Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,018 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board (12415 Views)

Buhari Inaugurates A Committee To Audit Recovered Funds (Photos) / NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees / Osinbajo Inaugurates A National Task Force On Rice And Wheat Production. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by xnsandrxns: 8:24am On Nov 05, 2016
PapaBrowne:
I don't understand this country.

Why are there representatives from the North East, North Central & North West and none from say the South West? Really don't understand why there's always inequity in the current Feds actions

You think you'll get any explanation from these people?
Just give up already

2 Likes

Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by vislabraye(m): 8:29am On Nov 05, 2016
kropotkin2:
The act establishing the NDDC requires a member from each geopolitical zone be seated on the board.

Then why don't the SE have theirs ?

4 Likes

Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by zuchyblink(m): 8:32am On Nov 05, 2016
This is pure manipulation. How can the representative from Imo withdraw? Can't he be replaced? How could the national assembly reject representatives from Abia and Ondo? This is pure APC madness!t

3 Likes

Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by kingobozy: 8:33am On Nov 05, 2016
repogirl:
which oil is the north central and northern east producing? Why aren't Ondo and Lagos states who supposedly produce some crude oil being represented,if we go by your explanation.
C'mon Repogirl. Someone as well read as you should know that some of our working refineries are in northern states. As for Lagos and Ondo, oik was just only recently discovered. So you cant really expect them to be included they are still in paper works stage.
Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by naptu2: 8:36am On Nov 05, 2016
[size=14pt]NDDC Act[/size]

2.- (1) There is hereby established for the Commission a governing Board ( in this Act referred to as (“the Board”), which shall consist of:

(a) a Chairman;

(b) one person who shall be an indigene of an oil producing area to represent each of the following member States, that is,

(i)Abia
(ii) Akwa-Ibom State;
(iii) Bayelsa State;
(iv) Cross River State;
(v) Delta State;
(vi) Edo State;
(vii) Imo State;
(viii) Ondo State; and
(ix) Rivers State;

(c) three persons to represent non-Oil mineral producing States provided that such membership should be drawn from the
remaining geo-political zones which are not represented in the Commission;

(d) One representative of Oil producing companies in the Niger-Delta nominated by the Oil producing companies;

(e) one person to represent the Federal Ministry of Finance;

(f)one person to represent Federal Ministry of Environment;

(g) the Managing Director of the Commission; and

(h) two executive Directors;

http://www.nddc.gov.ng/the%20NDDC%20ACT.pdf
Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by repogirl(f): 8:41am On Nov 05, 2016
kingobozy:

C'mon Repogirl. Someone as well read as you should know that some of our working refineries are in northern states. As for Lagos and Ondo, oik was just only recently discovered. So you cant really expect them to be included they are still in paper works stage.
oh, so you mean the oil refining states not oil producing states, which makes your argument even more funny.

7 Likes

Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by kingobozy: 8:43am On Nov 05, 2016
repogirl:
oh, so you mean the oil refining states not oil producing states, which makes your argument even more funny.

Lolz. I rather call it oil participating state.
Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by repogirl(f): 8:48am On Nov 05, 2016
kingobozy:

Lolz. I rather call it oil participating state.
nap.tu just posted the guidelines on the NDDC act where there should be three reps from non oil producing states but I still wonder why all three members had to come from the north...... why noone from Osun/Kwara/kogi or any other southwestern state? All three from North.

Funny.

7 Likes

Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by alutarabbi: 8:53am On Nov 05, 2016
It is obvious none was picked from Oil producing Ondo State( which is supposed to represent south west) because the proposed person seem to be a Tinubu person. Buhari and His stooges should just continue until 2019.

2 Likes

Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by naptu2: 8:58am On Nov 05, 2016
repogirl:
nap.tu just posted the guidelines on the NDDC act where there should be three reps from non oil producing states but I still wonder why all three members had to come from the north...... why noone from Osun/Kwara/kogi or any other southwestern state? All three from North.

Funny.

Unfortunately, the way the act is worded ensures the three representatives will be from the north-west, north-east and north-central.

(c) three persons to represent non-Oil mineral producing States [b]provided that such membership should be drawn from the
remaining geo-political zones which are not represented in the Commission
;

Which states/zones are already represented in the commission?

(i)Abia (South-East)
(ii) Akwa-Ibom State (South-South)
(iii) Bayelsa State (South-South)
(iv) Cross River State (South-South)
(v) Delta State (South-South)
(vi) Edo State (South-South)
(vii) Imo State (South-East)
(viii) Ondo State (South-West)
(ix) Rivers State (South-South)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by naptu2: 9:03am On Nov 05, 2016
Meanwhile, Abia and Ondo states are meant to have representatives on the board, but people from the two states have rejected President Buhari's nominees because they are not from oil producing communities.

https://www.nairaland.com/3247035/abaribe-rejects-donatus-eyinnah-nddc

1 Like

Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by Mrtesso: 9:15am On Nov 05, 2016
naptu2:

http://www.nddc.gov.ng/the%20NDDC%20ACT.pdf

Nice, so the essence of having members of the other geo-zones is to check mate the activities of the commission to ensure its purpose is achieved.

Its like a father setting up a business for his younger sons to manage and sustain themselves, yet allowing the other brothers who don't really need to be interested in the business, a level of involvement to ensure the younger sons don't mismanage the business.

Doesn't make any sense to me tho.

2 Likes

Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by july66: 9:20am On Nov 05, 2016
zakim:
The Federal Government on Friday inaugurated a 16-man Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) board to facilitate rapid, even and sustainable development of the region.

The Minister of Niger Delta Affairs (MNDA) Uguru Usain Uguru while inaugurating the new board said, the new team are called to serve the nation and not their pocket.

He urged them to work within the law of the nation and to improve on the development of the communities in the region.

While presenting letters of appointment to the appointees in the spirit of service and call to duty he said, the position of this government is to guarantee accountability and transparency.

The member of the board are, Victor Ndoma Egba as the Chairman, Nsima Ekere is to serve as the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer, Adobe Ajenakvwe appointed as Executive Director Projects (Delta State), Mene Derek as the Executive Director Finance, (River State).

Others are members representing different States, Frank Samuel, (Akwa Ibom), Brambaifa Nelson, (Bayelsa), Sylvester Effefiom Nsa, (Cross River), Ogaga Ifowodo, (Delta), Uwuilekhue Saturday (Edo), Harry Iboroma Dabibi, (Rivers).

Bernard Banfa representing the North-Central zone, Yahaya Mohammed, North-East, Mustapha Dansaki, North-West, Mohmoud Isa-Dutse, Federal Ministry of Finance, Abdul-Kareem Kasumi Bayero, Federal Ministry of Environment and Igo Weli representing Oil Producers Trade.

Although unconfirmed reports revealed that the National Assembly rejected representatives from Abia and Ondo States, Daily Trust learnt that nominees from Imo State withdrew his nomination.

The chairman of the newly inaugurated board, Ndoma Egba while appreciating President Muhammadu Buhari for finding them worthy to serve in this capacity said, they are determined to change the story of the Niger Delta.

"We will no longer compete with Local Government but we will go regional, we will be bound by Acts setting us up and other external rules setting up the commission."

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/fg-inaugurates-a-16-man-nddc-board/170217.html
If PDP was still in power, I am sure Victor Ndoma Egba will still be in the party. Political prostitutes.

1 Like

Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by Ayanko(m): 9:24am On Nov 05, 2016
pls where is Ondo State representative.

1 Like

Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by obailala(m): 9:24am On Nov 05, 2016
Why exactly do northern reps have to be in a Niger delta board? undecided

2 Likes

Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by Justiceleague1: 9:33am On Nov 05, 2016
Zico5:
Rapid and sustainable development? This statement got me cracking. The setup for chop I chop. These south south people can and will never work for the sustainance of that region. What is paramount to them is the direct sharing formula of monthly allocation. Ask them where all the money accrued to that region for the past 16 years gone. They know something good can never come out of this. Where is Edwin clark the self acclaimed Gej father. He has gone with the wind when he realized there is no more free money.
MonuMENTALly concerned zoogerian...only mallams ask that stupid question...and they answer is:all the money,all, have disappeared. Mallam

1 Like

Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 05, 2016
vislabraye:

Then why don't the SE have theirs ?
The SE is represented on the board with members from Imo and Abia states
Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by naptu2: 9:38am On Nov 05, 2016
Ayanko:
pls where is Ondo State representative.

naptu2:
Meanwhile, Abia and Ondo states are meant to have representatives on the board, but people from the two states have rejected President Buhari's nominees because they are not from oil producing communities.

https://www.nairaland.com/3247035/abaribe-rejects-donatus-eyinnah-nddc
Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by Justiceleague1: 9:39am On Nov 05, 2016
kropotkin2:
The act establishing the NDDC requires a member from each geopolitical zone be seated on the board.
you are a known hypocrite on here,going by ur hypocritical analysis,why aint there members from the se and sw?

1 Like

Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by kingobozy: 9:40am On Nov 05, 2016
repogirl:

Funny.
I agree. The selections and appointments may b flawed but I'd still applaud the initiative though.
Lets just give them a chance and see where all these leads.
Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by shaqhead: 9:48am On Nov 05, 2016
Justiceleague1:

you are a known hypocrite on here,going by ur hypocritical analysis,why aint there members from the se and sw?
Even after an excerpt of the ACT setting up NDDC has been posted up there, and why two representive from Ondo and Abia were rejected u still do what u do best...

Go back and read d portion of d act that naptu posted and then read www.nairaland.com/3247035/abaribe-rejects-donatus-eyinnah-nddc to save urself from ridicule!

1 Like

Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by Nobody: 9:49am On Nov 05, 2016
Justiceleague1:

[s]you are a known hypocrite on here,going by ur hypocritical analysis,why aint there members from the se and sw?[/s]
Shut up
Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by Emassive(m): 9:54am On Nov 05, 2016
Nepotism.. Killer govt.

1 Like

Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by Justiceleague1: 9:56am On Nov 05, 2016
shaqhead:

Even after an excerpt of the ACT setting up NDDC has been posted up there, and why two representive from Ondo and Abia were rejected u still do what u do best...

Go back and read d portion of d act that naptu posted and then read www.nairaland.com/3247035/abaribe-rejects-donatus-eyinnah-nddc to save urself from ridicule!
who is natpoo or napoopooing,is he the op? U can as well tell me to go thru ur own poo poo!
To save myself from ridicule? Try me..
Mental grin
Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by agabaI23(m): 10:24am On Nov 05, 2016
North east development commission, do we have reps from southern zone?

1 Like

Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by samco19: 10:32am On Nov 05, 2016
kingobozy:

what are u saying oil recently discoveredin ondo state?
Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by shaqhead: 10:42am On Nov 05, 2016
Justiceleague1:

who is natpoo or napoopooing,is he the op? U can as well tell me to go thru ur own poo poo!
To save myself from ridicule? Try me..
Mental grin
Seriosly I overestimated ur I.Q! Have a nice day Son!
Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by kingobozy: 10:44am On Nov 05, 2016
samco19:
what are u saying oil recently discoveredin ondo state?
It was reportedly discovered and also in Lagos state.
Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by vislabraye(m): 10:52am On Nov 05, 2016
kropotkin2:
The SE is represented on the board with members from Imo and Abia states

Thats not true. Abia rep was not approved. Same as Imo. Read the last patagraph again. Btw, those places in the SE are also oil producing .
Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by Justiceleague1: 12:25pm On Nov 05, 2016
shaqhead:
Seriosly I overestimated ur I.Q! Have a nice day Son!
hehehehe...cowardly mallam...u too have a nice day on that natpoo poo poo mallam grin
Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by shaqhead: 12:27pm On Nov 05, 2016
Justiceleague1:

hehehehe...cowardly mallam...u too have a nice day on that natpoo poo poo
mallam grin
Oops u jst confirmed my assertion of a grossly deficient I.Q!
Re: FG Inaugurates A 16-man NDDC Board by Justiceleague1: 12:34pm On Nov 05, 2016
shaqhead:

Oops u jst confirmed my assertion of a grossly deficient I.Q!
still not demented enuff to be going about with 'fellow' cows countrywide lolss grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Handled Economy Better Than Others Since 1999 – Ajimobi / 774,000 Special Jobs: Keyamo’s Office Not Known To Law — Reps / Local Govt Vice Chairmen Conclude Abuja Conference, Appreciate Buhari, Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.