Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,214 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Has Phantom 6 Plus Changed The Perceptions Of Nigerians About TECNO? - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Has Phantom 6 Plus Changed The Perceptions Of Nigerians About TECNO? (33914 Views)

Some Quick Details About Tecno Phantom Series and why you should go for it. / My 15-minute Experience With Tecno Phantom 6 Plus / My Tecno Phantom 6 Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Phantom 6 Plus Changed The Perceptions Of Nigerians About TECNO? by Bossmd: 7:37am On Nov 08, 2016
Late last night I got a 500MB update to my Phantom 6 plus OS.

I thought they say Techno don't push updates? undecided

Re: Has Phantom 6 Plus Changed The Perceptions Of Nigerians About TECNO? by Dam5reey(m): 8:21am On Nov 08, 2016
Bossmd:

Yes system updates

No OS upgrade..
Re: Has Phantom 6 Plus Changed The Perceptions Of Nigerians About TECNO? by reumat(m): 8:31am On Nov 08, 2016
Bossmd:

guy what u just got is a bug fix in ur current os not an os update, but the simple truth is that ur gona remain on that same version of android till tecno release phantom7 and so on!!. u will never get Android 7.0Nougat on dat ur phantom 6 till it got expired in ur arms, for u to upgrade to Android 7.0 Nougat get ready to buy tecno next crappy device!! i rest my case.
Re: Has Phantom 6 Plus Changed The Perceptions Of Nigerians About TECNO? by Bossmd: 9:37am On Nov 08, 2016
reumat:

guy what u just got is a bug fix in ur current os not an os update, but the simple truth is that ur gona remain on that same version of android till tecno release phantom7 and so on!!. u will never get Android 7.0Nougat on dat ur phantom 6 till it got expired in ur arms, for u to upgrade to Android 7.0 Nougat get ready to buy tecno next crappy device!! i rest my case.

What do you know? Wait till they push Nougat to Phantom 6 plus and shut that your smelling mouth! grin
Re: Has Phantom 6 Plus Changed The Perceptions Of Nigerians About TECNO? by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 08, 2016
Inspite of the over hyped adverts and reviews of its phones. Tecno phones are not listed on reputable sites like gsm arena same applies to infinix and innjure phones.

These phones are similar to each other, share the same platform and components, like passat, audi skoda of the vw brand. cool
Re: Has Phantom 6 Plus Changed The Perceptions Of Nigerians About TECNO? by Norman4real(m): 11:11am On Nov 08, 2016
Chuksworld:
I just got the phantom 6 plus. The camera is very bad at night.
is that with or without the flash?? Coz when u say very bad u make it seem like the phone is not usable.
Re: Has Phantom 6 Plus Changed The Perceptions Of Nigerians About TECNO? by Orator2383: 11:45am On Nov 08, 2016
Bossmd:

Are you in Nigeria Bossmd?
Re: Has Phantom 6 Plus Changed The Perceptions Of Nigerians About TECNO? by dguyindcorner(m): 12:02pm On Nov 08, 2016
I need Samsung galaxy S7 edge biko.
Re: Has Phantom 6 Plus Changed The Perceptions Of Nigerians About TECNO? by dguyindcorner(m): 12:09pm On Nov 08, 2016
dguyindcorner:
I need Samsung galaxy S7 edge biko.

urgent self
Re: Has Phantom 6 Plus Changed The Perceptions Of Nigerians About TECNO? by shiftback: 2:29pm On Nov 08, 2016
a product that not only competes with a Samsung flagship, but also conquers it in all departments.

I don't agree with the above.

I totally agree that Tecno phones have improved tremendously over the last couple years. Yes they can compete and go toe to toe with most flagships, but saying that they conquer Samsung flagships in ALL departments is a lie. Tecno isn't up to SAMSUNG'S status YET but they aren't far behind.

1 Like

Re: Has Phantom 6 Plus Changed The Perceptions Of Nigerians About TECNO? by Abdstrakt(m): 3:18pm On Nov 08, 2016
I think to a large extent it has.

They understood the stereotype and scepticism that surrounded their phones so they went back to the drawing board, the result is two beautiful high performers in the phantom 6 and 6+.

A lot of people on here be shouting upandan that they're Tech savvy this and that, XDA is their second home, they work with GSM Arena bla bla bla. If they would just drop all those BS aside and review the phantom 6+ objectively then the answer to whether TECNO has moved on from producing crappy plastic phones to making beautiful, premium, high-performance smartphones and should be taken seriously would be an emphatic YES.

4 Likes

Re: Has Phantom 6 Plus Changed The Perceptions Of Nigerians About TECNO? by MizMyColi(f): 4:42pm On Nov 08, 2016
Abdstrakt:
I think to a large extent it has.

They understood the stereotype and scepticism that surrounded their phones so they went back to the drawing board, the result is two beautiful high performers in the phantom 6 and 6+.

A lot of people on here be shouting upandan that they're Tech savvy this and that, XDA is their second home, they work with GSM Arena bla bla bla. If they would just drop all those BS aside and review the phantom 6+ objectively then the answer to whether TECNO has moved on from producing crappy plastic phones to making beautiful, premium, high-performance smartphones and should be taken seriously would be a emphatic YES.

May your head always remain correct.
Re: Has Phantom 6 Plus Changed The Perceptions Of Nigerians About TECNO? by Teedeechian(m): 5:44pm On Nov 08, 2016
Dam5reey:

GSMarena is a news and reviews site for technology..
Not all phone can be placed on the website...

You mentioned Xiaomi and Lenovo being restricted to china...
If a phone limited to china only.. then I would like to review that phone.. instead of reviewing a phone limited to some Africa countries.

In a simpler term,Gsmarena wil review your product no matter the distance/region in which the phone was created/available not Gsmarena will review devices that they can lay their hands on.
Re: Has Phantom 6 Plus Changed The Perceptions Of Nigerians About TECNO? by reumat(m): 5:50pm On Nov 08, 2016
Bossmd:

What do you know? Wait till they push Nougat to Phantom 6 plus and shut that your smelling mouth! grin

i will not insult u but am just gona be truthful to u which ur so called tecno wont be, since tecno start producing phone till date how many of there device have os upgrade? all day do is produce new same spec of phones and same os, till d phone dies off which wont last dat long, have u ever handle galaxy s6 and s7 edge b4? d only pity i have for u is that u have failed to reciecve sense and tecno is just going b using u. if u want Nougat u better start saving money for tecno phantom 7
Re: Has Phantom 6 Plus Changed The Perceptions Of Nigerians About TECNO? by eleshin(m): 6:52pm On Nov 08, 2016
Chuksworld:
I just got the phantom 6 plus. The camera is very bad at night.

Lmao
Re: Has Phantom 6 Plus Changed The Perceptions Of Nigerians About TECNO? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 08, 2016
Guys Can another Gionee Phone Power switch Flex work with my Gionee M3 Mini
Re: Has Phantom 6 Plus Changed The Perceptions Of Nigerians About TECNO? by Bossmd: 7:38pm On Nov 08, 2016
reumat:

i will not insult u but am just gona be truthful to u which ur so called tecno wont be, since tecno start producing phone till date how many of there device have os upgrade? all day do is produce new same spec of phones and same os, till d phone dies off which wont last dat long, have u ever handle galaxy s6 and s7 edge b4? d only pity i have for u is that u have failed to reciecve sense and tecno is just going b using u. if u want Nougat u better start saving money for tecno phantom 7

Lol....Have you ever handle S6 and S7 before?

I am not concerned about S6 or S7.....I am more worried about your English grin
Re: Has Phantom 6 Plus Changed The Perceptions Of Nigerians About TECNO? by dguyindcorner(m): 9:05pm On Nov 08, 2016
Bossmd:

Lol....Have you ever handle S6 and S7 before?

I am not concerned about S6 or S7.....I am more worried about your English grin

I have been following your posts and I believe the accusation against you is true. Why don't you face the discussion and argue constructively.

Do you mean all the grammars being blown here since are correct except the one you quoted above?

1 Like

Re: Has Phantom 6 Plus Changed The Perceptions Of Nigerians About TECNO? by dguyindcorner(m): 9:14pm On Nov 08, 2016
Let me add this. I started my Android journey with Tecno N3 back then. But like they say, there's nothing wrong with starting small but everything is wrong with remaining small. If I hold S7 edge man I don't need to explain it's worth to you but you know you still need to explain how much you buy and why that Tecno...a lot of Ys actually...only a few will understand. Tecno 6plus maybe a beast but a substandard is still a substandard no matter how you hype it. I can still consider Lenovo, Xiaomi, HTC and Hauwei but no no to Tecno, Infinix, Injury and Itel. They are purposely built for Africans. If you have enough money to get the former it is better to go for it than compromising quantity for quality.

1 Like

Re: Has Phantom 6 Plus Changed The Perceptions Of Nigerians About TECNO? by upko1: 4:48am On Nov 09, 2016
techno change perception? HELLL NO

You paid marketers can keep coming here to praise and reply yourselfs, LOL
Truth is techno is SHITTE!!! No matter how hard you try to shove it down our throats.
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Has Phantom 6 Plus Changed The Perceptions Of Nigerians About TECNO? by sczeska: 5:06am On Nov 09, 2016
Comedic thread grin
Make I buy tecno with 120k? grin grin grin grin grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL

2 Likes

Re: Has Phantom 6 Plus Changed The Perceptions Of Nigerians About TECNO? by Chuksworld(m): 5:17am On Nov 09, 2016
Bossmd:

Let's face it. How many phones have cameras with exceptional low light conditions? Even the iPhone 6S camera struggles at night, same with the Galaxy S6. Samsung however finetuned the camera on the S7 edge for better low light conditions but even at that cameras generally struggle at night. I think the Phantom 6 plus camera has good low light performance. However it still boils down to individual perception. As I am talking to you right now I have 4 devices in front of me, Samsung Galaxy S4, S6 edge plus, iPad Air 2 and the Phantom 6 plus.....I compared all four cameras under same conditions now and believe me the Phantom 6 plus took the best picture, next to the Galaxy S6 edge, then the Galaxy S4. The iPad Air 2 had the worst image, mostly because it is fitted with an 8MP camera without LED flash.
the phantom 6 plus camera is very bad at night. The graphics no follow sef

2 Likes

Re: Has Phantom 6 Plus Changed The Perceptions Of Nigerians About TECNO? by Bossmd: 9:36am On Nov 09, 2016
Orator2383:
Are you in Nigeria Bossmd?

Yes bro, I am.
Re: Has Phantom 6 Plus Changed The Perceptions Of Nigerians About TECNO? by Bossmd: 10:05am On Nov 09, 2016
sczeska:
Comedic thread grin
Make I buy tecno with 120k? grin grin grin grin grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL

Can you even afford the 120k? Shattap jare!

The Phantom 6 plus is far better than any device you have ever used your whole life so why the whining?

Pitch any flagship against it and it kills them. What other fact need you? The only guys better than this monster are the iPhone 7 and Galaxy S7 edge, if you don't use any of those devices you have no business making comparisons here!
Re: Has Phantom 6 Plus Changed The Perceptions Of Nigerians About TECNO? by Marvell23(m): 11:40am On Nov 09, 2016
Chuksworld:
the phantom 6 plus camera is very bad at night. The graphics no follow sef
I don't believe you have this device. The graphics is quite good stop lying because it's the phone I am using
Re: Has Phantom 6 Plus Changed The Perceptions Of Nigerians About TECNO? by jiggar(m): 1:43pm On Nov 09, 2016
"Taps mic and clears throat"

Life is all about choices. And more often than not, our financial capabilities, determine the kind of gadgets we buy and use.

Truth be told, Tecno has opened up a gateway, for the ordinary man to use a smartphone. If, and I repeat, if the likes of Samsung, Apple and Co, are the only producers of phones, most of us might not be able to use a smartphone.

Yes, Tecno still have much work to do.
However, let's support them. It's our fathers; mothers; brothers and sisters, that are under their(Tecno) payroll.

I know to a certain degree, that, their latest devices might never get an OS upgrade, at least, let's not just throw away the baby with the bath water.

Personally, I've been using a Tecno H6, since 2014 with Kitkat.
But today, that same H6 is running Marshmallow. All thanks to rom builders.
Some powerful devices are just getting Marshmallow, while I've been using mine since four months ago.

So my prayer is, for those that can acquire high end phones, from recognised companies, may God continue to bless you. And, for those who can't, be contented, but don't wish others evil.

All in all, they(phones) can never equate to life.

My thoughts.

"Drops mic and leaves"
Re: Has Phantom 6 Plus Changed The Perceptions Of Nigerians About TECNO? by sczeska: 2:04pm On Nov 09, 2016
Bossmd:

Can you even afford the 120k? Shattap jare!

The Phantom 6 plus is far better than any device you have ever used your whole life so why the whining?

Pitch any flagship against it and it kills them. What other fact need you? The only guys better than this monster are the iPhone 7 and Galaxy S7 edge, if you don't use any of those devices you have no business making comparisons here!
Keep shut you useless sent from hell marketers, if techno or whatever Is so good why do they need so much marketers to market their inferior cheap scrap

phone that would become irrelevant in 6months time.

2 Likes

Re: Has Phantom 6 Plus Changed The Perceptions Of Nigerians About TECNO? by Flames08: 2:19pm On Nov 09, 2016
sczeska:

Keep shut you useless sent from hell marketers, if techno or whatever Is so good why do they need so much marketers to market their inferior cheap scrap

grin grin
The foolish marketers don't even know that you de-market a product by constantly giving careless opinions they call review, trying to woo potential maga angry grin

If the phone is good let it make organic sales and the reviews come from actual users not this fake rubbish of using plenty handles to spam a thread to heap rubbish praise, that tells us all we need to know about the brand.
grin

2 Likes

Re: Has Phantom 6 Plus Changed The Perceptions Of Nigerians About TECNO? by sczeska: 2:22pm On Nov 09, 2016
Flames08:
grin grin
The foolish marketers don't even know that you de-market a product by constantly giving careless opinions they call review, trying to woo potential maga angry grin

If the phone is good let it make organic sales and the reviews come from actual users not this fake rubbish of using plenty handles to spam a thread to heap rubbish praise, that tells us all we need to know about the brand.
grin
You dey mind the thief people.

3 Likes

Re: Has Phantom 6 Plus Changed The Perceptions Of Nigerians About TECNO? by Bossmd: 2:22pm On Nov 09, 2016
sczeska:

You are an illiterate. I suppose spit for your eyes!

Do you know how much Samsung and Apple put into marketing? As old as Coca Cola is do you know the amount of resources they commit into promotion? Can any public franchise thrive without adequate ads?
Re: Has Phantom 6 Plus Changed The Perceptions Of Nigerians About TECNO? by sczeska: 2:24pm On Nov 09, 2016
Bossmd:

My mother is an illiterate. I suppose spit for her eyes!

Do you know how much Samsung and Apple put into marketing? As old as Coca Cola is do you know the amount of resources they commit into promotion? Can any public franchise thrive without adequate ads?
Fixed!!
Bush boy go play for gutter kiss kiss kiss undecided
With your pallasa take-NO

3 Likes

Re: Has Phantom 6 Plus Changed The Perceptions Of Nigerians About TECNO? by Bossmd: 2:27pm On Nov 09, 2016
sczeska:

Fixed!!
Bush boy go play for gutter kiss kiss kiss undecided
With your pallasa take-NO

You made it better by editing it with your hands. Kudos to you for dragging your mother into this. Anuofia!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pictures You Can Relate To When You Browse With Data In Nigeria / 15 Reasons Android Phones Are Better Than The Iphone / Please Suggest A ₦70k Phone With Good Camera And Battery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.