Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,326 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (411) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (977608 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chikos: 10:40pm On Dec 17, 2017
[quote author=captain90210 post=63354318]Delta is having a promo now, but if u flying between mid feb- end .arch 2018 and ure required to pay before Dec 31st. Just FYI [/quote

Hello, thanks for the information. Do we book directly from their website?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ladeonas: 10:47pm On Dec 17, 2017
julzz:

Oh really, what's the name of the hotel? Did you book it ahead of time? I'm already happy about this was wondering how I would manage the layover.

I just walk up to the reception. And negotiated it. It's called no1 louge. All the best
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ladeonas: 10:50pm On Dec 17, 2017
mikoj22:

Thank God for the smooth entry.....wishing you safe delivery.

Amen. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ladeonas: 10:51pm On Dec 17, 2017
aye88:
Poe interview

Arrived los Angeles and was directed to the automated machine. Filled in my details and was cleared to pick up my baggage..at the exit, met a cbp officer and questions as follows

How long are you staying
Me: 12 weeks
Do you have food
Me: yes
What and What
Me: dried fish and cray fish
Ok
Stamps my passport and says I'm free to go.
End of story

Lovely story too
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Beautyaddy: 1:43am On Dec 18, 2017
aamey15:
Yes i did...mentioned it...they just stamped our passports and told us to go..asked if we had food or alcohol..we had just baby food so we were cleared.

Didnt spend 5mins with the POE...i was even surprised.

When we arrived at atl airport, they directed all pple with small kids or pregnant to the priority check in so we had to enter our details ourselves into a screen..i think citizens too used the same screen..

We were totally cleared and we stated our intent...
So surprised at the interview call.

Like others here have responded to your concerns about the US embassy requiring you and your spouse to appear in person for a follow-up interview...just make sure you take along all the itemized bills and receipts of payments you made after child birth as well as the hospital clearing you of any hidden charges you might not be aware of.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by julzz(f): 2:19am On Dec 18, 2017
ladeonas:

I just walk up to the reception. And negotiated it. It's called no1 louge. All the best

Thank you, for how many hours learnt you pay by the hour?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Quin17: 8:41am On Dec 18, 2017
Omodadi2:

Inviting ppl for interview isnt a new thing anymore so dont be surprised. If you read some pages backwards, youll see various scenarios of ppl who declared, paid, and didnt overstay yet called for interview, i'm awaiting mine too. Got our visas for birth purpose and paid all bills. DH was granted at dropbox while i was asked to schedule interview. Just gather your documents and pray. wish us d best!

Seems its best to jst book an interview since u can waive the dropbox right and appear at the counter jst like LI and his wife did.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by aamey15: 11:30am On Dec 18, 2017
Thank you i will take all the required documents ...i appreciate your response

quote author=Beautyaddy post=63379550]

Like others here have responded to your concerns about the US embassy requiring you and your spouse to appear in person for a follow-up interview...just make sure you take along all the itemized bills and receipts of payments you made after child birth as well as the hospital clearing you of any hidden charges you might not be aware of.[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by aamey15: 11:33am On Dec 18, 2017
Thank you..i think the issue is the fact that i got the visa for visit prupose and i found out i was pregnant i fell ill so couldnt travel... so we just lumped the holiday and birth together.

quote author=Omodadi2 post=63373081]

Inviting ppl for interview isnt a new thing anymore so dont be surprised. If you read some pages backwards, youll see various scenarios of ppl who declared, paid, and didnt overstay yet called for interview, i'm awaiting mine too. Got our visas for birth purpose and paid all bills. DH was granted at dropbox while i was asked to schedule interview. Just gather your documents and pray. wish us d best![/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Bubbles123: 11:57am On Dec 18, 2017
Quin17:

Seems its best to jst book an interview since u can waive the dropbox right and appear at the counter jst like LI and his wife did.

Pls help me out. I have been traveling to the US. And at some point I was eligible for drop box. So I have been renewing my Visa by drop box. But I had my baby in the US last year on a running Visa. Since I did not inform US immigration when I was renewing my Visa that I was pregnant, I had to tell the immigration officers at entry point that I was going to give birth.And they allowed me to enter when they checked and saw that I had enough money to pay for the delivery. I paid all my bills and have my zero balance. But now I want to renew my visa for the first time after giving birth, I am pregnant again so I applied for medical visa by drop box and I was invited for a follow-up interview. I don't know what to expect at the follow up interview.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Omodadi2: 1:31pm On Dec 18, 2017
Quin17:

I agree with you. My location was my problem then so I decided to explore the dropbox since i beleive I have not err in anyway.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Omodadi2: 1:34pm On Dec 18, 2017
Bubbles123:

Pls help me out. I have been traveling to the US. And at some point I was eligible for drop box. So I have been renewing my Visa by drop box. But I had my baby in the US last year on a running Visa. Since I did not inform US immigration when I was renewing my Visa that I was pregnant, I had to tell the immigration officers at entry point that I was going to give birth.And they allowed me to enter when they checked and saw that I had enough money to pay for the delivery. I paid all my bills and have my zero balance. But now I want to renew my visa for the first time after giving birth, I am pregnant again so I applied for medical visa by drop box and I was invited for a follow-up interview. I don't know what to expect at the follow up interview.

Just scroll up a little and see some posts conerning recent trend in visa renewal espcially for childbirth. Yours would be that you didnt inform VO at interview point. However, some ppl got theirs renewed afterwards. Go with your itemized invoice and zero balance statements. It will end in praise!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by jesuloluwa2010: 1:35pm On Dec 18, 2017
Pls i need help. My wife is 4 months pregnant and wishes to deliver the baby in US. We will be applying for visa this week&hope to get a date in Feb.But my fear is that her virgin international passport expires August 2018. Hope that wont be an hindrance to getting the visa and any idea of cheapest child delivery hospital in Texas?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dollarsolution(m): 2:03pm On Dec 18, 2017
[quote author=chikos post=63377333][/quote]

please note that the PROMO on Delta airline ended few weeks back,but its still diplayed on wakanow website. i just called Delta airline to confirmed.
Better luck to us next time

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 18, 2017
Hello everybody.
First timer here. My wife was able to convince me that we should have our baby in the US. My eyes have been glued to this thread since a week ago just to have a feel a what had been discussed so I do not have questions that may have been answered. I caught up pretty much quickly. We are both joyous about this adventure. I'm working on a budget and from what I have estimated so far, it's gonna cost about $9,000 for normal delivery and about an average of $11,000 for CS. This estimate is for Dr. Ezekiel affiliated with Oak bend (this is the cheapest), and it includes baby documentation fee and accommodation fee. This does not include the flight cost which is still going to be around $2,500 (single) or $4,000 (If I'd be going with her). In total, we will spend over $15,000. Obviously, it will cost us a lot.

Permit me, ladies and gentlemen to ask this question: is this adventure really worth it? What do we stand to gain? I'm about to commit to this and it's going to hurt(hurt in the sense that my entire savings will be depleted and I'm gonna have to start all over again. I look forward to your response. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by starpexgoody: 2:40pm On Dec 18, 2017
nefertitiram:

Missouri Baptist
St luke's hospital missouri. had my last baby there
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by starpexgoody: 3:27pm On Dec 18, 2017
Dechica:
Please o any Maryland mama's for March 2018, abeg let's hook up to avoid boredom. I will be leaving in January.

Maryland on my mind but am still hunting for a cheap hospital and doctor.. pls could u pm options
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mbamto: 3:52pm On Dec 18, 2017
mamaron:
My interview transcript

Got a B1/B2 U.S. visa in early 2015. At the interview, my reason for travel was to visit my sibling......Was in the U.S. for a week early in 2017 attending a work conference and also visiting my sibling....[/b]Renewed visa via dropbox in Apr 2017 and was successful.

Got pregnant in Jul 2017 - after the dropbox renewal - decided to give birth in the U.S....filled another DS160...paid the visa fee...and scheduled an appointment to attend an interview to make my medical intention known[b]
...wanted to get the fact that I will be using the visa for all the B1/B2 purposes into my records i.e. I will use it for medical, to visit my sibling and also for work conferences...original appointment was mid Jan 2018 but I applied for emergency appointment (thanks @Ll for answering my emergency appointment question) and was given a new earlier date...

VO lady: hello..passport please...why do you want to go to the U.S.
Me: to have my baby
VO was looking at her PC
[/b]Me: I actually have a valid visa already but I just want it to be on record that I'll be using the visa for medical[b], family visit and work related trips
VO: oh!.... hmm..I've never had this situation before...let me check the protocol for this.. what hospital are you using? Do you have correspondence with them? Do you have your bank statements? I gave her the email exchanges with hospital, my bank statements and pay slips..she went away for 5 mins and came back.
[/b]VO: you didn't need to come for another interview you could have sent an email to the correspondence team and it would have been noted on in your file
Me: really...i didn't see that information on any of your websites
VO: ..types....types...types...let me just cross check something.....I'll be back...she goes away for another 5-10 mins...my feet are hurting at this point..VO returns with a guy..
[b][/b]VO guy: hi....you're not required to come back to tell us you'd like to use the visa to have a baby[b]
(in my mind..i'm like...really!!! ) But since you've paid another visa fee, we'll need to cancel your existing visa and reissue another one ...she'll review the documents...don't forget to take these docs with you to show at the border if asked. And hospital payment receipts too. VO guy goes away.
VO lady: takes time to review docs...types...types...asks some details about the bank statements....asked if I've paid hospital already (I haven't)...apologizes that system is slow...asks where my sibling lives...asks when i was last in the U.S. (told her...she says yes...i can see that here)... takes another 5/10 mins typing....typing..
Me: I also want it to be on record that I'll be using the visa to visit my sibling and for work conferences
VO: no problem...just getting all the information noted down...(after a few minutes) your visa has been approved..don't forget to have these docs at the border and the hospital receipts too.
Me: thank you...do you have any idea when the visa will be ready? (see me feeling fly...still asking question tongue)
VO: no sorry...but at least it's been approved...Thanks for being so forth coming...appreciate it
Me: thanks...with a big smile

Longest interview ever...took like 30 minutes in all. I really hope I don't have to do interview at renewal and can just breeze through drop box. I just realised now...i was never asked why I wanted to birth in the U.S. grin

[/b] I'm now wondering if the letter of intent really is valid...so confusing..[b]..I think both CBPs and VOs really just use their discretion...perhaps there's no policy manual of what to do in each circumstance...i was thinking I'd be told to just go ahead and use existing visa like @Supernaturalone....but grateful all the same.

The race is not to the swift...nor battle to the strong...it is of GOD who shows mercy Ecclesiastes 9:11

abujaniv, LagosNIV, Twoods, Omobendel
Going by this transcript, the "letter of intent" seems to be valid , please say something on this, thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 18, 2017
Mbamto:

Going by this transcript, the "letter of intent" seems to be valid , please say something on this, thank you

Hi Mbamto...since I started all this wahala with my post...i feel obliged to respond...from what i have come to understand abujaniv confirms exactly what I was told by the VOs.... reapplying is not a REQUIREMENT...however it is what abujaniv would recommend.....its a recommendation based on points he has listed below.....its up to mamas and papas to make a choice on what route to follow. Also see page zero of this current thread 5. Justwise quotes abujaniv.

I'm not sure 100% of the population will agree on one approach..each person has to appraise their specific circumstance and decide what they sincerely think is the right thing for them to do.

Despite what I was told by the VOs at my interview
..if I had to do it again...i would still reapply...that's just me....others might disagree.

abujaniv:
I will stick by what we have written here repeatedly: the "change of intent" letter is not a valid procedure. What matters is what the applicant declares in their application and interview, and then again at the port of entry. No matter how many times we say this, we will still be flooded with these letters. And they will all be deleted without any change or edit to the applicants' files.

It is true that the B1/B2 visa is valid for childbirth and other medical tourism. That said, if Customs and Border Patrol determine at the POE that the applicant misconstrued their purpose of travel, that they can not afford their medical care or are in any other way ineligible, the traveler will be barred from entry and sent home. This must be a miserable experience. That is why we recommend that applicants come in for another interview to specifically declare birth intent. No, it is not required, and yes, it will cost another $160. But compared to the extreme cost and inconvenience of being turned around at the POE, it is a small price to pay.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Reine22: 4:45pm On Dec 18, 2017
Cretaceous:
Hello everybody.
First timer here. My wife was able to convince me that we should have our baby in the US. it's gonna cost about $9,000 for normal delivery and about an average of $11,000 for CS. This estimate is for Dr. Ezekiel affiliated with Oak bend (this is the cheapest), and it includes baby documentation fee and accommodation fee. This does not include the flight cost which is still going to be around $2,500 (single) or $4,000 (If I'd be going with her). In total, we will spend over $15,000

Your costs are rather high. Maybe do more research
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ramj: 4:49pm On Dec 18, 2017
starpexgoody:

Maryland on my mind but am still hunting for a cheap hospital and doctor.. pls could u pm options

May God bless your search ooo.
Maryland the place of Gold where epidural can be as high as $2000.

Port if you can

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kaakaa(f): 6:57pm On Dec 18, 2017
Mbamto:

I will say that the vo treat each person individually and this letter of intent is useful at poe but doesnt make you dropbox worthy as that is purely for the Vo's to decide...

If at the point of interview you knowingly or unknowingly say you are not pregnant while you are, change of intent might see you through the poe but it doesnt mean the vo may not deny you visa the next time you apply bc it will be seen as deceit....

If you do not use your visa for the purpose it was granted you, or was preggy during interview and succeed to pass through poe, dont act surprised when they call you for interview, it's obvious you have some explaining to do.... even with your change of intent letter....

Letter of intent is more suitable when you have used your visa for the purpose for which it was granted and then wish to travel for delivery.

After all is said, it still lies on the Vo to decide....bc these days they call people for interview either bc you need to explain something or bc they want to be sure you paid all your bills....

My 2 cent.....

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ladeonas: 7:53pm On Dec 18, 2017
julzz:

Thank you, for how many hours learnt you pay by the hour?

yes, it per hour but i went there at 9:30pm and told them i need it till tomorrow morning. they told me they can do 6am at best for 50GBP
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shawlar(m): 8:42pm On Dec 18, 2017
Cretaceous:
Hello everybody.
First timer here. My wife was able to convince me that we should have our baby in the US. My eyes have been glued to this thread since a week ago just to have a feel a what had been discussed so I do not have questions that may have been answered. I caught up pretty much quickly. We are both joyous about this adventure. I'm working on a budget and from what I have estimated so far, it's gonna cost about $9,000 for normal delivery and about an average of $11,000 for CS. This estimate is for Dr. Ezekiel affiliated with Oak bend (this is the cheapest), and it includes baby documentation fee and accommodation fee. This does not include the flight cost which is still going to be around $2,500 (single) or $4,000 (If I'd be going with her). In total, we will spend over $15,000. Obviously, it will cost us a lot.

Permit me, ladies and gentlemen to ask this question: is this adventure really worth it? What do we stand to gain? I'm about to commit to this and it's going to hurt(hurt in the sense that my entire savings will be depleted and I'm gonna have to start all over again. I look forward to your response. Thanks

Read from here
https://www.nairaland.com/2176096/give-birth-usa-cost-procedures/86#33368930

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 18, 2017
Cretaceous:
Hello everybody.

Is it really worth it?

If you ask 5 people why they have their babies in the U.S. you may get as many as 5 different answers.

For me I would like to get a certain level of medical care...which is also available in the U.K. for example....but if the U.S. gives the extra benefit of citizenship..... then why not?

For others it's baby being able to go to university without a student visa in the future....and maybe paying less than an international student...and being able to get student loans

For another the possibility of filing for citizenship/residency for parents when baby becomes an adult.

For yet another....visa free travel to over 100 countries
..which may be an advantage when baby is employed in a company that requires travel or just for leisure.

For some...they had their 1st baby in the U.S. so why not do the same for subsequent children.

Maybe it's a vacation for some...a change of environment and holiday/maternity leave.

Some have argued that it's better to invest that money for that child's education than travel for birth....their view.

Wisdom fall on you as you decide.

17 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by julzz(f): 9:22pm On Dec 18, 2017
ladeonas:

yes, it per hour but i went there at 9:30pm and told them i need it till tomorrow morning. they told me they can do 6am at best for 50GBP

Oh great, thanks again.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 18, 2017
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 18, 2017
mamaron:

Is it really worth it?

If you ask 5 people why they have their babies in the U.S. you may get as many as 5 different answers.

For me I would like to get a certain level of medical care...which is also available in the U.K. for example....but if the U.S. gives the extra benefit of citizenship..... then why not?

For others it's baby being able to go to university without a student visa in the future....and maybe paying less than an international student...and being able to get student loans

For another the possibility of filing for citizenship/residency for parents when baby becomes an adult.

For yet another....visa free travel to over 100 countries
..which may be an advantage when baby is employed in a company that requires travel or just for leisure.

For some...they had their 1st baby in the U.S. so why not do the same for subsequent children.

Maybe it's a vacation for some...a change of environment and holiday/maternity leave.

Some have argued that it's better to invest that money for that child's education than travel for birth....their view.

Wisdom fall on you as you decide.

Thanks maam
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dechica: 10:14pm On Dec 18, 2017
Ramj:

May God bless your search ooo.
Maryland the place of God where epidural can be as high as $2000.

Port if you can

All these stories about MD are not true had my 1st baby and about 2 go for 2nd.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ramj: 10:59pm On Dec 18, 2017
Dechica:

All these stories about MD are not true had my 1st baby and about 2 go for 2nd.

Alas you got the cheap one someone I know paid that much for epidural to be honest.

(1) (2) (3) ... (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.