Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,694 members, 7,831,157 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Gay Penguin Couple Celebrates 10th Year Anniversary (photos) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Gay Penguin Couple Celebrates 10th Year Anniversary (photos) (1105 Views)

Through Thick & Thin: Couple Celebrates Weigh Loss Together On Valentine’s Day / Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Shared On Twitter On Her 10th Year Anniversary Watch / South African Lady Celebrates 4month Relationship Anniversary With Semi-Nude Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gay Penguin Couple Celebrates 10th Year Anniversary (photos) by ObiOmaMu: 12:02pm On Nov 07, 2016
Two penguins are celebrating their 10th year of partnership, as a gay couple.

Dotty and Zee are two Humboldt penguins that reside at Bremerhaven Zoo in Germany. They have been together for over a decade now and are completely inseparable.

At first, the couple were left to their own devices as the zoo did not yet realise both Dotty and Zee were male penguins.

However, after a few years of dedicated partnership the pair had a DNA test. In 2005 the test revealed
their gender, as well as the answer to why they hadn’t yet started a family.

Dotty and Zee are not the only gay couple in the zoo either. Of the 10 penguin pairs at the zoo, three
are gay male couples.

A vet at Bremerhaven explained that the species were endangered, so to encourage breeding they flew in 6 females from Sweden.
He said:
“This is one of the most endangered species we have in the world we have maybe only 2000 of the species left.”
The attempt to encourage breeding was unsuccessful, but proved the dedication between the couples.
“The three gay couples stayed together showing us that they are really strong relationships,” the vet added.

Dotty and Zee have built a nest every year, a clear indication that they wanted to start a family.
2009 was their lucky year as they were gifted an egg that was rejected by its mother.

The penguins took on the shared responsibility of incubating the egg and acted like good fathers by sharing the feeding work and doing everything necessary for the baby.

For the adorable couple, it was a story of success as they beat all the odds.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/11/gay-penguin-couple-celebrates-10th-year.html

lalasticlala

Re: Gay Penguin Couple Celebrates 10th Year Anniversary (photos) by yeyeboi(m): 12:11pm On Nov 07, 2016
Rubbish angry
Re: Gay Penguin Couple Celebrates 10th Year Anniversary (photos) by TrapSoul(m): 12:07pm On Nov 14, 2016
Love is kind cool

1 Like

Re: Gay Penguin Couple Celebrates 10th Year Anniversary (photos) by UrennaNkoli(f): 12:14pm On Nov 14, 2016
See meat.
Re: Gay Penguin Couple Celebrates 10th Year Anniversary (photos) by Nobody: 12:17pm On Nov 14, 2016
op bomb dey your head sha undecided made me waste my 0.56mb opening this poo i spit on your face embarassed

1 Like

Re: Gay Penguin Couple Celebrates 10th Year Anniversary (photos) by chigoizie7(m): 12:19pm On Nov 14, 2016
Here in naija, they are only allowed to exist as meats, talk more of gay animals.

Them for don chop them tey tey
Re: Gay Penguin Couple Celebrates 10th Year Anniversary (photos) by slimthugchimee(m): 12:23pm On Nov 14, 2016
rubbish thread undecided
Re: Gay Penguin Couple Celebrates 10th Year Anniversary (photos) by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 14, 2016
UrennaNkoli:
See meat.
you are a True Nigerian..!!
Re: Gay Penguin Couple Celebrates 10th Year Anniversary (photos) by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 14, 2016
Berlynn:
op bomb dey your head sha undecided made me waste my 0.56mb opening this poo i spit on your face embarassed
you been aggressive this days.. Watsup :>
Re: Gay Penguin Couple Celebrates 10th Year Anniversary (photos) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 14, 2016
TEVLI:
you been aggressive this days.. Watsup :>

i missed my period maybe that's why cry cry
Re: Gay Penguin Couple Celebrates 10th Year Anniversary (photos) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 14, 2016
Berlynn:

babe come here, I don't miss u kiss

Re: Gay Penguin Couple Celebrates 10th Year Anniversary (photos) by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 14, 2016
Berlynn:

i missed my period maybe that's why cry cry
haa!! MackBrooklyn why she miss her period na
Re: Gay Penguin Couple Celebrates 10th Year Anniversary (photos) by RoyalBlak007: 1:22pm On Nov 14, 2016
#That face berlynn makes when she dreams bout
Lalasticlala

Re: Gay Penguin Couple Celebrates 10th Year Anniversary (photos) by Nobody: 1:25pm On Nov 14, 2016
RoyalBlak007:

#That face berlynn makes when she dreams bout
Lalasticlala

Awww its an awesome feeling grin
Re: Gay Penguin Couple Celebrates 10th Year Anniversary (photos) by youngberry001(m): 1:32pm On Nov 14, 2016
Amazing smiley

#military
Re: Gay Penguin Couple Celebrates 10th Year Anniversary (photos) by MackBrooklyn: 1:40pm On Nov 14, 2016
TEVLI:
haa!! Mac.kBrooklyn why she miss her period na

angry angry
Re: Gay Penguin Couple Celebrates 10th Year Anniversary (photos) by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 14, 2016
MackBrooklyn:

angry angry
no be you and am dey play rough play upandown here??
Re: Gay Penguin Couple Celebrates 10th Year Anniversary (photos) by MackBrooklyn: 1:49pm On Nov 14, 2016
TEVLI:
no be you and am dey play rough play upandown here??

When?? angry
Re: Gay Penguin Couple Celebrates 10th Year Anniversary (photos) by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 14, 2016
MackBrooklyn:

When?? angry
she been mentioning yer on all threads...
Re: Gay Penguin Couple Celebrates 10th Year Anniversary (photos) by MackBrooklyn: 1:59pm On Nov 14, 2016
TEVLI:
she been mentioning yer on all threads...

And does that mean we're fûcking each other?? angry

(1) (Reply)

Satisfy Ur Erotic Desire / Top 10 Reasons To Never Steal Your Best Friend’s Boyfriend / Drop Your Views About The Re-opening Of Mmm Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.