Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,512 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

NBA Season 2010/11 - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NBA Season 2010/11 (81257 Views)

NBA Season 2011-2012 (First 2 Weeks Of Games Cancelled) / Who Do You Think Would Win 2010-2011 Nba Season Mvp / Nba Season '08/09 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by bawomolo(m): 12:46am On Nov 26, 2009
JeSoul:

In other not so national news, anyone watching the Celtics/Sixers game tonight . . . look for me in my black Pierce #34 jersey, 4 rows back off the floor, somewhere underneath basket Close to the Celtics bench  cool I landed some sweet tickets yesterday!  grin

as long as ron artest isn't close by cheesy
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by C2H5OH(f): 12:51am On Nov 26, 2009
Well, I agree they're one of the most even keel teams in the league.  They're a team just like the Blazers are a team, and just like the Marbury-Suns were a team back in the days playing against the Spurs, but I doubt that they would surge into true contenders anytime in the next few years even.  Never say never, I ugess.  I just don't see that deadly fire power, blzing hot superstar that will get them over the hump.  If the Wades, Lebrons and Dwights of the world upgrade next year, things will ge tougher for them.  They are a good team and have most certainly  matured.  They can only continue to get better.  I hope they can sign a player like AI, David West? or someone else with a chip on his shoulder than can come in and improve their depth even more.

What's with news of The Canswer retiring
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by bawomolo(m): 4:36am On Nov 26, 2009
AI had a nice career. His mercurial attitude worked when he was the only game changing talent on philly.

sad he turned into public enemy one at the tail end of his career. he is still a legend for short guards.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by C2H5OH(f): 5:30am On Nov 26, 2009
You can't be serious. Allen is not done.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by lailai2(m): 1:49pm On Nov 26, 2009
I've jst bn remembering A. I in his heydays since mornin, Really gonna miss him
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 12:06am On Nov 27, 2009
@Bawo
I thought you said Tim Thomas was finished? Hahaha one man's poison is another man's meat

We gonna miss you A.I!!! the painful part is this dude still has game its just that his pride would not let him win a championship
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chiogo(f): 12:38am On Nov 27, 2009
@JeSoul, I'm jealous. I never get any tickets angry You're lucky they won albeit by only 2 pts. I'll be pissed if they lost, wasting a whole ticket. lmao.

Only caught few glances of that game 'cause I had just gotten home, so I missed seeing you on the screen.

Anywayz, Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!!
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by A40(m): 12:36am On Nov 28, 2009
@lai-lai
Stackhouse got traded to the Grizz and then got his old ass waived now so i guess he is a free agent

Jason Kidd is no#2 all time in assists and he would have to play till he is 43 to overtake John Stockton for #1 which is very unlikely
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by bawomolo(m): 4:27am On Nov 28, 2009
A-40:

@Bawo
I thought you said Tim Thomas was finished? Hahaha one man's poison is another man's meat

hehe i thought he was done.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by C2H5OH(f): 9:50am On Nov 29, 2009
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chiogo(f): 3:06am On Nov 30, 2009
^LMFAO!!!
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by Fhemmmy: 6:38am On Nov 30, 2009
i am so sure A.I will be back.
The guy is not only talented, but will be incomplete without a ring.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 3:47pm On Nov 30, 2009
bawomolo:

as long as ron artest isn't close by cheesy
hehe grin even Artest would think twice before coming close once he sees my bodyguard cool. It was more like 14 rows off the floor  angry but nevertheless cool.

Chiogo!  kiss hope you and Bawo and everyone else had a fantastic one.
chiogo:

@JeSoul, I'm jealous. I never get any tickets angry You're lucky they won albeit by only 2 pts. I'll be pissed if they lost, wasting a whole ticket. lmao.

Only caught few glances of that game 'cause I had just gotten home, so I missed seeing you on the screen.
Girl I tell you, it was a nail bitter. Didn't pay $25 parking, $8 tasteless hotdogs to be rewarded with a loss. Those sixers have some real weapons! kept dropping threes like it was going out of fashion. Rasheed has played better past 2 games, but at one point the crowd was booing him. He is so slow and sluggish angry someone needs to smack some hustle into him.

Celtics don't have the edge and swagger they started the season with, though Paul is having an exceptional year, no one else is really playing that well.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 3:51pm On Nov 30, 2009
Nets are 0-17 cheesy lol . . . they may win against NY in a few games but if they don't they could easily go 0-30, their upcoming schedule is brutal!
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by bawomolo(m): 4:27pm On Nov 30, 2009
JeSoul:

Nets are 0-17 cheesy lol . . . they may win against NY in a few games but if they don't they could easily go 0-30, their upcoming schedule is brutal!

wow and they just fired their coach. No one can be intentionally this bad.

thanksgiving was fun o
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 6:10pm On Nov 30, 2009
bawomolo:

wow and they just fired their coach. No one can be intentionally this bad.
Frank was simply the scapegoat . . . this can happen, the Celtics lost 18 in a row 3/4yrs ago when Pierce went down and there was no one else of significance on the team.

thanksgiving was fun o
Of course now lol when your only role was limited to the excessive consumption of the food to the point of passing out cheesy abi na lie? cool
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chiogo(f): 11:36pm On Nov 30, 2009
JeSoul:

Chiogo!  kiss hope you and Bawo and everyone else had a fantastic one.  Girl I tell you, it was a nail bitter. Didn't pay $25 parking, $8 tasteless hotdogs to be rewarded with a loss. Those sixers have some real weapons! kept dropping threes like it was going out of fashion. Rasheed has played better past 2 games, but at one point the crowd was booing him. He is so slow and sluggish  angry someone needs to smack some hustle into him.

Celtics don't have the edge and swagger they started the season with, though Paul is having an exceptional year, no one else is really playing that well.
Thanksgiving was great!! And now I'm back to murder these finals.  angry

Celtics ppl don old oo. LMAO, I can't believe I'm saying this. But yeah, Rasheed can be really slow, sometimes he's on point though.

Eeyah, I feel bad for the nets oo. This year all the sucky teams seem to be doing big things  grin Why didn't somebody tell me that Turkoglu is now with the Raptors? I knew something was wrong when Boston was struggling with them. And oops, I see Turkoglu. Na wa oo!!! But we finished well.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by C2H5OH(f): 7:46am On Dec 02, 2009
Haaa Mohammed was gon' knock out the bitch in KG tonight, that Nigga was finna go bananas on his ass.
mlol @ KG.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by JeSoul(f): 3:49pm On Dec 02, 2009
Allen Iverson is back with the Sixers http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4705901

Say it ain't so! lol who coulda calculated the odds of this.

chiogo:

Thanksgiving was great!! And now I'm back to murder these finals. angry
lol you go girl!

Celtics ppl don old oo. LMAO, I can't believe I'm saying this. But yeah, Rasheed can be really slow, sometimes he's on point though.
Seriously lol. Its a fast decline downhill from here on, which is why they need to make the most out of this year.

C2H5OH:

Haaa Mohammed was gon' knock out the bitch in KG tonight, that Nigga was finna go bananas on his ass.
mlol @ KG.
lol KG will demolish mohammed, or haven't you seen how KG beats himself, bullies and pushes his own team into submission? cool
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by C2H5OH(f): 1:27am On Dec 04, 2009
So rumor has it from text messages that Shaq, allegedly, was banging Gilbert Arenas' (now pregnant) wife. Apparently, Agent Zero has moved out and is demanding a test, because baby is on the way now and the text messages surfaced roughly 9 months ago, when the affair was rumored to have happened.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by C2H5OH(f): 1:56am On Dec 04, 2009
@ESPN getting on my nerves.
Lebron James is being forced down my throat.
LeGoldenBoy throws a football through a basketball hoop and acccording to ESPN he's suddenly the next Drew Brees/Peyton Manning.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chiogo(f): 2:01am On Dec 04, 2009
^ You still haven't told us what your beef is with the king. tongue

Even I don't hate Kobe this much. lmfao
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by lailai2(m): 2:17am On Dec 04, 2009
chiogo:

^ You still haven't told us what your beef is with the king. tongue

Even I don't hate Kobe this much. lmfao

hhmmm grin grin grin grin

however, i love to see some LBJ on my tv
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chiogo(f): 2:21am On Dec 04, 2009
lai-lai:

True grin He's annoying but dang, I don't invent names for him. I can't. .even if I tried.

You gotta admit both Lebron and Kobe make b-ball fun to watch even though they are pretty darn annoying.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by C2H5OH(f): 2:27am On Dec 04, 2009
I don't need to rationalize that to you, but maybe I will. All will be revealed (maybe) in the new tell-all article I will soon publish in the nytimes.

The media shoulder some of the blame for LeArrogant's many faults.

@chiogo you are just bitter. Mad you don't have an exciting, fun-to-watch superstar out there in Crapston. The three musketeeers over there in boston are washed-up boring thugs. Wheel-chair Paulina, The old bald-headed kid (KG) who's always whacking himself like an autistic kid and so forth.

Don't get me started on Boston.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by C2H5OH(f): 2:30am On Dec 04, 2009
lai-lai:

Not me. I don't. I cringe every other time I see him.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by chiogo(f): 2:36am On Dec 04, 2009
C2H5OH:

I don't need to rationalize that to you, but maybe I will.  All will be revealed (maybe) in the new tell-all article I will soon publish in the nytimes.

The media shoulder some of the blame for LeArrogant's many faults.

@chiogo you are just bitter.  Mad you don't have an exciting, fun-to-watch superstar out there in Crapston. The three musketeeers over there in boston are washed-up boring thugs.  Wheel-chair Paulina, The old bald-headed kid (KG) who's always whacking himself like an autistic kid and so forth.

Don't get me started on Boston.
LMAO@ Paulina. Your Paulina is from Cali though, originally  grin
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by C2H5OH(f): 8:11am On Dec 05, 2009
Game-winning fade away 3 at the buzzer by Kobe.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by lailai2(m): 10:32am On Dec 05, 2009
C2H5OH:

Game-winning fade away 3 at the buzzer by Kobe.

that was wicked, . . . I was just about to lament how Kobe was owned by Wade n Miami, kept runnin into screens till the last plays and no modification from Phil. Match coulda gone either way. Miami hav definitely gotten tighter defensively.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by bawomolo(m): 6:37am On Dec 07, 2009
greg oden is done for the year.  hmmm you pass up on jordan then you pass up on kevin durant to draft injury prone big men.

tough luck
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by C2H5OH(f): 6:42am On Dec 07, 2009
Can the Lakers please get rid of Trasha Youachick.

lai-lai:

that was wicked, . . . I was just about to lament how Kobe was owned by Wade n Miami, kept runnin into screens till the last plays and no modification from Phil. Match coulda gone either way. Miami hav definitely gotten tighter defensively.

lai-lai you are absolutely right.  But if you notice (as you mentioned), the only way Wade would be able to get past Kobe is with the help of those screen, and without them Kobe had him on lockdown, until the last few minutes of the game when the momentum swung the Heat's way.  The reason Phil probably refused to make adjustments was that whenever Wade got past Kobe on the screens, he was immediately met at the rim by the two big defensive 7-footers camping out in the paint.  If you take a close look at his field goal percentage, it was a bit on the low side.  It was a good game, and the Miami Heat, though not an elite team, have exceeded my expetations for them this season.

And did anyone notice Adam Morisson on that last play?  IF I find the video I will post a link to it.  After Kobe hit the buzzer beater, Adam suddenly ran somewhere . . . I've been trying to figure out where he went.
Re: NBA Season 2010/11 by C2H5OH(f): 6:44am On Dec 07, 2009
bawomolo:

greg oden is done for the year. hmmm you pass up on jordan then you pass up on kevin durant to draft injury prone big men.

tough luck
Oden is a glass-bodied big man. Not even remotely durable. It looked like he was finally coming into a defensive/clean-up zone this season until this recent injury zapped him like a house-fly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Reply)

Players Who Went From Rags To Riches & Back Again / Rio Ferdinand On A Media Tour In Lagos, Visits Computer Village (Pics) / Nigeria Vs Ivory Coast - CHAN Qualifier (4 - 1) On 6th July 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.