Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Marriage Ceremonies Of The Daughters Of PMB & GEJ: The Difference - By Lawrence - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Marriage Ceremonies Of The Daughters Of PMB & GEJ: The Difference - By Lawrence (67433 Views)

PMB, GEJ, Atiku: Who Would You Entrust With $200B Assets For Your Children? / Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest / I Got Seized N3bn As Gifts During Ceremonies –yakubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Ceremonies Of The Daughters Of PMB & GEJ: The Difference - By Lawrence by Gboliwe: 5:47am On Oct 31, 2016
Both the original poster Lawrence I've and his nairaland representative didn't see this coming.

I laughed at the first response!
Re: Marriage Ceremonies Of The Daughters Of PMB & GEJ: The Difference - By Lawrence by sweetgala(m): 6:12am On Oct 31, 2016
Teacher1776:
What is the joy in giving ur daughter away to a man old enough to be her father?

That is a foolish lie, the man is in his mid fifties while Buhari daughter is in her late 30s or early 40s.

This is still better than what I see in the East where ojukwu married his God daughter he was present when she was born and named

1 Like

Re: Marriage Ceremonies Of The Daughters Of PMB & GEJ: The Difference - By Lawrence by tete7000(m): 6:38am On Oct 31, 2016
saintmark88:

So a presidents daughters wedding should be celebrated as a state function??, u support tht??......u dnt mean it??. I think u need to see a doctor to get ur head examined.

So u support using state funds on a lavish wedding because wedding is fun n should b celebrated. Its pple like u tht have kept us were we r today.

because ur thinking is twisted, riddled with corruption, u like every oda person saying d op is senile n sick....u CNT differentiate bw what is right n wrong anymore.

Its obvious u r a product of 16 yrs of corrupt practices, so wen a lot of pple can't tell what is right from what is wrong anymore, I'm not surprised because 16yrs is enough to twist someone's mind

So that something is celebrated with funfair with dignitaries attending mean it is celebrated as state function? When Tinubu carried people to Milan to celebrate his son's wedding with many serving apc politicians in attendance, is that also state's function. Supposing he has done that wedding in Nigeria,have you thought of how grand that would have been, with lagos state probably playing some part in it, had that happened, would you have said that amounts to state function. Every office has some privillege attach, that some chose to forego the privilege is their choice. It is nothing to be celebrated or to be used to condemn those who enjoy the privilege. Over righteousness and overzealousness na hin dey worry you and that is obvious from the name you gave yourself: Saint Mark -self righteousness personified.. You need to go and check the meaning of state function. If I were a president, I will celebrate my child's wedding in a grand way allowing anyone that wants to attend to attend and it doesnt mean you are purer than me, that I am sure of. Buhari celebrated his daughter wedding weekday while Jonathan wedding was celebrated weekend, that is the reason one attended and the other couldnt attend. It is also the reason probably many serving politicians couldn't attend if they didn't attend and nothing to do with simplicity. You people should stop politicising everything that has Jonathan in it. Let this country move forward. By the way the last time I checked efcc has not opened their probe into the wedding alleging corrupt practice. Akproko!
Re: Marriage Ceremonies Of The Daughters Of PMB & GEJ: The Difference - By Lawrence by aquabeing: 7:11am On Oct 31, 2016
tete7000:

So that something is celebrated with funfair with dignitaries attending mean it is celebrated as state function? When Tinubu carried people to Milan to celebrate his son's wedding with many serving apc politicians in attendance, is that also state's function. Supposing he has done that wedding in Nigeria,have you thought of how grand that would have been, with lagos state probably playing some part in it, had that happened, would you have said that amounts to state function. Every office has some privillege attach, that some chose to forego the privilege is their choice. It is nothing to be celebrated or to be used to condemn those who enjoy the privilege. Over righteousness and overzealousness na hin dey worry you. You need to go and check the meaning of state function. If I were a president, I will celebrate my child's wedding in a grand way allowing anyone that wants to attend to attend and it doesnt mean you are purer than me, that I am sure of. Buhari celebrated his daughter wedding weekday while Jonathan wedding was celebrated weekend, that is the reason one attended and the other couldnt attend. It is also the reason probably many serving politicians couldn't attend if they didn't attend and nothing to do with simplicity. You people should stop politicising everything that has Jonathan in it. Let this country move forward. By the way the last time I checked efcc has not opened their probe into the wedding alleging corrupt practice. Akproko!

Suffering and smiling comment,such a pathetic way to reason .
Re: Marriage Ceremonies Of The Daughters Of PMB & GEJ: The Difference - By Lawrence by Edunwa302(m): 7:16am On Oct 31, 2016
freshness2020:
The difference between the two couple is, one married a brand new husband while the other married a Tokunboh.
Tokunbo ke?, na Nigerian use

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Ceremonies Of The Daughters Of PMB & GEJ: The Difference - By Lawrence by Ifebazz(m): 7:40am On Oct 31, 2016
onomeasike:

https://thenigerian.ng/opinion-change-modesty-leadership-lawrence-ibe/
You are just a paid two-timer who is not worth being paid. Maybe change is supposed to be $1 = N1, no? Or from 10 private jets (after two years) to just 3.
Afoanu.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Ceremonies Of The Daughters Of PMB & GEJ: The Difference - By Lawrence by DTaj: 7:45am On Oct 31, 2016
Reading majority of the comments on this thread, one had to pity the younger generation of Nigerians! That every topic under discussion on major online platforms are riddled with exchange of insults on the basis of religion and ethnicity is an all-time low for Nigeria and its future! God help us!

Now, to those ignorant clowns insulting Fatima Buhari on her wedding to Gimba Yau Kumo, see FACTS below:

1. Fatima Buhari is in her 40s, while her husband is in his 50s (so the daft comment about marrying someone as old as her dad, who is in his 70s is pure fiction).

2. The husband, Gimba Yau Kumo, a management staff at a bank, was appointed MD/CEO of Federal Mortgage Bank Nigeria Limited (FMBNL) by former President Goodluck Jonathan (PDP) in 2011 and he just finished his term last year, just before the 2015 elections.

He had been dating Fatima Buhari even when her father was a member of APC and her husband was serving a PDP Federal Government.

3. Fatima Buhari had a first marriage to a man who was more vicious than a beast!

The former husband almost made her an emotional wreck by being irresponsible, wicked, and inhuman. But for her family members, friends, old schoolmates, old neighbors, etc who prevailed on her to get a divorce, she might have died in that former husband's house because she wanted to stay for the sake of her 4 children in spite of the constant abuse from the husband!

4. Fatima Buhari and her former husband had 4 children together, and unfortunately, the 4 children are ALL sickle cell patients ("sicklers"! To compound the challenge, the former husband was so wicked that he practically abandoned her to her fate even after the divorce proceedings (which Fatima Buhati initiated in order to save her own life).

Right now, she manages the 4 "sickler" children on her own, hopping from one hospital to another.

Any sane human being who have had any encounter with anyone raising a "sickler" child (let alone 4!) would sympathize with Fatima Buhari and not run a vicious tribal and religious hatred on her for no reason!

5. So, talking about being the 4th wife, what do you expect a woman divorcee, in her 40s, with 4 children from her first marriage to be? A fresh-mint bride? People should just mind their business and shut up, because they do not know what those they are unfairly insulting are going through!

People who are close enough to Fatima Buhari are so happy for her to have found love again after that first marriage to that beast of a man, which was effectively a huge mistake!

6. The hate-filled average Nigerian (those on Nairaland and elsewhere) thinks that everyone whose parents have held public offices is corrupt or has benefitted from corruption.

Those who knew Fatima Buhari and her sister from way back in Kaduna and Zaria, would attest to the fact that they are the most humble human beings one could have met (in spite of their father's enormous public service positions- having been Brigade Commander, Minister of Petroleum, Governor of North-Eastern state which is now 6 states combined, General in the Army, Head of State, and now elected President!).

Her classmates and schoolmates at Federal Government College Kaduna would tell you that Fatima Buhari is a complete Nigerian- she has no time for tribal or religious bigotry- she mixed with everyone without any notion of "President's daughter". No wonder, almost 70% of her classmates (Igbos, Hausas, Fulanis, Yorubas, Tivs, Idomas, Ibibios, Bini, Ebiras, Igedes, etc) with whom she had kept in touch through the class alumni meetings (1991 graduating set), attended her wedding! Some travelled from Europe and the US, not because she is Buhari's daughter, but because she is someone they had always had access to, even when the father was a retired General!

7. When politicians, judges, and other members of the elite steal, they steal together (Muslims, Christians, pagans, atheists, traditional worshippers, free thinkers; Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, other tribes; PDP, APC, APGA, Accord, etc) but rather than fight the elite, daft clowns on Nairalans and elsewhere, who can barely afford to feed daily, whose parents struggle to give them sound education, continue to hate on one another and allow the elite to continue to loot by well-spread Federal Character and "Religious and Tribal Character!

Fatima Buhari, may God bless your new home, and enable you forget the trauma of your first marriage (amen). You will continue to be seen as that simple, detribalised, gentle, meek, and humble lady you have always been...

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Ceremonies Of The Daughters Of PMB & GEJ: The Difference - By Lawrence by XtrmeBachelor(m): 8:43am On Oct 31, 2016
send her to the kitchen the bedroom and the other room as well grin

1 Like

Re: Marriage Ceremonies Of The Daughters Of PMB & GEJ: The Difference - By Lawrence by tete7000(m): 8:45am On Oct 31, 2016
aquabeing:

Suffering and smiling comment,such a pathetic way to reason .

Please come up with sensible argument not some comment from a dejected mind you just posted. I didn't tell you I am suffering, you must have been looking at life from your suffering perspective. They say we see life through our own lens.
Re: Marriage Ceremonies Of The Daughters Of PMB & GEJ: The Difference - By Lawrence by onomeasike: 8:47am On Oct 31, 2016
Ifebazz:

You are just a paid two-timer who is not worth being paid. Maybe change is supposed to be $1 = N1, no? Or from 10 private jets (after two years) to just 3.
Afoanu.

Re: Marriage Ceremonies Of The Daughters Of PMB & GEJ: The Difference - By Lawrence by exclusive7(m): 8:51am On Oct 31, 2016
Produke:
Wat do u xpect from d marriage of a fourth wife?
Jesus!!... brother yhu haa a killer...
hoo my God embarassed
Re: Marriage Ceremonies Of The Daughters Of PMB & GEJ: The Difference - By Lawrence by egobetatoday: 9:18am On Oct 31, 2016
Buhari went to 'attend to issues of national importance' but since that saturday up till today a bag of rice is still 23k, every other thing is still expensive. what is the use not attending the wedding then? for the sake of propaganda? His propaganda will not work and has never worked. What other presidents couldnt do in several yrs Buhari achieved in just one yr. A bowl of gari used to be 200 now 450. Attending to national issues my foot. The writer is definitely thinking from his anus.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Ceremonies Of The Daughters Of PMB & GEJ: The Difference - By Lawrence by Andrella51(f): 10:54am On Oct 31, 2016
so after attending a world class university, only to end up being a fourth wife, I tire oh
Re: Marriage Ceremonies Of The Daughters Of PMB & GEJ: The Difference - By Lawrence by Igolasko: 11:07am On Oct 31, 2016
The most important rites in man life are birth , marriage and death.Each race has way of celebrating them depending on their cultural background .This doesn't take away of evolution of culture.
The two people you are comparing here are from two different cultural background. It behold on you to respect each other culture .No culture is better than other .Buhari that gave out her daughter as fourth wives to a man that can be her father is their culture .If view in christian culture marriage suicide and primitive.That is their culture of marriage.Whose culture refuses to change to the tide of civilization.
For GJ giving out daughter for marriage is worth to be celebrated as his culture permit . I didn't know whether this writer was alive by the time Prince of England married ? What can you say to that ?

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Ceremonies Of The Daughters Of PMB & GEJ: The Difference - By Lawrence by Angelahoney: 11:22am On Oct 31, 2016
Produke:
Wat do u xpect from d marriage of a fourth wife?

Thank you jare !!
Re: Marriage Ceremonies Of The Daughters Of PMB & GEJ: The Difference - By Lawrence by Angelahoney: 11:25am On Oct 31, 2016
Igolasko:
The most important rites in man life are birth , marriage and death.Each race has way of celebrating them depending on their cultural background .This doesn't take away of evolution of culture.
The two people you are comparing here are from two different cultural background. It behold on you to respect each other culture .No culture is better than other .Buhari that gave out her daughter as fourth wives to a man that can be her father is their culture .If view in christian culture marriage suicide and primitive.That is their culture of marriage.Whose culture refuses to change to the tide of civilization.
For GJ giving out daughter for marriage is worth to be celebrated as his culture permit . I didn't know whether this writer was alive by the time Prince of England married? What can you say to that ?

He probably wasn't born then. Sometimes, I wonder the wsy some people think.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Ceremonies Of The Daughters Of PMB & GEJ: The Difference - By Lawrence by Angelahoney: 11:28am On Oct 31, 2016
freshness2020:
The difference between the two couple is, one married a brand new husband while the other married a Tokunboh.

grin wink grin cheesy
Re: Marriage Ceremonies Of The Daughters Of PMB & GEJ: The Difference - By Lawrence by ideynl1: 11:39am On Oct 31, 2016
sweetgala:

That is a foolish lie, the man is in his mid fifties while Buhari daughter is in her late 30s or early 40s.

This is still better than what I see in the East where ojukwu married his God daughter he was present when she was born and named

You're right. Buhari's daughter marriage as a 4th wife is still better than the paedophile Emir of Daura getting married to his grand daughter.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Ceremonies Of The Daughters Of PMB & GEJ: The Difference - By Lawrence by Peace2love: 11:50am On Oct 31, 2016
Do you know that President Buhari's daughter got married last Friday (28/10/2016) in Daura, but the President stayed back in Abuja to attend to issues of national importance? He later joined them in the night to meet with guests and flew back to Abuja early Saturday morning to continue his work.

Family is everyone primary assignment, every other things are secondary. When God created Adam, he made him a family man first. The way you honour your family may differ from the way I chose to honour my family. I see nothing wrong with the way both GEJ & GMB celebrated their daughters marriage minding the cultural differences, but my opinion is this what worth doing is worth doing well. Non nonchalant attitude towards family should not be mistaken to modestly at the same time extravagance too does not show how much you care for your family. You can give without love, but you can't love without giving; time, material etc

1 Like

Re: Marriage Ceremonies Of The Daughters Of PMB & GEJ: The Difference - By Lawrence by PentiumProf: 11:56am On Oct 31, 2016
It's that an achievement
Are you including this among buhari achievements
Zombies are getting worse by the day

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Ceremonies Of The Daughters Of PMB & GEJ: The Difference - By Lawrence by sholavictor(m): 12:16pm On Oct 31, 2016
I do not see the reason why some people can't keep their mouth shout! Is it bad for a woman to become the fourth wife? Please let the woman to be.What we should be doing is to pray for her and long life marriage.Thanks
Re: Marriage Ceremonies Of The Daughters Of PMB & GEJ: The Difference - By Lawrence by Codes151(m): 12:28pm On Oct 31, 2016
This post should been titled "the difference beteeen two tribes"
Re: Marriage Ceremonies Of The Daughters Of PMB & GEJ: The Difference - By Lawrence by nkemdave(m): 2:27pm On Oct 31, 2016
onomeasike:

https://thenigerian.ng/opinion-change-modesty-leadership-lawrence-ibe/

Please Onomeasike when getting married, let yours be like that of PMB not Goodluck undecided
As for me, I would want my daughters & sons wedding to be better than that of Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Ceremonies Of The Daughters Of PMB & GEJ: The Difference - By Lawrence by nellyelitz(m): 8:55pm On Oct 31, 2016
first wife vs fourth wife

the difference is clear grin
Re: Marriage Ceremonies Of The Daughters Of PMB & GEJ: The Difference - By Lawrence by sweetgala(m): 10:00pm On Oct 31, 2016
ideynl1:

You're right. Buhari's daughter marriage as a 4th wife is still better than the paedophile Emir of Daura getting married to his grand daughter.

I've never heard of that one ooh, sound very fictitious to me
Re: Marriage Ceremonies Of The Daughters Of PMB & GEJ: The Difference - By Lawrence by Justiceleague1: 10:57pm On Oct 31, 2016
kodded:

rubbish

Jonathan daughter university smiley

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1278431_University-of-Calabar-_gate_jpga90a218085fff20e50cdd565b51ccdc1[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1278432_New_library_jpg40e8606cba85248a65749c5e09cd574a

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1278433_Unical_libray_aqain_jpg9760b29815ce99c93364214ee797949e

buhari daughter university undecided angry

[img]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/education/2016/04/14/surrey-small_trans++qVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.jpg[/img]

brilliant summation..
Most Nigerians are mumus..easijy deceived.
When the other buhari kids who schooled in expensive schools abroad wanna get married and post 'simple' pics,mumu hungry zoogerians will call it 'humility at its peak'..op only suceeded in displaying gross ignorance and gullibilty. What a shame

1 Like

Re: Marriage Ceremonies Of The Daughters Of PMB & GEJ: The Difference - By Lawrence by Justiceleague1: 11:02pm On Oct 31, 2016
sholavictor:
I do not see the reason why some people can't keep their mouth shout! Is it bad for a woman to become the fourth wife? Please let the woman to be.What we should be doing is to pray for her and long life marriage.Thanks
that aint the question,you should've asked the op if gej's daughter was a crime as he is portraying it to be?
Re: Marriage Ceremonies Of The Daughters Of PMB & GEJ: The Difference - By Lawrence by Justiceleague1: 11:20pm On Oct 31, 2016
DTaj:
Reading majority of the comments on this thread, one had to pity the younger generation of Nigerians! That every topic under discussion on major online platforms are riddled with exchange of insults on the basis of religion and ethnicity is an all-time low for Nigeria and its future! God help us!

Now, to those ignorant clowns insulting Fatima Buhari on her wedding to Gimba Yau Kumo, see FACTS below:

1. Fatima Buhari is in her 40s, while her husband is in his 50s (so the daft comment about marrying someone as old as her dad, who is in his 70s is pure fiction).

2. The husband, Gimba Yau Kumo, a management staff at a bank, was appointed MD/CEO of Federal Mortgage Bank Nigeria Limited (FMBNL) by former President Goodluck Jonathan (PDP) in 2011 and he just finished his term last year, just before the 2015 elections.

He had been dating Fatima Buhari even when her father was a member of APC and her husband was serving a PDP Federal Government.

3. Fatima Buhari had a first marriage to a man who was more vicious than a beast!

The former husband almost made her an emotional wreck by being irresponsible, wicked, and inhuman. But for her family members, friends, old schoolmates, old neighbors, etc who prevailed on her to get a divorce, she might have died in that former husband's house because she wanted to stay for the sake of her 4 children in spite of the constant abuse from the husband!

4. Fatima Buhari and her former husband had 4 children together, and unfortunately, the 4 children are ALL sickle cell patients ("sicklers"! To compound the challenge, the former husband was so wicked that he practically abandoned her to her fate even after the divorce proceedings (which Fatima Buhati initiated in order to save her own life).

Right now, she manages the 4 "sickler" children on her own, hopping from one hospital to another.

Any sane human being who have had any encounter with anyone raising a "sickler" child (let alone 4!) would sympathize with Fatima Buhari and not run a vicious tribal and religious hatred on her for no reason!

5. So, talking about being the 4th wife, what do you expect a woman divorcee, in her 40s, with 4 children from her first marriage to be? A fresh-mint bride? People should just mind their business and shut up, because they do not know what those they are unfairly insulting are going through!

People who are close enough to Fatima Buhari are so happy for her to have found love again after that first marriage to that beast of a man, which was effectively a huge mistake!

6. The hate-filled average Nigerian (those on Nairaland and elsewhere) thinks that everyone whose parents have held public offices is corrupt or has benefitted from corruption.

Those who knew Fatima Buhari and her sister from way back in Kaduna and Zaria, would attest to the fact that they are the most humble human beings one could have met (in spite of their father's enormous public service positions- having been Brigade Commander, Minister of Petroleum, Governor of North-Eastern state which is now 6 states combined, General in the Army, Head of State, and now elected President!).

Her classmates and schoolmates at Federal Government College Kaduna would tell you that Fatima Buhari is a complete Nigerian- she has no time for tribal or religious bigotry- she mixed with everyone without any notion of "President's daughter". No wonder, almost 70% of her classmates (Igbos, Hausas, Fulanis, Yorubas, Tivs, Idomas, Ibibios, Bini, Ebiras, Igedes, etc) with whom she had kept in touch through the class alumni meetings (1991 graduating set), attended her wedding! Some travelled from Europe and the US, not because she is Buhari's daughter, but because she is someone they had always had access to, even when the father was a retired General!

7. When politicians, judges, and other members of the elite steal, they steal together (Muslims, Christians, pagans, atheists, traditional worshippers, free thinkers; Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, other tribes; PDP, APC, APGA, Accord, etc) but rather than fight the elite, daft clowns on Nairalans and elsewhere, who can barely afford to feed daily, whose parents struggle to give them sound education, continue to hate on one another and allow the elite to continue to loot by well-spread Federal Character and "Religious and Tribal Character!

Fatima Buhari, may God bless your new home, and enable you forget the trauma of your first marriage (amen). You will continue to be seen as that simple, detribalised, gentle, meek, and humble lady you have always been...

hypocrite,u came up with this epistle eulogising fatimah and castigating folks who are forced to respond to the op's provocation but not a single word from you to the op whose intent is to paint get's humble daughter's style of wedding in bad light..weldone,hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Ceremonies Of The Daughters Of PMB & GEJ: The Difference - By Lawrence by laudate: 1:02am On Nov 01, 2016
DTaj:

Alright, now we all know the reason for the low-key wedding that Fatima had. undecided It was her 2nd marriage, and she already had 4 kids, coupled with the fact that she was going to be a 4th wife. Okay, now... that explains why there was no need for fanfare.

I hope the clueless columnist who originally wrote the piece in a local newspaper, will have the guts to retract his statements comparing the wedding of GEJ's daughter and PMB'S daughter. In short, he goofed big time! angry

May God Almighty heal her children and give them long life!

DTaj:

Er...you will have to forgive them from jumping to that conclusion.
cool When Aisha Buhari, Fatima's step-mum wore an expensive designer wristwatch known as a Cartier Baignoire Folle 18-Carat White Gold Diamond Ladies Watch that cost £34,500 to President Muhammadu Buhari’s inauguration on Friday, May 29 2015, which is valued at =N=10,453, 000 (Ten Million, Four Hundred and Fifty Three Thousand Naira), and we all know she does not have a thriving source of income apart from her husband's salary.....well, then tongues are bound to wag and fingers will be pointed at corruption. Don't you agree? shocked

As for the simplicity of the Buharis, I am waiting for the day that Zahra Buhari will get married. Am sure the expenditure for her wedding, will be far higher than what was spent on Fatima's wedding.
Re: Marriage Ceremonies Of The Daughters Of PMB & GEJ: The Difference - By Lawrence by laudate: 1:33am On Nov 01, 2016
Here are some more details about the First Lady's opulent accessories.

@DTaj, a lot of taxpayers would appreciate it, if Madam Aisha Buhari could disclose the source of her wealth. Maybe then, they would not jump to conclusions about public officials and corruption.

Aisha Buhari Spotted Wearing a £15,000 Chopard Diamond Wristwatch by KINGSLEY KANAYO on September 19, 2016 | Signal Newspapers |

In what appears to be another display of brazen opulence, wife of the President of Nigeria, Mrs. Aisha Buhari has been spotted wearing a £15,000 Chopard Happy Sport 36 MM stainless steel diamonds encrusted watch, raising more questions about the frugality, anti-corruption and man of the people image that got her husband elected as President of Nigeria in March 2015.

A statement released by her Future Assured pet project via a tweet on Monday contained an image of the First Lady and a short message disclosing that she was in New York to meet with United Nations hosted organisation, Stop TB Partnership at the 71st United Nations General Assembly (UNGA 71).

The last time Aisha Buhari visited the United States, she said she was on a visit to hold discussions with aid organizations on how to help the women and children facing starvation in the north eastern part of Nigeria. Her visit was however marred with the scandal of a Hermes Birkin 35cm Porosus Crocodile Gold Hardware Bag worth $105, 000 (over N40 million) which she was carrying as she arrived the United States.

Many questioned the rationale of her fund-raising visit to the United States when the price of her handbag alone is enough to feed thousands of IDPs for months.

In this new visit to the United States, Aisha Buhari is seen wearing a £15,000 Chopard Happy Sport 36 MM stainless steel diamonds encrusted watch. When converted to Nigerian Naira at the current exchange rate of N545 to £1, the wristwatch is worth N8, 175,000.

To fairly appreciate the value of an N8 million wristwatch (yes, wristwatch), N8 million is worth 4 times more than the annual salary of a serving Nigerian minister and twice the amount a minister is entitled to for his/her annual housing allowance.

The Chopard diamond brand has become legendary and famous amongst the world’s wealthiest individuals. Upon purchase, a buyer gets a certificate to authenticate that the diamonds on the watch are not blood diamonds.

Breaking it further down for those who would dismiss as a non-issue, an N8 million diamonds encrusted wristwatch for the wife of Nigeria’s frugal President who claimed having only 150 cows before his election as President, reports indicate that more than 50 percent of Nigerians live below the international poverty line of $1.25 per day, according to the United Nations.

Coming at a time Nigeria is officially in recession, recall that prior to Buhari’s trip to New York for UNGA, a statement from the Nigerian presidency disclosed that the president would also use the opportunity to scout for investors to invest in Nigeria’s critical sectors. Political analysts however insist that the continued flamboyant spending of the Nigerian government under Buhari sends across the image of a nation that is not in any serious financial or economic crisis.

It gets worse when Nigerian athletes who risked their time, efforts and talents to represent Nigeria at the just concluded Rio 2016 Olympics received what has been described as the worst funding support from the Nigerian government ever. Nigeria’s Minister of Sports Solomon Dalung reportedly announced to distraught Nigerian athletes in Rio the government’s reward of $2,000 (two thousand dollars only) for winning a prestigious Gold medal at the games.

Buhari’s frugal, austere, man of the people image was first diluted when his wife, Aisha, was pictured wearing an expensive-looking watch at her husband’s inauguration in May 2015. The wristwatch, a Cartier Baignoire Folle 18-carat white gold diamond timepiece was estimated to have cost around $50,000 – more than £30,000 or about 17 million Nigerian naira. Report of the development sparked public outrage, making international news headlines. http://www.signalng.com/breaking-aisha-buhari-spotted-wearing-15000-chopard-diamond-wristwatch/
Re: Marriage Ceremonies Of The Daughters Of PMB & GEJ: The Difference - By Lawrence by Nobody: 2:29am On Nov 01, 2016
Dcomrade:
So Some idiots still believe the iPhone propaganda till now? undecided
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4419937_img20161027231008_jpeg28f69e023b559b7a032dabad4d02d554

This picture is that of 'intelleshua yahoo yahoo' who deceived gullible millions to vote for APC, he got alert and entered one nearby club to celebrate.

Omojuwa.
Re: Marriage Ceremonies Of The Daughters Of PMB & GEJ: The Difference - By Lawrence by Pidggin(f): 5:04am On Nov 01, 2016
DTaj:

So how can one compare the fanfare that will involve a marriage between a fresh lady and guy to a marriage involving folks like Buhari's daughter and her husband who have had multiple children and previous marriages?

It's not the same thing and can never be

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Youngest King In Edo State Having A Handshake With GMB / Pictures Of Peter Obi Alighting From ANAP Jet Despite Denial / Sanwo-Olu To Jim Iyke: "You Are A Bad Guy"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.