Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (977788 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dere5: 2:19pm On Dec 05, 2016
chibertha:

wowi didnt know this thanks for the info

The bus fare from JFK to LaGuardia is about $13 or $15 when I used them last year
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 2:55pm On Dec 05, 2016
This confirms what i have been saying my dear.
Send your friend the money to help perhaps

semilore12:
@chloe7 @Hopesprings @chibertha @TeeteeK...I appreciate all responses. so I sent my reservation to my friend in US with my access bank card details and still no luck. Immediately she selected nigeria as the billing address, it gave an error that the search should be done in country of residence. Unfortunately naija is not on the list for that when trying to search....serious headache.
Who has another idea on how to book local flight again abeg, help a sis.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 2:58pm On Dec 05, 2016
wow i will highlight this infomation in red and bold it the save it for future use.
Very many thanks for this

boldinc:
What's your itinerary?

I just tried using cheapflights.com.ng and realized they charge in Naira for local flights within the US.

Got a one way ticket from JFK to Washington for as low at N30k (One way).

This might work for you and every others here... All the best!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by igetam: 6:42pm On Dec 05, 2016
Hi, is this for vacation or child birth? Cuz the time seems so short.. 3 weeks.

Just asking

chloe7:

I want to depart lagos on the 25th January to IAH and return on the 15th February.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 05, 2016
igetam:
Hi, is this for vacation or child birth? Cuz the time seems so short.. 3 weeks.

Just asking

No o, it's for vacay

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Fyorgyn: 10:07pm On Dec 05, 2016
Chei... Chloe7
I want to be like you when I grow up oh... Vacation in this recession... tongue

In other news, I had my baby last week at St.Francis LA.

Mama and Baby are fine.

23 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Davidandgo: 10:12pm On Dec 05, 2016
Have you tried Etihad? they fly directly to IAD or you can opt for the connecting flight via JFK. They are also relatively cheaper than Emirates.

boldinc:
You are right... I am being patient as well for a flight to IAD at the end of January...

God help us all!

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 05, 2016
Fyorgyn:
Chei... Chloe7

Mama and Baby are fine.

Congratulations mama, Hmmm I haven't used this visa since I got it o, and I have some days off during that period, and ticket prices are usually low January let me just take advantage and go with my baby and hubby will come to join

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chirolechick: 5:29am On Dec 06, 2016
Congrats dear, God's protection over you and your LO

Fyorgyn:
Chei... Chloe7

Mama and Baby are fine.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kgodie: 6:58am On Dec 06, 2016
Hawtmom post

Finally entered Houston yesterday. Coming with my POE story wen i haff rest finish[/quote].

Nice one Hawtmom. We're still waiting to read ur POE experience. I hope to land there next month with biggi belle.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by boldinc(m): 9:01am On Dec 06, 2016
Thanks. Qatar is actually the best right now to IAD at N369k

Davidandgo:
Have you tried Etihad? they fly directly to IAD or you can opt for the connecting flight via JFK. They are also relatively cheaper than Emirates.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by quin9(f): 12:39pm On Dec 06, 2016
semilore12:
@chloe7 @Hopesprings @chibertha @TeeteeK...I appreciate all responses. so I sent my reservation to my friend in US with my access bank card details and still no luck. Immediately she selected nigeria as the billing address, it gave an error that the search should be done in country of residence. Unfortunately naija is not on the list for that when trying to search....serious headache.

Call them and pay over the phone,but be ready for a long wait time,that was how I did mine,American Airlines too

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 06, 2016
Many congrats @Fyorygyn on ur lo's birth.may God bless and keep u both. I'm using same facility in January,coming into LA next week. If it's not too much to ask pls can you share a little more details on ur whole st Francis and dr M's experience?ni know others have shared though but reading one more personal experience won't hurt right now. No pressure sis, regards.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by gaby22: 12:46pm On Dec 06, 2016
oniwoski:
Jst remembered this....pls i am houston bound...how is the weather like lately for those already in houston as i will be travelling with my bout 3yr old toddler this weekend and me self dey fear cold.....also is it easy getting a daycare for toddlers? I am using houston northwest medical center....jst incase i have posted my interview transcript ooo.....good mamas in d house
please am using sAme hospital but my due date will be first week of march or last week of February please help with accomodation and paediatrician detail...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by quin9(f): 1:01pm On Dec 06, 2016
My missionary journey ended 17th of Nov,I used WHMC
Dr- 2600 (includes lab)
Scan- 250(still can't get over it) shocked
Hospital- 3000
Hearing test- 163
Lab (mother and child)- 117
Peadiatrician - 261(2days hospital stay)
Birth certificate- 23
American passport- 163
I used visa on arrival $200 and 50k to process from Abuja crap,DH had to go to the airport to sort that.
I flew Ethiopian air with no regrets,bassinet was available, added baby for $90,they give one 23kg extra bag for infant+car seat and stroller.
ASKY for the Lome to Lagos leg is like Danfo but what do I care? It's just for 30mins.
Shout out to all the mommas keeping it real here
God bless you all
#2016nairalandalumni

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by coolcathy(f): 1:34pm On Dec 06, 2016
Topboyz5:
From JFK, you can take a bus to La Guardia airport NY, There is direct to Houston from La Guardia. Its like a local wing of JFK.

Dats true...20mins drive from jfk to LaGuardia. Used d route last weekend to Houston.POE coming soon

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oniwoski: 2:14pm On Dec 06, 2016
gaby22:
please am using sAme hospital but my due date will be first week of march or last week of February please help with accomodation and paediatrician detail...
When are u likely to enter the US
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by herrik066: 3:04pm On Dec 06, 2016
Is that 9hrs JFK to Chicago?

boldinc:
it's about N30k for one way n the 29th of December...

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by desoul: 3:37pm On Dec 06, 2016
Fyorgyn:
Chei... Chloe7

Mama and Baby are fine.

congratulations...may GOD bless your LO
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by boldinc(m): 4:28pm On Dec 06, 2016
Yea... 2 stops. But there are shorter flights.

herrik066:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chanbaby: 5:24pm On Dec 06, 2016
I'm here with my dear husband's visa interview transcript. It all ended with praise to God indeed our CASE IS DIFFERENT
Vo: good morning
DH: good morning
Vo: why are do u want to going to the US
DH: to witness the birth of my first child and to help my wife.
Vo: Do u have a copy of ur wife's visa
DH: yes
Vo: can I see it
DH: passed the copy to her
Then she typed for sometime
Vo: where do u work?
DH: I work in bleep company
Vo: pick up ur visa in 3working days
My DH was so amazed at the few questions asked.

Pls I really need help with dollar. Will be travelling on Thursday and haven't gotten dollar yet. Went to international airport today all th bureau d change said they don't have pls help a sister. I know my God will show up for me.

Happy Shiloh to my winners Brothers and
sisters.

14 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by XX01(f): 5:56pm On Dec 06, 2016
Amother4life:

Thank you . I Look forward to the information.

firsttymum:
$100 shocked shocked

Please quote me when u do

Sorry, misinformation. It's still the same price.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dere5: 7:53pm On Dec 06, 2016
herrik066:

JFK to Chicago,9hrs ke? When nor be arik air from Lagos to New York
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ddoy2003: 8:55pm On Dec 06, 2016
Good evening mamas and papas. Please a quick one! Is there a restriction of a pregnant woman flying within Us at any particular time eg flying from one state to another say at 34 weeks . Thank u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by semilore12: 10:09pm On Dec 06, 2016
Hehehhe...after I read ur comment, I quickly put more than enough airtime on my phone and called them. It was a long wait but my sister...it was successful. I bought my ticket already oh. I sincerely appreciate everyone that responded to me. You are all wonderful,the 'kain' joy we dey my head now ehn, I was even able to save a lot because access charged 325. Thank u oooooo, may God send helpers to u all even before u call for it. Thank you! Thank you!
quin9:

Call them and pay over the phone,but be ready for a long wait time,that was how I did mine,American Airlines too

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by funmikay: 10:30pm On Dec 06, 2016
coolcathy:

Dats true...20mins drive from jfk to LaGuardia. Used d route last weekend to Houston.POE coming soon

Did you buy ticket from the LaGuardia airport or you bought ahead. If you bought ahead,how did you sort out the payment

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ozycy: 10:54pm On Dec 06, 2016
semilore12:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ozycy: 11:01pm On Dec 06, 2016
Fyorgyn:
Chei... Chloe

Mama and Baby are fine.

Congratulations
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Gagat: 12:13am On Dec 07, 2016
Thanks for this useful info, God bless you ma'am

Ddoy2003:

Normal delivery 3000 with two days hospital stay
C section 4500 with three to five days hospital stay
700 for well baby
850 for epidural for cs and 650 for normal delivery
However a doctor was chosen for me cost of is service 3200 for normal delivery and 3800 for cs
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by manlikegb: 12:31am On Dec 07, 2016
semilore12:
Ticket is $120, Access bank does 200 monthly so i tried to pay with access bank card.

quote author=chloe7 post=51639680]
GTB does $100 max a month, how much is the ticket you were tryna purchase maybe the price no gree card work?

@semilore12 please is the access bank card you mentioned the normal access bank visa card? And also, the american airline ticket you got, is it for local flights within the US? Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by spindomer: 1:03am On Dec 07, 2016
I wish to give birth in USA

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.