too

15 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by JDQueen: 4:36pm On Dec 14, 2017
mikoj22:
Congrats for the smooth POE. Please which hospital/doctor are you using over there?, please will need some info from you.

Thanks ma.

I'll chat you via Email.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by aye88: 6:04pm On Dec 14, 2017
jaysmom:

grin grin grin the efico part got me.
My dear, as long as your intentions are right from the start, one should approach the POE with confidence. I've not read here where anyone was turned back for saying the truth right from visa application.
The only person I know that was turned back at POE didn't inform the VO that she was pregnant during interview. She also never mentioned it to the CBP officer that stamped her in. She was noticed by some random officer who just noticed her bulge on her way to agric and started asking her questions. By the way, she had no dr/hospital correspondence cos she didn't plan to declare. That is how she was put on the next flight back and banned for 10years.

Well I recently heard of a woman who was turned back at L.A. airport. Reason is that the hospital quote she gave to the cbp officer was too low. She had her first child at the same hospital a d paid 5500. Was on her way to have the second one at the same hospital. They said there was no way a package could be that cheap. That she must have used medic aid or a governme t assisted package. And she asked them to confirm from the hospital they refused. She was immediately turned back. That's the story I heard. I don't know of there are other reasons to it that she didn't state.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ALADE4J2: 6:17pm On Dec 14, 2017
LI:
Caveat: This is the longest Nairaland post you will ever read in your life. grin

We had our interview in Lagos. Appointment time, 6:30am. Even though we qualified for dropbox, we decided to opt for an interview instead. This was due in part to our wanting to avoid a follow-up interview which many here seem to justifiably dread. Scheduling a face-to-face was an inconvenience but a minor one compared to what could be as there was still a chance we would be required to book appointment for a follow-up interview; an appointment which, according to Fyorgyn is not likely will be expedited. Worse still, if only one of us was issued a visa with the other getting the 221g. DW and I wanted to be together so we agreed to waive our rights to apply under the dropbox programme. It is worth noting that we had to initiate two emergency interview requests before it was finally granted;

Please Li, did you have to pay another visa fee in order to make the second emergency request? DW and my emergency request was denied today.

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.