Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,020 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (978283 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by semilore12: 11:32pm On Dec 04, 2016
Thanks, i will give that a shot though i dont think it has to do with the limit but the airline site itself. They probably dont accept cards from naija

chloe7:

Call the customer service they'll redirect to card services to ask what's up
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TeeteeK: 3:38am On Dec 05, 2016
I have used access debit card to purchase a ticket of $124 on American airline website while I was in the US. Maybe it's rejecting cos you re in Nigeria.
semilore12:
Thanks, i will give that a shot though i dont think it has to do with the limit but the airline site itself. They probably dont accept cards from naija

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 7:39am On Dec 05, 2016
ozycy:
Ticket matter!!!
How do I get a DIRECT flight from Lagos to Atlanta using Delta Airline from 2nd week of January to 3rd week of March. One adult and a baby(1yr old). What am seeing is almost 1.1M same with agent. Any help how to go about it. The price is totally outrageous

My dear I advice you take other cheaper airlines eg arik
the main thing na to get to yankee even if you trekk or use okada

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 7:45am On Dec 05, 2016
TeeteeK:
I have used access debit card to purchase a ticket of $124 on American airline website while I was in the US. Maybe it's rejecting cos you re in Nigeria.
How is the card supposed to determine your location? A naija card is a naija card, and how long ago was this?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 7:45am On Dec 05, 2016
wowi didnt know this thanks for the info
Topboyz5:
From JFK, you can take a bus to La Guardia airport NY, There is direct to Houston from La Guardia. Its like a local wing of JFK.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 7:45am On Dec 05, 2016
chibertha:

My dear I advice you take other cheaper airlines eg arik
the main thing na to get to yankee even if you trekk or use okada
Lmaooooooo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 7:51am On Dec 05, 2016
Even when we could still use our cards abroad it doesnt work they always prefare cards with oyibo land billing addresses
semilore12:
Please has anyone bought American Airlines ticket using our naija card before. I just tried but no luck......I need help abeg, it's urgent. My booking expires in a few hours

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 05, 2016
chibertha:
Even when we could still use our cards abroad it doesnt work they always prefare cards with oyibo land billing addresses
Exactly what I was going to write, the billing address matters a lot, once it's a naija card the billing address is a naija billing address, the best alternative now is PayPal

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 8:03am On Dec 05, 2016
but if you have a forex account with any of the foreign banks in Nigeria try them e.g standard chartered and stanbic ibtc try using them
chloe7:

Exactly what I was going to write, the billing address matters a lot, once it's a naija card the billing address is a naija billing address, the best alternative now is PayPal

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Hopesprings: 9:56am On Dec 05, 2016
chloe7:

How is the card supposed to determine your location? A naija card is a naija card, and how long ago was this?

Not the card but the website, some websites won't let you make a purchase if the computer IP address is in Nigeria no matter what card you use.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ddoy2003: 11:15am On Dec 05, 2016
Gagat:

Pls what's the latest cost estimate for VD and CS from St Bernard hospital? Did you get to choose your Dr and what's his bill for VD and CS?

Normal delivery 3000 with two days hospital stay
C section 4500 with three to five days hospital stay
700 for well baby
850 for epidural for cs and 650 for normal delivery
However a doctor was chosen for me cost of is service 3200 for normal delivery and 3800 for cs

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by semilore12: 12:23pm On Dec 05, 2016
@chloe7 @Hopesprings @chibertha @TeeteeK...I appreciate all responses. so I sent my reservation to my friend in US with my access bank card details and still no luck. Immediately she selected nigeria as the billing address, it gave an error that the search should be done in country of residence. Unfortunately naija is not on the list for that when trying to search....serious headache.
Who has another idea on how to book local flight again abeg, help a sis.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by boldinc(m): 12:37pm On Dec 05, 2016
What's your itinerary?

I just tried using cheapflights.com.ng and realized they charge in Naira for local flights within the US.

Got a one way ticket from JFK to Washington for as low at N30k (One way).

This might work for you and every others here... All the best!

semilore12:
@chloe7 @Hopesprings @chibertha @TeeteeK...I appreciate all responses. so I sent my reservation to my friend in US with my access bank card details and still no luck. Immediately she selected nigeria as the billing address, it gave an error that the search should be done in country of residence. Unfortunately naija is not on the list for that when trying to search....serious headache.
Who has another idea on how to book local flight again abeg, help a sis.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by boldinc(m): 12:40pm On Dec 05, 2016
For those traveling soon that got deals to JFK or IAD... 'cheapflights.com.ng' has got great deals for local flights in the US and they bill in Naira.

I bumped into it just now while trying to book my flight from Washington to Atlanta. Got a deal for N18k.

In my bid to keep giving back, this is a big breather for everyone here...

All the best guys!

14 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by boldinc(m): 12:42pm On Dec 05, 2016
Ethiopian Airline has got a great deal to NewYork for N299k, I think about mid January... you can jump on this and get a local flight to your final destination.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 05, 2016
boldinc:
What's your itinerary?

I just tried using cheapflights.com.ng and realized they charge in Naira for local flights within the US.

Got a one way ticket from JFK to Washington for as low at N30k (One way).

This might work for you and every others here... All the best!

Thank you so much, I put in my itinerary on the cheap flights website I got 546k Lmao!!!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 05, 2016
boldinc:
For those traveling soon that got deals to JFK or IAD... 'cheapflights.com.ng' has got great deals for local flights in the US and they bill in Naira.

I bumped into it just now while trying to book my flight from Washington to Atlanta. Got a deal for N18k.

In my bid to keep giving back, this is a big breather for everyone here...

All the best guys!
I want to depart lagos on the 25th January to IAH and return on the 15th February.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by boldinc(m): 1:26pm On Dec 05, 2016
Really?

Lemme have the details... Dates and destination.

chloe7:

Thank you so much, I put in my itinerary on the cheap flights website I got 546k Lmao!!!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 05, 2016
Semilore12 can you tell your friend in the US to pay for it for you then you give the person th naira equivalent.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by boldinc(m): 1:31pm On Dec 05, 2016
Oh... I meant for local flights.

You can try flying to JFK or IAD first with either Qatar (N369k) or Egypt air (Sorry, not Ethiopian) for N299k

You can get a flight from IAD to IAH for N37k and from JFK to IAH for N77k

Hope this helps.

chloe7:

I want to depart lagos on the 25th January to IAH and return on the 15th February.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 1:32pm On Dec 05, 2016
boldinc:
Oh... I meant for local flights.

You can try flying to JFK or IAD first with either Qatar (N369k) or Egypt air (Sorry, not Ethiopian) for N299k

You can get a flight from IAD to IAH for N37k and from JFK to IAH for N77k

Hope this helps.

Let me weigh my options but I don't like breaking flights, I dey find cheap flights I still dey do shakara, Lol

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by boldinc(m): 1:32pm On Dec 05, 2016
She can actually book and pay in Naira on that website...

chloe7:
Semilore12 can you tell your friend in the US to pay for it for you then you give the person th naira equivalent.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by boldinc(m): 1:34pm On Dec 05, 2016
Lol...

It's crazy out there so you gotta look for the most affordable way and bear the stress that comes with it. Except of course, you can comfortably afford the faster routes.

Cheapest so far for you is N540k with Emirates...

chloe7:

Let me weigh my options but I don't like breaking flights, I dey find cheap flights I still dey do shakara, Lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 05, 2016
boldinc:

Cc semilore12
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 05, 2016
boldinc:
Lol...

It's crazy out there so you gotta look for the most affordable way and bear the stress that comes with it. Except of course, you can comfortably afford the faster routes.

Cheapest so far for you is N540k with Emirates...

I can't pay 540k o, December ending and January prices usually drop, so i'm hoping for December ending and January beginning then i'll check this Website then
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by boldinc(m): 1:43pm On Dec 05, 2016
You are right... I am being patient as well for a flight to IAD at the end of January...

God help us all!

chloe7:

I can't pay 540k o, December ending and January prices usually drop, so i'm hoping for December ending and January beginning then i'll check this Website then
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by semilore12: 1:51pm On Dec 05, 2016
Thank you oh...itinerary is JFK to chicago for 29th. The site redirected me to the uk booking site. How did u pay in naira? @chloe7, if i have to giver the naira equivalent, it will be at rate of 475 oh....
boldinc:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by boldinc(m): 1:52pm On Dec 05, 2016
29th December?

semilore12:
Thank you oh...itinerary is JFK to chicago for 29th. The site redirected me to the uk booking site. How did u pay in naira? @chloe7, if i have to giver the naira equivalent, it will be at rate of 475 oh....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by semilore12: 1:53pm On Dec 05, 2016
Yes...one way
boldinc:
29th December?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by boldinc(m): 1:54pm On Dec 05, 2016
it's about N30k for one way n the 29th of December...

semilore12:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by boldinc(m): 1:55pm On Dec 05, 2016
Oh I see what you mean...

Looks like you will still need to pay in Dollars. I was also directed to the uk store. Sigh!

semilore12:
Yes...one way
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by semilore12: 2:04pm On Dec 05, 2016
Yeah....that's the ish.
boldinc:
Oh I see what you mean...

Looks like you will still need to pay in Dollars. I was also directed to the uk store. Sigh!

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.