Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,712 members, 7,813,350 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

You're Bored? Fight Boredom With This Story - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / You're Bored? Fight Boredom With This Story (1808 Views)

Each Time I Remember This Story, I Weep. / How Did You Find Out That You're Being Cheated On? / "I Met My Husband-To-Be Out Of Boredom";Excited Lady Shares Her Love Story. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You're Bored? Fight Boredom With This Story by opsylojay(m): 8:07pm On Nov 06, 2016
I'm currently working on a story that I'll like to share with you guys, Cast not thy judgment on my blunders and forgive my punctuation errors... Corrections are welcome tho
Re: You're Bored? Fight Boredom With This Story by opsylojay(m): 8:12pm On Nov 06, 2016
It was a beautiful Monday morning, the sun did not forget its daily routine (rising from east to the west) shinning brightly... I got up from bed check through the window and I saw how beautiful the day was... This is a sign of a good day I said within myself. I dashed to the bathroom of my self contain apartment to brush my teeth moved from there to the kitchen to check if my roommates have not tampered with the Left over of the conclusion rice I cooked last night. Oh sorry let me introduce you to my roommates, they are these f**ken rats, I've tried enough to eradicate them but all my effort proved abortive, you think I should poison them? They'll eat the poison then drink my Palm oil to neutralize it. You advised the gum system? They've grown past that, they'll not even near it. After I've tried all my efforts my conclusion was maybe it's my destiny be share the room with them knowing that one day I'll leave the room for them. Luckily for me they didn't go near it. I had to warm it before I could eat it. I switched on my portable gas cooker but alas! The gas had finished "but it's barely three weeks I filled this gas which is supposed to last for one month at least" I was talking as if I was reporting to someone. I checked my kerosene stove luckily I was able to see some inside it, warmed my rice and devoured it as if I've not eaten for days. Now that the belly is full let's me set out my daily routine. "I have to start from where I stopped on Friday " I thought within myself. I polished my black shoes, went to the bathroom to freshen up and dressed up. I checked if I still had enough of my stuff in my brown envelope but I found just two "I have to add like 20 more, yes like 20" I said. In case you don't understand what the stuff is, it's my CV it's been close to a year now that I finished my NYSC and ever since then things have not been really nice. The way I was searching for job was more than the way APC was looking for GMB certificate. I finished from one of the state universities in the country with a second class upper result. I would go from offices to offices dropping my CV, from banks to any settings that clerical activities take place even some big churches who knows maybe they need secretary or something I almost dropped my CV in one big Central mosque before I realized I was a Christian and I wouldn't be welcomed there. I read newspapers, watched TVs check online but all my effort proved abortive, many times I've been victim of these GNLD stuff with their cunning vacancy advertisements. I almost gave up on my haunt for job when I bought egg roll from one woman and found out that it was my CV the woman used to sell the snack. I couldn't finish it I left the rest there and started crying within myself. What kind of head is my own self. The copies of my CV in my house are countless, the woman that did photocopies beside in my street has my copy of CV with her, I need not tell her what I need to do anytime she saw me, the only question she asked was " how many ?" I stopped patronizing her when I realized her son who's in junior secondary school played "Customer dada ni" by 2T boys ft Seriki anytime he saw me coming to their shop

1 Like

Re: You're Bored? Fight Boredom With This Story by saxwizard(m): 8:22pm On Nov 06, 2016
continue am feeling you looks like have read the story before
Re: You're Bored? Fight Boredom With This Story by opsylojay(m): 8:41pm On Nov 06, 2016
saxwizard:
continue am feeling you looks like have read the story before
you've read it before? I'm writing it myself and never read anything of such
Re: You're Bored? Fight Boredom With This Story by saxwizard(m): 8:43pm On Nov 06, 2016
opsylojay:
you've read it before? I'm writing it myself and never read anything of such
issokay
Re: You're Bored? Fight Boredom With This Story by opsylojay(m): 10:43pm On Nov 06, 2016
stay tuned for the next episode
Re: You're Bored? Fight Boredom With This Story by horlahwaley(m): 11:48pm On Nov 06, 2016
Lol...'customer dwada ni'
Op come finishbwat uve started o
Re: You're Bored? Fight Boredom With This Story by Nobody: 12:23am On Nov 07, 2016
Ok here you go.
It was a beautiful Monday morning, the sun did not forget it's daily routine (rising from east to the west) shinning brightly.I got up from bed checked through the window and I saw how beautiful the day was.This was a sign of a good day I said to myself. I hurriedly brushed my teeth and went to the kitchen to check if my flatmates ( roommates denotes you share the same room I take this is not the case) had not tampered ( Why would your flatmates temper with your food? Temper would mean they mean you harm) with left over rice I cooked last night.

My apologises allow me to introduce you to my roommates. ( names for the roommates would give them human characters ). My roommates are these f**ken rats,( is it necessary to use profanities ?) I have tried every conceivable methods to try and get rid of them. So far all my efforts have been in vain. One would think poisoning them would be the most effective method. However they will eat the poison then drink my Palm oil to neutralize it. I was once advised to use the effective gum system, but they seem to have senses my intentions and will not not even near it. All my efforts have been futile. I have reached the conclusion that perhaps it was written in the stars that perhaps coexisting with these creatures.room with them knowing that one day perhaps they will be the landlords of these four walls. Fortunately for me they had not gone near the food, and I was preparing to warm it before enjoying my culinary delights. I attempted to switch on my portable gas cooker but alas! The gas gangster appeared to be empty. It has been barely three weeks since I filled the gas canister which was meant to last at least another week. I was perplexed and confused I could not help speak aloud it was as if was trying to convince someone. I checked my back up kerosene stove fortunately to use it to warm up my food . I devoured it as if had not eaten for days.

Once i had stuffed myself to the point of bursting. It was time to set about my daily routine. "I will start from where I left off on Friday I thought to myself" . I polished my black shoes, went to the bathroom to freshen up and got dressed . Before I left I checked if I still had enough of my stuff in my brown envelope but noticed that I just had two left. I made a mental note to add twenty more, yes twenty I mused. In case you are wondering what I was referring to as my "stuff" , it was my CV .

It has been close to a year I completed my NYSC and since then things have not gone the way always dreamt off . I was searching for jobs was more than the way APC was looking for GMB certificate. I completed my studies from one of the state universities in the country with a second class upper result ( a degree in what) . I would go from office to office leaving a trail of CV's in my wake. I went to banks in fact any setting that clerical activities took place even went as far leaving my CV in some big churches one would never know maybe they needed a secretary or something. At one point I almost dropped my CV in one of the big Central mosque's in town but hesitated I was a Christian would I be welcomed there? I have scoured he classified section of newspapers newspapers, watched the tv, checked online but all my efforts were in vain .I have been a victim of these GNLD stuff with their cunning advertisements for vacancies .
I was on the brink of giving up on my hunt for a job when I bought an egg roll from a vendor and noticed that it was my CV the woman had used to wrap the snack . It upset me I could not finish the egg roll I set it aside and cried inwardly.
The copies of my CV in my house were countless, the woman that did photocopies beside in my street had a copy of my CV with her, I did not need to tell her what I needed when she saw me. The only question she asked me was " how many ?" I stopped going to her shop altogether when I realized her son who was in junior secondary school played "Customer dada ni" by 2T boys ft Seriki every time he saw me come into their shop.
Re: You're Bored? Fight Boredom With This Story by opsylojay(m): 6:36am On Nov 07, 2016
Raine80:
Ok here you go.
It was a beautiful Monday morning, the sun did not forget it's daily routine (rising from east to the west) shinning brightly.I got up from bed checked through the window and I saw how beautiful the day was.This was a sign of a good day I said to myself. I hurriedly brushed my teeth and went to the kitchen to check if my flatmates ( roommates denotes you share the same room I take this is not the case) had not tampered ( Why would your flatmates temper with your food? Temper would mean they mean you harm) with left over rice I cooked last night.

My apologises allow me to introduce you to my roommates. ( names for the roommates would give them human characters ). My roommates are these f**ken rats,( is it necessary to use profanities ?) I have tried every conceivable methods to try and get rid of them. So far all my efforts have been in vain. One would think poisoning them would be the most effective method. However they will eat the poison then drink my Palm oil to neutralize it. I was once advised to use the effective gum system, but they seem to have senses my intentions and will not not even near it. All my efforts have been futile. I have reached the conclusion that perhaps it was written in the stars that perhaps coexisting with these creatures.room with them knowing that one day perhaps they will be the landlords of these four walls. Fortunately for me they had not gone near the food, and I was preparing to warm it before enjoying my culinary delights. I attempted to switch on my portable gas cooker but alas! The gas gangster appeared to be empty. It has been barely three weeks since I filled the gas canister which was meant to last at least another week. I was perplexed and confused I could not help speak aloud it was as if was trying to convince someone. I checked my back up kerosene stove fortunately to use it to warm up my food . I devoured it as if had not eaten for days.

Once i had stuffed myself to the point of bursting. It was time to set about my daily routine. "I will start from where I left off on Friday I thought to myself" . I polished my black shoes, went to the bathroom to freshen up and got dressed . Before I left I checked if I still had enough of my stuff in my brown envelope but noticed that I just had two left. I made a mental note to add twenty more, yes twenty I mused. In case you are wondering what I was referring to as my "stuff" , it was my CV .

It has been close to a year I completed my NYSC and since then things have not gone the way always dreamt off . I was searching for jobs was more than the way APC was looking for GMB certificate. I completed my studies from one of the state universities in the country with a second class upper result ( a degree in what) . I would go from office to office leaving a trail of CV's in my wake. I went to banks in fact any setting that clerical activities took place even went as far leaving my CV in some big churches one would never know maybe they needed a secretary or something. At one point I almost dropped my CV in one of the big Central mosque's in town but hesitated I was a Christian would I be welcomed there? I have scoured he classified section of newspapers newspapers, watched the tv, checked online but all my efforts were in vain .I have been a victim of these GNLD stuff with their cunning advertisements for vacancies .
I was on the brink of giving up on my hunt for a job when I bought an egg roll from a vendor and noticed that it was my CV the woman had used to wrap the snack . It upset me I could not finish the egg roll I set it aside and cried inwardly.
The copies of my CV in my house were countless, the woman that did photocopies beside in my street had a copy of my CV with her, I did not need to tell her what I needed when she saw me. The only question she asked me was " how many ?" I stopped going to her shop altogether when I realized her son who was in junior secondary school played "Customer dada ni" by 2T boys ft Seriki every time he saw me come into their shop.
thanks.... stay tuned for more
Re: You're Bored? Fight Boredom With This Story by opsylojay(m): 10:52pm On Nov 11, 2016
I Left my house to start from where I stopped, dressed in an ironed White shirt and and brown trousers with my shoe shinning brightly. I set out waited in front of the gate in my house for any available okada to jump on, I waited for like 15 minutes but I didn't see any available one, the few ones I saw were occupied, I decided to trek down to the next street to increase my chance of getting one. Muddy water filed every pot hole on the street as it was to Early for the shining sun to evaporate the water courtesy of the rain that fell night before. I tried to avoid the pot holes from staining my shoes and trousers as I trekked down the street "The government of this country is so bad this street should have a good road and proper drainage system as it located in an urban area, how I wish I was the governor of this state or even a local government chairman, I would do everything possible to make the masses to know what democracy truly means.
A heavy splash of water on my body brought me back from the governor's seat I was sitting to reality, my white cloth had turn Kampala (part of it brown and part of it white) which was caused by a speeding black Toyota venza, the brown envelope I was holding which contained my CVs fell from me and the paper flew in different directions. The car parked few meters away from where I was standing I remain flabbergasted until I saw a young lady coming down from the car towards me rubbing her two hands as a sign of apology. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I brought out an handkerchief to wipe it off. "I'm very sorry please forgive me" she said as she bent down picking my scattered CV for me "no problem" I replied as she handed over my envelope to me "how can I be of help? Can I drop you somewhere?" She asked "never mind, my house is in opposite direction I'll just go back" I replied as I headed back to my house she stood there watching me as I was going... It showed in her face that she was actually sorry for the incident. "The bright shining sun today is nothing but a curse in disguise for me"

1 Like

Re: You're Bored? Fight Boredom With This Story by saxwizard(m): 2:34pm On Nov 12, 2016
undecided
Re: You're Bored? Fight Boredom With This Story by RoyalBlak007: 3:03pm On Nov 12, 2016
Laveda is definitely bored cos shes been reading but not commenting grin
So laveda come and kill that boredom grin
Re: You're Bored? Fight Boredom With This Story by Laveda(f): 3:09pm On Nov 12, 2016
RoyalBlak007:

Laveda is definitely bored cos shes been reading but not commenting grin
So laveda come and kill that boredom grin

cheesy someone caught me.
Re: You're Bored? Fight Boredom With This Story by ufuosman(m): 3:22pm On Nov 12, 2016
interesting
Re: You're Bored? Fight Boredom With This Story by RoyalBlak007: 3:28pm On Nov 12, 2016
Laveda:

cheesy someone caught me.

We fly..high....
i got a clear view#BIRDS EYE cool

Oya read through or comman Goan be commenting grin
Re: You're Bored? Fight Boredom With This Story by Laveda(f): 3:32pm On Nov 12, 2016
RoyalBlak007:

We fly..high....
i got a clear view#BIRDS EYE cool

Oya read through or comman Goan be commenting grin

lipsrsealed Can't read this.

Lol alright, I'll comment..
Re: You're Bored? Fight Boredom With This Story by RoyalBlak007: 3:46pm On Nov 12, 2016
Laveda:

lipsrsealed Can't read this.

Lol alright, I'll comment..

cool cool cool cool
cool cool
cool cool cool cool
Re: You're Bored? Fight Boredom With This Story by saheedbadmus(m): 6:21pm On Nov 12, 2016
Following lik bumper wey dey car back

1 Like

Re: You're Bored? Fight Boredom With This Story by opsylojay(m): 7:55am On Nov 13, 2016
saheedbadmus:
Following lik bumper wey dey car back
Stay tuned for more

(1) (Reply)

See Another Facebook Madness / 99.9% Of Ladies Are Guilty Of This Attitudes. / What Will You Do If You Spouse Slap You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.