Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,872 members, 7,817,570 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (413) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (977398 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by OmoBendel24: 9:40pm On Dec 19, 2017
aamey15:
About 4,000 in total.. but I don't think they do it anymore...a friend said they had stopped the package

Well, well, well.... Congrats! Genuinely, though not a VO, by normal assessment; from your first post, the transcript and now this (a scheme of this nature I think some years ago messed peeps up previous year seriously), so much negatives that one would have expected some sort of refusal, but then you got approved. Spectacular, congrats once more!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ladeonas: 4:45am On Dec 20, 2017
ogekad:
Hello everyone,
I am a silent reader, I got into DFW on the 29th of Oct., the queue was something else. I almost collapsed. I went through the first stage where you will do passport reading.

Then I processed to pick my luggage and face the CBP guy.

CBP: How long are you here for?
Me: Till Christmas
CBP: You're pregnant?
Me: Yes
CBP: Do you have family?
Me Yes
CBP: place your finger here.
CPB: Do you have food
Me: yes. The guy stamped me in for 6 months. Nothing was checked nor ceased.

POE was breeze, I am sitting pretty and waiting for my LO. Please pray for me and the day drwas really close. My doctor wanted to induce labor but I refused and my due date is still far away.

Please any Dallas mum in the house, boredom is killing me here.

God bless...

you have a doctor u are using ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dere5: 5:39am On Dec 20, 2017
aamey15:
Hello Everyone,
So hubby, my son and I just got our Visa approved today but ehn it wasn't easy oo...

I'm so,so happy for you,favour found you. I must confess after reading your first post,I was one of those that though that you had an almost impossible task ahead of you convincing the VO that you didn't know that you were pregnant when you got the visa, because that's the line a lot of people use after intentionally lying during interview, but I guess God saw your honest heart and granted you favour. Not a common occurrence at all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Weperwema: 6:54am On Dec 20, 2017
Hello ,DW is trying to help get an appointment with Cook County Hospital in Chicago but has been difficult.
Can you help out with contact of your Dr. Here is my email...bluemoon1759@yahoo.com

ote author=aamey15 post=63427565]Hello Everyone,
So hubby, my son and I just got our Visa approved today but ehn it wasn't easy oo...
Find below the conversation between us and the VO
VO: Hello good afternoon, sorry for keeping you waiting
Hubby: Its fine thank you
VO: Can I have your passports please
Hubby: Gave him
VO: he looked through it and was like okay, where are you going to, how long will you be dere for and where will you be staying
Hubby: 2 week, Chicago and with my uncle
VO: I See you travelled in November last year why and for how long
Hubby: Stated everything( hubby for 2 weeks and myself and son for 4 month- We went for a family vacation and we stayed back to have my daughter
VO: At your interview in June 2015 you said you were going for 2 weeks and not seeking medical attention
Hubby: At the time we didn't know we were pregnant as i was still breastfeeding my son..so we just wanted to go for holiday. When we found out I fell ill and couldn't travel so we all decided to travel in November and I sent a change of Intent to notify the ambassy
VO: WELL THE CHANGE OF INTENT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE
me: Oh really.. i didn't know
VO: When did you have your daughter
Me: xx feb 2016
VO: Counting the number of months with his fingers to reconfirm what I said( At this point I was thing chai wahala dey o)
Where did you have you daughter and can i have her passport pls
Me: Cook county hospital John Stroger
VO: Can I have proof of that please
Me: Hands over all receipts, zero balance and invoices
VO: Who was your doctor
Me: Dr xxxxx, then I handed over the records of all my antenatal visits with her ( I kept everything oo thank God)
VO: Looks through the receipts and exclaimed whao so expensive, what about the dr's fee..
Me: I explained that it was all encompassing( John stronger has a package for self pay.. I dunno if they have anymore but the cost was about small for dr, birth and pead so I showed him the breakdown)..in my mind I was like expensive ke... great bargain oo.. I just kept quiet
VO: Kept on writing and writing. he asked hubby and my self what we do and where we work..
Hubby and I answered
VO: Where else have you travelled to:
Hubby: Hajj last year,
VO: Asked me if I went with him..
Me: I said I didn't coz I was still breast feeding my daughter at the time...
VO: OKAY.. typed for another like 3 -4mins...
Handed over our documents and said we should pick our visa..
VO: Please when next you are going to birth abroad please you need to get a medical visa, the change of intent does not go into your individual files do we don't have records of such.Sending it does not make a difference you have to schedule a new interview for medical visa
Me and Hubby: Okay we will do
Thank God we got it oo.. glad I said the truth and I am truly happy.

quote author=aamey15 post=63362716]Hello everyone,
Please i need you advise. I travelled in nov 2015 and had my baby in Cook county hospital Chicago. In February 2016. left USA in march 2016. When i got the visa i didnt know i was pregnant.. was probably 1 and half months gone ..so when we eventually pregnant and decided to travel to have my daughter i sent a change of intent stating i was travelling with my son(a year snd half) and hubby. At POE we stated that i was gonna stay for 4 montha and hubby was staying for 2 weeks(he had a training). Paid all my bills and got receipts before i left
This year hubby and i changed jobs and all so we just applied to renew our visa (dropbox)since we both have not been able to travel... now they have invited all of us for a face to face interview.. i dunno y oo..
Please can anyone advise me... thank you[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 20, 2017
I was actually commenting on how inexpensive it was.

LagosNIV

aamey15:
Really, I guess its just his opinion, cz In my mind I was like.. this aint expensive at all.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dere5: 8:32am On Dec 20, 2017
LagosNIV:
LagosNIV

My thoughts exactly.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Fyorgyn: 9:00am On Dec 20, 2017
LagosNIV:

LagosNIV

Hehehe... aamey15

You were interviewed by our very own LagosNIV...

Yay... I think the next time I go for interview I will ask for our Nairaland VO and get an autograph.

LagosNIV thanks for all you do here.

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by hotlarry(m): 11:37am On Dec 20, 2017
I want to say a big thank u to this forum, my wife had her Houston POE experience early this morning and everything went well. All thanks to God and the forum.

Details coming later when I get it.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by aamey15: 11:45am On Dec 20, 2017
Thank you...i am truly happy...i said the truth and God saw me through it all.

OmoBendel24:

Well, well, well.... Congrats! Genuinely, though not a VO, by normal assessment; from your first post, the transcript and now this (a scheme of this nature I think some years ago messed peeps up previous year seriously), so much negatives that one would have expected some sort of refusal, but then you got approved. Spectacular, congrats once more!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by aamey15: 11:48am On Dec 20, 2017
OMG really...whao... whao whao...i dont even know what to say

Fyorgyn:

Hehehe... aamey15

Yay... I think the next time I go for interview I will ask for our Nairaland VO and get an autograph.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by aamey15: 11:49am On Dec 20, 2017
OMG really...whao ..i dont even know what to say

Fyorgyn:

Hehehe... aamey15

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ALADE4J2: 11:51am On Dec 20, 2017
Long post caveat!
So DW and I got our visas approved. She had earlier applied alone but was denied. I had to therefore apply with her, eventhough I still had a valid visa. Because from the interview she had, it seemed the VO had a problem with my monthly income as she asked her again and again about my salary after she had reviewed my previous DS 160 application which I filled to get my current visa. It turned out, when I checked the DS 160, that I did not update my salary information the last time I applied; as I just copied the information from my previous application. The salary figure there was the one I was earning like 5 years ago; and it’s like 25% of my current salary! Lesson 1, always update your DS 160 information correctly, even when you are copying from previous applications.

The first emergency request we made was made under my profile, and was denied with an explanation that applicants who are traveling for the purpose of taking care of pregnant relatives are not eligible for expedited interview. We therefore made another emergency interview request with the same supporting documents using DW’s profile; and was granted. Lesson 2, when making an expedited interview request, apply under your wife’s profile, even when you are the sponsor.

Interview:
We met a very good and professional VO who, seeing the size of DW’s stomach, informed her that she could sit down if she wanted with a smile.

VO: good morning, passport please.
Me and DW: good morning (dropped passports)
VO: why are you going to the US
me: for child birth because of my wife medical history and previous negative experience with medical personnel in Nigeria that is making us scared ( and this is the truth).
VO to DW: where do you work?
DW: I work with ........
VO: how much is your monthly income?
DW: my monthly income is .....
VO: what does this organization do?
DW: (she explained)
VO to me: where do you work?
Me: I work with..... as ......?
VO: what is your monthly income?
Me: my monthly income is ......
VO: how long have you been working with this organization?
Me: (told him)
VO: You have previously worked with (mentioned my former office); as what?
Me: (told him my functions in my former office).
VO: Have you been to the U.S before?
Me: Yes
VO: How many times?
Me: 5 times
VO: what for?
Me: All the trips were for work related trainings?
VO: what is the longest time you have ever spent in the U.S.?
Me: 2 weeks.
VO to DW: how long are you planning to stay?
DW: 2 months ( cuts in and told him I will be staying for 3 weeks)
VO to DW: do you have any relatives in Houston?
DW: no.
VO: do you have any other children?
Me: yes, 2 children.
VO: are you traveling with them?
Me: no.
VO: when is your due date?
DW: February
VO: are you sure the airline will allow you to board? (really DW’s stomach is very big)
Me: yes, up to the 35th week of pregnancy.
VO: do you have an estimate for this trip?
Me: yes, (passed the budget sheet together with correspondences with Dr F and OakBend to him)
VO: (reviewing the budget sheet and correspondences) how did you know this doctor?
Me: from research, and we spoke with a couple of people that have used him.
VO: your visas have been approved (passed us the instructions for picking them).

Lesson 3, always tell the truth. The VOs are just there to do their work.

I thank God first of all. Thank you to all the mamas and papas in this forum. Special thanks to Omodadi, Li, Mamao and nerftitiram. I’m sorry for the long post; just wanted to help folks avoid the mistakes we made.

P.S. DW has never travelled outside the country before.

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by aamey15: 11:52am On Dec 20, 2017
Thank you. I am just too happy.. Honesty is key and i am thankful to God.

dere5:

I'm so,so happy for you,favour found you. I must confess after reading your first post,I was one of those that though that you had an almost impossible task ahead of you convincing the VO that you didn't know that you were pregnant when you got the visa, because that's the line a lot of people use after intentionally lying during interview, but I guess God saw your honest heart and granted you favour. Not a common occurrence at all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ALADE4J2: 12:35pm On Dec 20, 2017
Pls anybody with information on how to get a cheap flight to Houston should let me know oh. Helpa brother I beg. Looking for something under N400,000.00

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ada88: 1:43pm On Dec 20, 2017
Please those that were asked to come for follow up interview. Did you pick up your passport from dhl or did the embassy hold on to it till you had your Interview. I am confused becaise I was called for interview and at the same time receiving mails to come and pick up my passport. Please help
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Omodadi2: 2:42pm On Dec 20, 2017
ada88:
Please those that were asked to come for follow up interview. Did you pick up your passport from dhl or did the embassy hold on to it till you had your Interview. I am confused becaise I was called for interview and at the same time receiving mails to come and pick up my passport. Please help

You will pick your passort at dhl
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by sugah: 2:47pm On Dec 20, 2017
LagosNIV:

LagosNIV

Is this really a problem? Considering the contract clearly stated the cost break-down and the fact that it's only applicable to self-pay patients.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by OnJosh1: 3:27pm On Dec 20, 2017
Hello please dear Oakbend Mummies using or have used Dr E of Hope Women's Clinic.

I've tried severally to reach the office through the number I've always used but I keep getting the voicemail. Can someone please please send me Dr E's contact details. The last time we were able to speak to someone we were told Laurie (Office Manager) no longer worked there and she handled my appointment, etc

My email add is onyinye.cfl@gmail.com

Please it's urgent. Thanks a lot.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Omodadi2: 4:55pm On Dec 20, 2017
OnJosh1:
Hello please dear Oakbend Mummies using or have used Dr E of Hope Women's Clinic.

I've tried severally to reach the office through the number I've always used but I keep getting the voicemail. Can someone please please send me Dr E's contact details. The last time we were able to speak to someone we were told Laurie (Office Manager) no longer worked there and she handled my appointment, etc

My email add is onyinye.cfl@gmail.com

Please it's urgent. Thanks a lot.

Send email, the new person will respond.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Hallos: 6:53pm On Dec 20, 2017
Hello,

Please what email address does one send the change of intent email to?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ladeonas: 7:05pm On Dec 20, 2017
Lanifat84:

Thanks for your response . Have booked the appoitment with Brenda now
God bless

please could you give me brenda's number
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ladeonas: 7:06pm On Dec 20, 2017
ogemele:

Well it takes a while for Dr stimage to respond.
I think you have 2 options.
1. Call Brenda and confirm their position.
2. Walk in to the clinic and book an appointment since the clinic is not far from you.
Best wishes.

please could i have brenda number
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ogemele(m): 7:27pm On Dec 20, 2017
ladeonas:

please could i have brenda number

Pm me. Not sure am permitted to paste it here
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by OnJosh1: 7:31pm On Dec 20, 2017
Omodadi2:

Send email, the new person will respond.

Thanks but done that twice already, no response. Hence my request here.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ogemele(m): 7:34pm On Dec 20, 2017
Chijiuche:
In the spirit of giving back.

I flew Qatar to Houston 2 days ago at 34+6 days. submitted MediF form, Medical certificate 7 days before departure. Got approval after following up via twitter and phone.Thanks everyone for your guidance.

Please where the 2 forms downloaded online or the medical certificate is on your hospital letter head?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ladeonas: 8:01pm On Dec 20, 2017
ogemele:

Pm me. Not sure am permitted to paste it here

sent u pm
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Time2Smile(m): 8:22pm On Dec 20, 2017
sugah:

Is this really a problem? Considering the contract clearly stated the cost break-down and the fact that it's only applicable to self-pay patients.
He didn't say it is a problem. If it was a problem, He probably wouldn't have approved their visas. Probably just a benign observation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.