Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,360 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Kalu’s Comment Tears Ohanaeze Youths, MASSOB Apart - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kalu’s Comment Tears Ohanaeze Youths, MASSOB Apart (1352 Views)

We’ll Reject Restructuring Done By Buhari Govt – Ohanaeze Youths / Igbo Must Produce President In 2019 To Pacify Biafra Agitators – Ohanaeze Youths / Free El-zakzaky, Nnamdi Kanu, Others – Ohanaeze Youths Tell Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kalu’s Comment Tears Ohanaeze Youths, MASSOB Apart by ayindejimmy(m): 7:56am On Nov 02, 2016
huoma Chiedozie, Enugu

The Ohanaeze Youth Council and the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra on Tuesday reacted to former Abia State governor, Orji Kalu’s assertion that the Igbo people are better traders than politicians.The groups, which spoke in separate interviews with our correspondent in Enugu, differed in their reactions to Kalu’s statement.The Ohanaeze Youth Council, the youth wing of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, asked the former governor to immediately apologise to the Igbo people and also retract his statement.But the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State ofBiafra maintained that Kalu said the truth.The Editor-in-Chief of The Interview magazine, Mr. Azubuike Ishiekwene, ina statement on Monday, quoted Kalu as saying, in a recent interview with the magazine, that the Igbo were not as good in politics as they were in trading.“The Igbo have no discipline in terms of politics. They are very good traders; they’re good in anything they do, but they don’t understand politics,” Kalu was quoted to have said.Reacting to the statement, the President, Ohanaeze Youth Council, Okechukwu Isiguzoro, described Kalu’s statement as unbecoming of a two-term governor who was seen as an Igbo leader.Isiguzoro said, “Orji Kalu should immediately apologise to Ndigbo for insulting the great Igbo nation.“During the First Republic, Igbo peoplelike Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, Michael Okpara and others were at the forefront of the independence movement. In the Second Republic, Igbo people like Dr. Alex Ekwueme were also at the forefront of national politics.“It was when people like Kalu came to power that the Igbo began to lose ground, because he (Kalu) and his likes introduced traders’ mentality into the politics played by the Igbo at the national level.”He added, “The statement, which is ridiculing Ndigbo, was not expected from somebody who was a two-term governor. Was Nnamdi Azikiwe a trader? Was Michael Okpara a trader? What of Odumegwu Ojukwu, Mbonu Ojike, Jaja Nwachukwu? Were they traders?”Isiguzoro said Kalu had an opportunityto become a national political leader, like the All Progressives Congress national leader, Chief Bola Tinubu, but wasted it.“When Tinubu was controlling only one state, Kalu was controlling two states. How did he (Kalu) lose the two states? It’s because of his poor management skills. Ohanaeze youths don’t want to insult him because he is an elder, but he should apologise to Ndigbo.“If he refuses to apologise, if he fails toretract that statement, we will put him in the dustbin of history and he will have no more relevance in Igboland,” Isiguzoro saidBut the pro-Biafra group, MASSOB, insisted that Kalu said the truth. MASSOB spokesman, Samuel Edeson,who spoke with our correspondent, said the Igbo people were not good in politics.Edeson said, “What Kalu said is the simple truth, there is no doubt about it.In politics, the Igbo are bad; there is nounity of purpose.“For example, the Ekiti State Governor, Ayo Fayose, is a member of the Peoples Democratic Party but at the same time he always defends Tinubu, who is of the APC. Fayose defends Tinubu because he knows that, as a fellow Yoruba, they are brothers.“In politics, you should always be on the side of your brother, unlike what happened when Alex Ekwueme and Jim Nwobodo contested the PDP presidential ticket with Olusegun Obasanjo at the convention in Jos. Nwobodo went there and began to speak Hausa.“The Hausa/Fulani man cannot do thatto his brother, a Yoruba man cannot do that to his brother. What the formergovernor (Kalu) said is the truth.”

http://punchng.com/kalus-comment-tears-ohanaeze-youths-massob-apart/

4 Likes

Re: Kalu’s Comment Tears Ohanaeze Youths, MASSOB Apart by Christardor: 8:07am On Nov 02, 2016
Re: Kalu’s Comment Tears Ohanaeze Youths, MASSOB Apart by joeprince23(m): 8:20am On Nov 02, 2016
Although i am not from SE but i am still a bonifide igbo man therefore i will comment here, firstly orji kalu lacks any moral grounds to accuse ndigbo,he should be ashamed of himself, what has he done for the igbo nation? His sun newspaper and new telegraph have not even done justice to ndigbo,every day flashy headlines praising him and criticising every other igbo person and achievement are always on his papers,if not for authority newspaper and thisday igbos would have been voiceless in terms of national print media. Which industries did he attract to igboland?... He is here comparing himself to peter obi, even sullivan and ngige are far ahead of him interms of good governance, MR KALU go to nnewi and see what ibo leaders turned the town into,an industrial clusters that even the UK ambassador was shocked when he visited... MR KALU you are your former stooge single handedly ran aba city to the ground... Thats why i still respect CHIBUIKE AMAECHI cause he talks and do,unlike this foolish KALU! ...umu nwannem awum nwa ndoki,awum confirm nwafor from rivers state( i be rivers man)

4 Likes

Re: Kalu’s Comment Tears Ohanaeze Youths, MASSOB Apart by focus7: 8:21am On Nov 02, 2016
Igbos hate the truth. Igbos are backward in politics with the politics of hate they practice. With all the years of their political slavery in following hausas they still have not learn that interest comes first in politics.

Another problem with Igbos politics is that they don't trust themselves, they won't support their own, they would rather adopt another person from another place and give him an Igbo name to promote him like they did for Jonathan who end up giving them nothing. Another point is that Igbos do not believe in their brand, they won't support it, they won't promote it if the hausas or other tribes are not involve. A good example is the qauter to the grave apga, the only Igbo party that their biafra hero left behind, yet envy will not make them approach the South West to consult with Tinubu but would rather be venting unnecessarily hate at the wrong direction.

This inferiority complex is what makes them not to be able to stay in their place to develop it but they would rather be claiming to own Lagos, developed Abuja and Kano, it is the same reason why they can't stand on their own but will want to draw the South South to themselves, while the Niger Delta people do not care if they exist. Before you dispute my claim, just give us one Igbo leader that is mentioned in the Niger Delta negotiation with the FG.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kalu’s Comment Tears Ohanaeze Youths, MASSOB Apart by IamOdin: 8:27am On Nov 02, 2016
Life is all about perspective and understanding. In this case the massob's rep sided with kalu because they share same perspective, they see things from same angle.
But that doesn't mean the ipob rep is wrong either. As for me, i'm siding with the ipob rep cos u cannot categorize the whole igbo race as businessmen. DOES IT MEAN SOME DON'T FAIL IN THE TRADING BUSINESS? OR WILL THE FAILED TRADER because OF HIS FAILURE SAY THE IGBOS ARE NOT GOOD AT TRADING. Orji-Kalu failed political wise, he should accept that and not trying to vindicate his failure with claiming a whole race should be limited to trading.

The problem facing us politically, i think, is because we have the wrong people at the helm of things.

So Mr Orji really need to apologize, he didn't make any sense.
Re: Kalu’s Comment Tears Ohanaeze Youths, MASSOB Apart by joeprince23(m): 8:40am On Nov 02, 2016
focus7:
Igbos hate the truth. Igbos are backward in politics with the politics of hate they practice. With all the years of their political slavery in following hausas they still have not learn that interest comes first in politics.

Another problem with with Igbos politics is that they don't trust themselves, they won't support their, they would rather adopt another person from another place and give him an Igbo name to promote like they did for Jonathan who end up giving them nothing. Another point is that Igbos do not believe in their brand, they won't support it, they won't promote it if the hausas or other tribes are not involve.
you are an e-diot, i supported jonathan in 2015 not because am ijaw,although i am from rivers but i am not ijoid but i supported him. The SE people supported their conscience, do you think an elderly woman in PH ABA ASABA or ONITSHA cares to differenciate who is igbo or ijo,they would rather vote for igbo ijo ibibio or efik rather than general buhari of gowon... For ur info awum nwa ndoki na rivers state( from igbo speaking part of rivers)

2 Likes

Re: Kalu’s Comment Tears Ohanaeze Youths, MASSOB Apart by IamOdin: 9:05am On Nov 02, 2016
focus7:

Another problem with Igbos politics is that they don't trust themselves, they won't support their own, they would rather adopt another person from another place and give him an Igbo name to promote him like they did for Jonathan who end up giving them nothing. Another point is that Igbos do not believe in their brand, they won't support it, they won't promote it if the hausas or other tribes are not involve. A good example is the qauter to the grave apga, the only Igbo party that their biafra hero left behind, yet envy will not make them approach the South West to consult with Tinubu but would rather be venting unnecessarily hate at the wrong direction.

This inferiority complex is what makes them not to be able to stay in their place to develop it but they would rather be claiming to own Lagos, developed Abuja and Kano, it is the same reason why they can't stand on their own but will want to draw the South South to themselves, while the Niger Delta people do not care if they exist. Before you dispute my claim, just give us one Igbo leader that is mentioned in the Niger Delta negotiation with the FG.

I hate to tell people this but... You're a f00l.

2 Likes

Re: Kalu’s Comment Tears Ohanaeze Youths, MASSOB Apart by focus7: 9:06am On Nov 02, 2016
joeprince23:
you are an e-diot, i supported jonathan in 2015 not because am ijaw,although i am from rivers but i am not ijoid but i supported him. The SE people supported their conscience, do you think an elderly woman in PH ABA ASABA or ONITSHA cares to differenciate who is igbo or ijo,they would rather vote for igbo ijo ibibio or efik rather than general buhari of gowon... For ur info awum nwa ndoki na rivers state( from igbo speaking part of rivers)
You seems to be naive.... Claiming that people from that region will vote for an Igbo shows you are not informed with the political history of the region. Read that post well you will see that two Igbo men contested against Obasanjo, one resulted to speaking hausa language to ganer hausas support because the Igbos can't stand politically without the hausas, but unfortunately for him the hausas were already promoting Obasanjo, the other voters from the SE and the South South that could have given the Igbo men support all voted for Obasanjo who was hausa candidate.

Beside, at the general election that time Ojukwu the hero himself contested against Obasanjo and the SE and the South South massively voted for Obasanjo against Ojukwu not long after Ojukwu died. It was generally believe that the betrayal from his people led to his death.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kalu’s Comment Tears Ohanaeze Youths, MASSOB Apart by IamOdin: 9:10am On Nov 02, 2016
focus7:
You seems to be naive.... Claiming that people from that region shows are not informed with the political history of the region. Read that post well you will see that two Igbo men contested against Obasanjo, one resulted to speaking hausa language to ganer hausas support because the Igbos can't stand politically without the hausas, but unfortunately for him the hausas were already promoting Obasanjo, the other voters from the SE and the South South that could have given the Igbo men support all voted for Obasanjo who was hausa candidate.

Beside, at the general election that time Ojukwu the hero himself contested against Obasanjo and the SE and the South South massively voted for Obasanjo against Ojukwu not long after Ojukwu die. It was generally believe that the betrayal from his people led to his death.

this guy... Where do u read ur news from for christ sake??

2 Likes

Re: Kalu’s Comment Tears Ohanaeze Youths, MASSOB Apart by focus7: 9:13am On Nov 02, 2016
IamOdin:

I hate to tell people this but... You're a f00l.
Is that all you have to say?

A clear proof that the Igbos hate the truth. I would have expected you to have a reasonable argument to dispute my comment.

4 Likes

Re: Kalu’s Comment Tears Ohanaeze Youths, MASSOB Apart by IamOdin: 9:21am On Nov 02, 2016
focus7:
Is that all you have to say?

A clear proof that the Igbos hate the truth. I would have expected you to have a reasonable argument to dispute my comment.

what do i argue on?? On your sh1t-posts?? No, i don't do that.
Provide a link to buttress ur claim and i will straighten ur wobbly senses.

1 Like

Re: Kalu’s Comment Tears Ohanaeze Youths, MASSOB Apart by focus7: 9:32am On Nov 02, 2016
IamOdin:

what do i argue on?? On your sh1t-posts?? No, i don't do that.
Provide a link to buttress ur claim and i will straighten ur wobbly senses.
If you are not familiar with the facts i raised then you are probably not grown up enough to comment on political events in Nigeria.

I will suggest that you approach some your elders from the SE to update you with them.

2 Likes

Re: Kalu’s Comment Tears Ohanaeze Youths, MASSOB Apart by IamOdin: 9:36am On Nov 02, 2016
focus7:
If you are not familiar with the facts i raised then you are probably not grown up enough to comment on political events in Nigeria.

I will suggest that you approach some your elders from the SE to update you with them.

If u can't buttress ur facts with evidence then u don't have a point. You're just speculating.
Re: Kalu’s Comment Tears Ohanaeze Youths, MASSOB Apart by ayindejimmy(m): 12:07pm On Nov 02, 2016
Orji Uzor Kalu has left his own indelible footprints on the shore of Abia and even Nigerian football, and in a country where nothing much happens- that's something
He may not be a player but I can say ,without his interest, support and of cos God's favour Eyimba wouldn't have won the African Champions League back to back or
..even once.
And has any Nigeria club won it since then?

You all can talk down on him now, but he left a legacy in Abia sport that's unparallel

1 Like

Re: Kalu’s Comment Tears Ohanaeze Youths, MASSOB Apart by joeprince23(m): 12:16pm On Nov 02, 2016
Lalasticlala oga abeg where u dey nah... Show the world say Igbos youths are not happy with that ogboni man KALU
the general election that time Ojukwu the hero himself contested against Obasanjo and the SE and the South South massively voted for Obasanjo against Ojukwu not long after Ojukwu died. It was generally believe that the betrayal from his people led to his death.
ugomba nwoke oma nwene mu wa anioma come and see this e-diot ooh @focus7,igbos didnt vote for ikemba ojukwu not because of hatred or lack of trust but because an ojukwu presidency will rekindle old wounds and ridicule the separatist struggle infact igbo(inluding myself) love and revere ikemba nnewi so so much,infact during his death me and my friends(all rivers people) left finima bony island to enugu just to catch a glimpse of the late icon... Infact why i dey reply you sef? Anyway i rest my case

1 Like

Re: Kalu’s Comment Tears Ohanaeze Youths, MASSOB Apart by SlayerSupreme: 12:27pm On Nov 02, 2016
Uzor Kalu can say any nonsense to please Buhari. He won't still escape.
Re: Kalu’s Comment Tears Ohanaeze Youths, MASSOB Apart by Beremx(f): 12:38pm On Nov 02, 2016
OUK my hero!

God bless you sir

1 Like

Re: Kalu’s Comment Tears Ohanaeze Youths, MASSOB Apart by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 02, 2016
Beremx:
OUK my hero!

God bless you sir

Because he has taken time to bash Igbos,, which u and Akpagworo so love to do.
Re: Kalu’s Comment Tears Ohanaeze Youths, MASSOB Apart by OPCNAIRALAND: 3:24pm On Nov 02, 2016
what happened when Alex Ekwueme and Jim Nwobodo contested the PDP presidential ticket with Olusegun Obasanjo at the convention in Jos. Nwobodo went there and began to speak Hausa.“The Hausa/Fulani man cannot do thatto his brother, a Yoruba man cannot do that to his brother.

H A U S A S L A V E
Re: Kalu’s Comment Tears Ohanaeze Youths, MASSOB Apart by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 02, 2016
focus7:
[s]Igbos hate the truth. Igbos are backward in politics with the politics of hate they practice. With all the years of their political slavery in following hausas they still have not learn that interest comes first in politics.

This inferiority complex is what makes them not to be able to stay in their place to develop it but they would rather be claiming to own Lagos, developed Abuja and Kano, it is the same reason why they can't stand on their own but will want to draw the South South to themselves, while the Niger Delta people do not care if they exist. Before you dispute my claim, just give us one Igbo leader that is mentioned in the Niger Delta negotiation with the FG[/s].
Too many brainless comments this days.... backward felas forming political analysts. Hmmm ndiIgbo afugo'ife. undecided sad

(1) (Reply)

PHOTO: Man Accuses President Buhari Of Doing MMM / UPDATE: Cabal & Saraki Struck A Deal On Magu's Confirmation - SR / Funny Comparison Of GEJ Vs PMB Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.