Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,100 members, 7,811,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Orji Uzor Kalu - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Orji Uzor Kalu (49955 Views)

Orji Uzor Kalu Re-Arraigned By EFCC (Photos) / Orji Uzor-Kalu Hosts James Entwistle And Family At His Residence In Abuja. Photo / Nicole And Olivia Orji Uzor-Kalu's Birthday Party In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 01, 2016
VivianUdeogu:
Orji Uzo Kalu, an Igbo man, wrote an article about we Igbos and the next we Igbos can do is to blame Yoruba. What OUK said is true, we Igbos are the architect of our own misfortune, instead of us to accept responsibility for our own self inflicted woes, we are blaming Yoruna. SMH

YORUBA MAN ...we know you all, claiming Igbo she-male
We did you see Igbo blaming Yoruba, we simply tell them we can never be like them.... we are special and we are diff, we bow to NO MAN

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Orji Uzor Kalu by QuotaSystem: 7:45am On Nov 01, 2016
Princedapace:

Yes, igbos are not getting it well politically but I ask...the other regions that are getting it right politically, what av they gained ? What av they to show for it?

Yes, national politics, igbos are not getting it rightly, and so? Those getting it rightly, what can they show for it?

[b]Really? Even when the answer is hanging right on your nose?

1. Those getting their politics right are not screaming marginalization and victimization all day every day, left right and centre like helpless weaklings .

2. Those getting their politics right are not the ones begging for referendum/freedom every minute like overused slaves due to their inability to compete politically.

3. Those getting their politics right have been able to maintain their dominance of the military, which is the final deadly force in protecting and promoting anyone's national interests.

4. Those getting it right in politics boast of the more public infrastructure like roads, bridges, dams, hospitals etc. than those who don't. It is no news that the SE is the most infrastructurally undeveloped and backward region in the country with its eroded and mostly non existent roads & lack of government infrastructure.

5. Those getting their politics right sit at the top of the list of the wealthiest in the country; from Dangote to Otedola to BUA (Abdulsamad Rabiu) to Adenuga et al. Political influence is needed to excel at certain levels of business.

Don't you ever try to undermine political power and influence, it is a vital and fundamental ingredient to self preservation and promotion, which is why the Yorubas are currently having a better deal than ibos in this country due to their comparatively better political tact. [/b]

13 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 7:51am On Nov 01, 2016
VivianUdeogu:
Nwannem Let us stop deceiving ourselves. Let us tell ourselves the truth: we Igbos have a fundemental problem. Even beyond politics, we also have deep rooted social and ancestral problems too. We hate ourselves passionately, we discriminate: we still practise the Osu caste system. hate, bitterness, tribialism and clannishness thrive very much in Alaigbo. It is just as if we Igbos are cursed

It is you and Your family THAT IS CURSED....
You cant equate a few greedy ppl to the totality of all IGBOs, its ppl like you that is the problem of Igbos

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 01, 2016
Igboid:

Shameless Afonja masquerading under Igbo moniker

When a Yoruba man does for his people as Mmadukaji did for his people in Umuchukwu, Obijackson for Okija people, Ogah for Uturu people, the various Igbo clan development unions for their people, then come and talk to me.https://www.nairaland.com/1875802/most-progressive-rural-communities-igboland
https://www.nairaland.com/2947634/politics-village-town-development-anambra
https://www.nairaland.com/2918096/village-town-development-anambra-state
https://www.nairaland.com/2928369/politics-village-town-development-anambra
https://www.nairaland.com/3203525/godwin-ezeemo-anambra-billionaire-hurry
https://www.nairaland.com/3389218/okija-village-politics-obijackson-vows/1
https://www.nairaland.com/3215044/see-what-coming-up-rural

How many of you Yorubas talk about your villages, you all run to the cities for fear of being "jazzed" or killed by jealous bitter villagers.

I'm sure you are from Ijebu-Igbo. Below is how your people treat their villages.
https://www.nairaland.com/2808925/look-into-hometown-mike-adenuga

Maybe in your particular Ijebu Igbo community people hate themselves. But in mine and numerous other Igbo communities, we all built up our human resources and infrastructures by ourselves using community contribution programs, as our regions had been abandoned by the FG Post civil war. So next time, just limit this your particular rant to your village( Ijebu Igbo) and ask other real Igbo towns for help on how they go about community development.

yeeepa, am seeing painment in ur write up. U say how many yoruba stay in village for fear of being killed by villagers hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Go and read about mc lop. The day he was traveling to his village in igbo land from lagos was his last day on earth. After the innocent boy made it in lagos and tried to go home for his wedding. You ppl didn't even allow him to get close to his home state b4 una tumbled his car and killed him and his sister on the spot. Another man decided not to go home for the rest of his life because he lost one of his children the day he went to village in the east. You said yoruba run to cities, @least they run to their cities and stay within their domain. What about you ppl, you don't even stay in the region, to run to other region for fear of being killed by your village human hunter. Anyone that says the truth from una side is always an afoja. Oponu, I know that orji uzor kalu is now an afonja as well. Bury ur head in shame. Join the ppl dat say the truth for once. Aitete mole, ole e fe mu oloko.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 8:02am On Nov 01, 2016
MrCEO69:
One thing with we igbos, we dnt care if u have money we will mk our own. They the so called elite wan us to worship them, not possible. So na dis orji wey steal 200m or b from his state wan mk we rally around am.. So he will be king above all. Its a No.

But my main problem with my pple is when it comes to money.
Well these can be the result of the civil war. We where rendered poor, so we v to do anything within our power to come out of poverty.

And those fighting themselves here are just stupid, i v neva in my 23yrs of life fight with any state in Nigeria not to talk of SE. Well i think does pple need to be checked to see if they are actually igbos. What is there to compare or fight for? The best/worst govt? Or the most beautiful/ugly? The read igbos or the outcast? What? I still dnt blive that lie.

Orji want pple to follow him, but we were may to v independent mind. And we choose not to follow. This is because of the aftermath of the civil war. Even the current briafra leader can't command respect from us now. No one can.

We just want to be able to wake up and see food on our table, we our kids going to the best school, our wife looking ever beautiful. And we dnt care abt the govt. Forget we sometimes shout marginalization, what are we going to call the civil war then?

So my yoruba/hausa brothers/sisters them this shout be an avenue for u guys to laugh out ur haterate.

In the north, only the elite enjoy life. Same for the west. Which is what the igbo dnt like. U v ur money, i must v my money. I dnt v to wait for u to give me arms.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 8:07am On Nov 01, 2016
RickyTan:

OUK should just shut up there!!!
We are very proud Igbos and we do NOT bow to no mere mortal. We BELIEVE in GOD and the power of the INDIVIDUAL. Simple. All that OBA and Ooni prostrating SHIT is alien to the IGBOS. Individual will exploit his GOD GIVEN skills and Strength. Shikena

IGBOS WORSHIP NO MAN.....OUK should go and Die, IGBOS are not Yorubas who have Tinubu controlling 5 states from Lagos, we are Just like Americans, a modern world, everybody is equal. WE ARE IGBOS......Yorubas get that into your head

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 01, 2016
DIFY20:
the fear of igbos is the beginning of their wisdom grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
let me hear something...... as if the igbos are the best tribe in Nigeria.....
Re: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 01, 2016
[quote author=GreatSE post=50671031][/quote]
ur speech made a lot of sense...except for the part where you generalized alms begging.......forgetting that it is a conscious individual effort.....not particularly associated with any tribe

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Orji Uzor Kalu by mpowa(m): 8:25am On Nov 01, 2016
MXrep:
We are igbos, we are not yorubas, Godfatherism is dead and buried in SE. Like OUK like Peter Obi, you will never control a sitting governor. How does that translate to Igbos being their worst enemies?? Igboland is an egalitarian society, we will not tolerate shortchanging of the masses by a small elite cult because that is the problem with nigeria at the moment. Igboland is not backward, we reject any arrangement of creating an elite enclave while the rest of the region perish in abject poverty

You will not tolerate an elite cult arrangement but your place is still not developed, so what's happening? Okay you prefer one thief to chop is own and pass to another, rather than a single thief chopping from different govt, I guess.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Orji Uzor Kalu by realglobe: 8:37am On Nov 01, 2016
mpowa:

You will not tolerate an elite cult arrangement but your place is still not developed, so what's happening? Okay you prefer one thief to chop is own and pass to another, rather than a single thief chopping from different govt, I guess.
atleast it's more developed than yorubaland where one person have been holding sway and impoverishing his people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Orji Uzor Kalu by eflintsone(m): 9:02am On Nov 01, 2016
This is the bitter truth , igbos dnt really love eachother ... Heard many igbos say this and i myself have noticed it ... Instead of working on hw to luv one anoda dey easily wait for a hausa thread juz to pour insults on d hausas ..well wah do i knw lol..

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Orji Uzor Kalu by harmbhrosz(m): 9:41am On Nov 01, 2016
Princedapace:

This is where u guys miss it.. that they abuse each other online has nothing to do wit unity bro... igbos are well united.. igbos fight for one another..

forget all these online rant...

in brotherhood.. igbos have a full community life style where they mingle and appreciate one another.. Nigerians are generally divided in politics.. and is a general thing in nigeria which the political class are using to loot us dry..

And forget life on Nairaland... nairaland can deceive u bro... things re not really the way they appear on nairaland..
oh you think it's a mere online rant right? This same disunity I'm talking about is the same one that transpires between their political leaders. Look at other regions in Nigeria, the northern and western political leaders has more unity than the eastern political leaders... And that's what happens here too on nairaland.

There was a thread about 2weeks ago... I could remember a guy(from Anambra) went as far as posting pictures of bad roads in Aba(I think) that took a while 4 pages of the thread just to insult a fellow Ibo guy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Orji Uzor Kalu by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 11:10am On Nov 01, 2016
MXrep:
We are igbos, we are not yorubas, Godfatherism is dead and buried in SE. Like OUK like Peter Obi, you will never control a sitting governor. How does that translate to Igbos being their worst enemies?? Igboland is an egalitarian society, we will not tolerate shortchanging of the masses by a small elite cult because that is the problem with nigeria at the moment. Igboland is not backward, we reject any arrangement of creating an elite enclave while the rest of the region perish in abject poverty

GBAM!!!. Anyone who is not happy with this can go and hang.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Orji Uzor Kalu by Yorobastard(m): 11:11am On Nov 01, 2016
VivianUdeogu:
Nwannem Let us stop deceiving ourselves. Let us tell ourselves the truth: we Igbos have a fundemental problem. Even beyond politics, we also have deep rooted social and ancestral problems too. We hate ourselves passionately, we discriminate: we still practise the Osu caste system. hate, bitterness, tribialism and clannishness thrive very much in Alaigbo. It is just as if we Igbos are cursed

F.uc.k off idi.ot....you are the cursed one here....if you are not proudly Igbo then you can go west or north. Who the mess are you and stop spreading false new just to get likes

No one will call for your head if you do things right and that's where we want to head to and not living in stolen wealth, flaunt it in public and people living beside you are dying.

The yorubas are still practising sacrificing human head to please the gods whenever their king is dead why don't you post something like that.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Orji Uzor Kalu by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 11:12am On Nov 01, 2016
VivianUdeogu:
Beyond politics, we Igbos also have deep rooted social and ancestral problems. We hate ourselves passionately. We discriminate and practise the Osu casate system, we Igbos can kill our parent because of money. It is just as if we Igbos are cursed

You are cursed bro, not WE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Orji Uzor Kalu by sukkot: 11:29am On Nov 01, 2016
FTbomb:
LOL! this is the only place they see you......igbo threads. and you would never make a reasonable contribution like shymex..
lolzzzz cheesy wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Orji Uzor Kalu by taiwojoe40(m): 11:30am On Nov 01, 2016
MXrep:
....uncontrollable EGO....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Orji Uzor Kalu by Indiaindia: 11:42am On Nov 01, 2016
GreatSE:

YORUBA MAN ...we know you all, claiming Igbo she-male
We did you see Igbo blaming Yoruba, we simply tell them we can never be like them.... we are special and we are diff, we bow to NO MAN
THE YORUBAS ARE MORE ADVANCED THAN THE IBOS. THE YORUBAS CAN HANDLE LEADERSHIP VERY WELL WHILE IBOS CAN'T. YOU ARE DIFF BECAUSE YOU ARE MISCREANTS.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Orji Uzor Kalu by AkinPhysicist: 12:43pm On Nov 01, 2016
Tolexander:
ku ise jare Omo Akin gringrin

grin Tolexy e wo na gbayi! grin
Re: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Orji Uzor Kalu by AkinPhysicist: 12:45pm On Nov 01, 2016
modath:

Kare Akin omo Akin, Alalubarika, wink

E yi na gbayi! Tuale!!
Re: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Orji Uzor Kalu by AkinPhysicist: 12:49pm On Nov 01, 2016
sukkot:
bros you try well well. that ya sword is real sharp lolzzzz. bleeding beheaded ipad yoof all over the floor grin grin

grin grin E wo na gbayi-Nobody messes with the west side grin grin cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Orji Uzor Kalu by nextprince: 1:46pm On Nov 01, 2016
GreatSE:

It is you and Your family THAT IS CURSED....
You cant equate a few greedy ppl to the totality of all IGBOs, its ppl like you that is the problem of Igbos

E pain am die.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Orji Uzor Kalu by laudate: 1:55pm On Nov 01, 2016
ayindejimmy:

lemme get it straight
An Igbo man made a statement advising Igbos in their lapses and as usual you fellas managed to drag Yorubas into it and blame anyone supporting the statement.

Now,you see OUK is not far from the truth

I say you Yoruba people, una get strong jazz. If the Ipob youths have not mentioned your name in one day, their market will not sell. How do you guys do it? You need to share the secret of your popularity with the rest of us who come from minority ethnic groups. Haba! cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Orji Uzor Kalu by nextprince: 1:57pm On Nov 01, 2016
Indiaindia:

THE YORUBAS ARE MORE ADVANCED THAN THE IBOS. THE YORUBAS CAN HANDLE LEADERSHIP VERY WELL WHILE IBOS CAN'T. YOU ARE DIFF BECAUSE YOU ARE MISCREANTS.

Correct

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Orji Uzor Kalu by slivertongue: 3:01pm On Nov 01, 2016
ojuu4u:

if u biliv that., y yoruba now developed much more than igbo? just as what Kalu said, we in Yoruba, we do unite behind political figure to have common front and this makes our voice strong in national politics and make yoruba to be reckoned with even in the days of military.

First i must state clearly that pre colonial- igbo society was democratic. One man one voice, variance of views was a part of community live. So differences were tolerated, it never led to any confraglation. But the attitude of contemporary Igbo elites is against the interest of the Igbo nation. The elites wants to play god and the people aint down with primordialism.
Until the coming of colonialist Igbo society was somewhat egalitarian in nature. Leaders were choosen through democratic means, wealth and external influence were of little importance.

Military rule did the greatest damage to the governance process in Igboland, they raised bandits and imposed them as the managers of the destiny of the people, all in a bid to destroy the unity of purpose that existed. The igbos survived the onslaught and have moved on to greater things. All the narratives that seeks to spite the Igbos have only gingered them to moderate their shortcomings but that is not to say there are no internal contradictions.

Igbos form a united front only when the Igbo nation is under threat and attack as seen in the kano, kaduna, jos crisis and the threat of the Oba of Lagos. They dont waste their energy in the personal and worthless pursuits of individuals. "Operation Wetie" can never happen in Igboland. A true Igboman can not tear down Igboland to pursue a legitimate or ilegitimate interest, because the comfort of individuals is considered before group action is taken. Am persuaded to believe that Igbos will continue to talk, rightly or wrongly but will never stop matching forward.

The other regions that are united should show the world the proceeds of their unity. If other groups spear the time they spend on Igbo matters on their own internal contradictions NIGERIA will be better for it. It worries me that we seek a nation yet we crawl back into our ethnic cocoon at the slightest opportunity. I must also say that Igbos are are taking notes and will surely address the gaps.

Of the truth OUK spoke from his heart, he is technically right knowing the roles he had played in the past. What he said is that the Igbos are not a basket of tomato or a bag of potatoe, thus they cant be bought like an article.

They offer themselves to a cause they believe in. The Igbos dont vote on ethnic lines, there differences is a blessing to them rather than a curse. The Igbos have developed a thick skin to the insults because they know who they are, where they are headed and Godwilling they know when they will arrive their destination.

OUK is paying for his politics of identity. He promoted the Bende-Ukwa Ngwa dichotomy leading to impeachments of Deputy Governors, Speaker and Deputy Speaker. Abia State has three Senatorial Zones shared into two political blocs. The politically blocs were supposed to be the basis of rotation of power but he skillfully got someone from Bende bloc who is from the central zone to suceed him. T.A Orji return deployed the same measures against his boss. He divided the Bende bloc along micro identities thus weakening the loyalty to the blocs and to OUK.

To the best of my knowledge Fashola was picked for showing 'capability and capacity' to lead. T.A Orji was picked for his ability to manipulate the system for his boss. Tinubu was incharge of Lagos politics and so Fashola couldnt have upstaged him overnight but the OUK was never incharge of Abia politics. He was never in total control of the Bende bloc neither was he in control of the Ukwa-Ngwa ethnic stock which has 9 out of 17 LGA.

I had the rare priviledge of being at the corridors of the 1999 PDP maiden convention in Jos where OUK openly campaigned against Ekwueme and made a show of donating 100 million naira to Obj's campaign and no igboman lost his sanity because of the actions of his likes which were considered nationalistic by other ethnic groups. If the Igbos voted enmass for Obj, Yaradua and GEJ all non Igbos and were seen as being nationalistic why are Nigerian now trying to hang them for not voting GMB? Will voting the APC automatically translate to progress? But is OUK questioning the Igbos for not following him just like the South West followed Jagaba? But recent happenings in the APC makes that thought pattern a nullity.

The core North and South West can fight and die for the idiosycrasy of an elite but in Igboland its OYO. Nigerians need to understand the sociology of the Igbos before trying to run them down.

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Orji Uzor Kalu by shotster50(m): 3:09pm On Nov 01, 2016
Yes and you are a prime example of that.. Ironical isn't it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 01, 2016
omenka:
Baba ignore any "afonja" screaming yoot that tries to make us deviate from the subject matter.

Me don grab popcorn sharply sef!!

"iPods don't know shiit"-- Orji Uzor Kalu. gringrin
I just came back to the thread now, I knew this will cause incurable migraine for them. You should know our brothers and bitter truth are like oil and water, they can never mix.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Orji Uzor Kalu by plsplspls: 5:03pm On Nov 01, 2016
FINALLY! A constructive statement. Bless you for this.

Chokmah:
Igbo's as a nation is purely democratic right from time immemorial. Constructive criticisms and competitions has been the order of the day.
Its never a problem since Igbo's have a common enemy.
The mentality is, serve all and follow no one... serve one and follow all. Everyone tends to be uniquely independent in traveling through his own path still all is heading to the same destination, this formula makes for an efficient growth within but not having enough momentum to tackle the common enemy.
Re: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Orji Uzor Kalu by Tolexander: 6:04pm On Nov 01, 2016
realglobe:

This is what Tolu/Tolexander and the rest afonjas fail to appreciate.. We can never worship OUK or any other former governor for that matter like afonjas worship Tinubu.. That can only happen in the caves of yorubaland in the present day
madt guy, na this handle you dey use now kwa?
theglobe(m) -> freeglobe(f) -> realglobe -> Xglobe(f,m).

only God knows what X go be?

You don kolo grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Orji Uzor Kalu by Pchidexy(m): 7:25pm On Nov 01, 2016
Igboid:
Chino and Abagworo, can you both stop embarrassing Ndiigbo for once, just for once, bikonu, ikperem di na ani. angry

My brother the two are clowns. Who takes them serious kwanu.
Re: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Orji Uzor Kalu by dragunov: 12:00pm On Nov 02, 2016
Igboid:

You are not a wise person.

Who are the great people Yorubas produced? Looters like OBJ that stole the country into it's comatose state? Who exactly?
You are also ignorant. I never knew that all the past looters that looted this country blind, are all Igbos and no longer Yorubas and Northerners.

You are either not telling yourself the truth or decided to be plain deceptive. Is GEJ a Yoruba man?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are Their Own Worst Enemies – Orji Uzor Kalu by Adewalefisayo(f): 5:23pm On Nov 02, 2016
only a fool will do constructions at the detriment of others. he is robbing peter to pay Paul. indeed he has made another history in ogun state. his predecessor can tell of what his lot will be.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Nkechi Ikpeazu Gives "Agbalumo/Udara" To Osinbajo (Photos) / Ambode Arrests Soldier For Driving Against Traffic - Photos / 2 Truckloads Of Armed Fulani Herdsmen Arrive In Akure - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.